Jang Dong Yoon 장동윤 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Joseon Exorcist

kkddrraammaa

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

4. Oh, his English ~!... it's not gonna be a problem for us international fans then because he understands English :) I kinda really wanna meet him in person.

5. Appa material B).. he's gonna be a great dad :)

I agree with you, also I would like him to participate in more traveling variety shows, who knows and maybe we are lucky enough and he visits one of our countries :wub: and we will be able to communicate with him yayyyy \o/ 

• Like 3

I am one of those that became his fan bec of his personality and how he can naturally communicate with people around him :blush:

I watched tton bec of Sohyun but the drama introduces me to DongYoon, and showed how realistic he is as an actor and as a person. Sohyun is really comfortable with him, which is an added point :wub:

Its really heartwarming seeing him cry while talking about his mom in the Gashinas but also amusing to watch his confidence in the law of the jungle:D then showed his cooking skills and swimming skills with all the other variety shows :lol: and we discovered that he's always a leader in a group during his studies. he is indeed a 7D person :D

Now the next thing that i want to see will be how he will answer those post drama interviews.. And maybe live interviews as well. All those interviews we saw was before/during tton (actors avoid giving out spoilers so they dont share a lot of details)  i really want to check further how he will analyze those experiences about working in tton without the burden of the drama anymore :blush: (im curious bec usually thats the last angle i check before i will dive and support an artist wholeheartedly) 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I agree, his personality, that's why I was immediately enchanted by him :wub:. It's hard to find actors who are truly genuine in both their career and personal life. Just in three years, he's now finally recognized and has solidified himself as a male lead through TTON. We need more people like him in the entertainment/media world to be a role model, given the toxic world we currently live in. So I am sooo happy for him :heart:

Yeah, he seems like and open-minded person with a great humanity. He might not care what people think about him, he loves himself and tiny lovely things around him (which is proved in his poem). He shows off his personality very well, natural but I can feel that he's very careful and serious.
Oh my god, I love him crazily :joy:. I can talk about him all day with my bad English :D.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, kkddrraammaa said:

YES PLEASE! I wanna see the badass scruffy side of his. Downing some beer, smoking in a shady alley *giggling*
Which reminds me of a pic someone posted recently on twitter.

Here you are, my dear friend :wub:

I love his acting in this film, although by the time of the movie, he'd just debuted for 2 years.

Edited by Lazilady
To fix some grammar mistakes.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ARENA HOMME PLUS MAGAZINE

Jang Dong Yoon's interview:

"... When I started my acting career, there was a time I was convinced that I didn't have a chance, but I got better after adapting.

I: didn't you say you have high self-esteem?

...I didn't study when I was in middle school but I started to put effort in studying from high school...

In middle school, I thought that my classmate that got the first place was a person living in another world. But when I started to put effort into studying, my grades were better than my friends who were better than me before. I had a taste of it, so at that time, studying was a new world for me, like the acting world right now. The experience of that time has helped me to become who I'm now. So I learned to adapt myself as an actor. I tend to trust in the effort rather than the innate talent..."

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17393749&memberNo=37982188

A fragment of his interview, I really hope someone translates all his interviews, he's so thoughtful and mature. And an intelligent person indeed, I tried to use a translator to read this one ^^; he talked abt his hobbies, also something interesting, when he started to get offers as an actor, he had already an offer to work in an office abt his career :relieved:  happily that incident in the store happened and all his plans changed. He worked in a music band and he learned to play guitar, roles that he wants to play as actor: journalists and lawyer, he also talks about his movie "Beautiful days"

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Lazilady said:

His cuteness makes this song more popular :D.
It's Be Melodramatic's OST. What a good choice of drama :wub:

I'm gonna be reminded of him if I ever hear this song now^^... I didn't quite like it that much at first, but as I tried listening to it again, I'm feeling it now :joy:

15 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

So I learned to adapt myself as an actor. I tend to trust in the effort rather than the innate talent...

I LOVE that. I have great admiration for people with natural talent because it's just amazing how they can be great at a particular thing they're born with. BUT I have MAD RESPECT more for those people who put lots of effort and hard work to achieve something or to be who they are, because I can totally relate to it as a person who isn't born with such innate talents whatsoever as well ♡♡♡

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Keep rising JDY!! Atta boy :blush:

Rewatching tton while waiting for the final eps and all i can say, Dong Yoon deserves all recognitions (from fans and the acting industry) for being able to handle Nokdu so well :wub:

Hoping that kbs will give an award for him at the year end.

And he deserve a nomination for Best New Actor in Baeksang 2020. Seriously he slayed this lead role from beginning til end. If fate will allow, let him win the Best New Actor in Baeksang :D

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

On 11/16/2019 at 10:14 PM, kkddrraammaa said:

I was also wondering how much weight he had to lose for "The Tale of Nokdu" drama!

He looks super broad in this one. This is from 2018 some time around "A poem a day". I think this was his buffest period ever. Rawrr! :love:

But for TTON he needed to pass off as a very pretty woman, so he now looks like this. The long hair looks nice and the short I don't miss as much as his buff shoulders and the cheeks. So thin!  T_T

But he's shown a very charming side in this drama so I've fallen further for him haha.
He sure is a hardworking dude!
Link to article https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/devi-latifah/potret-jang-dong-yoon-di-the-tale-of-nokdu-c1c2/full

More yummy proof pics -

I might have to watch a poem a day just for topless dongyoon scenes since tale of nokdu isn't giving us any these days.

• LOL 4

17 hours ago, petunia said:

I might have to watch a poem a day just for topless dongyoon scenes since tale of nokdu isn't giving us any these days.

Oh, are there lots of topless JDY in that drama? :joy:

Ikr... it's already cold there in Korea, that's why they're not giving us anymore abs JDY... haha...

So happy for my boy for his fanmeeting ~! ... wish I was in Korea right now.. haayyy...

• Like 3

DongYoon's cat!!!!!! such a lucky cat btw, and it seems is overweight :D I wonder what's the cat's name? Kkk 

And Also today is one year since the premiere of his first movie BEAUTIFUL DAYS! Btw I read somewhere that his next project is a movie? I'm not sure about this thou~ 

And also details about the place where it will take place DongYoon's fanmeeting this December 8th 

• Like 3

i want to attend it too.. this is my 1st time wanting to attend an actor's FM :bawling:

i really want to interact with him personally, and since he can speak eng well -- we can understand each other

he's definitely my bias for the actor category, pls take care of me well :blush:

Saw a tweet that he's going to have an interview and press conference next week Nov 25-27.. more public appearances from him..Go go go

DongYoon wants attention (as he mentioned previously) so enjoy it to the fullest. another thing i like him, he isnt shy/become ninja after a project.. good for us :D:D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, purpleconfetti said:

Aww his cat is so cute!! :wub: 

Does anyone know what movie he is filming next? I was kind of hoping he would do another drama so we could see him back on our screens sooner :D

Yes I also want more info about this next movie, I hope he'll talk abt in his after drama interviews! And I really hope he'll do a drama as well or a variety show at least! 

• Like 1

Behind the scenes still cuts! Just 3 days until the last episode of The Tale of Nokdu drama! :tears:

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Nokdu! 

And also a kfan update abt this... the Sewol Ferry ribbon in his bag, he's such a thoughtful person <3 

• Like 2
  • Love 1