0ly40

The pros and cons of time traveling | According to Korean Dramas [ENG SUB CC]

PRO. Profit from knowing of future

PRO. Benefit from advances in the future

CON. Keeping your real identity a secret

CON. Being away from loved ones.

PRO. Change what you don´t like about the future

PRO. You get a second chance to say...

'Si Jeep' Lee Si-woo "Sung Dong-il, Jo Seung-woo, Park Shin-hye, please be pretty and get a lot of help."

Input 2021.04.12 at 5:22 PM

[Joy News 24 Reporter Kim Ji-young] Actor Lee Si-woo expressed his gratitude to Sung Dong-il, Jo Seung-woo, and Park Shin-hye, who were together in the drama'Si Jeeps'.

On the afternoon of the 12th, Siwoo Lee held an interview for the closing of the JTBC drama'Si Jip's: the myth' (hereinafter'Si Jip's') at the office building of Joy News 24 in Mapo-gu, Seoul.

Imagen

'Sisyphus' is a fantasy mystery drama about the journey of a genius engineer and a savior who has taken a long and dangerous path for him to uncover the existence of a hidden identity in our world.

Siwoo Lee is an Asian Mart employee in the play, and he was divided into Bingbing, who manages the downloader server. At the end of the drama, Bingbing, who was interested in the personal history of President Park (Sung Dong-il), was interested in the relationship between women and women.

Siwoo Lee said about Sung Dong-il and Jo Seung-woo who were together in the play, "You were really pretty. He smiled and talked to me. Besides me, Seon-ho Eom (Ha-jun Jung) and Seon-Jae Um (Lee Myung-ro) also remembered me."

In addition, she added to Park Shin-hye, "In the beginning, he gave me a lot of help because he was not familiar with things," he added. "He told me that when I picked up a gun in the play, I had to listen quickly."

He expressed his gratitude, saying, "Bingbing is a character who is an atmosphere maker, and the seniors helped and led me well."

/ Reporter Kim Ji-young (jy1008@joynews24.com)

http://m.joynews24.com/v/1357886

K-drama Review: Sisyphus: The Myth

by
  • Von & Mara

Sisyphus-the-myth-featured.jpg

Thematic Pursuits:

1. The Cycles of Time

One of the most obvious elements in Sisyphus:The Myth is its employment of time. The storyline goes back and forth- from past to present to future. This proves the idea that time revolves around cycles; that past, present, and future are interconnected. The events of the past shape the future events. As evident in the drama, the interactions of Tae-sul and Seo Wun-ju when they were still kids became the trigger on which the future is decided. It is that singular event in the past that sealed the future’s demise. The characters’ attempt to tweak time forced them to go back and forth.

2. Acknowledgment of the absurdity of one’s fate

This theme is inspired by the Myth of Sisyphus in Greek Mythology. In that story, Sisyphus was punished by the gods to push a boulder up in the mountain for all eternity. His punishment is to endure an eternity of hopeless struggle. In the drama, this is exemplified by Tae-sul’s dilemma. He has to go back and forth in time in his struggle to end the cycle. He is trapped in time’s cycles. Tae-sul is basically Sisyphus. They both represent an absurd hero who is forever in a hopeless struggle to break free from the order of time. 

3. Regret as the narrative vehicle

Characters in the drama are driven by regret that is why they travelled through time to change the things they have done in the past. All characters in the drama were driven by this emotion. In fact, if we review some episodes, this has always been mentioned by Sigma. This is very reflective of the human condition. We certainly have regrets and if given the power to change our pasts, we certainly would just so our regrets will be gone. This very human emotion was used well by the drama to allow the plotlines to progress. Regret can be a very defeating feeling but the drama was able to prove and pull- off that it also can be a powerful motivation for change. 

The concepts I have presented above are the reasons why this drama for me is a very powerful mouthpiece of expressing the themes that are so parallel with our condition as slaves of the fluidity of time. We are all chained to the rhythm of time and that the only way to break free is to have a profound understanding of our fates for this lucidity of realization will put us above the tragedies that we will face. 

Sisyphus: The Myth for me is one of the best Korean dramas I have seen so far. The layers, the literary devices, the thematic pursuits of the drama all work together to achieve the goal of the story in providing a reconciliation for the characters and their struggles with time and their life regrets. 

What about you? Do we have similar thoughts? Let me know in the comment section below…

https://hanadulses.com/k-drama/k-drama-review-sisyphus-the-myth/?fbclid=IwAR2LoLYJF45Qfvi16admn8klr1-PJCIaJGbudIKRRrWZ0IPzuNkG8K1j4pw

When Park Shin Hye see the making film camera,Park Shin Hye show Cho Seung Woo's greeting with the viewer

Sisyphus to her dad (in the drama)

She told that if " Cho Seung Woo is here, he will tell us to greeting with the viewers and act like this (mimicking SW's expression) then said 'Sisyphus' "

Thank you for the best drama this year for me 

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo Get Tearfully Immersed Into Emotional Kiss Scene In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo Get Tearfully Immersed Into Emotional Kiss Scene In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Apr 13, 2021
by S. Cho

JTBC has released a new behind-the-scenes look at “Sisyphus: The Myth”!

The clip starts out with Park Shin Hye loudly practicing an action scene as she perfects where to aim her gun. As soon as she’s done, Cho Seung Woo and Kim Byung Chul relax and casually pull out their ear plugs.

The trio continue to film an intense action scene. When it comes time for Kim Byung Chul’s character to slowly disappear, they all excitedly run off camera so that the crew can film the background shot.

After more rehearsals, Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo prepare for their emotional kiss scene. They experiment with different hand placements and angles. As they’re getting touch ups, the duo look over the script, revealing that Cho Seung Woo was supposed to caress Park Shin Hye’s face, followed by her faint smile. The actress shares, “But before during rehearsals, we didn’t do that,” explaining why she burst into tears while filming.

Watch the full clip below!

Watch Park Shin Hye in “Heirs” below!

WATCH NOW

https://soompi.com/article/146399

@artshinhye

7wpp/watch-park-shin-hye-and-cho-seung-woo-get-tearfully-immersed-into-emotional-kiss-scene-in-sisyphus-the-myth