[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

The music producer responsible for Sisyphus since episode 9 praised Shin Hye

It cannot be denied that episode 11 was overall a bit loose, but still this scene is my definite number one pick of this episode. Park simply nailed it so beautifully. ❤️ I wanted to express her emotion with silky and velvety strings. Gorgeous songs without words in an elegant way. No straightforwardness. Her eyes already tell us everything.

http://instagram.com/p/CMzgfZmFPZB/

Imagen

via @snowsaya16

Sisyphus:  The Myth ranks no. 7 on Netflix Japan today...

Imagen

at the beginning of episode 12 when Seo Hae walked through the destroyed city, then into the desert I was wondering where in Korea is there a desert?  Then I realize that that is the epicenter of the nuclear blast!  That is why her father warned her to avoid that area.  When she sunk into the quick sand, that probably was the crater that has been filled in by surrounding dirt and sand.  A quick calculation shows that an airblast nuclear explosion of about 1 megaton will make a shallow crater 1000+ feet wide, and the surrounding area will vaporize and be gone for miles!  Sobering finding for the poor  Seo Hae, growing up for 15 years in this hell.

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Enjoy A Sweet Moment As A Couple In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Enjoy A Sweet Moment As A Couple In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Mar 25, 2021
by L. Kim

Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye are a loving couple in “Sisyphus: The Myth”!

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring light to hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world. Park Shin Hye plays his savior Kang Seo Hae, who comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war.

Spoilers

In episode 11, Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae couldn’t hide their feelings for each other anymore. He willingly let her have the final antidote because he didn’t want to lose her, and she desperately waited for him to wake up. They shared a tearful goodbye kiss, but miraculously, he came back to her, and they shared a joyful embrace.

The newly released stills give a peek at the blossoming romance between Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae. They spend quality time with each other at his penthouse, and he tenderly holds onto her hand as he gazes deeply into her eyes. They can’t stop smiling at each other, and their eyes are brimming with affection and devotion.

park-shin-hye-cho-seung-woo3.jpg

The producers of “Sisyphus: The Myth” commented, “There will be a noticeable change in the romance between Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae who confirmed their feelings for each other after the kiss. Please look forward to their romance as they spend sweet moments together.”

Episode 12 will air on March 25 at 9 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, check out Park Shin Hye in “Little House in the Forest“:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

cr. https://soompi.com/article/1461121wpp/cho-seung-woo-and-park-shin-hye-enjoy-a-sweet-moment-as-a-couple-in-sisyphus-the-myth

• Love 1

I was planning to let the drama finish before watching it but my Netflix keeps on suggesting it to me so I gave in. Two episodes in and my curiosity is really piqued. Science fiction is my favorite genre and Park Shin Hye is my favorite kdrama actress after all. The first two episodes reminded me of elements of two Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, Terminator and Total Recall. Here is my idea of the story so far. Han Tae-sul developed an energy source that probably either made the future world barren (Kang Seo-hae's father did say there are real fruits there so eat whatever you like) or was used by someone from the future to take over. The Immigration Control Bureau is surely in contact with that someone from the future because minutes after Kang Seo-hae arrived in the past, they were already tracking her. Immigration in this case obviously means time travelers from the future. That Geiger counter-like thing they have must be detecting light particles or whatever they call it in the drama that are unique to the time travelers. I reckon the time travelers are part of a resistance group in the future who's purpose is to prevent the "event" that happened in the past and directly led to their current dire status. Han Tae-sul's brother likely discovered these time travelers and was in turn found out by the Control Bureau. I don't think the Control Bureau has him. What I think is he is with the faceless person on the other phone. I also think Eddie Kim and Kim Seo-jin have been threatened by the Control Bureau to keep tabs on Han Tae-sul. The picture and scene showing Han Tae-sul with Kang Seo-hae in wedding attire is interesting. If they really got married then the future when these time travelers came from must not be that far off. I also noted the leader of the Control Bureau has been saying "it is not a question of where" and this implies time travel (i.e. when).

I will most likely binge watch the remaining episodes in the weekend. I'm curious why the rating has dropped from around 6% in the early episodes to 4%. For those people who read my posted ideas please just say if I'm on the right track or totally wrong without saying what actually happened.

Up to episode 4 now and the action has definitely tapered off compared to the first 2 episodes. So I was wrong in my earlier post that Han Tae-sul developed a power source. I guess the company name, Quantum & Time, is a big clue. Quantum teleportation!!! That explains why some of the time travelers are arriving with deformed body parts or missing parts that reforms after some real time delay. So these brokers are actually early time travelers that have managed to integrate themselves in Korean society and have so far escaped capture by the Control Bureau. In the book The World Without Us by Alan Weisman, with the assumption that humanity suddenly disappears, in 5 years a city will start looking like a forest and within 20 years, the buildings will start coming down. So the scene showing Kang Seo-hae searching through the remains of a forested city was likely between 5 to 20 years from the present time (2020). She mentioned that the downloaders started surfacing around 2021 so she must still be alive around that time. In saying that, the wedding picture if it in did happen, was later during that year or most likely after. She mentioned that the time travelers are coming back because of regret. This was definitely the case with the police officer who was harsh to his mother. He came back on the day he knew his mother was going to die and he made sure his mother ate the food she liked before dying. The difference in appearance between him and his present self is further proof that the future he came from is not that far off relatively speaking. The only paradox I can think of is that his police officer self was taken by the Control Bureau. Maybe they did not kill him, otherwise how could there be a future him? Another question that is difficult to answer is why is Sigma sending time travelers to kill Han Tae-sul? and lastly what is Kang Seo-hae's regretful reason for coming back? Her father specifically told her not to come in contact with Han Tae-sul but that was the foremost thing she had in mind. Did she die in the future because of being with Han Tae-sul?   

jtbcdrama instagram update

165349077_2620303361594999_5275492183189

Spoiler

164970733_492832225072568_72166086385373

164908729_4355588241137401_6533719134722

Spoiler

166401331_479008113295476_47442925467716

Spoiler

165307316_1200796593651680_9135040929780

Spoiler

164569750_1151558955258181_8976415405728

164433033_127174142695428_54372860582864

This is so intriguing!!!! What is the present identification of Sigma?? And where is Han Tae Sul, by the way??! Then the present Han Tea Sul might be the future Sigma?? Or Han Tae Sul has no future for himself??! (I don't want to talk about that :(). What do you think, guys??!

Just finished eps 5 and 6 and the story is getting muddled a bit. There seem to be a couple of paradoxes here: the first is when Han Tae-sul gave the diary to Kang Seo-hae and the second bigger one is what looks like the future Han Tae-sul almost being seen by his present day (albeit 19 years ago) brother Han Tae-san. So the war they have been mentioning was a nuclear attack from North Korea!!! We saw a bit more of the future world when Kang Seo-hae and her father was attacked by another group in what looks like a supermarket. A thing of note is the appearance of Han Tae-sul in the cover of the magazine. The future Jung Hyun-gi already told Han Tae-sul not to go to the second floor of the chairman's house and Kang Seo-hae not to go outside because there is a sniper there. But guess what they did anyway so Han Tae-sul suffered more than two weeks (Aug 29 to Sept 15, 2020) of being drugged and Kang Seo-hae was shot in the leg. The very big plot hole was how did Sun know Kang Seo-hae would be there!!! So Kim Seo-jin showed her true colors. She masterminded drugging Han Tae-sul and would have succeeded in getting the key had Han Tae-sul not figured out the real date. She was obviously just using Eddie Kim too. I really did not like ep 6 that much due to the loopholes and unexplained events. The teaser for the next episode was interesting though. Was the person who captured Han Tae-san the elusive Sigma? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

This is so intriguing!!!! What is the present identification of Sigma?? And where is Han Tae Sul, by the way??! Then the present Han Tea Sul might be the future Sigma?? Or Han Tae Sul has no future for himself??! (I don't want to talk about that :(). What do you think, guys??!

i think in ep13/14 preview, there is a younger version of Sigma (real name Seo Won Ju, based on the year book and in ep12) that's around current Han Tae Sul age.. he was in a room full of paintings.. if i interpreted it correctly, Seo Hae wanted to shoot him but Tae Sul tried to stop her.

• Like 1