[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Are Surrounded By Enemies In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Are Surrounded By Enemies In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Mar 18, 2021
by U. Kim

Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye are surrounded by enemies on all sides in JTBC’s “Sisyphus: The Myth.”

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring light to hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world. Park Shin Hye plays his savior Kang Seo Hae, who comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war.

Spoilers

At the end of the previous episode, Han Tae Sool came to the rescue of Kang Seo Hae, who was taken by the Control Bureau. Han Tae Sool was shown taking determined steps into Ja Ae Hospital, indicating that his feelings for Kang Seo Hae had deepened even further.

The Control Bureau had succeeded in bringing Kang Seo Hae to the interrogation room by taking advantage of the short moment she was left alone in the amusement park. Han Tae Sool figured out that the Control Bureau’s headquarters were in Ja Ae Hospital. Sun (Chae Jong Hyeop) snuck into the Control Bureau’s server room and took control of their servers using the USB drive handed to him by Han Tae Sool. It was at that moment that Jung Hyun Gi (Go Yoon) aimed a gun at Kang Seo Hae, blinded by revenge.

Now, the mission will be a success once Han Tae Sool escapes with Kang Seo Hae. However, newly released stills show that it won’t be easy. Han Tae Sool looks concerned as he holds an unconscious Kang Seo Hae in his arms, and they’re blocked by the Control Bureau’s agents and even Asia Mart’s Mr. Park (Sung Dong Il), Uhm Seon Ho (Jung Ha Joon), and Uhm Seon Jae (Lee Myeong Ro). As the Asia Mart employees were previously caught by the Control Bureau because of Kang Seo Hae, they were furious.

Escaping the hospital was not the only problem. In the interrogation room, she had been injected the FOS shot, a terrifying substance that breaks down the proteins in a person’s body. Kang Seo Hae was in a critical state, flickering between life and death.

The producers of “Sisyphus: The Myth” commented, “The hardships coming at Han Tae Sool, who has stepped into the enemy’s territory with bare hands to save Kang Seo Hae, have not stopped. Please join us on the ongoing Sisyphus journey to see how Han Tae Sool will save Kang Seo Hae, who is on the brink of death, and what kind of emotions he will be feeling.”

Episode 10 of “Sisyphus: The Myth” airs on March 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, check out Park Shin Hye in “Little House in the Forest

WATCH NOW

soompi.com/article/145980

• Like 3

2035 is the future and 2021 was the present.  All the major players know the future and that explain their confidence... like Seo Hae said "I'm not going to die to day".   she knew to the number to the lottery.  Her parents also knew the future, hence the sacrifice by her mother to close the door to the bomb shelter, which no one else came to because they did not expect a nuclear war (but her family knew).  Her mother simply knew that there was no time before the nuclear missile strikes, and her spouse and daughter must survive.   The father knew and brought an AR assault rifle with him on that faithful day when thousands of rockets land on Seoul, just before the big bang.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

its a sad but touching ep10.

i was wrong to think the earlier preview meant her dad came back to 2020..

so this sisyphus myth is actually referring to Seo Hae repeating her mission to save the world?

Spoiler

Agnes Kim identity came as a surprise!

i'm still wondering who could have been the actual identity in 2020 to be Sigma coming back from the future.. Edward? Tae Sul himself?

based on the explanation by Tae Sul regarding objects (the photo pendant) from future are temp copies.. putting them close together would make them merge into 1..

so Sigma couldn't have been Tae Sul since the preview have them seated so close together..

• Like 3

Mar 19, 2021,08:11am EST|242 views

Park Shin-Hye Shares How Much She Enjoyed Her ‘Sisyphus’ Action Scenes

Joan MacDonald
Contributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.
Park Shin-hye's character in 'Sisyphus: The Myth' has grown up in a dystopian world.

Park Shin-hye's character in 'Sisyphus: The Myth' has grown up in a dystopian world.

NETFLIX

Park Shin-hye plays a fierce warrior from the future in the sci-fi drama Sisyphus: The Myth. Her character Gang Seo-hae is a time traveler who lands in present-day Korea, armed and ready to fight. Adept at martial arts and practiced in marksmanship, Seo-hae knows she’s there to save the world and there’s no time to waste.

While the present-day world seems like paradise compared to the harsh future, she can’t afford to relax.  Seo-hae must protect engineer Han Tae-sul, played by Cho Seung-woo. Changing his fate may be the key to preventing a nuclear disaster.

“In Sisyphus, the people from the future are those who have returned to the present with a purpose, no matter what the risks,” said Park. “This is true for Gang Seo-hae. She’s a cool character who struggles to change the future. And she has many likable traits. She’s honest and bold. She faces her situation head-on. Others might view her as someone naive and clueless about worldly matters, but in truth her innocence comes from the fact that she has lived in a bunker for a long time since childhood. And, in contrast to that innocent side of her, she’s a person who can adapt to changing situations and put up a fight when necessary.”

Park tackles the drama’s action scenes with enthusiasm and agility. The confidence with which she defies gravity, leaping gracefully into the air and decimating villains, makes it obvious she relishes the physicality. 

“Seo-hae’s an action-oriented character,” said Park. “The best thing for me was being involved in the action scenes.”

Seo-hae returns to the past to prevent a nuclear disaster.

Seo-hae returns to the past to prevent a nuclear disaster.

NETFLIX

Sisyphus gave her ample opportunities to demonstrate her natural talent for action scenes, which she fine tuned with several weeks of training.

“I enrolled in an action school a month and a half before filming began,” said Park. “I enjoyed my time there because I usually have no qualms about getting physical and roughing it. From holding a gun, to every other element in the staging of an action scene. I practiced until it became a natural part of my body movement. The filming of the scene at Sun’s house, for example, took place much after I had practiced it at the school. But because I had practiced the whole sequence, I was able to apply it quickly on set. Sometimes I was required to perform impromptu action on set during filming. That was possible because the action team and I had put in the time piecing together and practicing sequences. I was able to learn new moves quickly and perform them on the spot.”

Park, who made her debut playing the younger version of Choi Ji-woo’s character in the 2003 drama Stairway to Heaven, has long wanted to try the kind of action scenes that propel Sisyphus and hopes there will be more opportunities in the future.

“I had so much fun,” said Park. “But it’s not like I was 100 percent happy with my action performance, so I’d love to take on other films or drama series involving action. Performing an action scene is never easy, because you can’t let yourself go, even for a moment. If you do, someone could get hurt. But I had so much fun learning and performing these scenes.”

Park admits that as a child, she briefly considered becoming a police officer. Or maybe even a kindergarten teacher, she adds with a laugh. But early and consistent success confirmed that acting was a good career choice. Since her debut, she’s played multiple professions in films and on the small screen—a singer, a doctor, a lawyer, a judo coach and even a lonely queen.

Although Park’s international following may owe a lot to her roles in popular dramas, such as You’re Beautiful with Jang Geun Suk, The Heirs with Lee Min Ho, Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk, Flower Boy Next Door with Yoon Shi-hoon and Memories of Alhambra with Hyun Bin, her film resume is also noteworthy. Park starred in the historical film The Royal Tailor, the zombie film #Alive, the horror film The Call and the comedy/drama Miracle in Cell No. 7, which became one of the highest grossing Korean films of all time.

Since her debut Park has worked consistently, whether she was acting, hosting, modeling, or serving as an ambassador for various causes. It’s an intense schedule, but she derives motivation from what she does and those around her.

“The driving forces are my fans, family, friends and my colleagues,” said Park. “Acting provides such fun and rare opportunities to express things and to encounter interesting characters. It is such a blessing to share the emotional experiences with people who have seen my performances. I can’t think of anything more fun and meaningful than that. It’s those moments accrued over time that sustains me and my work.”

When her character travels to the past in Sisyphus: The Myth, Seo-hae does not rush to see the family she lost. If time travel really existed and Park could travel back, family would be a priority.

“I haven’t really thought about turning back time to return to any one period, but if I could, I’d like to visit the time when my maternal grandmother was healthy,” said Park. “She passed away when I was very little.”

When it comes to destinations she can actually travel to, Park has preferences that will hopefully translate into plans once pandemic restrictions phase out. There are some places she would return to and some she would like to visit for the first time. 

“It’s hard to narrow it down to one place,” she said. “I have so many wonderful memories of every destination, with cities and vacation places each having their own charm. So it’s hard to choose. For my next trip, I’d love to go somewhere like Hawaii.”

After demonstrating a talent for action skills in Sisyphus, the very next role she chooses might require fewer somersaults.

“Some of my recent works had distinct genre characteristics,” she said. “These days I’m thinking I’d like to be involved in a pleasant and laid back human drama type of a show that deals with the subtleties of day-to-day life.”

cr: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/03/19/park-shin-hye-shares-how-much-she-enjoyed-her-sisyphus-action-scenes/?sh=253851f370db

• Like 1

Annyeong. everyone ! 

I have been a silent reader here for some time. Caught up with the latest episodes and I like how unpredictable the storyline is. This drama is confusing as hell but somehow it makes sense. Each episode explains the prior incidents  and always leaves us things to guess for.  In episode 10, Seo Hae's future dad says that he saw her dying in front of him in the past. So i think he is the one who buried her in 2020. And about the president of Asia Mart, Mr. Park, What's the deal with him? He keeps on saying he'll kill our leads. They trapped him so of course he would harbor a grudge, but in the last episode he said some thing in the lines of- I'll kill you both in the end anyways. It would be sad if he is their killer.(I have a soft spot for this ahjussi who always plays the dad roles)Whatever he said previously has come true so... I feel the worst is yet to come. The wedding of our leads is a dilemma too.I get they are in love.. but how did it transition to marriage so fast? and also they were running out of time due to the apocalypse. Also i wonder in how many time loops they got married?..Anyways, can't wait to find out more on that. This drama has grown on me. Each episode gets better and better and the leads look amazing together. 

• Like 1

Please like & comments  the video

Park Shin Hye in one Sentence.....
As she mentioned

Someone_Ordinary

Imagen

img.gif

“Ordinary” means talented Hallyu goddess now

*brb updating our dictionaries*

#sisyphuskdrama #parkshinhye #theswoonstudio

cr. crÑ@theswoonnetflixhttps://instagram.com/p/CMn-P-mp20b/?igshid=1djd35stqms31

Ten Asia

Overseas reaction to 'Sisyphus' is not terrifying...

' Sisyphus' is a big love for overseas fans beyond Korea

[Ten Asia = Reporter Kim Ye-Rang] Overseas reactions from JTBC's 10th anniversary special program 'Sisyphus: the myth' (hereinafter referred to as'  Sisyphus'), which are visiting the screens of viewers all over the world on Netflix, an online video streaming service, are not terrific.

Imagen

'Cyprus' / Photo = JTBC

As of the 5th, after proving international popularity by recording Netflix's top 10 worldwide rankings (source: FlixPatrol), the screenwriters and producers of the famous American TV series sent an enthusiastic response, saying that they were addicted to 'Sisyphus's.

Producer and director Jeremy Newberger told his social media, “Sisyphus: The Myth on Netflix. That show has it. All. Action, laughs, heart, sci-fi, good acting)” and “This is the third or fourth Korean series my wife and I are hooked on.” Revealed.

Here, screenwriter Nell Scovell wrote that he was also indulged in'Syprus', saying, "I'm hooked too. Waiting for Wednesday each week."

'Sisyphus' is a fantasy mystery drama depicting the journey of genius engineer Han Tae-sul (Jo Seung-woo) and savior Kang Seo-hae (Park Shin-hye), who has taken a long and dangerous path for him, trying to uncover the existence of a hidden identity in our world.

It is gaining more and more popularity by building an original worldview. This is the reason why expectations are increasing day by day as to what new and fresh stories will provide extraordinary pleasure in the remaining 6 episodes.

Meanwhile, as the relationship between Taesul and Seohae of 'One and Only' is getting more and more severe, the existence of absolute evil sigma (byungcheol Kim) is getting closer. I raised my curiosity at the same time.

It was because Taesul implied that the day when he would choose one of'Woman and the World' was not too long. It is predicted that a fierce confrontation will occur in earnest within the endless recurrence of the'Sy Jeep's Fate'.

'Sisyphus' is broadcast on JTBC every Wednesday and Thursday at 9 pm, followed by 10:30 on Netflix.

Gimyerang reporters norang@tenasia.co.kr

naver.me/GjRG0664

n.news.naver.com/entertain/arti

Preview for episode 11

[Episode 11] His past, find him there... If you fail, you won't be able to return forever 〈Sisyphus:the myth〉

Imagen

TOP 10 IN MALAYSIA TODAY

No.1 SISYPHUS THE MYTH

Imagen