Episodes: 65

Director: 

Broadcast Period: 4/8/2019

Cast:

Wang Li Kun

Luo Jin

Deng Lun

Synopsis:

In the time of King Zhou of Shang, the Gods are mostly gone and the demons trouble the human world. The Primeval Lord of Heaven decides to use the war between the Zhou and Shang dynasties to choose a new generation of Gods to ascend the celestial realm. His sends his apprentices forth in search of righteous candidates: Jiang Zi Ya assists Ji Fa in governing his new empire Zhou dynasty, Shen Gong Bao infiltrates the Shang dynasty with Su Da Ji seducing the king to rack havoc on the world, and Yu Ding Zhen Ren helps Yang Jian, a human with a third eye, to achieve his potential. The outcome of selection lies in the fates of the humans.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Investiture of the Gods 封神演义 Raw Episodes

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

This version of Investiture of the Gods seems to focus on Yang Jian as the main character. Deng Lun’s character appears in episode 1, at first as a nice guy who says he is neither god nor demon but himself. He saves Yang Jian and his mother from soldiers sent by the King of Shang to kill them.Howerver, he shows his true colours after killing the soldiers by sucking the soul of Yang Jian mother and attempting to suck out his but Yang Jian’s power stops him.

Wowwwww Deng Lun looks so good here!!!! Is he a villain/evil character here??? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the story. I really hope it gets subbed by someone and I'll be able to watch this badass version of Deng Lun in action!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

54 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Wowwwww Deng Lun looks so good here!!!! Is he a villain/evil character here??? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the story. I really hope it gets subbed by someone and I'll be able to watch this badass version of Deng Lun in action!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Deng Lun’s character is a nine tailed fox and is the King of the Fox Demons (his poster says his name is Zi Xu). He seems to be an evil soul sucking kind of demon.

85-F223-AE-0-CA6-4757-8227-DF9-C4-BA7414

C3-B9-F439-ACF8-4610-938-E-5-EF7-AFDF222

3-CA523-AB-36-D7-466-F-A4-D5-F434-B883-A

The basic story is the King of Shang is a evil tyrant so Heaven sent down a fox demon in the form of a beautiful woman Da Ji to seduce the king and bring down his empire. Humans who have connections to the Heavenly realm and have great power have the potential to become gods.The other versions of Investiture of the Gods usually focused on Na Zha, who helped bring down the Shang dynasty and was rewarded for his efforts by becoming a god. This version focuses on Yang Jian whose mother was the Peach Blossom Fairy and was foretold to bring calamity to the world

I watched the first two episodes and I’m confused. Is this a loose adaptation? Because I don’t remember the story ever going like that, from the previous versions that I’ve watched. If Deng Lun’s character is a nine-tailed fox, then does he possess Da Ji later on?

On 4/10/2019 at 4:11 AM, therewillbeddl said:

I watched the first two episodes and I’m confused. Is this a loose adaptation? Because I don’t remember the story ever going like that, from the previous versions that I’ve watched. If Deng Lun’s character is a nine-tailed fox, then does he possess Da Ji later on?

Yes, this version seems to be a very very loose adaptation.Later on Deng Lun’s character Zi Xu and Yang Jian both develop romantic feelings towards Da Ji, so hopefully this drama doesn’t become a train wreck. This story might be a tragedy, since falling in love with the kings woman almost never ends well.

@frostflower14 Thanks for all the beautiful posters and pics and also the background info. I deeply appreciate it as I have no idea about what this show is about. Thanks a lot. "Evil soul sucking demon" WOWW I like the sound of it. Hahahahahaha. In Ashes of love, I loved his demon realm arc the most, so I'm looking forward to watch him in a similar character. Aaaaaahhhhhh this is going to be so exciting. 

PS. I can't help but giggle on how we all keep taking about Deng Lun and his character when he is not even the main lead here. Hee hee. 

4 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I like Deng Lun but I think this production looks cheap and he doesn't really look good here in terms of the styling.

I guess Deng Lun’s hair and clothes depends on which identity he takes on. So far up to (episode  3 )he’s been evil Fox Demon King and a fake aristocrat (the pic of him wearing white and green)

I think the production team didn't invest a lot of effort and money on his styling as he was still a relative unknown then (4 years ago while he was still in university) and his role was only a secondary character. Now that he's famous, they decide to give him more prominent billing.

I love Deng Lun's billing in this drama.. as if he is a lead character. He is always with the 2 leads in every poster I have seen. LOL. I skimmed through the first 4 episodes, and I don't even see him that often. But makes me so damn proud as a fan how he transitioned to a star in 4 years. 

I still want to understand this drama. Not even auto-translating the Chinese subtitles can help LOL

I got up to episode 5 of this drama,I skimmed some of it but...

Spoiler

Yang Jian grows up as the adopted son of a Marquis and is Da Ji’s adopted brother.Da Ji has feelings for Yang Jian but knows her parents would never let her marry her “brother”. Yang Jian is an arrogant rich boy until he meets a beggar who beats him at his own game.His adopted mother is aware that he has feelings for Da Ji and that he is in danger if he stays with their family. Zi Xu (Deng Lun’s character) appears again disguised as an aristocrat who has come to propose to Da Ji. It’s revealed that Da Ji might be a fox demon too, when Zi Xu summons her with his music her eyes glow green.

The King of Shang wants Da Ji to become his concubine but her father declined the offer. As punishment, the king sends his army to lay siege on their city. Yang Jian is ordered by his adopted father to stay to protect their city,but his mother drugs him and makes him leave because the king of Shang is really after him (the child foretold to bring down the Shang kingdom)

On 4/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, frostflower14 said:

I got up to episode 5 of this drama,I skimmed some of it but...

Hide contents

Yang Jian grows up as the adopted son of a Marquis and is Da Ji’s adopted brother.Da Ji has feelings for Yang Jian but knows her parents would never let her marry her “brother”. Yang Jian is an arrogant rich boy until he meets a beggar who beats him at his own game.His adopted mother is aware that he has feelings for Da Ji and that he is in danger if he stays with their family. Zi Xu (Deng Lun’s character) appears again disguised as an aristocrat who has come to propose to Da Ji. It’s revealed that Da Ji might be a fox demon too, when Zi Xu summons her with his music her eyes glow green.

The King of Shang wants Da Ji to become his concubine but her father declined the offer. As punishment, the king sends his army to lay siege on their city. Yang Jian is ordered by his adopted father to stay to protect their city,but his mother drugs him and makes him leave because the king of Shang is really after him (the child foretold to bring down the Shang kingdom)

Thanks for the summary! The one subbing in YT is still at Episode 3, if I am not mistaken. I am just waiting patiently.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, ayleenlovesyou said:

Please someone gives me a link to watch this please! Can’t watch on YouTube, they blocked my country for this video :tears:

Try DramaCool. They have the raw videos.

Archived