[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

maybe the baby is still alive, but in danger???? I mean the pregnancy is not running smooth or something?? you know the suspense used in the previews. 

Could be the preview text did not mention it?

JH think she is some type  of doormat but nope!

Poor GH bro

Its too funny that JH would get angry over SW being invited to GH's mothers house.. LOL! He went to dinner at SM's had a marriage meet all while still married. That is just his jealousy showing. Those people do not need to care about JH or his feelings since he did not think about their's. JH feels threatened by SW and I can't wait until he (or someone else) tries to spill that SW is SM's brother. That will prolly be his next step to keep SW from GH. In JH's mind GH is still his wife and even after the divorce he will still think that way. He will want no man around her and especially SW who he can see has a connection with GH. 

As for JH having a something on his hands with SM. He has no idea really. His actions and her personality are going to make a monster even more of a monster and he will have to live with it since he decided to go down that path. Its his bed let him live in it. No one told him to cheat on his wife with SM and get her supposedly pregnant. 

JH has never known his wife so that is why he keeps making the mistake of under estimating her and thinking she is a push over. GH owes JH nothing after what he did and he certainly does not get any respect. Its just comical that he thinks he can still try to dictate to his wife when his mistress keeps running up in her face. 

SW drop so much truth this episode on SM but of course she wont listen.

Also GH didnt say yes or no to JH question about rather she likes SW lol

I also like what SW said in the preview to JH about him not letting anyone get in GH way be it him or his sister.

I really like Seuko's character the most :) he is very just and fair. He respects his sister in law, and he is so kind. After him comes GH's dad, he is also so good and kind. Then GH's brother, he is so kind like his father too. GH's sister is a bit involved with herself, I don't see her interact enough with her sister, that's why I sort of feel she is a bit selfish, (I remembered her as Miran in My only one). Of course the GH/SW couple are wonderful. For me GH is one of the very few favourite female characters I watched. The actress has a kind face, and she is the best choice, her scenes with YR are so touching, I love them both together so much :) . SW is a very nice fellow, his kindness to YR from the start is so good, esp. when he defended him in the kindergarten and carried him on his back, it was so good. 

a little comic relief is by JH's mom. Although she is evil, but the actress is soooo funny :D :D :D I am imagining the hard time she will give SM :D 

Of course I dislike all the evil characters, but the worst of all is SM's mom. She is sooooooooo detestable. I hate her even more than SM. After her comes JH. He is so selfish, and he has not reason for his evil deeds. Not even his desire to have a child. The blackmailer is a bit of a good revenge on SM, I hope he teaches her a lesson one day. GH's mom is the worst, she was bad to all her children, pushing her son to study law, pushing GJ to succeed as an actress by force and bragging in front of her customers :angry: Her attitude towards YR and adoption in general is the worst. 

I wonder if the tables will turn - GH will have to fight for a divorce. Swarmy was a "tad" bit more likable today when he told SM to leave GH alone. But there is no turning back - GH will never forgive him for all the things he has done & said, especially about YR.

All this sad music & close-ups of SM being miserable doesn't move me a bit. I'm happy that SM's karma is immediate; everything she does backfires, except for destroying a marriage. I don't & won't feel sorry for her, maybe for her child but it's a drama so the child is not real so I can be as hard-hearted (or hard-headed) as I want. :unsure:

It's good that GH's mom is the way she is - I think she'll be able to handle SM's mom when the ? hits the fan. At least she'll be able to spout off rapidly (she talks so fast my ears burn, even after she shuts up).

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

, I don't see her interact enough with her sister, that's why I sort of feel she is a bit selfish,

They don't have the time for that now, before the trouble they use to meet and visit each other and so on, now that they both are busy and the sister will not go to her sister's house anymore so they only can see each other at their parent house or the salon. She cares for her sister very great deal that she threaten SM if she ever saw her again around her sister building she is going to smash her car. She just got the lead in a new drama so she leaves the house early and comeback late and GH also has a new job and YR to look after.

JH words are quite empty since  he was messing with her alot this episode continues to  trying to interfere with her work next episode.

He only cares now that maybe she is interesting in someone else and SW might be interesting in her.

So I want to start of by saying that Homewrecker probably did end up with a miscarriage atleast from the previews we can assume that. While I do know that trailers/previews can lie and that for a twist things can be shown out of context. Meaning context is very important. Let’s go by what we have been shown so far.

Homewrecker desperately calling Cheater and begging him to be with her as she needed him. If she found out that she miscarried then it would make sense that she would need some sort of consolation especially with the man she supposedly loves. Another scene we have her looking longingly at the shoes that she bought for her child. Makes sense that she misses what she can’t have and finally her argument with Cheater of how important the kid is and that he wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the kid. Of course the scenes could be lying and we can instead have the following scenario. She gets rejected when she needs him the most, has an argument with him and realizes that the kid is important to hold on to the marriage and this fully comes when she is looking at the shoes. Naturally I may be off but as of now I think that she had a miscarriage and on top of this she gets another set of bad news that due to her weak uterus she can’t have any more kids. This will be Karma for her. Meaning that even if she marries Cheater she can never have his kid.

This will likely lead her to making it seem like Geum Hui was the reason that she lost the kid so that Cheater will eventually turn against his former wife like some have speculated.

Now on to other matters

Spoiler

@nohamahamoud2002 I have a bit of a disagreement with some of the character descriptions that you have. Let’s start with Geum Ju. You called her a bit selfish and self-centered. While I may agree with the later bit she does think that she is quite pretty and all (probably is confidence on her part) so she may be a bit self-centered. But selfish is not what I would call her. She loves her family greatly As @howa already pointed out she threatened Homewrecker once she found her outside Geum Hui’s house that she would take a hammer and smash her car. Was one of the best scenes of the show. But let me add two more scenes that show her in an unselfish light. To do so let me start of with something much more recent. Remember before their mother decided to send Youreum back to the orphanage she volunteered to help raise Youreum financially. She promised to become a Top Star and then do this. Had she been selfish she wouldn’t have volunteered to do so. After all the money that she earns is her own that she has hard worked for. Meaning that if she wished she doesn’t need to spend a dime on her family. Okay perhaps some on her parents since she is still living at their place but other than that nobody else. Yet she volunteered in helping to raise her nephew. What is more this nephew isn’t even related to her by blood since he is adopted. Yet she doesn’t see it as this way. This is her sisters kid so he is family.

Then we should go to another scene which again shows her in an unselfish light. She was asked to drop of her brother for his Civil Servant exam. At this point he reveals to her that he didn’t take the exam. What does she do, does she rat him out to her parents? No instead she agrees to cover for him atleast for this year but insists that he takes it the next year considering how much their mother wants him to take it. She even tries to come up with an excuse why he couldn’t take it using a fake cast showing that he got into an accident. That backfires big time thanks to Leech but one can’t blame her for that now can they. On top of this when the mother finds out about the accident the first thing that she does is start blaming her for not being responsible and careful enough etc.. (if one remembers the accident wasn’t even her fault). If she was selfish she could have still revealed the fact that her brother hadn’t taken the exam especially to reduce the heat on herself. Yet she protected her brothers secret. This is what she does and is like. She protects her family no matter what and this in my opinion makes her unselfish.

Then I noticed how you pointed out in your character descriptions that their mother was the worst character. Even worse than Homewrecker and her mother. (atleast you put Homewreckers mother at the top of the list) Some of the reasons that you stated for your choice was how she wanted her son to be a civil servant (lawyer) and how she was bragging about her daughter getting a role in a drama etc.. Valid points but let’s start with the later. I want you to name one parent that doesn’t like to brag about their kids and how successful they are. Sure you will find some like that who probably come from a broken family where a parent may be abusive or something like that but we are speaking of the general majority. In this case it makes sense that they talk proudly of their kids etc. so bragging that her daughter got a major role especially after all the hard work she put in is okay. As for her wanting her to be a Civil Servant again nothing wrong with that as well. I hate to be like a broken record but in my opinion she is way better than all the three mothers that we have been introduced so far. The reason that she wanted her son to get that job was because it would have paid him well, allowed him to get better marriage prospects and would have hopefully kept him happy etc.. in short she was thinking about his happiness.

Now let us compare the other two mothers and why she is still better than them. Sure Leech wants her son to have a good life but for her she tries to see what she can gain out of this. A rich DiL means that she can live comfortably, have a house under her name etc.. Her son’s happiness is second no matter what she says and what is worse she is ready to break up a family to get what she wants.

Homewrecker’s mother only cares about appearances and to an extent about her daughter’s feelings. She will rush the wedding just so that people don’t find out that her daughter was in a relationship before marriage or that she was having an affair. If she truly cared about her daughter she would do her best to have her break of the relationship. Perhaps send her of to the Land Of Exile or something to that extent. It might not have worked since Homewrecker is an adult meaning she could simply return back but there were options that the mother refused to take. To some extent she does care about her daughter just not enough. I am sure she gains something out of it I just can’t put my finger on it at the moment.

Finally let’s look at Geum Hui’s mother once again. She does things or wants something for her family but what does she gain out of it nothing much. If her family is doing well and are happy that is more than enough for her. Good jobs mean that they get paid well meaning that they can live comfortably. It’s not like she gets any of their pay unless they want to do so willingly. Better pay also allows they to get better marriage prospects which will also be good for their later part in life when they start a family of their own. If they don’t get paid well then they will have a slightly harder life and she doesn’t want them to suffer. Even when she was against Youreum being a part of the family it was because she knew that her daughter would suffer and people would point fingers at her that she tried to send him back to the orphanage, she didn’t want Geumhui to marry Cheater in the first place because she didn’t want Geumhui to suffer by facing hardships looking after her FiL. On top of all this she is willing to be blamed as the villain and that is okay with her as long as her family stay happy. So in my opinion atleast she isn’t the worst character infact she is even better than the other two mothers as well.

As for the actress I don’t have anything personally. Someone mentioned how fast she talks. To be honest I don’t pay much attention to that since I am slightly more busy reading the subs. Though whenever I see her I am reminded of the first time that I saw her and how she really got into her role. The drama was My Daughter Seyoung and I think that she was the male leads mother. in it there was this one scene when she slaps the family secretary really hard when she discovers that she had been raising her kid all this time (meaning that was the woman that had an affair with her husband) I think that they assumed that the kid had just been abandoned at their doorstep. Anyway getting back to point that slap turned out to be real. Showing just how immersed she was in her role that she forgot for a second that she was supposed to be acting. She had to apologize to the other actress and even took her out for the meal. Pretty sure that scene is going to be associated in my mind for a long time whenever I watch her.

People have brought up the fact of how Cheater likes to point out to Geum Hui that he is still her husband legally and she is still his wife. They guy does have a point they are still legally married until their divorce is finalized. Plus, if Geum Hui can make requests that he needs to follow he probably assumes that he has the same rights. To an extent he isn’t wrong but if he wants to keep those rights he needs to make reasonable requests. For instance, Geum Hui doesn’t want to spend nights outside before the divorce because she doesn’t want people to talk and thus her chance of adopting goes down. So in her case her request is reasonable. On the other hand, his requests seem semi reasonable but they are far from it.

For instance, him telling her to not do any part time jobs before marriage or to quit some of them are extremely unreasonable. Sure he can pay for her before the divorce and she will be okay but if she starts looking for a job after said divorce she is going to have a harder time. Had she been single this wouldn’t have been much of an issue but now she has to look after a kid as well. Meaning his needs come first. If she starts a job now she can start saving up for later for the kid and also herself. He doesn’t have much say in this matter. On the other hand, if he is really concerned for her wellbeing he should probably find her a job. Something that Sang Won did better than him. Him asking her to quit her job at Sang Won’s makes little to no sense to me. He thinks that people will talk and get the wrong idea. Really how will that happen. From what I can tell he doesn’t really know many people due to being a workaholic. The people who he does know are his patients who probably don’t even know what his wife looks like and how many of them even know that he is married. So no talk from his end. Some might talk about Geum Hui since she works in the same building as her mother but I doubt anyone will jump to the conclusion that she is cheating on her husband. They probably might assume that the family is going through a hard time and thus the wife needs to work but cheating seriously. I have no idea what is even going in his head or why he is even wondering if she has feelings for Sang Won. This guy needs a life of his soon.

I actually enjoyed the scene at the restaurant and what happened with Homewrecker. Being left all alone at that table while waiting for Cheater to return who never did. But what was even better for me was how her plan backfired. Why does anyone think that she agreed to sit at a table and be served by Geum Hui of all people instead of making a scene (One did happen anyway but not what she was expecting). She was expecting Geum Hui to see that she was having a great time with Cheater and that they were madly in love and really happy. Perhaps even get Geum Hui jealous and heart broken. Instead she gets Cheater not only more ticked of at Geum Hui but also showing more concern towards her instead of focusing on themselves.

Do you know the sad part about this show? Almost everyone knows or realizes that Geum Hui and Cheater are over and the fact that Cheater and Homewrecker are wrong for each other apart from those two themselves.

A lot of people already point out to them that Homewrecker looks sad especially when she is supposed to get married (one of the happiest moments in a person’s life) and not only that but she seems to be getting into more arguments already with her husband to be. A clear sign that they need to put a brake on this relationship because if they have fights now what will they do when they get married. On top of it all it will be much worse because right now they can go to their respective homes and cool down. But that option will go out of the window once they marry since they will have to still see each other 24/7. Well knowing Homewrecker, she may decide to go out and spend a night with the blackmailer. Note this will only serve to cause more tension between her and Cheater. (for staying the night out since he won’t be aware that she is having an affair). Once that comes out will be a totally different story. Even her dad told Cheater that if he was considering marrying his daughter because she was pregnant with Cheater’s kid then he should reconsider especially if he didn’t love her. Not to forget the Aunts keen observations as well. For instance, if the kid is the issue more than enough people have suggested taking care of it so that those two don’t end up marrying each other and become unhappy.

But these two only see the poor future kid as a bargaining chip and what they can gain out of it. For Homewrecker it is a chance at revenge and for Cheater it is a way to finally climb up the social ladder. They say that practice makes perfect and had he perhaps been a better father I might have had hopes that he could have been a good one to his future kid. But like I said the guy prioritizes on his work first and foremost which is an issue. So I doubt that even if the kid was born he would have time to raise him properly. Something that I suspect that Homewrecker is expecting. More time with him even if it is just with the kid. They say that Evil Can’t Comprehend Good. This can be applied over here. It was Geum Hui’s love for her husband that she managed to overlook a lot of these issues in her husband but this isn’t something that Sang Mi has. She doesn’t have the patience to look after an ill father. She would have probably hired a caretaker instead of personally taking care of him. Infact one can even see this as a sacrifice that Geum Hui made for Cheater for him to get where he is today. If it wasn’t for this fact, he never would have become a successful doctor. Homewrecker can at most pay for his career but that’s about it. Not to mention she will now have to take care of her new MiL. Again she has no patience for that. Geum Hui on the other hand was the reason why his mother is even back in her son’s life yet look how ungrateful she turned out to be. The son wanted nothing to do with his mother yet Geum Hui persuaded him to take her back and all. She repaid this by backstabbing Geum Hui and her family. Sang Mi would have probably paid her to get lost (if they weren’t married) again showing the difference between the two women.

Finally, I want to bring up Geum Hui’s brother and his rejection from his future girlfriend. To be honest I don’t blame her for rejecting him at this point and no it has nothing to do with his job. I suspect that she has two reasons for doing it now. Firstly, she just broke up from a long term relationship especially where she was the one in love. She needs to mend her broken heart so getting into another relationship is too soon for her. Especially considering the fact that her first love also happened to be a close friend as well. She probably wants to avoid making the same mistake again and lose the only good and supportive friend that she currently has. Secondly she probably feels guilty that she can’t reciprocate his feelings for her. He has been there for her but she can’t and it isn’t right of her to force herself to feel the same way just to make him feel good. This would probably lead to her unhappiness down the line. It isn’t like she doesn’t know that he is a great guy but simply like I said that she isn’t ready to move on. The ball is now in her court since she has become aware of his feelings towards her and when she is ready to move on she can come back to him or look for someone else. But the more time they spend as friends will only help them get closer. Prior to this she probably didn’t spend all that time with him due to her being in a relationship of her own but that is about to change hopefully.

@laurtato If what I am getting you are asking about the show on the official KBS World youtube channel then you are unfortunately out of luck. That. is always a week behind from what is being aired in Korea. I think that they only keep up to date with the weekend drama in this case being Mother Of Mine (if I am not mistaken.) been ages since I have been on youtube itself. If you are searching for this on any other official site Viki might be it but I wouldn't be sure of that since I have never used it personally due to it being blocked in my region. Does anyone even know which regions it even works out of curiosity. There is another site but since I am unsure of wheter or not it is legal I won't disclose it. as for where I watch the show I will shortly PM you the link since as far I gather that isn't against the rules over here.

Anyway I think that this covers most of my points so I will leave it at that. So till next time keep posting since I look forward to reading them and take care all of you. :D

31 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Does look like she lost the baby? she drinking wine

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,58,795364

The preview text mention something hiding somehtign until marriage as well.

it means she hides the abortion 유산 

Translate 유산 

noun
  1. 1. legacy

2. 2. abortion

경애(문희경 분)에게 결혼 전까지 유산 사실을 숨기겠다고  한다. 

Gyeong Ae (Moon Hee-kyung) will hide her legacy until marriage. (google translate) 

Gyeong Ae is Sanmgi's mom so I looked up the word 유산, and found out it means abortion too

20 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@dramaninja I think it is SM's mom who will hide the abortion until the marriage, look at my above post, I tried to understand the preview. Google translate is mostly good except for one word :)  유산  (google used the word "legacy" while it can mean "abortion" too 

Hmm I have no idea lol guess we have to wait for subs!

Archived