[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

So many of my favorite supporting actors/bit players are in this drama, based on the table reading. Definitely got me more excited.

Also, this was a really cute interaction lmao. Lee Jihoon whispered that Eunwoo was handsome to Sekyung and she passed the message along, how kind of her. :D

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, jongski said:

Woooh! I se someone I like cast in this drma. I see Seo Young Joo. @spark101 you know what his character's going to be?  I  always watch his dramas cos he'a good young actor.  I'm not a fan of the main leads though. 

Not sure- I think I read somewhere he's going to be a scholar or something? It's just a cameo though. 

I like shin se kyung in sageuks (but again, those have written by the same hitmaking kim/park duo) and I'm personally a fan of cha eunwoo, so I can't give an objective assessment of the leads, haha. The writer's previous work was solomon's perjury, which is a very different vibe from what this drama appears to be, so maybe we can look forward to some surprisingly deep/serious motifs here. 

ETA: pictures from Singles: 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003177668

21 hours ago, amiliyana90......... said:

Is there any update on how much episodes this drama will be? Will it be the usual 16 episodes (32 episodes with the new 2 episodes per day format)?

I'm pretty sure it's 32 episodes (aka 16 but broken up). I just can't find where I first saw it now.

Teasers!

I thought it was really fun and clever how they had the titles of mbc's past sageuks crossed out in the first teaser. This looks good. I'm usually into more serious sageuks (hardcore recommend haechi for those who haven't seen it!), but now I'm just watching out for any sageuk. Such a sucker for this genre.  

Also want to add that cha eunwoo is smart for picking dramas where the girl is the titular/central character. Realistically, you have to grab lead role opportunities while you have them, but this way the focus on the actress while he establishes leading-actor status without having to "carry" dramas before he's ready. 

12 hours ago, spark101 said:

I thought it was really fun and clever how they had the titles of mbc's past sageuks crossed out in the first teaser. This looks good. I'm usually into more serious sageuks (hardcore recommend haechi for those who haven't seen it!), but now I'm just watching out for any sageuk. Such a sucker for this genre.  

I didn't realize that! How adorable. I really liked the vibe of both teasers, definitely gave me a Sungkyunkwan Scandal or Moonlight Drawn By Clouds feel (but with no gender-bending ofc). 

12 hours ago, spark101 said:

Also want to add that cha eunwoo is smart for picking dramas where the girl is the titular/central character. Realistically, you have to grab lead role opportunities while you have them, but this way the focus on the actress while he establishes leading-actor status without having to "carry" dramas before he's ready. 

Totally agree. I like it for me because I prefer dramas that are carried by the ladies, and I especially like that both MIIGB and Rookie Historian are overtly feminist, but it's also good for him to learn from senior actors while still winning hearts in the romantic role.

Some more stills:

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령 - Wed & Thu 21:00 KST - Premieres in July

So glad to finally see the teasers on Youtube!

Soompi posted about the relationship between the prince and the eunuch, which sounds really cute:

In the latest stills, Lee Rim is with his eunuch Sambo (played by Sung Ji Roo), who always puts Lee Rim first no matter the situation. Sambo is also the No. 1 fan of Lee Rim’s novels. He helps Lee Rim, who’s never dated, by sharing juicy palace gossip and love advice, and is also the first to give Lee Rim honest feedback about his stories. He’s an eager friend and caretaker, crying over one of Lee Rim’s novels and fussing over a scraped knee, and viewers can look forward to their heartwarming dynamic.

And more stills:

Spoiler

astro-cha-eun-woo-sung-ji-roo-rookie-his

astro-cha-eun-woo-sung-ji-roo-rookie-his

sung-ji-roo-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryu

4 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Can anyone translate what Park Ji Yeon's poster says?

"I didn't want to live like a flower."

*edit: her name is park ji hyun, not ji yeon. There's another actress with a similar name, whoops, lol.

Archived