[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cast update: Lee Seung Hyo will also be in the drama! Seeing as he uploaded his first shooting picture just recently, he must be a character appearing later in the drama. For those unfamiliar with him, he was Alcheon in Queen Seon Duk and also Yi bang woo in Six Flying Dragons. 

The Swoon (Netflix's Kdrama channel on Youtube) will be interviewing Eunwoo, Sekyung and Kiwoong on the 11th! They also have several teasers subbed, and I'm liking their translations even more than the ones on the Netflix page lol.

Another little preview for the show thanks to MBC's vlive. Feels like they're going all out with the promotion, we'll see...

https://www.vlive.tv/video/139687

Eunwoo and Sekyung will also be on a radio show at noon KST on the 17th (as well as having the press conference the same day and a vlive q&a an hour before the premiere):

Last but not least, Henry Lau is confirmed as having recorded the first OST for the show. It's from Lee Irim's perspective:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령 - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령 - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST

The first episode got me hooked; not gonna lie. It has that addicting element of hit fluff sageuks- mostly unserious/light tone, lots of pretty, engaging yet unstressful plot in a romantic historical background. I didn't really feel like cha eunwoo's acting was particularly bad like netizens have been saying. It went with the lighthearted, comedic tone of the first episode. Not sure what knetz were expecting. Not going to pretend I'm objective though; I'm weirdly biased when it comes to cha eunwoo. He's the most pretty-handsome dude I've seen since won bin and kang dong won's generation(who, funny enough, were also pretty terrible actors in their early days- it's not a new concept in korea to cast people for their face, people. LOL.)

Park ki woong and lee ji hoon are awesome, obviously. 

1 hour ago, spark101 said:

The first episode got me hooked; not gonna lie. It has that addicting element of hit fluff sageuks- mostly unserious/light tone, lots of pretty, engaging yet unstressful plot in a romantic historical background. I didn't really feel like cha eunwoo's acting was particularly bad like netizens have been saying. It went with the lighthearted, comedic tone of the first episode. Not sure what knetz were expecting.

I totally agree with you! Am I biased too much or what? I really enjoy the comedic tone that cha eunwoo delivered! Did knetz expect a traditional serious historic drama?

Beautiful Sageuk Drama for this summer, really loves their clothes!. That Astro pretty boy prince gives me nose bleed right after few minutes of watching him. His face really like a Manhwa character, perfect. :wub:  I feel sorry that the King banned his books, it's only romance novel not "mature" novel.

Nice to see Park Ki Woong with beard as a crown prince, so unrecognizable, he's so serious - I used to see PKW as a smiley happy jolly young chaebol. Here, I can see PKW only when LeeJin jokes around his brother LR, lol.

Somehow I wish that the GooHaeRyung husband to be (The one that propose her) was Librarian Min. But he's not ... Min is cute too :D

Archived