[OFFICIAL] ♥Lee Dong Wook♥ Yoo In Na ♥ Pichi Couple/Ointment Couple

Yoo In Na

So there will be a loveline according this article. Could this be for Kim Bum or is that unrealistic? Would make way more sense for Lee Rang being angsty and lonely. (Also these headlines are all worded with such bad optics for Jo Bo Ah, costs nothing to be a little more graceful dang)

Spoiler

Why was the first love reincarnated such a big deal if Lee Yeon's had other lovers in between? Why would he ghost his brother then? :confused: My brain hurts lol

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/production-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-seasons-2-and-3-confirmed-but-with-a-different-female-lead-actress

@Almondcroissant Sigh we wouldn't need to daydream if not for these weird traditions right? That's how it works everywhere else no? 

Edited by dramachaserxoxo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@dramachaserxoxo so JTBC is taking over from TVN to do season 2? Someone on twitter asked why JTBC was releasing the news instead of TVN and later TVN came out to clarify that they were still in talks, nothing confirmed about the cast etc but they did say it would be 16 ep with the same director. So it sounds like it is confirmed just that they don't want to release specifics yet. There were also calls from fans to let KB be the main character and focus on his back story but I think if they do that LDW fans would be up in arms.

Yes agree, surely some viewers could be more gracious about their comments about the FL. I don't think I have come across any other country that has this weird tradition about 2nd, 3rd team ups. Dare we hope things will gradually change in SK?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting find! Although I hope it's still TVN... TOTNT S1 had second lead syndrome IMO. Why give Lee Rang such a sympathetic backstory at the same time 

Spoiler

have him murder a bunch of innocents so he had to die by the end? Hopefully they get a new writer too lol

Yes I dare hope. Economically it makes little sense. I've read arguments it typecasts the actors but audiences are smarter than that. Hopefully as foreign giants eg Netflix and Chinese players wield more their influence / more of their $$ around lol, these non-sensical rules weaken. Yeah I've never seen PR statements written like this, don't they usually say "X had a scheduling / personal conflict and will not be joining?" Reminds me of that awful journo to YIN/LDW in the TYH press conference, like unnecessarily harsh

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Ok practically speaking and we know investors in dramas think very realistically in dollars and cents; they would need a pairing that will work and draw in viewers. What better than a tried and true formula that has already been proven to work and which audiences already love and go crazy for? Going by the international love for TYH and especially in mainland China, what if season 2 investors are from China where pockets are deep and they insist on a Pichi pairing again? They not gonna care about the weird tradition of not doing second or third tie ups. Those who sink the money into the production call the shots. Allow me to day dream on this lol. 

Yes, yes, it sound very reasonable. Really seeing the news I thought it was strange to do a season 2 and 3 when the rating of the first one was not good. With your reasoning it's much better understood.
Therefore I'll join your day dream on this.. :doggie::blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Lunitaagree, with a rating of less than 6% it's odd that they want a S2 and even a S3. Unless there are some very determined backers who want to invest heavily. I do have a fear that Pichi might not want to act together again for fear of not being able to shake off viewers' attachment to them to the extent that they (viewers) can't see/accept LDW/YIN with other acting partners. Someone said earlier that LDW/YIN had to shake off the Pichi label and hence did TOTNT and TSWLM to show that they can have chemistry with other partners. 

But the abundance of Apeach gives me a tiny bit of hope. The more I think about the Apeach, the more I think it was very in your face and out of character. It was strange given that Pichi has been so careful not to show any connection with each other these past 2 years. Even die hard LDW fans who don't ship him noticed all that Apeach and commented on it. And also as @dramachaserxoxosaid, Netflix is becoming a powerhouse and I don't think they will stand by old fashioned traditions especially as they have financial backers outside of SK. Let's keep our fingers crossed that things will change. 

Edited by Almondcroissant
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

with a rating of less than 6% it's odd that they want a S2 and even a S3. Unless there are some very determined backers who want to invest heavily. I do have a fear that Pichi might not want to act together again for fear of not being able to shake off viewers' attachment to them to the extent that they (viewers) can't see/accept LDW/YIN with other acting partners. Someone said earlier that LDW/YIN had to shake off the Pichi label and hence did TOTNT and TSWLM to show that they can have chemistry with other partners.

Could that 'very determined backers who want to invest heavily', be Netflix competition like an ambitiuos chinese Company??  Idk anything about this, I'm curious.

About "pichi" , it has happened already, that image of amazing chemistry cannot be taken away from a lot of viewers. And they gave it a try, but it didn't get so well I think.

So if the issue is money, maybe the best will be Yin. ?  Fans who don't ship them will watch it bcs LDW, and fans that like Pichi will watch it too. Bingo! checkmate!  haha       :blush:

ps: I heard that when you get married you will seriously never be together again in a film, that's should be 100% sure. ?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Is 6% is bad ratings for TVN? I wish Nielsen Korea or whoever would include streaming viewership #s. I've been seeing more dramas just not get great live ratings because younger people mostly stream. e.g., KGE's Yumis Cells (which I've been meaning to catch up on) has 2% ratings but I'm guessing most of its views probably come from streaming. Maybe TOTNT similarly had strong streaming numbers on Viki/Vue/iQiyi. It also could have made a lot of money with distribution deals in APAC/LatAm.

It also seems pretty budget friendly to film lol. Just speculating but something like Crash Landing on You would have been insanely expensive to make. In Goblin they built a life-sized model of a ship lol, and did crazy stuff like import Reaper's massive chandelier from New York. In contrast, TOTNT -- iirc -- was mostly indoor, apartment sets except that forest and a handful of other scenes. And it seems like they filmed in an actual forest for that scene lol

@Lunita Yes I've heard that too. That K-celeb couples who are together publicly will never act opposite each other. And apparently studios won't cast two leads if they are dating secretly, so any actors cast are more likely than not to be NOT dating in real life. Again, here, I don't get why - wouldn't the chemistry be great if it's a romcom? I guess there must be a reason but I can't think of it. Lol truly the more I find out about k-entertainment the more fascinated and baffled I am lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

From what I know 6% is quite decent for cable. And yes the numbers are not an accurate depiction because a lot of people watch at a later time rather than at the hour that it airs. This was what happened with TYH too. 

Yes apparently once you’re married or outed to be dating, the couple can never be in the same drama again as a couple. That’s why some binjin fans were upset when their relationship was disclosed cos they would never see the pair on screen again. Weird again but there it is. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Almondcroissant said:

From what I know 6% is quite decent for cable. And yes the numbers are not an accurate depiction because a lot of people watch at a later time rather than at the hour that it airs. This was what happened with TYH too. 

Yes apparently once you’re married or outed to be dating, the couple can never be in the same drama again as a couple. That’s why some binjin fans were upset when their relationship was disclosed cos they would never see the pair on screen again. Weird again but there it is. 

True with current competition totnt rating is good enough for cable tv.. but not so wow either.. but it's very well accepted by international fans.. in few countries totnt were constantly in top 3 for few weeks in netflix chart, and what most obvious is the effect of totnt in ldw's follower from, cmmiw, 6m to 11.3m?..Netflix's reach is really crazy, current dramas if they went to netflix, no need to worry about national rating anymore..and that's why i think what makes them push to season 2 and 3.. clinching more money while ldw is still hot

I think i read somewhere that if you're in a relationship and working together it can be considered as not professional.. but who knows i think k ent are more open now, we'll see

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Let us support Yoo In Na in her movie that was listed in the 26th Busan International Film Festival 2021  that will be held on October 7 to Oct. 8 at Lotte Cinema Centum..... 

-----------------------------

• Like 5

14 hours ago, RollyPenny said:

True with current competition totnt rating is good enough for cable tv.. but not so wow either.. but it's very well accepted by international fans.. in few countries totnt were constantly in top 3 for few weeks in netflix chart, and what most obvious is the effect of totnt in ldw's follower from, cmmiw, 6m to 11.3m?..Netflix's reach is really crazy, current dramas if they went to netflix, no need to worry about national rating anymore..and that's why i think what makes them push to season 2 and 3.. clinching more money while ldw is still hot

Ah thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense. So the drama probably made a lot of money from the distribution deals in various countries with Netflix. Perhaps domestic ratings don't matter as much as they do in other countries since you can't air that many commercials in Korea anyway. I don't know how true but it definitely seems like TOTNT would be a lot more profitable since most scenes take place in an apartment or in a car, unlike something like Arthdal Chronicles

EDIT: wow Arthdal had a budget of 54B won ($45 million USD)... But similar ratings as TOTNT domestically

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dramachaserxoxo said:

Chingus, a question for you -- what's the most common usage in spoken Korean for referring to "the other person" or "to someone"? Trying to figure out if this word usage I'm hearing from LDW's vlive is suspcious... Comme ca mida!! 

According to Naver dictionary a certain person or Mr so and so is “ottoen saram”. Someone or others as a noun is “tain” or “ta”. What’s suspicious? Please share!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Oooh interesting thanks @Almondcroissant!! I have no idea if this is actually something to get excited about, but my delulu alarm went off in that internet slang segment. LDW kept referring to the "other person" as "상대방" sangdaebang. To my untrained ear, it sounded like he was endlessly repeating YIN's show Sundabang, 선다방 (seondabang). Even the Hangul characters look very similar lol. 상대방 also directly translates to opponent. Even though I've heard this before a couple of times, this doesn't feel like the most common usage to refer to "the other person"/someone... If it was, it probably should have several translations instead of just opponent right? 

It's at the "completely my style" slang. He immediately asks: "can I tell someone 'you're completely my style' and then they can say 'you're completely style too'?" Sounds like something you'd only say to someone you're dating. Then he asks could I stop someone on the street and tell them "you're completely my style. Could I get your number... Could we get a tea?" The tea part was odd as my mind was on Sundabang / blind date cafe lol (plus didn't he say he had never gone on a date in a coffee shop in Goblin?). And the stopping someone on the street I mean... I can 100% accept that LDW is actually single, but there is ZERO chance in my mind that a Korean celebrity would EVER stop an attractive woman on the street and ask for their number on the spot lol. Just so incredibly risky and it's not like he doesn't meet attractive people through his work anyway. So I am thinking like that comment was probably a red herring? Like the Kakao comment regarding all the Apeaches :rubchin:

EDIT: according to himself in ROomates LDW wanted to be a Korean literature teacher if he wasn't an actor so seems like he'd be very into wordplay like this

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@dramachaserxoxo One thing for sure is he is appreciative of the written word given his love for literature. In his vlives in 2017 he would always write out a passage and read it to fans and they were all swoon worthy and written from the heart. Which is why we both were so sure the jinsim in SOH had a special meaning right? I am still about 70% sure it is a code name for YIN and even GY was onto it, given that he picked up the word when they played Old Song in the car.

Perhaps YIN was watching SOH each time it aired like the rest of us and he wanted to send her a secret message with the use of jinsim (like the wink and live show in TYH) and she was also tuning in to his vlive so he sent her a coded message (perhaps something like "dear love counsellor, shall we have a drink together because you are totally my type?!"). I mean it is a fun thing to do isn’t it if you are secretly dating? 

EDIT: the subs for this part came out. Now it sounds like an innocent example that he gave after all lol.  Any thoughts anyone?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZntN2phUF/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Ahaha I think you're right, innocent example. Sigh Korean is SUCH a difficult language, being so phonetically based and having so many homonyms... I found out that the word for apple is the same as *apologize*... Not just sounds the same, written the same too lol, like how. I cannot think of another modern language that has the same words for such different things. 

The Jinsims - though - I am pretty sure you're right on that. I feel 90% certain (or maybe I am just a high % of delulu lmao). Like you said before, this man seems highly deliberate in everything he puts out there, especially in front of a camera. To me he seems to delight in knowing how things work in his industry better than most and showing that off. Maybe not with this "opponent" thing but I do believe generally in life where there's smoke, there's fire 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

@dramachaserxoxonever mind, we’re simply honing our detective skills and sometimes we’re right and sometimes not. I like your optimism too! Yes agree he knows the industry very well and how to play to it, not necessarily in a devious way but in a way to protect himself, his privacy and those important to him (that’s why I take those claims of being single with a pinch of salt). But because he’s a big baby and has an innate honesty I think sometimes he lets on more than he realizes. Or he lets on because there’s also a playful cheeky devilish streak in him. Besides people can speculate all they like but if he doesn’t admit to anything, it just remains rumor and speculation (borrowing this last point from someone from this thread who mentioned it some time ago). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Almondcroissant 100% agreed. Can't get them all! I think you're right - potentially in a mischievous way too.. Dude knows exactly what's he doing, but of course an inordinate volume of references is never proof. No I don't believe his own claims of being single either lol. Does any celeb ever admit to it when they are just asked, without pap pictures taken or a pregnancy etc?  He's also said things like he exercises 2-3 hours every day... One, that's terrible for the body unless a professional athlete and two, if he actually did that for even just a month he'd look like Kim Jong kook lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@dramachaserxoxolol why even the need to say that he exercises 2-3 hours daily when it is questionable? Perhaps the time includes hanging around and chatting with his trainer who is his good friend, or with other celebs. He did say he went to the gym with KB. And I can’t figure out if he was joking or not when he said Hawaiian pizza tastes like Hawaiian pizza and combo pizza tastes like combo pizza. He said it with such a dead pan face that I’m not sure that’s the best he could do in a mukbang or he really was pulling our leg. This guy is hard to fathom sometimes lol. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1