[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

larus

6 hours ago, 87yua . said:

Do you think there will be another leading lady for ysy? I guess han yeri is for jjs and ysy leading , stillsearching.. hahaha

Not only they will fight in different battles but they will love the same woman? Damn, these dramas! :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, larus said:

Not only they will fight in different battles but they will love the same woman? Damn, these dramas! :D

I am not sure we will see much romance in this drama. The writer is male.  And from the initial synopsis and just his background I think the emphasis will be the brothers.  I always find romance during civil unrest and war very unrealistic.  There are bigger things at play.  Lives are in danger.  People are starving/dying.  Real men forsake family and love for the one and choose the love of the many because they are chasing a loftier ideal. If the writer is what I think he is like then he will recognise this and really downplay any romance at all.  Maybe when everything settles down in the finale and there is resolution...but unlikely anywhere in between.  That's just pure speculation on my part of course.  The 2 male actors have enough acting chops to give us angst and fire without the need for romantic dalliances to sweeten the deal.  Han YeRi doesn't sound like someone who is a wallflower either.  So she doesn't 'need' a man in her life. She sounds self reliant and self sufficient from the character description.  So I will be perfectly content to see the scenario played out with little or no romance and just the weighty substance of the history and the different ideologies that have shaped the Korea we see today.

Thus far no further news on any other significant females.  Only a supporting actor has been named. So I think these 3 main leads will be where the story revolves around as history is played out. 

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am not sure we will see much romance in this drama. The writer is male.  And from the initial synopsis and just his background I think the emphasis will be the brothers.  I always find romance during civil unrest and war very unrealistic.  There are bigger things at play.  Lives are in danger.  People are starving/dying.  Real men forsake family and love for the one and choose the love of the many because they are chasing a loftier ideal. If the writer is what I think he is like then he will recognise this and really downplay any romance at all.

I agree that there will not be much romance in this drama but having a love story as a subplot is not a bad thing. I disagree that people can not find love in war zone, they do. I am not talking about a typical romance but there will be human conection. Even with all the mysery around, two people can connect emotionally. Our heroine is a strong woman and she doesn`t need a man in her life but she can feel love. Love is everywhere, even in a concern of a friend.

Maybe I won`t expect romance but I want to see human connection, a comradery , love for the siblings, friendship and why not a growing feeling between two adults who are not searching for love in that particulary moment.

15 minutes ago, larus said:

Maybe I won`t expect romance but I want to see human connection, a comradery , love for the siblings, friendship and why not a growing feeling between two adults who are not searching for love in that particulary moment

Agreed. We'll see what the writer has in store for us. I have yet to watch any of his previous works (which were apparently also very weighty dramas with lots of history).  That may give us a clue as to how he would intertwine their fates against the backdrop of history. 

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Park Hyuk-kwon and Min Sung-wook Join "Mung Bean Flower"

by Vasia Orion on 2019/01/16 at 17:02 PST

photo1030188.jpg

After confirming Jo Jung-suk, Han Ye-ri and Yoon Si-yoon, upcoming historical drama "Mung Bean Flower" has added Park Hyuk-kwon and Min Sung-wook to its cast. The two actors play important characters on the sides of the ruling faction, and the peasant movement.

Park Hyuk-kwon is Baek Ga, the infamous official we've been reading so much about. This makes him the father of Baek Yi-kang (Jo Jung-suk), whose mother is a maid Baek Ga raped, and Baek Yi-hyeon (Yoon Si-yoon). Baek Ga is greedy for reputation, because he has a complex about his low birth.

Min Sung-wook plays Choi Kyeong-seon, the commander of the vanguard unit of the rebel army that Baek Yi-kang is allied with, and an important character in the story. Kyeong-seon's innate strength, his courage, and energetic and optimistic personality earn him the respect of his troops.

more

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-park-hyuk-kwon-and-min-sung-wook-join-mung-bean-flower-125804.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 5:30 AM, nrllee said:

O look!  WooJoo's dad Prof Hwang is on the MBF wagon

I thought at first that I was in the wrong thread. I announced a couple of days ago that he joined the upcoming drama Dr. Prisoner. :D

I am glad Kim Sang Ho joined as well.

An article about Han ye Ri

Han Ye Ri will reunite with PD Shin Kyung Soo after 3 years since the drama Six Flying Dragons.

1VF57G92WQ_1.jpg

Han ye Ri is appearing as an iron woman, Song ja-in, who is living a fateful life on SBS's new drama, "Mung Bean Flower".   HanYe-ri depicted characters in unique genres in various genres of work. It is hoping that Han ye ri will show another solid performance in this new drama. 

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VF57G92WQ

9 hours ago, Dalhias_YSY said:

Is this true? Will it be aired on May? 

Some sources say that it will air on April 26, after drama The Fiery Priest, on Fridays and Saturdays. If it will air in May (a week later) is close enough. I will announce when we have an official date.

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/02/07/94851/

Archived