[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

I just "walked" down this forum's memory lane. I was a bit shocked to realize that I started participating here on page 11, which was early last year -- and here we are now, on page 140! To think that this forum only has 13 followers -- we sure are a chatty bunch with unlimited topics, aren't we? :joy: We even once speculated about which school he would go to after graduating!

Thanks for the warm welcome when I first arrived here, and big love to you all -- thanks for keeping the environment healthy for all of us to talk, gush over, share things, or even rant about this young man. (And some times about other actors too, LOL.) Here's to more happy discussions on Arthur (or drooling, since he's technically legal haha) and his upcoming projects! *cheers*

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

A bonus for those who cannot understand Mandarin Chinese since I was interested in his view about Lu Ping character and your :heart: for Arthur CFY.  Also thanks to @tothestars for providing the interview clips, LOA bts, etc.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:00 PM, tothestars said:

Arthur CFY's Interview translation

CFY likes the character name, Lu Ping which gave him good impression. (I didn't translate the meaning of the name as it's too poetic.) :P

Lu Ping is a red blooded character.  A character that is quite different from his.  First impression is that LP has lazy attitude like mud type character boy but in actual fact he is helping everyone secretly.  Later on LP's personality will gradually mature.

He felt that the script was very well written and the effect is different from the normal wuxia usually seen so he likes that very much.

In action scenes he finds that one can find ways to act out the fight scene but to act still need getting used to as it's highly demanding for example after doing somersaults in the air then once back to the ground still has to continue to fight, etc.

He has to lose weight for this role to about 15 pounds.  Also to immerse himself and understand the character better he read through the script twice.  He finds it tough acting in this drama.

He shares food and make cakes and jokingly said to show he's more slim but more so for himself to eat but sometimes after filming he has no appetite to eat.  When his fellow actors (including both genders) commented if pretentiously that his food was very tasty the more he will cook for them said with a mischievous tone.

While filming at sites, he went to many beautiful places like Yinchuan and Xinjiang.  The natural surrounding could help actors to immerse themselves into their role and replied that he found that the land of China is really huge.

When shooting the water scene at Hengdian, the temperature was really cold below 0 degree and spent 10-15 mins underwater filming.  He discovered that acting in water was not that easy as he first thought and only wanted to finish shooting the water scene well.  He is very satisfied with this scene however the only thought on his mind was how he felt that his lungs becoming frozen during the shoot.

His fellow actors (main cast) in this drama love their profession and are really hardworking.  They have common interest conversations and close enough to chat indepth about their life goals and dreams.

He has no regrets at the age of 18 filming LOA, as that should be his age appearance.  Just like recently he watched his shows 3 years ago and come to realise that he couldn't go back to that form of portrayal of that age as his portrayal was most realistic and the best at that point of time.

When he was thinking about acceptance of this drama, he does feel indecisive as to whether he could bear the pressure of this role, able to portray this role well in acting or using skill techniques to display his acting skills to the fullest, he does has this concern.  When he has this concern he will talk about his worries to director and his parents.  His parents advised to use his intuition. As for director he needs to be clear on what's director thoughts about his character. 

This character helps giving him diverse vibes and notions that create differences in his portrayal from his previous roles.  It is what an actor should do.  He doesn't want all his roles he portrayed to be similar otherwise it will be meaningless to him.  He will also listen to advice from family, friends as well as colleagues within the entertainment circle.

In conclusion, he likes having challenging roles, the ones that are suitable of course, to perfect his acting skills and prefer roles that are different from his own personality. 

Please credit me if you wish to share in his fandom in other countries to share the love of Arthur CFY and LOA.  Thank you.

Edited by dejun
To add, modify and to correct errors.
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, dejun said:

bonus for those who cannot understand Mandarin Chinese since I was interested in his view about Lu Ping character and your :heart: for Arthur CFY.  Also thanks to @tothestars for providing the interview clips, LOA bts, etc.

Thx a lot lot lot lot @dejun!!!! It is a HUGEEEEE BONUS! 

I have been wondering all the time watchin him, yes Luping is so skinny, but i never thought he was losing his weight purposedly. Well in Ning Que he was chubbier, thx to the delicious dish from SangSang LOL.

The same orphan but different vibes yes, although LP never killed as much as NQ, but LP has been tortured for 16 years in Gang ShanHai, never received any love, only SuTang has talked with him with care and 3 years in ZhaiFeng Institute. Meanwhile NQ has his family until 5-6 y.o, Sang Sang, fellow troops and the general, who has made him know what a family means. That is why LP is red blooded character, he will panic when someone close to him is in danger, emotional comes first, because he is afraid of being alone like used to be.

Yeah that is one thing from Arthur, he always take the role that suitable with his age, which that makes more realistic for audiences to accept, because it was at his best 18 to 19 years old as Lu Ping.

Thx again my friend!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow, many many thanks, @dejun! It's indeed a huge bonus.

I really like the interview. This is the Arthur whom we came to know and care about. I've missed interviews like this, when he shares deep and thoughtful observation about his roles. I agree with @tothestars about how Lu Ping differs from Ning Que, and how Arthur seems to always give careful and measured consideration in choosing his roles. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, caranita said:

I just "walked" down this forum's memory lane. I was a bit shocked to realize that I started participating here on page 11, which was early last year -- and here we are now, on page 140! To think that this forum only has 13 followers -- we sure are a chatty bunch with unlimited topics, aren't we? :joy: We even once speculated about which school he would go to after graduating!

Thanks for the warm welcome when I first arrived here, and big love to you all -- thanks for keeping the environment healthy for all of us to talk, gush over, share things, or even rant about this young man. (And some times about other actors too, LOL.) Here's to more happy discussions on Arthur (or drooling, since he's technically legal haha) and his upcoming projects! *cheers*

LOL I went back to page 1 and have just realized that I posted here since this forum started. Thank you you all. We are very chatty indeed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, mei2018 said:

@dejun Thank you for translation. May I translate it and post in aThai fanpage?

@mei2018 You may but do credit me and spread the love for Arthur Chen to his fans.  I have edited my post just now to add some explanation, correct errors and modify one sentence to make it sound better.  My translation is not perfect but understandable more for international viewers' sake who are non-Chinese speaking.

• Like 2
  • Love 1