[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I also hope it won't be Lu Ping's death! 

whaaaaat? they'd really kill off one of the two leads? in this type of drama? that sounds so strange! if he does die, i'm curious as to how that portrayal will be (i fear i'd be laughing through it, seeing how i'm reacting to this drama so far lol)

HHAHAHHAHAHAHH... THANK YOU! Then I definitely saw shows like this when I was a kid. But super heroes that dressed as a cricket is an ultimate gem! :joy:

:D you're welcome! a friend just told she dreamt last night that i was breeding crickets, so there you go.. i must be emanating a very strong LoA/Chapulin Colorado aura :w00t:

Though most international audience seems to enjoy the show, I've seen some complaints asking why Arthur left EN2 for this. With the low production value & less than stellar editing (though the plot and the dialogues are surprisingly pretty good), I think it's safe to assume that, well, perhaps he really had no other choice, no? I'm not trying to open up an old wound, but those questions are warranted :).

I also saw people complaining but honestly, given the way EN2 went, i'm thankful still that he was not in it (whether by choice or otherwise), if it had had the same production quality and script/directing issues.

• Like 3

I echo @Lbpg's comments and totally agreed about being really glad and thankful that Arthur Chen wasn't cast in EN2.  To me it seems that the director seems to lost interest in directing the second season for various reasons.

Wish to say hi to the old fans of CFY since EN1.  Good to see you all still around.  Yes, I was looking forward to LOA and this drama really meet my expectation and more.  Am so glad that LOA achieved top ratings in viewership ever since it premiered.  I really like the tone of this drama and I find that nowadays the current dramas out there seem to lost the fun, quirky side and chivalry quality of yesteryears.  It has been quite some time that I came across a drama like this that makes me glue to every scene and not missing any dialogues from every character. :D  Although the production quality is not as good but interesting characters, good directing and storyline made up for it and imo it is really entertaining and captivating.

It's great to see that CFY has taken good steps of improvement in his acting as compared to his earlier role in EN1.  It's wonderful to know that we get to watch him act in many dramas to come as he's still so young. :lol:

• Love 4

5 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I guess there will be no press conference for Legend of Awakening, since Arthur's schedule only shooting for HYX in May, then they have to boost marketing via soc-med only.

No-press conference has been the norm due to Covid-19. I think nowadays production doesn't necessarily invite journalists to cover booting ceremonies.

BTW, just saw that Legend of Awakening scored 7.2 on Douban! I would've been happy had it gotten around 6-ish, based on the comments and the fact that it made quite a lot of changes of the novel, as well as the low production value. So this is a very nice surprise,  though we won't know how long that will hold :D. Let's just hope it stays in the 7-ish range. I'm not dismissing the possibility that the score is mostly contributed by fanbases, but I hope this reflects a positive reception. It's safe to say that international audience seem to like it, but I can't be 100% certain about Chinese audience. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, caranita said:

No-press conference has been the norm due to Covid-19. I think nowadays production doesn't necessarily invite journalists to cover booting ceremonies.

BTW, just saw that Legend of Awakening scored 7.2 on Douban! I would've been happy had it gotten around 6-ish, based on the comments and the fact that it made quite a lot of changes of the novel, as well as the low production value. So this is a very nice surprise,  though we won't know how long that will hold :D. Let's just hope it stays in the 7-ish range. I'm not dismissing the possibility that the score is mostly contributed by fanbases, but I hope this reflects a positive reception. It's safe to say that international audience seem to like it, but I can't be 100% certain about Chinese audience. 

I saw on weibo that someone also deliberately gave it 1 star too. There are  so many ill intention people.

I like the show. I really do. May be partly because  I did Not read the novel and did not have high expectancy. It is really fun to watch especially after 12 episodes.

However, from the Thais who read the novel, they are saying that they were a bit disappointed regarding the changes but most of them were satisfy with the serires.

It was fun. 

PS. CFY has many male fans in Thailand from ever night and it seem like they like LoA too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Popularity Ranking?

We need someone to translate this! Looks like it's a most anticipated works ranking? Arthur's look with his Mo Ran dresses did send a frenzy :D.

On a discussion about Legend of Awakening in another forum, someone says that Arthur's portrayal of Lu Ping is more mature, restrained, and -- this is interesting -- "a bit of an old soul" ;-). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, caranita said:

We need someone to translate this! Looks like it's a most anticipated works ranking? Arthur's look with his Mo Ran dresses did send a frenzy :D.

On a discussion about Legend of Awakening in another forum, someone says that Arthur's portrayal of Lu Ping is more mature, restrained, and -- this is interesting -- "a bit of an old soul" ;-). 

LOL then let's summon @angelangie hahaha, need your help sis...

Yeah like Qin Sang said in ep 22, she said to Lu Ping that he really changed, but she likes it. I think that refer to getting mature and FeiYu added a little bit his "old soul" to Lu Ping character LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahha yea it a popularity ranking....it is almost like in the series whose character is pulling u in the most....

im not sure on what they get this rating chart from though

Thx @angelangie

Ah ic, maybe from social media like most talked about, most trending, etc... Since immortality is hot right now, plus the airing of legend of awakening which has good rating too...

Is it just me or Arthur and Cheng Xiao lacked that chemistry? I can't root for their pairing, although it's obvious from the start that they are canon. Their lovey dovey scenes feel cringeworthy to me. Arthur's chemistry with Song Yiren & He Landou were off the chart that I could've easily shipped them off screen. Sadly, it's the opposite in LoA. :cry:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, caranita said:

Is it just me or Arthur and Cheng Xiao lacked that chemistry? I can't root for their pairing, although it's obvious from the start that they are canon. Their lovey dovey scenes feel cringeworthy to me. Arthur's chemistry with Song Yiren & He Landou were off the chart that I could've easily shipped them off screen. Sadly, it's the opposite in LoA. :cry:

Yeah that is because of the stiff and emotionless from chengxiao's side. Arthur had tried his best to express his emotion to chengxiao, but that's it, no return from chengxiao. That is why we get plain romance, but that is okay, it is not the main focus in this drama fiuh...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, tothestars said:

China is not afraid of covid anymore yeah?

It was so bad. These fans/stalkers will not stop. I saw pictures of them on evacuator trying to shoot pictures at the scene. Very crazy people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yeah that is because of the stiff and emotionless from chengxiao's side. Arthur had tried his best to express his emotion to chengxiao, but that's it, no return from chengxiao. That is why we get plain romance, but that is okay, it is not the main focus in this drama fiuh...

It gets better after around 12 episodes but not at the  level of NQ-Sang Sang chemistry. For me it was passable as teenager crush.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mei2018 said:

It was so bad. These fans/stalkers will not stop. I saw pictures of them on evacuator trying to shoot pictures at the scene. Very crazy people.

Yeah, they gain money for that. 

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

It gets better after around 12 episodes but not at the  level of NQ-Sang Sang chemistry. For me it was passable as teenager crush.

Yeah slightly better LOL, i think you nailed it for the teenager crush term, watching Arthur and ChengXiao LoA for 24 eps, it feels like watching Arthur and Song YiRen in first two eps of Ever Night. Arthur was so stiff, but not with Song YiRen.

• Like 2

I agree that Yiren was more natural than Arthur back then, but I don't really dig her other newer projects. I thought she was a little stiff in Prince of Tennis, and not as impressive in what little I saw in Time to Love. But I want to check The Best of You in My Mind  since I also like Zhang Yao. 

• Like 1