[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

26 minutes ago, dejun said:

Wai Ying Hung has impressed me with her acting since HSDS 2000 and especially so in The Glamorous Imperial Concubine so her impression of Arthur on his potential should be well taken note of.

Kara Wai is one of veteran actors from Shaw Brothers era who consistent in acting until now, so many prestigious awards she has collected. I think she also teaches acting, i forgot where i watched her giving acting class. So yes her comment, impression and praise for Arthur is accurate!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I think mostly people thought Legend of Awakening is when Arthur reach 20 y.o, since the timeline is all correct but the LoA. And more over his appearance as Lu Ping is so mature and grown up, unlike Ning Que, still in boyish look. 

You nail it on the head. People don't know, or forget, that he was still 18 when filming LoA. I think it would be more interesting to note that in 2018 he portrayed 2 different personalities (Yu Huai and Lu Ping), and then proceeded to Immortality in 2020 showing the leaked pictures :sweatingbullets:.

I've. known Kara Wai for long, but unfortunately am not really familiar with her movies/dramas... She's now one of the most active HK actresses in the Mainland no? In addition to Charmaine Sheh. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, caranita said:

I've. known Kara Wai for long, but unfortunately am not really familiar with her movies/dramas... She's now one of the most active HK actresses in the Mainland no? In addition to Charmaine Sheh. 

Hmmm lost track for them both for mainland dramas, last time i watched charmaine sheh a long long time ago when TVB dramas were still a hit. For Kara Wai, last time i saw her in HK detective drama The Defected on Chinese TV Cable, maybe last year. I recognize Kara Wai since my parents always watch Celestial Movie Classic (which only show HK movies 70s era) on cable, her movies are so many in there LOL.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, caranita said:

You nail it on the head. People don't know, or forget, that he was still 18 when filming LoA. I think it would be more interesting to note that in 2018 he portrayed 2 different personalities (Yu Huai and Lu Ping), and then proceeded to Immortality in 2020 showing the leaked pictures :sweatingbullets:.

Maybe we should make the revised one, no? But i dont have creativity for photoshoping a poster sigh..

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

45 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Maybe we should make the revised one, no? But i dont have creativity for photoshoping a poster sigh..

Haha... neither do I! I'll DM the poster and suggest this to him/her.

Charmaine has been quite active in Mainland since Yanxi Palace. She's also in Winter Begonia. Must give prop to her agency -- she's been in critically acclaimed dramas!

• Love 2

11 hours ago, caranita said:

He's having fun with his social media :))). It probably doesn't even have anything to do with his current project. They're all in blue, so if we're playing guesses here, he was probably feeling blue, or he's missing He Landou, hahahahahh!! (Lan=blue)

Someone made an Arthur's timeline on twitter. Pretty good!

It has  a mistake, as LOA was filmed before I and my mother land . So He played Lu Ping at age of 18 not 20.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tothestars said:

Full version Live Streaming Jing Dong Omo

THANK YOU SO MUCH! He sent the HYX fandom into frenzy after the live streaming, there're many social media posts about the event, and thanks to you for compiling them! :kiss_wink:.

Here's a rough translation on some part of the interview related to HYX. Hopefully there will be translation of the full version.

The same account translated the Q&A session too on this thread:

8 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yeah he was wearing eye makeup, it is so obvious!

I think he likes his eye makeup LOL. Didn't he post a selfie which was focused on his eyes and eyebrows?

7 hours ago, tothestars said:

Ok i am so happy because of the hype of Immortality, so many people start to dig his information and get to know his character.

Me too! With more people getting to know him, it will allow them to see him in clearer picture and not just the bad images shaped by nasty rumors.  It helps us as well, for we've been getting translation of interviews and whatnot,  even old pictures that we may have missed before. There are even twitter accounts in Japanese and Korean dedicated to Arthur, and Ever Night 1! (I think the Japanese account is named the Chicken Soup Note lol). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, mei2018 said:

It has  a mistake, as LOA was filmed before I and my mother land . So He played Lu Ping at age of 18 not 20.

Yes, it was also pointed out here :) . I tried to DM the poster, but somehow I couldn't :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, tothestars said:

I think mostly people thought Legend of Awakening is when Arthur reach 20 y.o, since the timeline is all correct but the LoA. And more over his appearance as Lu Ping is so mature and grown up, unlike Ning Que, still in boyish look. 

Oh my!  I was so busy trying to identify what movies/dramas he was at, at the timeline that I didn't know LOA was omitted. :P

I really missed Arthur's boyish look in EN1.  He looked adorable then.

21 hours ago, caranita said:

His character as Lu Ping is totally not like Yu Huai at all and both filmed one after another.  My Best Summer was filmed first then LOA, right?  And he was filming LOA while EN1 was airing.  EN2 began filming after EN1 finished its airing, right?

20 hours ago, tothestars said:

It will be good to do that and that will be perfect. :D

18 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Exactly!  Arthur mentioned in one of his interviews that he was aged 18 then.  At that age, his acting has improved so much from EN1 and that to me is amazing. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, dejun said:

His character as Lu Ping is totally not like Yu Huai at all and both filmed one after another.  My Best Summer was filmed first then LOA, right?  And he was filming LOA while EN1 was airing.  EN2 began filming after EN1 finished its airing, right?

Yeap 100 for you!

22 minutes ago, dejun said:

Exactly!  Arthur mentioned in one of his interviews that he was aged 18 then.  At that age, his acting has improved so much from EN1 and that to me is amazing. :w00t:

Yes, i really love when he mentioned this! It was like an announcement or clarification for people out there who comment "after two years, his acting is still inconsistent", nailed on their head!

24 minutes ago, dejun said:

It will be good to do that and that will be perfect. :D

Can you do it? :D plz help!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, caranita said:

Actually quite a number of famous HK actors/actresses are working in Mainland China but the works they got may not be ones that international viewers are interested in.  It's up to their international fans to bring their dramas to international viewers' attention and usually these dramas will not have English subtitles even if available to international viewers.

20 hours ago, tothestars said:

Hmmm lost track for them both for mainland dramas, last time i watched charmaine sheh a long long time ago when TVB dramas were still a hit. For Kara Wai, last time i saw her in HK detective drama The Defected on Chinese TV Cable, maybe last year. I recognize Kara Wai since my parents always watch Celestial Movie Classic (which only show HK movies 70s era) on cable, her movies are so many in there LOL.

19 hours ago, caranita said:

Charmaine has been quite active in Mainland since Yanxi Palace. She's also in Winter Begonia. Must give prop to her agency -- she's been in critically acclaimed dramas!

I watched Kara Wai in My People My Country aka I and My Motherland movie with Simon Yam and of course in My Best Summer movie with Arthur Chen.  So Charmaine Sheh is in this year's Winter Begonia as well.  That's good for her.

19 hours ago, caranita said:

Haha... neither do I! I'll DM the poster and suggest this to him/her.

That would be great @caranita.

• Like 2