[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, dejun said:

In My People My Country, his role was a Mongolian descent so what has that got to do with his citizenship?  Looks like his citizenship issue won't go away as looking at current political scenario with US the next few years will worsen due to Covid19 issue.  Already this pandemic has created racial dissensions with Asians in several countries ever since it appeared from Mainland China.

Inner Mongolia is part of China, and the reason is because MPMC is a movie celebrating China's National Day. But I agree that shouldn't have anything to do with his citizenship. Fact is there are many Chinese actors who are not Chinese citizens, and some of them have played the roles of national heroes (like Gong Li). 

1 hour ago, dejun said:

In fact I have a feeling we might not see the kid in our boy any longer as he's been in showbiz for 3 years plus having experienced a lot in these 3 short years.

That is correct. He's always been more mature beyond his age, but agree that experiencing a lot during his relatively short time of career even adds to that:)

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

June schedule, June 7th the only date he went from Immortality shooting schedule.

Isn't that for the shopping mall anniversary thing with Gulnazar?

While Legend of Awakening stay on 4th rank for final eps yesterday

The show's lasting power is pretty amazing!

Arthur open online classroom for supporting student Final Test.

I like this kind of public service :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Isn't that for the shopping mall anniversary thing with Gulnazar?

I dont know i cant read hiks...

I like this kind of public service :)

Upps sorry, turns out today is Children's Day in China...

Yeah so happy, turns out so many non vip viewers out there!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, tothestars said:

I think this is few days ago when he go back to hotel without wearing mask. I recognize the umbrella which always being used in HYX shooting location.

I don't think this is a recent video, or taken during HYX filming. The car isn't the same and here he sat on the front seat, which I think won't be possible because of the crazy paparazzi/fans crowd outside the hotel. 

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

this filter make FeiYu look really beautiful!! it is almost like FeiYu just walk out of a Manga cover!!!

Even without filter, but with the right make up, he could still look like that :). Fresh face, Arthur often looks like the boy next door :) 

BTW, there's a viral tweet, taken presumably from weibo, which claims that Arthur will appear in a special segment of Produce Camp 2020 together with Ding Yuxi and Song Weilong. Again, please take it with a TON of salt, because it sounds like some people tossing in some popular young actors together for a rumor mill :sweat_smile:. Those 3 happen to have recent popular dramas LOL. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, caranita said:

I don't think this is a recent video, or taken during HYX filming. The car isn't the same and here he sat on the front seat, which I think won't be possible because of the crazy paparazzi/fans crowd outside the hotel. 

Hmmm you are right, i cant read the captions though, i just think, he wear the same white clothes with makeup, the same hair style and the umbrella. Hmm maybe he is going somewhere during HYX shooting? LOL.  

This one

Screenshot-20200528-211922-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Hmmm you are right, i cant read the captions though, i just think, he wear the same white clothes with makeup, the same hair style and the umbrella. Hmm maybe he is going somewhere during HYX shooting? LOL.  

This one

Hmmmm he is indeed wearing the similar clothes & the picture is stamped on 28 May... so I dunno, maybe he managed to sneak outside somehow :lol:

43 minutes ago, caranita said:

Hmmmm he is indeed wearing the similar clothes & the picture is stamped on 28 May... so I dunno, maybe he managed to sneak outside somehow :lol:

And wearing the same necklace as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Congrats Arthur!

While here we tend to think that he doesn't make big splash (sorry, Arthur! LOL), but his popularity is actually rising. And I believe Legend of Awakening is actually more popular than people seem to claim. 

I was looking at Vlinkage's chart on its main website (xunyee), and found out that Arthur's popularity ranks #8 within this past one month. Please check it here: https://www.xunyee.cn/rank-person-index-2.html. This chart also shows that in general, during the airing time of Legend of Awakening, Arthur is actually more popular than Cheng Xiao (who ranks #15 on 1-month popularity chart). So it's safe to conclude that while Cheng Xiao might have helped boosting the show's popularity in the earlier week, it was Arthur who helped sustaining it. 

Edit to add: after writing this, I saw that Vlinkage just posted it's monthly popularity chart, which places Arthur at #9. My conclusion remains as it is ;-).  

79aba393gy1gfduo85il9j20u02ev1kx.jpg

Unfortunately Vlinkage no longer put shows popularity statistics on their website (they used to). I'm assuming  that's because some platforms (Youku and iQiyi, and IIRC Tencent plans to follow suit) have stopped announcing their pageview numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, caranita said:

While here we tend to think that he doesn't make big splash (sorry, Arthur! LOL), but his popularity is actually rising. And I believe Legend of Awakening is actually more popular than people seem to claim. 

Hahahah i am surprised as well! I am very happy knowing his popularity is gradually rising and consistent, i really dont want him to be 2nd Xiao Zhan. I only need a slowly but sure one.

55 minutes ago, caranita said:

I was looking at Vlinkage's chart on its main website (xunyee), and found out that Arthur's popularity ranks #8 within this past one month. Please check it here: https://www.xunyee.cn/rank-person-index-2.html. This chart also shows that in general, during the airing time of Legend of Awakening, Arthur is actually more popular than Cheng Xiao (who ranks #15 on 1-month popularity chart). So it's safe to conclude that while Cheng Xiao might have helped boosting the show's popularity in the earlier week, it was Arthur who helped sustaining it. 

Yeah i believe it is because Arthur is the one who carrying the show dominantly. All eyes were on Lu Ping's character, he really succeed bring Lu Ping alive and success as a main lead (again)! 

57 minutes ago, caranita said:

Edit to add: after writing this, I saw that Vlinkage just posted it's monthly popularity chart, which places Arthur at #9. My conclusion remains as it is ;-). 

Oh okay i dont know there is monthly report, i only know the daily ones, i just follow VLinkage's weibo few weeks ago, since i want to know LoA's popularity vs douban's rank.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am thinking that many of his fans are also in OUR age group. (You know what I meant. Wink) so they are more restrianed when provoked.

Also, in Thailand, he gains many male/wuxia fans from Ever night. So not many of his fans will engage in war between fanclubs.

This is a good thing. 

I think that his fans will accept him any roles with good script  and unlikely to demand only a main role. 

He gains more followers since LOA has been aired. Now he has 8.9 mil followers and growing. Our Flynig Tiger is flying well.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:36 AM, caranita said:

Forgot to address this. I didn't watch EN2, but yeah those are the issues raised in comments. I think @Lbpg discussed it a few times. Objectively, like you said, it has better production values than LoA. At the same time it suffered from expectation from those coming from EN1.

Yeah, you're right.  I don't have any expectations from both dramas so the way I see it was that LOA certainly won my heart on the way the story was directed although it has flaws.  My only wish was LOA director should have made better usage of Arthur in action scenes.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:18 PM, caranita said:

I'm astonished at the sustaining power of LOA too. :open_mouth: The top 3 dramas are all new ones.  It must be Arthur's power! :lol:

Am now quite deeply buried in Heaven Awakening Path novel (not bad).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tothestars said:

Hahahah i am surprised as well! I am very happy knowing his popularity is gradually rising and consistent, i really dont want him to be 2nd Xiao Zhan. I only need a slowly but sure one.

13 hours ago, mei2018 said:

He gains more followers since LOA has been aired. Now he has 8.9 mil followers and growing. Our Flynig Tiger is flying well.

YES, that's how I like it too. Trending when needed and he has works to promote, expanding fanbase at a normal/acceptable pace. While a large one would be nice, personally I prefer him to have name recognition beyond the net community.  

13 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I am thinking that many of his fans are also in OUR age group. (You know what I meant. Wink) so they are more restrianed when provoked.

Also, in Thailand, he gains many male/wuxia fans from Ever night. So not many of his fans will engage in war between fanclubs.

This is a good thing. 

I think that his fans will accept him any roles with good script  and unlikely to demand only a main role. 

Let's hope the newer fans will not change the character of the current ones, being supportive without going overboard!

BTW, there is a pretty good writing about how Wang Kai has guided his fans, and I think there's a lesson or two to take :) 

https://cfen.si/2020/04/12/how-wang-kai-guided-his-fans-to-listen-to-him/

Basically, what Wang Kai does is alternate between directly tells his fans what he expects from them or what he does NOT want them to do, and show them what he prefers. As the blogger observes, he's done those since the first time he gained fame (after NIF 1, I think). It's said he lost some fans because of some of his "rather extreme" methods (refuse to smile or chat with fans at airports, for instance), but in return he's kept fans who respect him and provide him with the privacy he needs. Not sure if Arthur would go that far, though, because he's just a naturally nice person, and even being nice and well-mannered hasn't exempted him from getting labeled LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1