[Drama 2019] Confession, 자백

0ly40

Hi, everyone. It has been a while since Iast time I visited this forum thread. Just wish to tell that I have uploaded subtitles for final two episodes on Subscene. It is a good drama. Congrats to the cast members and production team. Have a nice day! :innocent:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted a very long final thoughts comment elsewhere but wanted to say something here as well at the end of the drama.

Confession has some loose ends that could need a second season (don't think it'll happen) but I think it ended very fittingly for it's run time and getting to the bigger picture.

In a few months or year I think I'll like to rewatch this drama. Don't think it's that kind of show with hidden clues and easter eggs, everything that the writer addressed is right in the open, but I really enjoyed the team's interactions.

I'm glad Junho picked up this project and I discovered the actor of Han Jong-gu.

Thank you to everyone who kept this thread going.

Just finished this drama but felt like the ending especially that last 15-20 min was kind of rushed, they went from being a lawyer to special counsel then to judgment against them already lol. Hoping for a 2nd season also but doubt it with Junho mandatory military coming soon. Loved the bromance between the 2 leads. Either way other than the delayed subs this was one of the more underrated dramas of 2019. Loved it from start to end.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching this drama. I think it's was one of the best suspense thriller after Doctor Prisoner. Judging by the number of pages on this thread it doesn't seems to be as popular with members here but I'm glad I stuck with it till the end.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, tofuetoffee said:

Don't think it's that kind of show with hidden clues and easter eggs, everything that the writer addressed is right in the open,

I don't quite agree, I felt at the beginning that the characters were holding a piece of a puzzle, they didn't know that they were connected to a crime that happened 10yrs earlier. 

I think the ending was understandable. Chu Myungeun and many others who were in cahoots will be investigated and prosecuted, that's another story to be told but what was buried 10 yrs ago is revealed. I didn't feel there was any boring moments in the drama.

Looking for more shows like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching this drama a few nights ago and I just couldn't stop.Every episode ending makes me want to continue. Never mind if this drama only garnered 12 pages on this thread. It scored very well on local viewership although there is no romantic relationship in this drama.

I will probably watch it again months down the road. How I wish the current "Partner Investigator" carries the same kind of excitement.

I just crammed all the episodes in these two days, in a way, I'm glad I found it late - then all the subs are ready and waiting for me to binge through all of them. If not, the suspense (or heart attacks, literally) might have killed me.

Before going onto thoughts about the show itself, I'm quite surprised and I'm still looking, but does anyone know the actors who played the two of our actually important prosecutors, Prosecutor Yang and No? We have a name for the dude who didn't get any character redemption arc, but not for the other two o/o

Hehe I actually placed the following review on AsianWiki, maybe in the future more people will come and see this show:

"

The dynamic here between Choi Do Hyun and Ki Choon Ho is really good, and extra kudos to are needed for Yuri and Mdm Jin. Yuri grows on you after a while, though yes, it was a little annoying at the beginning.

Mdm Jin is just a showstopping team-carry though, with the way she's saved the while group multiple times. Her portrayal of a mother in this show was very strong - the indignity though is that this page doesn't list the son, Prosecutor No, or Prosecutor Yang either.

On the pivotal scene about the heart though, while I feel that Choi Do Hyun cried a lot during the show, at that one scene, it was very well done.

Hoping for a second season, though with the main case tying them all together gone, I doubt it can happen.

"

But all these said, I'm very satisfied with how the relationships in this drama were conducted. I was very worried that the opening meant that CDH and YR would kinda fall together over time, break up over the course and then get back together, but that would just have detracted from the whole thing.

Above all, I enjoyed how CDH's work ethics were brought out, especially wrt taking on the Han case - that he told Mdm Jin upfront and apologised, even though he had already said yes; then later when he told Yuri what he knew, even when Detective Ki told him not to. Like small things like these somehow are part of the character CDH who also utilised the double jeopardy law at the same time, to reveal justice. 

Detective Ki noted the irony that he who pushed the hardest for Choi senior's arrest is the one pushing for the retrial, and well, honestly we don't get to see this often. Most of the time in these shows, everyone apart from the main cast is incompetent or corrupt. But the police force crew who stand by Detective Ki never falter. I was worried, I confess, at one point in time that Detective Seo (junior of Ki, but oldest around) would turn or some funny thing the show tries to throw us.

Also had been worried that Mdm Jin was seeking revenge or something, but thankfully not. 

Overall, very worth the watch, sans the rushed attempt to make a fulfilling ending. Haish. We just want character redemption, happy endings and bad guys behind bars. I still can't hold out for a season two, but if it comes, yup I'll watch it.

Archived