Writer: Im Meari

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Runtime: Mon & Tue 23:00

Release Date: October 1st, 2018

largedivider.png

SYNOPSIS

find_picture02.jpg

A woman changes her appearance whenever a certain supernatural phenomenon occurs. A man falls in love with this woman.

Han Se-Kye (Seo Hyun Jin) is a top actress. She is known as a troublemaker and the object of many rumors. Her life is a mystery, but, in reality, she suffers from an unusual phenomenon. At a certain point every month, her appearance changes to a different person. She lives one week out of every month with a different appearance. Han Se-Kye meets Seo Do-Jae  (Lee Min Ki). Seo Do-Jae is an executive at an airline company. He seems perfect with an attractive appearance and possessing smarts, but he suffers from an inability to recognize faces. He hides this disability and tries hard to memorize people by their habits and mannerisms. The only person's face that he is able to recognize is Han Se-Kye. By meeting her, his life changes. 

largedivider.png

CAST

20180920_134000_7875.jpg

Seo Hyun Jin as  HAN SE GYE 

An A-list actress who must spend one week out of each month living in someone else’s body

A troublemaking actress with a flurry of rumors surrounding her, famed for acting with “100 faces” and 100 types of acting. She is a top star nicknamed “100-Faced Beauty.” She suffers from a unique type of “magic” that makes her become a different person, but by entering into a complicated relationship with Seo Do Jae, they open the door to a secret world.

20180920_134006_6869.jpg

Lee Min Ki as  SEO DO JAE

A man who suffers from prosopagnosia.

The director of an airline. Though he has an impressive appearance and is greatly intelligent, he suffers from prosopagnosia (the inability to recognize other people’s faces). In order to avoid hurting people’s feelings, he goes the extra mile to remember their small habits and even their walking pattern. He is a character that maintains perfection through this detailed effort. After meeting Han Se Gye, Do Jae’s life turns around.

20180920_134017_9676.jpg

Ahn Jae Hyun as PRIEST RYU EN HO

A prospective priest, his existence itself calms those around him as he’s as peaceful as the forest and radiates a refreshing energy to those around him. He also protects Han Se Gye’s secret as her close friend. After meeting Sa Ra, who tries to dig up Se Gye’s secret and puts her into constant trouble, his heart becomes like a storm.

20180920_134012_9589.jpg

Lee Da Hee as  KANG SA RA

A woman with the perfect life. She and Seo Do Jae are siblings from their parents’ second marriage, and she too carries herself with a beautiful appearance and impressive intelligence. Sa Ra, who aspires to surpass Do Jae, finds out Han Se Gye’s secret, and ends up meeting Se Gye’s friend, Ryu Eun Ho (played by Ahn Jae Hyun). She is taken in by his good nature and innocence.

largedivider.png

CORRELATION CHART

20180919_135941_5071.jpg

largedivider.png

TEASERS

Highlights | Teaser 1 |  Teaser 2  | Teaser 3  | Teaser 4 |  Teaser 5  | Teaser 6  | Teaser 7

Invitation & Greetings   | Script Reading

largedivider.png

OST

Beauty Inside OST 1    Beauty Inside OST 2    Beauty Inside OST 3

largedivider.png

RULES

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Thank you @marykarmelina for posting this. ^_^

I was so excited to hear the news. Not only because I recently became a big fan of Lee Min-ki after BTIMFL, but also because Seo Hyun-jin and Song Hyun-wook reunion. I personally rate Another Miss Oh was one of the best cable TV romcom series so I will have high expectations for this, given the lead casting.

The only doubt I would have is about the writer. I have never heard of her and can't seem to find any background information about her or her previous works, which leads me to think of her as a newcomer / rookie. Anyone familiar with her?

Nevertheless, I'm sure the drama will turn out good! I'm curious how they will portray the peculiar script into a bunch of episodes instead of a 2-hour long movie. :D

- M -

O..kay...i need to confess i will be watching this -> for Seo Hyun Jin:blush:

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/beauty-inside-lee-min-ki-seo-hyun-jin/

2018070907050065756_1.jpg?zoom=3&resize=360%2C230&ssl=1STARNEWS

NEWS

Lee Min Ki To Love Changing Faces Of Seo Hyun Jin In Upcoming jTBC Drama “Beauty Inside”

By abbyinhallyuland | July 9, 2018Twitter

WE CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THE TV ADAPTATION OF BEAUTY INSIDEBEFORE THE YEAR ENDS

Seo Hyun Jin takes the role of a troublemaker top star who changes her face once a month.

Now the fun part of the romance is that Lee Min Ki will portray an airline company manager who has received all the blessings from heaven with good looks and excellent intellect, but he suffers a facial recognition disorder.

His medical condition lets him remember the slightest habit of a person providing an adorable narrative bend to his interaction with the face-changing heroine.

The romance plot twist definitely sounds perky and worth anticipating given the talent level of the love couple who will bring the story to life.

Seo Hyun Jin said, “The drama of a novel material has come to my heart. I am expecting to see a lot of new things through a whole new world of living a once-in-a-month life. We will do our best to show ourselves a good look with the actors and staff members who are with us.”

ok.. that makes sense and realistic i guess.. he has face blindness adn she changes faces :)

otherwise, it is impossible for anyone to look beyond the face.. nobody adjusts to personality first... unless you end up spending a long long long time with someone not so appealing and start finding their personality appealing

I'll probably catch anything with Seo Hyun Jin in it.

Plus, the story plot actually sounds interesting. I haven't watched the film so which is good because then I won't compare since they are doing a fresh retake for the drama itself. 

PD Song Hyun Wook did fab job for AOHY but fumbled in his last 2 drama, hope he makes a strong comeback for this one, writer Im Meari is new but I heard she has been assisting Kim Eun Sook in drama such as DOTS and Goblin, so i hope she will do a good job writing the drama adapation as well.

I think it will be even more interesting if Ahn Jae Hyun also accepts his role.

12 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

Plus, the story plot actually sounds interesting. I haven't watched the film so which is good because then I won't compare since they are doing a fresh retake for the drama itself. 

No room for comparison hahahaaa... it will be different from the original.:tounge_wink:

:blink: source :

https://www.hancinema.net/beauty-inside--drama-seo-hyun-jin-and-lee-min-ki-top-billing-for-drama-recreation-of-popular-film-120200.html

"Beauty Inside - Drama" Seo Hyun-jin and Lee Min-ki Top Billing for Drama Recreation of Popular Film

Source | 2018/07/08 | 983 views | Permalink

**extract from article**

"Beauty Inside - Drama" is a romantic, feel-good drama about a woman who becomes a different person once a month, and a man who can't recognize people's faces. It is based on a movie of the same title and the casting of Seo Hyun-jin and Lee Min-ki has increased anticipation for the drama. Director Song Hyeon-wook and wirter Im Mae-a-ri from "Oh Hae-Young Again" are going to create a different love story from the original.

Seems like the drama will change things a bit from the movie which I loved. Not a bad thing. In the movie , it’s the guy who changes how he looks every morning . While here it seems she only changes when something supernatural happens or apparently once a month ..ooo @supergal99  maybe when she has PMS :lol: ...oh well most women swear they look different that time of the month anyway This should be interesting. Looking forward to all the cameos that will replace her. 

Erhm...mmm.. @triplem  PMS??!! Tsk... tsk... oh *wait*... u r not talking about me right?

Hahahahaaa....:tounge_xd: ok yes... i m pulling yr leg..

Anyway... i m super glad that this is a RomCom!!:lol: 

Ahn Jae Hyun reportedly returning to the small screen through dramatized version of 'Beauty Inside'

ahn-jae-hyun.jpg

According to an exclusive report on June 20, actor Ahn Jae Hyun has been cast in the dramatized version of 'Beauty Inside'. 

The dramatized version of 'Beauty Inside' airing on JTBC later this year is based on the fantasy romance film 'Beauty Inside', which starred Han Hyo Joo. However, in the drama version, the female character will be the figure who mysteriously switches faces and bodies; furthermore, the dramatized version has decided to alter the main character's bodily switch time frame to a month. 

Reportedly, Ahn Jae Hyun will be playing the role of Ryu Eun Ho, an aspiring reverend. He is the best friend of the story's female lead Han Se Gye, and is also a keeper of her important secret. If true, this will mark Ahn Jae Hyun's first small screen production in approximately a year. Currently, Seo Hyun Jin has been cast in the female lead role of Han Se Gye, with actor Lee Min Ki and actress Lee Da Hee also considering role offers for the production. Stay tuned for updates.

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/06/ahn-jae-hyun-reportedly-returning-to-the-small-screen-through-dramatized-version-of-beauty-inside

Oh, wow @triplem how could I not think of that before! :lol: would be interesting if the plot be a metaphor for a woman's menstrual cycle, and not to mention the comedic value of the prosopagnosic boyfriend who perceives her as a different person because her habit and attitude abruptly changes from the usual. :P

@angel2013 thank you for the information about the writer! So now I'm assured the script writing is in good hands of someone whose experience includes DOTS and Goblin. ^_^

- M -

First glimpse of the leads filming the drama. Hope we get to see more soon.

I hope Ahn Jae Hyun confirms his role, it will be interesting to see him wanting to be a 'priest':lol:

And the scriptbooks for the drama

I'm looking forward to Ryu Hwayoung joining the cast, I'm sure she is going to add some spice to the drama;)

anyway this is posted by HJ manager for drama beauty inside filming(first shoot), and he has tagged Ahn Jae Hyun as well, so I guess he is also confirmed for the drama? although I hadn't seen any confirmation news on his part.

Archived