[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, henry249 said:

Actually, at this point in the series, there are 4 people already knows about their not-yet-official relationship: Pond, Ping, Pete's mother, and even Nong'Yim. :joy:

If you see the official trailer of the series, even Nong'Yim tried to make our 2 boys kiss each other.

So, no, their relationship is not a secret anymore. Their romance simply oozes out whenever they are together. It's just  that Chompoo is kinda blind, so she can't (or doesn't want to) notice.

What about the whole school ?  Ae 's parents ,  Trump who could become a serious danger again. Tin who is not aware and will be probably against this type of relationship ( until he fell for Can ). 

7 hours ago, deltos said:

So much can be said about this image...it's so BL...:lol:

screen-shot-2018-09-10-at-5-34-02-pm.png

two gays boys enjoying the view... So many asses in front of them, a dreamy sight for them. ^^

actual dialogue

" Pete the threesome you talked about last time... Pick one. "

"Only one? It 's hard to choose..."

Been lurking this forum since a month ago. There are a lot of questions in my head. Despite the greatness of the series, how far actors should extend the fan-servicing while they promote the series, do you think? 

Sometimes I find crazy fans rather delusional, they ship the actors in the real life too while maybe they are not gay at all. 

For example, Frame and Book (MIR) are different with Ohm/Toey in real life. And it causes problems, fan war, unfollowing Instagram, girlfriend drama etc. 

Also in Y I Love You Fan Party, Krist was really excited Neen Suwanamas photoshoots and the host literary has too 'shush' him up. 

In the case with LBC, Plann seems very reluctant to do fanservice (my assumption, it might be because he witnessed first hand the fail of Ohm/Toey relationship. 

It seems the rise of BL does accommodate LGBT's awareness but it also entails the delusion of fans that have to be fed. That's why I was really apprehensive with Ae/Pete relationship. Due to it's nature resembling with girl's fantasy (Ae treats Pete exactly like Ae treats a girl -  someone mentioned it in the early page). 

So far, the accurate representation, in my opinion, is Happy Together or all Leslie Lueng queer movies. 

What do you think?

13 hours ago, checkmatey said:

Hmm is Labratory school like STEM school in the US? Or like tech school? Or post-secondary? Either way this makes way more sense about how Chompoo is just chilling nearby. I feel like KK prob picked this school on purpose...

It's exactly what I though when I read this post lol. KK was 14 when he met Techno so that's very possible :D

. If you troll Weibo or Billibilli ( Chinese sites ) ...you can prolly find better copies. However, I saw some new scenes that I hadn't seen before which of course always leads to new questions and ahhh's.  And we live for that !

this is a promo from May

42 minutes ago, Neptunejoo said:

Been lurking this forum since a month ago. There are a lot of questions in my head. Despite the greatness of the series, how far actors should extend the fan-servicing while they promote the series, do you think? 

Sometimes I find crazy fans rather delusional, they ship the actors in the real life too while maybe they are not gay at all. 

For example, Frame and Book (MIR) are different with Ohm/Toey in real life. And it causes problems, fan war, unfollowing Instagram, girlfriend drama etc. 

Also in Y I Love You Fan Party, Krist was really excited Neen Suwanamas photoshoots and the host literary has too 'shush' him up. 

In the case with LBC, Plann seems very reluctant to do fanservice (my assumption, it might be because he witnessed first hand the fail of Ohm/Toey relationship. 

Finally someone talked about this! 

I totally agree with you!!

I don't like fan meetings because it makes the actors unconfortable!  i know in the beginnig they feel Okey but after awhile they feel unconfortable and i saw that with many BL actors!

Many fans can't make the difference between drama and reality! even without fanmeetings! they hate people based on their characters! they even curse the real person instead of the character! (for exemple the girl playing champoo)

Also, I remember when Krist broke up wilth his girlfriend, many people were happy because they want him to be with singto and it does not make sense at all! Actors have their own life! 

PS : Excuse my bad english! it's not my native language son i'm trying my best to express my opinion clearly! i hope it worked :P

57 minutes ago, Neptunejoo said:

It seems the rise of BL does accommodate LGBT's awareness but it also entails the delusion of fans that have to be fed. That's why I was really apprehensive with Ae/Pete relationship. Due to it's nature resembling with girl's fantasy (Ae treats Pete exactly like Ae treats a girl -  someone mentioned it in the early page). 

So far, the accurate representation, in my opinion, is Happy Together or all Leslie Lueng queer movies. 

What do you think?

That's a very interesting topic you're bringing up here. 

As for myself, I don't like and therefore don't pay attention to fan service. I even think the way it's done with BL shows in Asia is quite unhealthy. Some fans are waaaay too interested in real actor's lives and especially their sex/live life to the extend to asking, sometimes genuinely believing, if they are in a relationship with their co-star (which, let's be honest is 0,000001% likely?). It's a bit sick for me. Actors real life girlfriends (as most are actually straight) get abuse and often have to hide, even after the show they get popular playing in is over. 

But to be fair, I also blame promotion here as it plays a lot with it and has a huge responsability in this. Actors are always put together with their on-screen love interest in public events to be in "couples" and the questions they have to answer and games they have to play are pratically all related to it. 

As for the way Ae treats Pete, several people said Ae is treating him "like a girl". I don't really know, Ae has a very protective side and is gonna feel in duty to take care of people that look like they need protection which was the case for Pete and more stereotypically (as she's a girl) for Champoo. The idea girls need protection is still deep-rooted in Asia so I guess it's why people see Pete as a girl. But there's nothing a part from these stereotypes that leads to think Ae treats Pete like a girl in my opinion. He's well aware it's a guy.  

But it's an error in general to look for accuracy in BL even if I tend to do so myself. They're a fantasy and were originally created for girls, not gay guys. Fans are still mostly girls actually. It also what explains the infamous seme/top trope.

I think besides those crazy delusional fans, I believe the management team behind the series also have a part in this.

I am quite sure the actors were "instructed" to act more lovey-dovey when they attend events as part of the marketing strategy to promote the show.

For me, I am fine with the fan service as long as each party (ie. actors and fans) is aware that this is all an act (assuming none of the BL couple is doing it for real) and the repercussion of having to feed the fans with these fan service acts.

The actors themselves should also know the risk of having to be involved in a BL series. Because, if the coupling they are involved in becomes too popular, it will be super hard to shake off the image and likely to be typecast. That is also the downside they have to accept if they want to become popular in the shortest way (which I feel most of these actors are likely taking up a BL role for a shot to increase their popularity). I mean BL is increasingly getting very popular these days, it's a surefire way to get your name out there if the series does well.

2 hours ago, Neptunejoo said:

What do you think?

Totally agree with what you've said and sadly there's no easy solution to stopping some fans stepping over the line from reality into delusional. I'm not a great fan of "fan servicing" (i hate that term) but it is an effective way of promoting the show, and i have found that some sponsors of BL shows have also pushed for them to cater to the fans. As long as the actors are aware and know exactly what they're getting into when they agree to play a BL couple, and they have a good management team behind them then they should be ok.   

1 hour ago, midnightbottle said:

as long as each party (ie. actors and fans) is aware that this is all an act (assuming none of the BL couple is doing it for real)

I think this is the most important part. I usually like to say that everyone have to know rules of the game. They (bl-actors) are giving us emotions and we (as fans) are giving them our support. And all should understand where line is: work is work, personal is personal.

I'm fine with fan service. I like cute moments, fun games and some skinship. But it shouldn't be uncomfotable for the actors. And i think most of them are ok with some fan service. Also it comes from personality, someone likes to joke and tease, someone not, and i think fans should respect it.

P.S. I hate crazy fans. When I hear another story about someone being disrespectul or agressive or too needy i just :hushed: :rage:.

50 minutes ago, aniola said:

I think this is the most important part. I usually like to say that everyone have to know rules of the game. They (bl-actors) are giving us emotions and we (as fans) are giving them our support. And all should understand where line is: work is work, personal is personal.

I'm fine with fan service. I like cute moments, fun games and some skinship. But it shouldn't be uncomfotable for the actors. And i think most of them are ok with some fan service. Also it comes from personality, someone likes to joke and tease, someone not, and i think fans should respect it.

P.S. I hate crazy fans. When I hear another story about someone being disrespectul or agressive or too needy i just :hushed: :rage:.

When over enthusiastic fans start to push phones and cameras into the actors faces to take "selfies" and even trying to grab them then they step way over the line. :angry:

I remember a few times when Xu Weizhou and Huang Jingyu from Addicted went to the airport the fans got out of hand and they had to keep fans at a certain distance from them. 

3 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

When over enthusiastic fans start to push phones and cameras into the actors faces to take "selfies" and even trying to grab them then they step way over the line. :angry:

I remember a few times when Xu Weizhou and Huang Jingyu from Addicted went to the airport the fans got out of hand and they had to keep fans at a certain distance from them. 

Well, Xu Weizhou and Huang Jingy are banned from seeing each other because their government is homophobic, so I think the fans are the least of their problems. 

10 minutes ago, checkmatey said:

Well, Xu Weizhou and Huang Jingy are banned from seeing each other because their government is homophobic, so I think the fans are the least of their problems. 

Technically they’re not banned from seeing each other. Their management companies decided that it would be better for them to stay apart in case the “negative attitude’ from the Chinese government had an impact on their future careers. 

But I get your point on the Chinese Government. Hopefully that will change in time. 

Archived