[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

P'New was defeated by all of the drama--poor guy was tired from the moment his drama was dropped to the uncertainty if it would ever see the light of day, to managers pegging an actor against another...it was a never ending cycle and I don't blame him for being tired and just wanting to give up. The hope is that maybe he'll pick this up some time in the future, who knows, however, he should be proud that he created a drama that had a lot of GREAT points to it...more than the negative and that his drama took some negative cliches and turned them on their heel and made them a bit more realistic. 

I am not disappointed in the ending--rather, I am happy that there were closures for some of them and open endings for others. This way, any other director can pick a pairing that has that open ending and work a spin off or something like that. 

As they say Never Say Never (it's been a great ride with this drama along making new friends in here...Fridays will def be different for me moving on)

Spoiler

Sorry I was MIA...My uncle had two strokes last Friday and he went into emergency brain surgery. We aren't sure if he is going to make it yet, but it's been a tough week for everyone here. I'm glad that I can escape that by sharing with you all. I hope we see each other around with other dramas---there is much more to come for sure 2019 is looking great! Thank you all for allowing me into your space. ::humbling bowing:::

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I need AePete-cut puting together into 3-4-5 hour movie to watch and re-watch it again and again.:lol:

I like all of the characters but Pete and Ae (+ their story) became very special for me.

I'm in really sentimental mood right now: loving everyone, missing everyone, listening LBC-ost.))

tumblr_phzi840Aby1x8jq0lo3_400.giftumblr_phzi840Aby1x8jq0lo4_400.gif

1 minute ago, aniola said:

I think I need AePete-cut puting together into 3-4-5 hour movie to watch and re-watch it again and again.:lol:

I like all of the characters but Pete and Ae (+ their story) became very special for me.

I'm in really sentimental mood right now: loving everyone, missing everyone, listening LBC-ost.))

tumblr_phzi840Aby1x8jq0lo3_400.giftumblr_phzi840Aby1x8jq0lo4_400.gif

Totally me :wub:

So to clarify, is this uncut episode that’s 70 minutes long different than the supposed last episode? Or is it basically the same thing as the last episode but with extra scenes (undeleted scenes). 

Might seem like a trivial question, but with what I briefly read on the sub while trying to avoid main spoilers, it sounds like they’re two different episodes basically. 

Just trying to time myself wisely (but wouldn’t complain if I rewatch the last episode twice anyways lol)

3 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

P'New was defeated by all of the drama--poor guy was tired from the moment his drama was dropped to the uncertainty if it would ever see the light of day, to managers pegging an actor against another...it was a never ending cycle and I don't blame him for being tired and just wanting to give up. The hope is that maybe he'll pick this up some time in the future, who knows, however, he should be proud that he created a drama that had a lot of GREAT points to it...more than the negative and that his drama took some negative cliches and turned them on their heel and made them a bit more realistic. 

I am not disappointed in the ending--rather, I am happy that there were closures for some of them and open endings for others. This way, any other director can pick a pairing that has that open ending and work a spin off or something like that. 

As they say Never Say Never (it's been a great ride with this drama along making new friends in here...Fridays will def be different for me moving on)

Hide contents

Sorry I was MIA...My uncle had two strokes last Friday and he went into emergency brain surgery. We aren't sure if he is going to make it yet, but it's been a tough week for everyone here. I'm glad that I can escape that by sharing with you all. I hope we see each other around with other dramas---there is much more to come for sure 2019 is looking great! Thank you all for allowing me into your space. ::humbling bowing:::

I have truly loved this ride and am going to miss both the series and all the conversations you all had on here even though I was silent for the majority of it. 

Spoiler

I am sorry about your uncle, I wish him a speedy recovery and peace to your family.

6 minutes ago, tahkotin said:

So to clarify, is this uncut episode that’s 70 minutes long different than the supposed last episode? Or is it basically the same thing as the last episode but with extra scenes (undeleted scenes). 

Might seem like a trivial question, but with what I briefly read on the sub while trying to avoid main spoilers, it sounds like they’re two different episodes basically. 

Just trying to time myself wisely (but wouldn’t complain if I rewatch the last episode twice anyways lol)

IT's essentially the missing scenes that make the episode make more sense...so it's just things added in to clarify the situations for every character---as they are at that moment. 

3 minutes ago, chistarr said:

I have truly loved this ride and am going to miss both the series and all the conversations you all had on here even though I was silent for the majority of it. 

Reveal hidden contents

I am sorry about your uncle, I wish him a speedy recovery and peace to your family.

Thank you...And yes I enjoyed all of the great conversations! Hope we see each other in other dramas! 

49 minutes ago, tahkotin said:

Without doubt you can skip (forget about) first version and just wait for full 70min version with engsub.

42 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Hope we see each other in other dramas!  

Me too. :)

Also we are not exactly over with LBC-cast, there are still many events and fan meets. Not the same as the series, of course, but there will be fun and cute moments for sure.

I'm in two minds about this show. I absolutely LOVE Tin and Can. They were the ones I watched for every week. Pete and Ae were also very sweet but towards the end their story got boring, just felt a bit like fluff and filler and no substance. But the other two couples... wtf. It's 2018 and we still have these disgusting rapey scenes in a main couple and are totally cool and fine with it? I skipped over every scene with these couples, we need to change the tune of BL already! Although I'm so sad and heartbroken we didn't get to see a happy ending for TinCan, I don't particularly want to see the anymore for the other couples 

@oldgregg  I maybe able to help here as I agree with your comments, firstly about the all rapey type scenes I agree completely about those, but you will find in some drama's especially lakorn there tends to be a theme "I love you so much and want you so much, i know you have some kind of feelings for me so if i take you by force and apologise enough you will come around and declare undying love for me as well".  Tends to irritate at times with that.

I just read on youtube they are saying there definitely will not be a season 2 so i am not sure whats going to happen but thats the latest rumour i have heard.

Now about Love by Chance, I agree i loved the strength of the chemistry between the main characters and sure I dont want either party questioning their sexuality or kissing someone in confusion but you still have to keep the characters interesting.  But I think that is all balanced off by the fact the secondary characters came to the front more as well.  I havent yet seen it without subtitles but for Tum/Tar I am glad they get to resolve their situation and as being brothers in a sense they will always been tied to each other no matter how far away they are from each other.  The saddest was Tin/Can I was bitter as well, why start something your not going to finish.  But after seeing some of the clips I did come to see a beautiful light out of it, it taught them both the strength of love.  While can was laughing everything off he has now learnt how to take things more seriously and has learnt that he too can hurt people especially those he cares about.  As for Tin its heartbreaking watching him so broken but I find light in that that despite everything in his life he did find love and it did soften him up to it, the rest is left for us to either read the books or wait for the translation or even make up our own.  He will either turn even colder or find the beauty in the depth he shared with someone.  He went through a massive transformation.  I am more dissappointed in the fact they put can so willing to go along with all the kisses and even have him encourage it only for him to say thats not what he wants.  I was like okay WTF, there is confusion but then there is leading someone on and giving them false hope.  He was overly aggressive in his persuit yes that was a given,  but they has so many kisses and some of them very intimate.  So the script writing and production I am disappointed on in that especially how they closed that out.  But for the lessons he learnt yes they were beautiful.

9 hours ago, oldgregg said:

I'm in two minds about this show. I absolutely LOVE Tin and Can. They were the ones I watched for every week. Pete and Ae were also very sweet but towards the end their story got boring, just felt a bit like fluff and filler and no substance. But the other two couples... wtf. It's 2018 and we still have these disgusting rapey scenes in a main couple and are totally cool and fine with it? I skipped over every scene with these couples, we need to change the tune of BL already! Although I'm so sad and heartbroken we didn't get to see a happy ending for TinCan, I don't particularly want to see the anymore for the other couples 

I respect and defend your right to your opinion, but I don't think Ae/Pete were boring at all. :P

Spoiler

with that said, I totally agree with the rest.

I've often been very critical of such scenes where drunken sex is used as a way to get a pairing together. I view it from many points of view...One, from the criminal justice point of view (since I work in the field and have clients accused of rape and can see how messy and sad it can get for everyone involved). Second POV as an ACE person who is already uncomfortable with forced kisses, so anything else I'm going to always feel uncomfortable with; and from the POV of a foster parent (I would hate for any of the kids in my care to ever find themselves in a situation where they are victims or accused of such behavior) I would love it if writes of BLs and Directors would take more care with this topic. Sure, again i'm not oblivious to the fact that this does happen in real life, nevertheless I still think that BL writers have an unhealthy relationship with using this trope as a way to get couples together. In a real world most people would not get together with their rapist, so I always side-eye dramas that use this. However,  in LBC because they left that scene for the end, people can chose to ignore the last episode if they wish and just remember the rest of the drama which was actually good compared to many BLs out there. 

22 hours ago, aniola said:

And i guess it's official that there is no season 2.:unsure: Expected but still sad.

In US footballl there is a play called  "Hail Mary pass, which, is a very long forward pass  made in desperation, with only a small chance of success and time running out on the clock.  I think P'New did this with the No S2 announcement. I'm hoping that there is a ( producer/tv station etc) down in the end zone to catch this pass - let's be clear, there is a lot of money at stake. Never the less, hopefully the novel wii be translated and the international fans can read what happens. And yes, TinCan do have an HE...

SUBS ARE UP for 70 min

https://tv.line.me/embed/4495170

https://tv.line.me/embed/4495171
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495172
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495173
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495174

2 hours ago, deltos said:

In US footballl there is a play called  "Hail Mary pass, which, is a very long forward pass  made in desperation, with only a small chance of success and time running out on the clock.  I think P'New did this with the No S2 announcement. I'm hoping that there is a ( producer/tv station etc) down in the end zone to catch this pass - let's be clear, there is a lot of money at stake. Never the less, hopefully the novel wii be translated and the international fans can read what happens. And yes, TinCan do have an HE...

SUBS ARE UP for 70 min

https://tv.line.me/embed/4495170

https://tv.line.me/embed/4495171
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495172
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495173
https://tv.line.me/embed/4495174

I just hope he gets the touchdown ;)

Is there a possibility that I dont watch this subbed last episode, I can pretend LBC never ended.. Ha. The goodbyes can wait for a while then. Heh.

3 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

Is there a possibility that I dont watch this subbed last episode, I can pretend LBC never ended.. Ha. The goodbyes can wait for a while then. Heh.

Well yeah you can ( no pun intended)...No such thing as  goodbyes...only new hello's ! :D  I admit I picked what I rewatched...I'm still annoyed at Ae for not being brave enough to bring Pete to the beach...yet he wants to face time...  seriously ? :phew:  so I skipped that...Pond was right about that.  Was amused with KKT...some of the dialog was right from the novel... Tin/Can...gawd  I"ve been Tin...so I walked right into that....Mean was excellent in that scene...pulled it off with raw emotion. kudos.  So go ahead and watch...I'll prolly be next door at TWM...now that's some FUS...:joy:

I wachted subversion, and i think i'm still in sentimental mood because i don't wanna complain about anything (even about KK/No).:sweatingbullets:

- Seems like in the last episode we were able to see almost every kind of Saint different haircut.:D

- I like TumTar scenes very much. (Even it's obvious that Tar need to do something with how he's seeing himself after being raped and don't deserving to be loved now.) But being honest i don't always like Title's acting but Earth make it for both of them.

- I felt like there was too much pressure on Can from Pete, Type and Tin at ones. Actually he said everything himself. Also kind of annoying when everyone around are making suggestion how you feel but it's only make you more confused.

- Since they made Ae and Pete visibly sit next to each other, i enjoyed their cute moment on the beach anyway. Also i like when Ae was missing Pete (mostly because of nosy Pond and Perth being charming)), and when he was just having fun with his friends. So i guess i'm ok with ending. Also to put AePete-cut in the end was kind of safe choice (to affect on softy people like me:lol:).

- Ok, just one complain: i never understood this thing with crying in the shower fully clothed.-_- Crying - yes, fully clothed - no.:ph34r:

Spoiler

tumblr_phq5eoPWZS1xrofwko3_250.gif<-- definitely one of my favorite scene from "OffGun"-trailer.:D

4 hours ago, deltos said:

I think P'New did this with the No S2 announcement. I'm hoping that there is a ( producer/tv station etc) down in the end zone to catch this pass - let's be clear, there is a lot of money at stake.

I think if there are still possibility for s2 we'll know about closer to the next summer, or autumn, or will never know.))

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Ok, just one complain: i never understood this thing with crying in the shower fully clothed.-_- Crying - yes, fully clothed - no.

I think it's more of character metaphor used in a certain scenes especially guys.  You don't take your clothes off to cry when you're broken hearted - you walk into the shower even with clothes on to hide the pain and the tears. The water will hide and wash. Just my thought, and I don't remember seeing a female character do this...:phew:

My final thoughts:

KlaNo -

The writer has to be the most inconsistent writer on the planet to write rape as a love story while also making it a point of angst IN THE SAME STORY. Watching Kengkla rape a drunk Techno and then seeing the next scene where Tar cries about how he was drugged and raped, was jarring. I'm glad we won't be getting a spin off of them since New hates the agency that the actors are from.

TumTar -

I was satisfied with the ending but I still don't understand their role on LBC. They're not a couple in any sense of the word. Their story is just a tragic rape recovery story about a brother coming out to his brother.

TinCan -

Maybe it's because I don't ship them, but I thought Can's decision made complete sense. He doesn't understand love and everyone was pressuring him to be with Tin when he couldn't make sense of it yet. It's sad that their story ended on the note that it did, just for Tin's sake. His last scene was literally him bawling like a baby in the shower.

AePete -

I really hated the fact that they were chat buddies the entire episode. It would have been so easy for Pete to come along and have one 5 minute scene interacting with Sun, Ae getting jealous, and then the same cutesy scenes with everyone playing soccer and eating BBQ. Then the I-Love-You's on the beach but IN PERSON. Instead they were on Skype. Despite the Skyping I think their ending was beautiful and the montage made me cry, I just wish their plot for the episode had some substance. Instead their screen time was given to TumTar and KlaNo which nobody cares about after only seeing them for two minutes every week for 13 weeks.

With all the drama in mind: I think New knew there wouldn't be a S2 at least mid-way through the show airing. Since he knew I wish he had filmed happier endings for all the couples. But, I think he left it the way he did because he wanted to stay faithful to the novel and just in case he wants to pick up the project again in a year or two.

It's very popular series so I can see it happening if the manager situation improves. I'm sure Perth's managers will fall into line real quick when they realize that no straight drama is going to make him as famous as LBC did.

Despite the lack luster finale, Ae and Pete will hold a special place in my heart because their love story is one of the most beautiful LGBT romances I've ever seen. Most gay romances have people hurting their partners out of homophobia, one sided love, and general angst but Ae and Pete weren't like that. Ae was a good man who never looked down on Pete for being gay, even before he knew he was attracted to him. And when he realized, there was no gay panic: he wanted Pete so he pursued him.

Pete's coming out and his love story with Ae is what most gay kids can only dream of. It's not 'boring' because it's something rarely seen on TV at all, if ever. The love Ae and Pete have for each other and the love they received from their family and friends makes me believe that I can receive those things too.

I'm sad to say it but goodbye Ae, Pete, Tin, and Can. In Pete's words: will we meet again by chance?

42 minutes ago, winetart said:

The writer has to be the most inconsistent writer on the planet to write rape as a love story while also making it a point of angst IN THE SAME STORY. Watching Kengkla rape a drunk Techno and then seeing the next scene where Tar cries about how he was drugged and raped, was jarring. I'm glad we won't be getting a spin off of them since New hates the agency that the actors are from.

Last I heard, it wasn't a no,  just a not confirmed. Though I'll accept it if I'm wrong. And anyway. He never said he hated the actors. If he still wants to work with them, he can do as he pleases. I don't see why he has to ditch the actors simply because he disliked their agency. If I did that in my work, I would lose out on meeting some great people.

12 hours ago, deltos said:

I am so ready for the novel In fact, I am ready for all her novels, even the controversial ones. Lets do this thing Mame!

As for the Hail Mary Pass, I'm hoping someone will catch it and I hope when they do, they will use the same actors. It will be disappointing to not have P'New but I am willing to give it a chance. I am always willing to watch BL. I'll even give the new 2M a chance.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, aniola said:

tumblr_phq5eoPWZS1xrofwko3_250.gif<-- definitely one of my favorite scene from "OffGun"-trailer.:D

OMG I am so ready for 2019!!!!!! Just get here already! :D:D

25 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Last I heard, it wasn't a no,  just a not confirmed. Though I'll accept it if I'm wrong. And anyway. He never said he hated the actors. If he still wants to work with them, he can do as he pleases. I don't see why he has to ditch the actors simply because he disliked their agency. If I did that in my work, I would lose out on meeting some great people.

I am so ready for the novel In fact, I am ready for all her novels, even the controversial ones. Lets do this thing Mame!

As for the Hail Mary Pass, I'm hoping someone will catch it and I hope when they do, they will use the same actors. It will be disappointing to not have P'New but I am willing to give it a chance. I am always willing to watch BL. I'll even give the new 2M a chance.

Reveal hidden contents

OMG I am so ready for 2019!!!!!! Just get here already! :D:D

I think what is frustrating is that viewers of LBC are left walking around with one shoe. You can move around with one..but two is so much better. I'm waiting for the simple BL drama - based on ONE book...with a beginning, middle, and end..not these multi-novels. LOTR shot for almost two years straight to have the complete story.  Let's hope the director of 2M2 is paying attention and taking the time and doing his due diligence before signing actors, and include some  contractual restraints...( if you act up...there is a consequence).   

Spoiler

2019 looks good on a lot of levels.. funny that clip (Theory of Love)  has over 1Mil views compared to the others. Blue Kiss comes second with 8OOK+/- . Gmm might just have a few winners next year.  Couple new C-drama's are hitting the deck so...bring it !  

49 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I never said he hates the actors, but his issue is DIRECTLY with their managers. Their managers and the whole agency are the entire reason for the conflict and the reason we won't be getting a second season. They bullied Saint out of events and made the cast environment so toxic that New decided to stop making the show. This interview confirms it.

(Twitter translation source here)

When an argument appeared around you, were you anxious to be in the middle of it?

Yes, very anxious. Actually I met the 5 boys earlier. They were in the same company but after that there was a change which I did not even know about, but I still kept trying my best over and over again to solve the problem until eventually I gave up. I had to say I wasn’t involved in the mess and fade away. Being a director is already a tough job but the mess had a bad impact on me in the middle so I decided it was better to walk away.

Is there chance to work with the boys’ team in the future?

As I see for now I think it’s pretty hard. I want to work at a place where I can feel the most comfortable. 

Have you talked to the boys about this conflict?

Not yet, but if you ask me, I am waiting. Yes I am, but still no one is coming for a talk.

Have your feelings towards the boys changed?

There was a moment I felt it started from 0 and started rising to a level I was satisfied with. I was happy having a lot of fun with them, but one day when there was a conflict, the feeling changed.

Did you make a contract between the cast and your team?  

The contract is just a piece of paper. When it comes to a final point, It’s just how they see which thing is more important.

Are you disappointed? 

Of course, terribly disappointed. I put my whole effort into this series, but look! What do I get at the end!?

tl;dr

• His feelings for the actors have changed.
  • None of them have even apologized to him.
  • He's pissed.
  • Their team made him feel so uncomfortable and anxious on set that he didn't want to continue making the show.

Do you think a spin off is happening? Any possible LBC spin offs with actors from that agency are in the trash unless their managers get themselves together. He sounds extremely hurt by all of this and by them. He'll never work with them again and in the future I think he'll make sure 90% of his cast isn't from one agency.

Archived