Genre: Fiction, Romance, Comedy

Episodes: 50

Director:

Broadcast Period: 4/23/2018

Cast:

Zhong Dan Ni

Thassapak Hsu

Synopsis:

Our heroine is a time-traveling person who becomes the daughter of an official who is then kidnapped to a bandits tribe where our hero is currently working as a spy. With her superb cooking and modern street smarts, she makes a name for herself while struggling to handle a fake marriage with the hero.

Cr avirtualvoyage

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

An animation / Donghua 中国动画 with the same title? I guess this is an IP with comic, TV series and animation.

From the comments on youtube, someone said the animation will only be available in 2019.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Cinderella’s Chef 萌妻食神

Just watched 12 episodes of this show. It’s short and the plot moves quickly. There is always a cliffhanger. 

I love all the modern references and how the lead character weaves in pop culture into the show. Compared to other time travel shows, where the characters all magically could adapt without slipping into their modern language terms, this show is refreshing and the lead character keeps using her own slang.

One thing that has been on my mind - how do the modern girls do without sanitary products for that time of the month when they go back to the past? This show actually talks about it. 

At the same time, there are the obligatory martial arts, plot to overthrow the king, secret chamber and even brothel scenes. 

Really love this show. For thise who don't understand Mandarin, I guess you have to wait a while. I wish I discovered this show a little later. Can’t binge! 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:21 PM, angelangie said:

lets it finish airing first before i decide to take it up :) 

It is actually not that bad.. though I feel there might be a season 2 at this rate. The drama has so much comedy and cheesy romance. :D

Hai. I was watching these in HBn account in youtube. So funny. I love the couple The new 3rd Brother and The Cinderella. They always banter but care to each other. So far episode 7th without english sub.

It was dark comedy and light romance. Not historical accurate but I love it.

Ye Jinxuan the Cinderella and Qiu Chunyu the Bandit :heart:

I was searching for spoiler but there is none. It really scary to see the funny drama end up sad ending or become angst. I avoided that. So far. Cinderella Chef is funny slapstic comedy :) and I really love it!!! Till know, I always keep coming back in youtube to watch it.

Thanks you HBN for not blocking my country. I love you!!

On 5/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, thunderman1 said:

It is actually not that bad.. though I feel there might be a season 2 at this rate. The drama has so much comedy and cheesy romance. :D

Cheesy romance? My kind of thing!
I've watched the first ep. I liked it so far, despite not being a super rom-com person.

HLBN (https://www.youtube.com/user/hlbnchina/playlists) might remove it if it got licensed. Some of its series are blocked from being view.

Now HBN private their videos (sigh). Is there anybody know about spoiler?

I want to know what happened after episode 12. They private their videos TT.TT

Who is Xia Chunyu? At first I thought he was assassin because he was using secret weapon. But now I suspect him as one of the Prince or a General?

If he was Prince then Cinderella did marry a Prince :D

Why...why... the videos being private TT.TT

On 5/4/2018 at 6:49 PM, seawaterwitch said:

Now HBN private their videos (sigh). Is there anybody know about spoiler?

Who is Xia Chunyu? At first I thought he was assassin because he was using secret weapon. But now I suspect him as one of the Prince or a General?

Here is the link to eps 13 but in a small screen.

Suprisely, I like this drama as well bez I originally was watching OH my emperor first but I keep getting updates on this drama. I was bored so I decided to watch it and found it entertaining. I like this drama better than Oh My Emperor. Better fighting, more budget, scenery is better and better acting.

Also, I really like the chemistry between the leads but I do agree with others the main girl is sometime too annoying. Also, I don't know how I feel about the main guy bez I do find him good looking but I don't like how he treats her during eps 12. He slaps her and never apologize which u see it in eps 13. I don't like it. Also, I like the second lead Ding Qi but from the opening song he looks like a tragic ending for him bez u can see he lose his left arm. 

I like that he loves her equally like XC. I can't wait for more jealous scenes.

Love it. Lol

On 05/05/2018 at 9:49 AM, seawaterwitch said:

Ep 13

he pretended to have sneaked out for a rendezvous with the other girl. 

The spy took the blame for him, so he got out of this.

Xia Chunyu should be an aristocrat, could be a prince but not the heir to the throne.

I’m at ep 18. They release 6 episodes on every Monday night.

The first 18 eps are out raw with the first 12-13 subbed on youtube. 

I like this drama a lot so far. I am hoping that we do not get to the last 4 eps before we are shown how she ended up back in her time and how they will be reunited. What caught my interest the most was the first few mins of episode 1 where we see them both getting ready only to be given a few seconds to glance at one another across time with Xia Chunyu able to say he loves her and her to mouth the words back before the connection from his pond to her mirror ends. I am also interested in how they ended up with two rings and I could have sworn her ring broke in one episode but we see it back on her finger fixed later. With the episode now being subbed I am going back to re watch them to see what I missed in the first pass. 

What ever happened to the Science guy who took her to the lab? I thought he was pulled in too. Is he someone near her already or did he go a different place? This just means I need to watch again and again with subs to answer my questions. One thing I can see is Xia Chunyu likes our lead girl too. I was hoping they would get one uninterrupted moment to share a kiss finally or sleep together. But seeing as how he is trying to push her away (I can only assume it is to protect her) by acting like he wants that other girl (who I suspects likes him) I do not know when we will see him and our lead finally admit they like/love one another and share a moment making their marriage real on all points. 

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The first 18 eps are out raw with the first 12-13 subbed on youtube. 

I like this drama a lot so far. I am hoping that we do not get to the last 4 eps before we are shown how she ended up back in her time and how they will be reunited. What caught my interest the most was the first few mins of episode 1 where we see them both getting ready only to be given a few seconds to glance at one another across time with Xia Chunyu able to say he loves her and her to mouth the words back before the connection from his pond to her mirror ends. I am also interested in how they ended up with two rings and I could have sworn her ring broke in one episode but we see it back on her finger fixed later. With the episode now being subbed I am going back to re watch them to see what I missed in the first pass. 

What ever happened to the Science guy who took her to the lab? I thought he was pulled in too. Is he someone near her already or did he go a different place? This just means I need to watch again and again with subs to answer my questions. One thing I can see is Xia Chunyu likes our lead girl too. I was hoping they would get one uninterrupted moment to share a kiss finally or sleep together. But seeing as how he is trying to push her away (I can only assume it is to protect her) by acting like he wants that other girl (who I suspects likes him) I do not know when we will see him and our lead finally admit they like/love one another and share a moment making their marriage real on all points. 

The science guy is the prince that XC is working for. U will see in later eps that the prince attitude changed 5 years bez he was sucked in before her. He wants to become emperor and he is evil.

i hope to see more scenes with the leads too. Lol

On Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 11:24 AM, vlvl1 said:

Here is the link to eps 13 but in a small screen.

Suprisely, I like this drama as well bez I originally was watching OH my emperor first but I keep getting updates on this drama. I was bored so I decided to watch it and found it entertaining. I like this drama better than Oh My Emperor. Better fighting, more budget, scenery is better and better acting.

Also, I really like the chemistry between the leads but I do agree with others the main girl is sometime too annoying. Also, I don't know how I feel about the main guy bez I do find him good looking but I don't like how he treats her during eps 12. He slaps her and never apologize which u see it in eps 13. I don't like it. Also, I like the second lead Ding Qi but from the opening song he looks like a tragic ending for him bez u can see he lose his left arm. 

I like that he loves her equally like XC. I can't wait for more jealous scenes.

Love it. Lol

Thanks. I was searching Xia Chunyu pictures accidentaly found videos with big screen. I found it in skymovie :heart:

On Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 11:49 AM, glassextreme said:

Ep 13

Hide contents

he pretended to have sneaked out for a rendezvous with the other girl. 

The spy took the blame for him, so he got out of this.

Xia Chunyu should be an aristocrat, could be a prince but not the heir to the throne.

I’m at ep 18. They release 6 episodes on every Monday night.

I aready at episode 24 in skymovie site.

But I still coming back to HLBN in youtube for english subtittle. *_*

OMG.....Game of Thrones style happened. No!!!! TT.TT I hate when characters died. I love all of characters in Cinderella Chef. Writers team so cruel :bawling: is it because they want to start story arc 2 and the wipe out people in story arch 1 TT.TT

Noooooo!!!! Is it dream? There were no english sub in other sites. So many virus outside sites other than youtube. Youtube is clean. But for Cinderella Chef, I risk my phone lurking to the other sites.

I saw the trailer. Xia Chunyu married Yao Yao again. Xia Chunyu's mother is very beautiful and young.... and... I suspect Xia Chunyu has his own harem.... hm.... is he??? Noooooo TT.TT hm...what the usual novel said...uhm...bed warmer of girls? :dizzy:

I am big fans of Yao Yao and Xia Chunyu. They are so cute together. Independent 20th century free spirit girl married to ancient China chauvinish strict with decorum and a gentleman :grin:

Cinderella Chef and Prince James Bond :glasses:

On Monday, May 07, 2018 at 2:10 AM, vlvl1 said:

The science guy is the prince that XC is working for. U will see in later eps that the prince attitude changed 5 years bez he was sucked in before her. He wants to become emperor and he is evil.

i hope to see more scenes with the leads too. Lol

Oh I see. The handsome evil Prince. Thank you for the spoiler :heart:

On 5/11/2018 at 11:53 PM, seawaterwitch said:

OMG.....Game of Thrones style happened. No!!!! TT.TT I hate when characters died. I love all of characters in Cinderella Chef. Writers team so cruel :bawling: is it because they want to start story arc 2 and the wipe out people in story arch 1 TT.TT

Yes, everybody was wiped out. Why do they have to do this? 

Archived