Seoul_Broadcasting_System_logo.svg.png

Presents

❁Tԋҽ Uɳԃaƚҽ

aႦʅҽʂ ❁

SG4gXPOUbUoS636613747538663502.jpg

Director: Kim Yoo-Jin 

(My Heart Twinkle Twinkle , 2014)
Writer: Lee Jae-Yoon

(My Unfortunate Boyfriend, Tamra The Island)
Network: SBS
Episodes:
Release Date: May, 2018 --
Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 22:00 (35 minutes / 2 episodes per day)

Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Sʜᴏᴡ
Hoon-Nam (Namgoong Min) knows about love theoretically, but he rejects falling in love. Jung-Eum (Hwang Jung Eum)  wants to fall in love, but, due to her difficult situation, she gives up on finding love. Hoon-Nam and Jung-Eum meet and develop a relationship romantically. (Asianwiki)

A woman whose dream it is to marry and a man who has mentally dissected love meet and fall in love. (Hancinema)

Cᴀꜱᴛ ᴏғ Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ

DcT7e1xW0AAQ2dW.jpg

Namgoong Min as Hoon-nam

DcT7faEW4AUeIJv.jpg

Hwang Jung-Eum - Jung-Eum

Choi Tae-Joon - Choi Joon-Soo
Oh Yoon-Ah - Coach Yang
Shim Hye-Jin - Go Eun-Nim (Hoonam's mother)
Nam Kyoung-Eub - Kang Jung-Do
Jo Dal-Hwan - Charlie
Jung Moon-Sung - Yook Ryong
Lee Moon-Sik - Yoo Seung-Ryeol (Jung Eum's father)
Jung Young-Joo
Myeong Ji-Yeon
Baek Ji-Won
Seo Dong-Won
Seo Eun-Woo
Jin Ye-Sol

namgoong-min-hwang-jung-eum.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LyraYoo, thank you for starting the thread for this drama... 

Exciting to see their reunion.

~~~~~~~

Nam Goong Min & Hwang Jung Eun set to reunite in new drama 7 years after 'Can You Hear My Heart?'
hwang-jung-eum-nam-goong-min.jpg

Nam Goong Min and Hwang Jung Eum are back together again for a new drama after 7 years.

Both actors were previously in talks to star in new SBS Wed-Thurs drama, 'Handsome Guy Manual', and as of March 14, it's been confirmed that the two have accepted their roles. The drama tells the story of a man who refuses to date and a woman who's given up on dating after repeated failures, as they help other people around them with their love lives. 

Back in 2011, Nam Goong Min and Hwang Jung Eun worked together for the hit MBC series, 'Can You Hear My Heart?'. This will also mark Hwang Jung Eum's return to the small-screen since giving birth to her first child!

'Handsome Guy Manual' will air some time this May.

source

Hwang Jung-eum, Namgoong Min to pair up in new drama

hwang-jung-eum-nam-goong-min-hoon-nam-ju

Date: March 14, 2018 Author: tipsyahjumma

After seven long years, these two stars will finally reunite!

Namgoong Min (Chief Kim) and Hwang Jung-eum (Lucky Romance) have both accepted offers to lead upcoming SBS drama, Hoon Nam Jung Eum (Handsome Guy and Jung Eum).

Hoon Nam Jung Eum will revolve around the story of a man who is a supposed love expert but doesn’t date, and a woman who seeks love but has already given up on it due to the harsh reality of life.

Namgoong Min detailed his reason for accepting the project, “I was drawn to the character of Kang Hoon Nam, an expert on the theory of love. Please expect to see another [side of me] that you have not seen before.”

On the other hand, Hwang Jung-eum cited how she felt the drama’s heartwarming story the first time she read the script. She stated, “I’m excited to start filming the drama as if I’m about to go on a trip. I want to portray these feelings of excitement to the viewers.”

This project will be the two’s reunion after starring in the 2011 series Can You Hear My Heart.

Hoon Nam Jung Eum is penned by writer Lee Jae-yoon, who worked in MBC’s 2009 seriesTamra, the Island.  It is slated to air sometime in May replacing Return and Switch: Change the World.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/hwang-jung-eum-namgoong-min-to-pair-up-in-new-drama/

• 2 weeks later...

@Jloves, thank you for the casting news.... Below is a short article about it.

Shim Hye-jin to Play Namgoong Min's Mother in "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum"

photo960260.jpg

Actress Shim Hye-jin is starring in the new SBS drama "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum".

She takes on the role of Ko Eun-nim, Hoon-nam's (Namgoong Min) mother, who devotes her everything for her politician husband. She's like a friend to her son, but her charisma gives her the power in the house.

"Handsome Guy and Jung-eum" is about Hoon-nam who doesn't believe in love meeting Jung Eum who dreams of love and realizing the value of love.

"Handsome Guy and Jung-eum" stars Namgoong Min and Hwang Jung-eum.

Source

On 3/30/2018 at 4:33 PM, irilight said:

@Jloves, thank you for the casting news.... Below is a short article about it.

Shim Hye-jin to Play Namgoong Min's Mother in "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum"

Actress Shim Hye-jin is starring in the new SBS drama "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum".

She takes on the role of Ko Eun-nim, Hoon-nam's (Namgoong Min) mother, who devotes her everything for her politician husband. She's like a friend to her son, but her charisma gives her the power in the house.

"Handsome Guy and Jung-eum" is about Hoon-nam who doesn't believe in love meeting Jung Eum who dreams of love and realizing the value of love.

"Handsome Guy and Jung-eum" stars Namgoong Min and Hwang Jung-eum.

Source

You're welcome chingu :D & Thank you also for this article :)

Now, we'll wait for the casting news of other supporting casts ^_^

EDIT:

another casting news ^_^

@LyraYoo Thanks for making this thread 

So excited for this drama, not expecting much as it's a rom-com but hopefully it will be entertaining at least. 

My two favourite actors as leads

and now Choi Tae-joon is also confirmed I think as Jung Eum best friend (wonder when will he get a main lead role poor guy). 

Btw I'm a returning soompi forum user, so I don't know about the new rules etc. I would appreciate your guidance if I wrote something I'm not supposed to. I will also read the rules when I have time. 

Peace & Love ❤️ 

Choi Tae Joon In Talks To Join Hwang Jung Eum And Namgoong Min In New Drama

Choi-Tae-Joon-Hwang-Jung-Eum-Nam-Goong-Min.jpg

Actor Choi Tae Joon may be joining Hwang Jung Eum and Namgoong Min in a new SBS drama!

On April 9, his agency Huayi Brothers stated, “Choi Tae Joon was offered a role in ‘Hoon Nam Jung Eum’ (romanized title) and is positively considering it.”

“Hoon Nam Jung Eum” is a romantic story about Hoon Nam (Namgoong Min) who knows about love theoretically but refuses to fall in love and Jung Eum (Hwang Jung Eum) who wants to fall in love but gives up due to her difficult circumstances.

If Choi Tae Joon accepts the role, he will be playing Jung Eum’s friend Choi Jun Soo who is a friendly doctor with handsome looks. He has a close relationship to Jung Eum that is something between a friend and a lover.

Other supporting actors who are confirmed to star in the drama include Oh Yoon Ah, Jo Dal Hwan, Jung Moon Sung, Lee Moon Shik, Shim Hye Jin, and Nam Kyung Eup.

“Hoon Nam Jung Eum” will air in May following the conclusion of “Switch

cr

First photo together Hwang Jung Eum and Nam Goong Min! I have been waiting to see them together for so long, finally. 

I hope that's not HJE  actual character hairstyle. We need more photos!

DQmXwhTyamyZKMqUxMygqKWVd8ShpNGJC3wZtTti7m9qSXb_1680x8400

viewimage.php?id=25a8de27e8&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef84fa11d028318f52c0eeb141bee560297996d462c89e75204d16cedb8cc6434b720d96e66aca4d78b89687f1f70f0c313a94

Photo credit to owner

9 hours ago, twittybird said:

@mimi74,I think that will be her hairstyle though, I wonder why she "hates'" longer hair? Anyway, she is always pretty either in one, and i guess she's more comfortable in short locks.:):)

I wonder the same thing lol! She looked pretty with long hair in 2014. Well if the hairstyle is not on point, then I hope the character fashion sense is on point. 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, mimi74 said:

I wonder the same thing lol! She looked pretty with long hair in 2014. Well if the hairstyle is not on point, then I hope the character fashion sense is on point. 

haha, well, prepare to be disappointed , I can see glimpses of those horrible Korean Fashion that doesn't make sense on the stills, anyway when Lucky Romance was airing I was indignant with her fashion, but now since I saw a "LOT" of more horrible fashion disasters, (look for fashion week articles so you can see the photos, I began to think that her wardrobes in LR are more fashionable, more tasteful and more pleasing to the eyes than those I saw on fashion shows attended by stars. I guess when you watch this one focus on something else that will distract your self from thinking about her fashion.:wub::tongue::tongue::wink:

4 minutes ago, twittybird said:

haha, well, prepare to be disappointed , I can see glimpses of those horrible Korean Fashion that doesn't make sense on the stills, anyway when Lucky Romance was airing I was indignant with her fashion, but now since I saw a "LOT" of more horrible fashion disasters, (look for fashion week articles so you can see the photos, I began to think that her wardrobes in LR are more fashionable, more tasteful and more pleasing to the eyes than those I saw on fashion shows attended by stars. I guess when you watch this one focus on something else that will distract your self from thinking about her fashion.:wub::tongue::tongue::wink:

I can just imagine their fashion sense :lol:! But in LR she was really pretty(especially the hair) so I didn't care about her gypsy fashion.

Look here, how handsome and stylish NGM is in the drama:blush: 

viewimageM.php?id=hunam&no=24b0d769e1d32

Photo credit to owner 

Archived