[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 hours ago, triplesung said:

Sorry. I can't even help you. I am in the exact same situation. :joy:

I tried Joy of Life, Skate into Love and Forget You Remember Love  but guess what? ELoD's youtube clips keep haunting me.

So glad to know I’m not the only one. :joy:
It was so hard to move on from the drama and now it seems nothing is good enough to watch. I just hope if they end up make a movie out of it just like they did with TMOPB it will be the same actor and actress. I just don’t and can’t think of anyone else will be suitable for the role of DH and FJ other than Vengo and Reba. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Honestly, I don’t know how many times I rewatch the scene but still couldn’t find him :joy:

Maybe I need to see the optometrist soon :) 

He's hard to find coz he's in all white, his hair's white, and his back was facing the camera, then the background is snow. I had to repeat and pause this scene before to find him! :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, triplesung said:

I just find it quite selfish of her to not think of BGG. Mothers naturally think of their child more than their partners. But I guess this just shows her love for DH.

She could have at least mentioned GG when they were both dying. 

As a mother myself I also thought it's not right to make such decisions like FJ and BQ who both seemed to be doesn't care what happened to their kid . But maybe Tang Qi as a young writer at 23 yrs old..I think(who seems doesn't know how strong the bond is between mother and her children)..when she wrote the books..so yeah but her imagination was as a Fox's clan not a human 's clan..:sweatingbullets:

FJ decision seems to be clouded her motherly instincts but ..I understand and agreed with @redfoxprincess reasoning tho

During and IMMEDIATELY after the 200 year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted LEAVING Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him.

Apparently It's a Bai's traditions... when they have a child, usually taking care of their children was either an uncle or an aunt.. it's was the same with FJ who grew up and learned from her Aunt Bai Qian and her 4th uncle Bai Zhen.. but for BGG  it's will be A-Li's turns to taking care of his little nephew BGG.

Remember, when A-Li seen FJ and DH accidentally kiss ( blindfolded kiss in the book) A-Li said: 

“Did Fengjiu jiejie just kiss Donghua gege? Am I going to have a nephew?” Then in dismay, he cried, “What am I going to
do, I still haven't prepared myself for a nephew.”

At least in BGG case , he had spent 197 yrs with his mom ...although it's seem like it's BGG who was taking care of his mother.:lol: 

PB1 page 34

When Fengjiu was little, her parents had wanted to build a love nest for just themselves, so for a long stretch of time she was tossed over into the
care of her aunt Bai Qian.
Growing up with this aunt, she did everything from snaring birds in the sky to catching fish in the stream. Once, she even plucked all the feathers clean from her fourth uncle's Jingwei bird12 while he was taking a nap.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

10 hours ago, triplesung said:

I just find it quite selfish of her to not think of BGG. Mothers naturally think of their child more than their partners. But I guess this just shows her love for DH.

She could have at least mentioned GG when they were both dying. 

As a mother myself I also thought it's not right to make such decisions like FJ and BQ who both seemed to be doesn't care what happened to their kid . But maybe Tang Qi as a young writer at 23 yrs old..I think(who seems doesn't know how strong the bond is between mother and her children)..when she wrote the books..so yeah but her imagination was as a Fox's clan not a human 's clan..:sweatingbullets:

FJ decision seems to be clouded her motherly instincts but ..I understand and agreed with @redfoxprincess reasoning tho

During and IMMEDIATELY after the 200 year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted LEAVING Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him.

Apparently It's a Bai's traditions... when they have a child, usually taking care of their children was either an uncle or an aunt.. it's was the same with FJ who grew up and learned from her Aunt Bai Qian and her 4th uncle Bai Zhen.. but for BGG  it's will be A-Li's turns to taking care of his little nephew BGG.

Remember, when A-Li seen FJ and DH accidentally kiss ( blindfolded kiss in the book) A-Li said: 

“Did Fengjiu jiejie just kiss Donghua gege? Am I going to have a nephew?” Then in dismay, he cried, “What am I going to

At least in BGG case , he had spent 197 yrs with his mom ...although it's seem like it's BGG who was taking care of his mother.:lol: 

PB1 page 34

When Fengjiu was little, her parents had wanted to build a love nest for just themselves, so for a long stretch of time she was tossed over into the
care of her aunt Bai Qian.
Growing up with this aunt, she did everything from snaring birds in the sky to catching fish in the stream. Once, she even plucked all the feathers clean from her fourth uncle's Jingwei bird12 while he was taking a nap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

LMAO! Poor Ali! But since it's DH FJ is married to, he might not need to worry he'll babysit full time his nephews and nieces. Maybe once in a while, when they're out counting stars. Besides, BGG is a sweetheart, he won't give a hard time to Ali. :innocent:

Ali should ask the other uncles to have children, and BQ and YH for siblings. Wait...that seems like an announcement that DH and FJ are filling up Tai Chen Palace with cubs! :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4

When Shen Ye died did DH acquired his memory? Because when Aranya's essence entered FJ's body she gained Aranya's memory but they never mentioned about SY's. Also did DH ever found out in details what happened in the mortal realm? 

20 minutes ago, pawla said:

When Shen Ye died did DH acquired his memory? Because when Aranya's essence entered FJ's body she gained Aranya's memory but they never mentioned about SY's. Also did DH ever found out in details what happened in the mortal realm? 

Yes, the memories of SY entered DH in the series. Happened while fighting some soldiers of rival tribe, one of them possessed by ML. While DH was momentarily stunned, ML took back her red Qi from FJ's body.

Re: mortal realm, he knew the story in the scroll from Si Ming, but he has a different recollection in his dreams of what happened. LS told him his mortal general was the one FJ wanted to save with saha fruit, and that FJ went to the mortal realm for DH to repay the debt of gratitude.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pawla said:

They don't mentioned about DH got Shen Ye's memory. I have a question. I dont understand when DH putted Shen Ye and Araya's soul or fate in a plant to realise DH and FS's fate together. They where af of there shadow? But i dont think they say that DH got Shen Ye's souvenirs in him. 

3 minutes ago, Immortal-Louiza said:

They don't mentioned about DH got Shen Ye's memory. I have a question. I dont understand when DH putted Shen Ye and Araya's soul or fate in a plant to realise DH and FS's fate together. They where af of there shadow? But i dont think they say that DH got Shen Ye's souvenirs in him. 

Yes we see during the fight that the soul of Shen Ye goes back to DH. But we dont see a thing that he have his memory or souvenir as Fenjiu experience in front oh Shen Ye. Because he drank the potion....

32 minutes ago, Immortal-Louiza said:

In the novel and series, Shen Ye and Aranya were supposed to be a fated couple, but due to Su Moye, they didn't have a life together. Due to the ill-fated couple and FJ's devotion to DH, heavens took pity, and transferred that fate to DH and FJ. That is how, finally, DH and FJ were able to meet each other.

In the book, DH separated from FJ the essences of Aranya, and sealed the soul of her shadow along with that of Shen Ye in a four seasons tree sapling. (PB2, pp350-351) In the series, DH and FJ were planting a sapling containing their shadows' souls, in the hope that after millions of years, Aranya and Shen Ye would have a life together.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

while I am really glad Dong Hua doesn’t let Jiheng blackmail him or whatever. I am curious about her choice of wish.

jiheng’s wish had been for DH to divorce Feng Jiu and stay single forever. Right after he rejected her request to be his maid, mind you.

but why didn’t she just use the scale to be his concubine? Ok, granted, she could have wished to be the main empress, etc, or even used the scale to wish he would hire her as a maid.

like, she literally could have used the wish to stay with Dijun forever in any sort of status, and instead chooses to really antagonize Dong Hua by blackmailing him. (I don’t know a more appropriate term for what she is doing with the scale)

she chose the wish of DH’s enemy rather the wish of a lovestruck admirer.

even if she wanted Dong Hua to genuinely love her, did she honestly want Dong Hua to hate her?

Well, all in all, DH would have rejected her wish anyway.

Excerption from the book

PB1 page 12 & 13

In this world, there's nothing easier than loving Dijun, but there's nothing more
difficult than receiving his love.

She buried her face into her palms, tears seeping through her fingers. “In
hindsight, Zhihe and I weren't any different, but funnily enough, I used to
hate her. To Dijun, there are only two kinds of women in this world: the
one who can be his queen, and everyone else.

There were times when I wondered why Dijun didn't make me into that special someone. But today I finally understand, there's actually no such thing as karma and reason, it's all luck and chance.”

Just my perspective and interpretation of JH character..just for fun.:D

I find that JH character very complicated confusing character. When she uttered those words(highlighted bolded words) I think she  believe that DH saved FJ is ....not because DH love FJ but because FJ was in trouble (trapped in Aranya Dream).

JH thought DH choose to saved FJ because of FJ's luck to be in those situation just like DH help her when she was in trouble ..help her to cure her illness..and asked her to stay in Fanyin village to recuperated.

Maybe when she decided to used her father crystal badge ( in the book) Scale ( in drama) she did knew that DH incapable in love..well at least according to her .. that why she only asking DH to divorce his wife to leave the position empty, she took a chances for DH to fullfil her wished and she try her luck getting poison second time because she know DH will saved her regardless which DH really do that even it's a promised he did with her father to cure her.

She didn't aksed for DH to love her. She just wanted to become his Empress because despite lack of love ..... yes she know DH will never love her but at least she would have all the luck..the luckiest one if she managed to become his Empress she already become that someone special..

JH is a person who is cunningly selfish, lack of morality, delusional and pretentious. Her own words "there's actually no such thing as karma and reason" 

someday will come bite her in the richard simmons. Maybe she never heard of 

"What's goes around comes around":)

What she didn't know is DH already deeply in love with FJ. He tried everything to make FJ become his, his love his everything. He will sacrifice everything for her because she is the one and the only woman he ever love , will be forever his love . Xiao Bai is his whole world his universe from heaven to earth. The one who love him best and he love her equally the same...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He's hard to find coz he's in all white, his hair's white, and his back was facing the camera, then the background is snow. I had to repeat and pause this scene before to find him! :sweat_smile:

Finalllyy after being soo persistent trying to find it, pause it, screen shot it and observe it. I found his silhouette among the snowy background. 
Now I can make peace with my self:lol:.

• LOL 6

31 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

JH is a person who is cunningly selfish, lack of morality, delusional and pretentious. Her own words "there's actually no such thing as karma and reason" 

Where's @vivi0303's mom? :lol: 

JH karma should be her being virtually alone, with nobody she can really call as a friend, and her subjects always plotting to overthrow her.

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Excerption from the book

PB1 page 12 & 13

In this world, there's nothing easier than loving Dijun, but there's nothing more
difficult than receiving his love.

She buried her face into her palms, tears seeping through her fingers. “In
hindsight, Zhihe and I weren't any different, but funnily enough, I used to
hate her. To Dijun, there are only two kinds of women in this world: the
one who can be his queen, and everyone else.

There were times when I wondered why Dijun didn't make me into that special someone. But today I finally understand, there's actually no such thing as karma and reason, it's all luck and chance.”

Just my perspective and interpretation of JH character..just for fun.:D

I find that JH character very complicated confusing character. When she uttered those words(highlighted bolded words) I think she  believe that DH saved FJ is ....not because DH love FJ but because FJ was in trouble (trapped in Aranya Dream).

JH thought DH choose to saved FJ because of FJ's luck to be in those situation just like DH help her when she was in trouble ..help her to cure her illness..and asked her to stay in Fanyin village to recuperated.

Maybe when she decided to used her father crystal badge ( in the book) Scale ( in drama) she did knew that DH incapable in love..well at least according to her .. that why she only asking DH to divorce his wife to leave the position empty, she took a chances for DH to fullfil her wished and she try her luck getting poison second time because she know DH will saved her regardless which DH really do that even it's a promised he did with her father to cure her.

She didn't aksed for DH to love her. She just wanted to become his Empress because despite lack of love ..... yes she know DH will never love her but at least she would have all the luck..the luckiest one if she managed to become his Empress she already become that someone special..

What she didn't know is DH already deeply in love with FJ. He tried everything to make FJ become his, his love his everything. He will sacrifice everything for her because she is the one and the only woman he ever love , will be forever his love . Xiao Bai is his whole world his universe from heaven to earth. The one who love him best and he love her equally the same...

Thank you for your interesting input.

it is very interesting to see it that way if Jiheng indeed thought so.

she believed DH couldn’t love but the dude definitely honoured his debts (you know, for a shameless guy, Dong Hua actually has honor...quite a conundrum or paradox?) so I’m guessing in this perspective, Jiheng believed Dong Hua was only marrying Feng Jiu to make up for robbing her of the fruit and thereby endangering her life (if that was the case, what a kick JH must have been giving herself).

JH... if this is the case, you are truly deluded. Of course DH loves FJ, all those embraces and kisses and handholdings were from love! You saw them! No one would do that if their marriage was in name only.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 1:54 PM, Yori Ten said:

In PB, during the Maiden Festival, FJ brought XZ around and pampered him with gifts because it made him happy. It was all from her POV. She wanted to recreate the happiness of childhood for him. She treated him as if he was a child. Although in the adaptation, FJ have already found out about XZ's real identity, she did the same for DH. Again, the scene was also filmed from FJ's POV. I was following a very interesting discussion on this. Have you thought about DH's POV. What was he thinking and why he reacted in that particular way? I would love to read your thoughts.

I believe he isn’t particularly happy to be treated like a child. He wants to be pampered by Feng Jiu but also for their relationship to be romantic rather than maternal lol

however he brought FJ out specifically to make her happy; so he lets her treat him like a child.

but I believe he was truly happy when she gave him a fox mask.

change of subject...

im reading old comments about the tea scene and I got irritated that Dong Hua said both FJ and JH’s tea were equal. I don’t mind he chose JH as the winner since he was upset with FJ. I mind that he made their teas equal.

not sure why though...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Thank you for your interesting input.

it is very interesting to see it that way if Jiheng indeed thought so.

she believed DH couldn’t love but the dude definitely honoured his debts (you know, for a shameless guy, Dong Hua actually has honor...quite a conundrum or paradox?) so I’m guessing in this perspective, Jiheng believed Dong Hua was only marrying Feng Jiu to make up for robbing her of the fruit and thereby endangering her life (if that was the case, what a kick JH must have been giving herself).

JH... if this is the case, you are truly deluded. Of course DH loves FJ, all those embraces and kisses and handholdings were from love! You saw them! No one would do that if their marriage was in name only.

In that case, a good way to mentally torture JH. ;) She tried to rob what FJ won, and drive her away from DH with her lies, yet JH ended up losing what she coveted. She sure did try again with blackmail, but that gave the opening for DH to equally demand without dishonouring Meng Hao for a total end of any association with JH. :)

How shallow, and how stupid, for trying to go against an ancient war hero deity, who united all realms, to fulfill a promise with the most contemptible and loathsome demands. Honestly...discarding his wife, his empress, because a delusional brat asked?

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 3