[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

47 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

With the gossipy nature of immortals in Jiuchongtian, unless the generals are in seclusion or had also died, do you suppose they still don't know the shenanigans of Ji Heng to their respected DHDJ?

Only few people know about Dong Hua returning Jiheng home. Otherwise they would have known why the wedding wasn’t held or changed to a banquet.

• Unamused 1

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

Only few people know about Dong Hua returning Jiheng home. Otherwise they would have known why the wedding wasn’t held or changed to a banquet.

Though there would be no open talk of how and why DH lost FJ, it doesn't mean no one knows anything apart from others in the know. For a search party that big, and long? One or two inkling only needs to be correlated, if they were willing. :)

Since they hadn't yet found a hobby, gossiping naturally became the most important endeavor for the younger fairies who had recently ascended to immortality. Whether one was doing the tattling or the listening, the main character in these gossips must be someone both sides knew. That way, it would stay interesting for the both of them. The first deity these fairies had the pleasure to meet after ascending to Heaven was of course Lord Shaoyang of the Donghua Estate, Donghua Dijun of the 13th heaven. 

Coincidentally, the biggest scandal in the fairy realm within the past 200 years had to do with Dijun's losing his young bride. 

As rumors had it, Dijun's wife was quite a character despite her young age. 
She was the niece of High Deity Bai Qian, Jiuchongtian's crown princess, and the granddaughter of Bai Zhi Dijun from Qingqiu. Moreover, she had inherited the throne in Qingqiu since 400 years ago. During the Bingcang ceremony 200 years ago, she had sealed the Hexu sword into Tangting summit by passing a one-hundred-swordsman maze while she was blindfolded with a red sash. Her grace had stolen the hearts of everyone that day. Among the realm's beauties, she was ranked only second to her aunt, Bai Qian. 

After hearing the rumors, everyone wanted to meet Dijun's bride. They were even more curious as to why Dijun had lost her. However, they could only talk about his personal affair in secret; not everyone could bear the consequences of sticking one's nose where it didn't belong. No one dared to find out. They only vaguely heard that after the lady went missing, relations between Qingqiu and Taichen Palace seemed to become fairly strained. Dijun, who lost his wife, turned the world upside down searching for her for the past 200 years. In contrast, the Bai family who lost their child curiously did nothing.(PB2, p433)

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

If he has never expressed any interest whatsoever in Ji Heng means it has been one-sided on Ji Heng's part and would never qualify as Dong Hua abandoning her.

The noisy few that contends Ji Heng is a love hero alleges that DH abandoned her :sweat_smile: Uhm, not so sure anymore if they watched the same series...though really wanted to know how they see her that way. I hope it's just drunk posting. 

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 2

52 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

i felt heartbroken for FJ and the fact those scene was just a made up/fabricated... make me feel even worst...damn the script writer!! one of the scene I felt resentful toward DH..so miffed with him.

make me want to smack HARD in the back of his head.

This is also one of the reason the love hero fangirls came up with to prove that there is JH in his heart. Another is the restaurant scene when DH asked JH why did she touched that plant that she is allergic to. If DH did not care for JH, he wouldn't be upset that JH got her hand hurt from making soup. Just imagine that if FJ didn't come in between, from the time that he cared for JH, seeing her in Fanyin Valley for a period of time, and how JH also accompanied him and shared his interest in pottery making, tea, poetry and music, love could have blossomed. So, what is so bad about her? She asked for the Pimpo fruit? Her man is being snatched under he nose!! She did what she had to. She fought for her love. She blackmailed DH with her father's claw? Her man is being stolen! She had the only one thing that could keep him, why is it wrong for her to use it? And on and on....:phew:

• Like 4
  • Unamused 3

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Though making JH faint saved the viewers a very bloody scene at the snow stakes, it rankles to see her carried by DH when others are there too to assist if asked.

Oh yeah, whoever says again that JH was abandoned by DH, tofu to ram to their head please.

At that time I was thinking.. why DH just conjures a "flying bed" to carry her limp body  instead of he himself personally carried her..it really hurt my heart to watched DH carried another woman other than FJ.

Although at first JH character was being possessed by dark spirits (Miaoluo ) hence she became  evil , doesn't change the fact she is despicable when she telling FJ her delulu story about the reason Why DH gave her Saha fruit.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, Yori Ten said:

This is also one of the reason the love hero fangirls came up with to prove that there is JH in his heart. Another is the restaurant scene when DH asked JH why did she touched that plant that she is allergic to. If DH did not care for JH, he wouldn't be upset that JH got her hand hurt from making soup. Just imagine that if FJ didn't come in between, from the time that he cared for JH, seeing her in Fanyin Valkey for a period of time, and how JH also accompanied him and shared his interest in pottery making, tea, poetry and music, love could have blossomed. So, what is so bad about her? She asked for the Pimpo fruit? Her man is being snatched under he nose!! She did what she had to. She fought for her love. She blackmailed DH with her father's claw? Her man is being stolen! She had the only one thing that could keep him, why is it wrong for her to use it? And on and on....:phew:

The only reason why he even cared is because of his promise to her father. But in the book he told her somewhere he doesn't like to take care of people who think too much about him. I think that's the scene before he left with FJ and went back to nine heavens together with her.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

This is also one of the reason the love hero fangirls came up with to prove that there is JH in his heart. Another is the restaurant scene when DH asked JH why did she touched that plant that she is allergic to. If DH did not care for JH, he wouldn't be upset that JH got her hand hurt from making soup. Just imagine that if FJ didn't come in between, from the time that he cared for JH, seeing her in Fanyin Valley for a period of time, and how JH also accompanied him and shared his interest in pottery making, tea, poetry and music, love could have blossomed. So, what is so bad about her? She asked for the Pimpo fruit? Her man is being snatched under he nose!! She did what she had to. She fought for her love. She blackmailed DH with her father's claw? Her man is being stolen! She had the only one thing that could keep him, why is it wrong for her to use it? And on and on....:phew:

And when you force someone to love you, no good will ever come out of it.

Fine Literary example: - Tom Riddle's mum did that and look, he became Voldemort as he was not born with any love whatsoever.

Besides true love means you are willing to let that person go, to find happiness. Dong Hua did that after meeting her for what he thought is the last time. He let her go despite that breaking his own heart. But of course, true love will return if it's meant to be. Like in their case.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

At that time I was thinking.. why DH just conjures a "flying bed" to carry her limp body  instead of he himself personally carried her..it really hurt my heart to watched DH carried another woman other than FJ.

Although at first JH character was being possessed by dark spirits (Miaoluo ) hence she became  evil , doesn't change the fact she is despicable when she telling FJ her delulu story about the reason Why DH gave her Saha fruit.

Lol

Or he could have used magical rope to drag her back to her room :lol:

• LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The only reason why he even cared is because of his promise to her father. But in the book he told her somewhere he doesn't like to take care of people who think too much about him. I think that's the scene before he left with FJ and went back to nine heavens together with her.

In the series, he told her he dislikes taking care of someone who fancies him. At least that's the subbed translation? That was ep53 at Baishoui mountain, when she poisoned herself again. The dialogue before Ji Heng whipped that scale and told DH to divorce FJ, have no empress, and remain single as fulfillment of his promise to Meng Hao.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the series, he told her he dislikes taking care of someone who fancies him. At least that's the subbed translation? That was ep53 at Baishoui mountain, when she poisoned herself again. The dialogue before Ji Heng whipped that scale and told DH to divorce FJ, have no empress, and remain single as fulfillment of his promise to Meng Hao.

Book wise, he said he doesn't like to take care of someone who thinks too much about him. In the book she whipped out her fathers dragon claw.

The part of the arm that her father lost to save DH's life.

DH encased the claw in a crystal and gave it back to her father saying that he can use that to ask him for a favour.

Ji Heng found out what the claw meant and used it to blackmail Dong Hua.

Unfortunately for her, he hates people who blackmail him the most and so he cut her out from his life FOREVER.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Production cut all the Important scenes that would show JH in negative light, they only used such scenes where they can potray her as sympathetic.. which convinces me more that AL had lot to do with these changes.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • Insightful 3

15 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I really, really, honestly hope they were just drunk posting. Because I didn't see any upset DH, he was being factual over JH not touching that vine. Only JH brought up that DH remembers in that annoying way she speaks. As for her having same interests with DH, they forgot it seems that she ran away from that. :sweat_smile: There's no man to steal either, because JH traded him in favour of the only one she would marry, Minsu.:lol:

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Production cut all the Important scenes that would show JH in negative light, they only used such scenes where they can potray her as sympathetic.. which convinces me more that AL had lot to do with these changes.

Unfortunately for her, if that is what she did, it backfired very badly. Her character still ended up hated. Nor do I think it did good to her as well, making JH more "sympathetic"? Googling AL still shows that infamous pic first. Anyhow, just my thoughts, that her team should have put more effort scrubbing her image as they tried to put JH in positive light.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I really, really, honestly hope they were just drunk posting. Because I didn't see any upset DH, he was being factual over JH not touching that vine. Only JH brought up that DH remembers in that annoying way she speaks. As for her having same interests with DH, they forgot it seems that she ran away from that. :sweat_smile: There's no man to steal either, because JH traded him in favour of the only one she would marry, Minsu.:lol:

Anyway that was a planned fake wedding anyway. TQ made that very clear in her timeline

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Anyway that was a planned fake wedding anyway. TQ made that very clear in her timeline

It's also shown in the series that she's as much part of the fake wedding so she can run away. So I really can't see why there's a man to be stolen, as he wasn't hers in the first place.:sweatingbullets: Nor DH would allow anyone to decide for him who owns him. :phew:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Unfortunately for her, if that is what she did, it backfired very badly. Her character still ended up hated. Nor do I think it did good to her as well, making JH more "sympathetic"? Googling AL still shows that infamous pic first. Anyhow, that's just my thoughts, that her team would have also scrubbed her image as they tried to put JH in positive light.

She picked the role JH since she had the copyright to novel there was wide range of options (except for the role FJ) for her to play but she choose JH on her own..

If I remember correctly rumored casting was making rounds in 2014, her team couldn't come up with good choices of cast for main roles for years. then came EL , TMOPB  production tried their best to get the copyright for Second installment but AL didn't consider auditioning for TMOPB or selling them Rights but after the release of the drama she couldn't handle the shock of Dilraba and VG becoming popular for the roles of FJ and DH,

it was then many company pressured her to give rights for Pillow book when she became stubborn to play the role of FJ.. it took a lot of convincing and deals made with her to acquire the rights , so I feel like she was the one who made calls for changes for JH coz she had those powers..

• Unamused 1
  • Insightful 8

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Though there would be no open talk of how and why DH lost FJ, it doesn't mean no one knows anything apart from others in the know. For a search party that big, and long? One or two inkling only needs to be correlated, if they were willing. :)

In that case, I hope they know the true story instead of believing that DH had dumped Feng Jiu on her wedding day for the demon princess

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And when you force someone to love you, no good will ever come out of it.

Fine Literary example: - Tom Riddle's mum did that and look, he became Voldemort as he was not born with any love whatsoever.

Besides true love means you are willing to let that person go, to find happiness. Dong Hua did that after meeting her for what he thought is the last time. He let her go despite that breaking his own heart. But of course, true love will return if it's meant to be. Like in their case.

My first impression of literary true love is that of The Little Mermaid, original story of Hans Christian Andersen.

Even if she was given the chance to still live and be a mermaid again, she did not harm the Prince, and chose to turn into sea foam. She did, however, gain a soul.

There is an animated version of The Little Mermaid which was quite true to the story. She's named there as Marina.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My first impression of literary true love is that of The Little Mermaid, original story of Hans Christian Andersen.

Even if she was given the chance to still live and be a mermaid again, she did not harm the Prince, and chose to turn into sea foam. She did, however, gain a soul.

There is an animated version of The Little Mermaid which was quite true to the story. She's named there as Marina.

I am referring more to a love that isn't mutual but it's forced from one side. Tom Riddle's mother used a spell to compel his father to love her. That's part of the the root of why Voldemort became evil later. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2