[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 5/1/2020 at 5:35 AM, MayanEcho said:

Watch it, he's the highlight of the show! :joy:

I got a stitch watching the episode...but very sad he massacred the Thousand Year Wait song!!  Definitely did NOT give off any DH aura there!  It was good to see the Baizhen actor from TMOPB - didn't realise he was such a silent type of guy!  And of course Wayne Liu was so cute as always - bursting the balloons from all those angles and limbs ROFL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I kind of wish DH had seen who and how many were there in the date banquet organized by BQ for FJ. :joy: And if by chance they found/followed her at the hot spring. What will DH do. :lol:

He will find a way to make them disappear making sure their family won't notice..

• LOL 9

5 hours ago, Megan said:

In an AU scenario, what do you think would happen if Dong Hua, who has finally reunited with his Wife and Son, lost his memory and only remembers the ancient past.

this can be during any period, school day DH, ancient war DH, throwing demon ladies out of his house DH....

but what do you think would happen when he wakes up to find a beautiful woman he doesn’t recognise sleeping next to him, and himself in a bedroom he doesn’t recognise?

He most likely ask who she is and what is she doing in his bed. 

I assume, if DH fell in love with FJ at first sight, he would easily do so again the second time round. So he would probably happily carry 9n sleeping in the same bed!

He may be on guard at first, but I have little doubt FJ's charm will wear him down fast!

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Anybody know what would happen if DH recovered his mortal memory details in full?

how would he treat Feng Jiu? Well, we all know the answer but I want to hear imagination because the series is ended and I am hungry for more fanfiction updates.

how would he treat Jiheng?

DH would probably treat JH the same as always. 

Whereas with FJ, haha if he recovered his memory earlier on, there would be no Aranya's dream arc. He would probably seek out FJ earlier on and pulled his playboy moves to get FJ to marry him. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Food for thought:

while I am really glad Dong Hua doesn’t let Jiheng blackmail him or whatever. I am curious about her choice of wish.

jiheng’s wish had been for DH to divorce Feng Jiu and stay single forever. Right after he rejected her request to be his maid, mind you.

but why didn’t she just use the scale to be his concubine? Ok, granted, she could have wished to be the main empress, etc, or even used the scale to wish he would hire her as a maid.

like, she literally could have used the wish to stay with Dijun forever in any sort of status, and instead chooses to really antagonize Dong Hua by blackmailing him. (I don’t know a more appropriate term for what she is doing with the scale)

she chose the wish of DH’s enemy rather the wish of a lovestruck admirer.

even if she wanted Dong Hua to genuinely love her, did she honestly want Dong Hua to hate her?

Well, all in all, DH would have rejected her wish anyway.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

Hi guys, any recommendation of good fanfic? Just need something to keep me occupied during this lockdown situation as I have lost count how many times I rewatch the drama :)  Thanks

Check wattpad as well. A read a few good ones just recently.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

while I am really glad Dong Hua doesn’t let Jiheng blackmail him or whatever. I am curious about her choice of wish.

jiheng’s wish had been for DH to divorce Feng Jiu and stay single forever. Right after he rejected her request to be his maid, mind you.

but why didn’t she just use the scale to be his concubine? Ok, granted, she could have wished to be the main empress, etc, or even used the scale to wish he would hire her as a maid.

like, she literally could have used the wish to stay with Dijun forever in any sort of status, and instead chooses to really antagonize Dong Hua by blackmailing him. (I don’t know a more appropriate term for what she is doing with the scale)

even if she wanted Dong Hua to genuinely love her, did she honestly want Dong Hua to hate her?

Would DH even allow her to be his concubine? He's a one woman man. He has never married the whole time nor have any woman to..... umm... attend his needs? (maybe). He is loyal to FJ.

That's why DH transferred the toxin to his body so that she won't bother them anymore.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

Coz JH knows there are only two types of woman for dijun, 1)his queen and 2) rest of them 

She was the one who said this to YCW.. that's why she choose the more possible option, there is more chance she can force him to be a monk (like he used to be) then make him take concubines which is impossible in every sense.. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

54 minutes ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

JH was a desperate and irrational woman near the end of the drama. I think she knew she only had one chance. 

Deep down she knew DH would reject her wish and so she black mailed him, for that 0.0000001% chance he may agree.

• Unamused 3
  • Insightful 2

Was FJ even planning on telling DH about GG? Was she even thinking about GG when she was in the starlight ward? She was willing to die with DH without even thinking that GG would be left with no parents. Also, DH wouldn't get a chance to know he has a son.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I’m curious. What did Dong Hua mean by giving Feng Jiu freedom in their marriage?

beyond their wedding, Feng Jiu is still a queen and has to act proper in public. At Taichen she doesn’t have to do work because there are servants. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

JH was a desperate and irrational woman near the end of the drama. I think she knew she only had one chance. 

Deep down she knew DH would reject her wish and so she black mailed him, for that 0.0000001% chance he may agree.

But why not use some other wish that wouldn’t result in hatred? What made her think that Dijun was more likely to divorce his Wife than hire JH as a maid?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Would DH even allow her to be his concubine? He's a one woman man. He has never married the whole time nor have any woman to..... umm... attend his needs? (maybe). He is loyal to FJ.

That's why DH transferred the toxin to his body so that she won't bother them anymore.

I know he would never allow it. But I am curious why didn’t she just use her wish more wisely. I don’t know, force DH to accept her as a disciple or something.

we all know DH would never grant any wishes of JH but did she have to choose be despicable?

41 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Coz JH knows there are only two types of woman for dijun, 1)his queen and 2) rest of them 

She was the one who said this to YCW.. that's why she choose the more possible option, there is more chance she can force him to be a monk (like he used to be) then make him take concubines which is impossible in every sense.. 

If JH knew this...why did she ask to be a maid? Or just use the scale for The Maid wish? I’m confused.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

But why not use some other wish that wouldn’t result in hatred? What made her think that Dijun was more likely to divorce his Wife than hire JH as a maid?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I know he would never allow it. But I am curious why didn’t she just use her wish more wisely. I don’t know, force DH to accept her as a disciple or something.

we all know DH would never grant any wishes of JH but did she have to choose be despicable?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

If JH knew this...why did she ask to be a maid? Or just use the scale for The Maid wish? I’m confused.

DH knows that JH fancies him. DH is also aware that FJ had thought he liked JH from his previous indulging and granting JH's wishes.

To have a peaceful household, DH will never allow a maid or a disciple who fancies him to enter it. Why would he let someone who will have all the motivations to disrupt the harmony and relationship with FJ share their home?

Haven't JH lied to FJ about the fruit? Didn't she pretend that there was more than master-follower relationship to FJ, and warned her off DH? When FJ was a baby fox, didn't JH also took the credit for correcting LS knife blueprint? And after Aranya's dream, JH was barging uninvited to where DH and FJ were rooming. 

Surely you won't want that kind of person within your walls?

JH in the first place is despicable and despiteful for planning her poisoning again at Mt Baishui. She knew that will force DH to see her. As for the scale, she planned to use it because she knew DH deeply respects Meng Hao. 

Didn't DH tell JH that she is obnoxious because she has her father's scale, and the promise it represents? JH said Meng Hao never asked DH anything, so as fulfillment of the promise, he should divorce FJ and remain single for eternity. Her assumption is that she can demand any promise, which will make sure FJ will not have a life with DH.

Why so, other than JH wants DH for herself. She staked her "ownership" and told FJ, even if JH was being delusional since DH is only tending to her because her father asked him to care for her before he died. If JH can't have him, then no one ever will. She's that selfish and self-centred.

So naturally, JH would use the scale to demand DH that he separates from FJ whom he deeply loves. How cruel of JH, right? She wants a couple to break apart, because she's not the one loved by her "beloved".

Make no mistake, JH planned ahead that there will be no DH at his own wedding reception. She planned getting more poisoning by going to Mt Baishui, and she planned how to use the scale.

JH might seem delicate, but she schemes, lies, and manipulates to please herself. She had shown that again and again. She doesn't even regret her shenanigans.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

Was FJ even planning on telling DH about GG? Was she even thinking about GG when she was in the starlight ward? She was willing to die with DH without even thinking that GG would be left with no parents. Also, DH wouldn't get a chance to know he has a son.

FJ was in mortal realm to prevent her family and DH to know about BGG. Other than Zhe Yan, no one else knew she's pregnant before she left. Even Zhe Yan didn't know if she went ahead or not with her pregnancy. Only Xie Guchou and Ye Qingti in the book knew she has a son. 

It rankles that due to an act of utter selfishness, BGG had to be fatherless for 200 years.

I don't think she really thought of BGG when she went into the ward. Perhaps because he's with Xie Guchou, who's trustworthy? All she wanted was to spend whatever time left she got with DH. At that point, for her, nothing matters anymore, not even her own life, or BGG losing one or both parents.

If DH died, she'd also die of broken heart anyway, as she never stopped loving him. It was only him for thousands of years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I’m curious. What did Dong Hua mean by giving Feng Jiu freedom in their marriage?

beyond their wedding, Feng Jiu is still a queen and has to act proper in public. At Taichen she doesn’t have to do work because there are servants. 

I interpret it as DH won't be restrictive and expect FJ to be the perfect wife. He clearly knows that FJ loves and thrives in freedom. So he does not expect her to be proper with him and let her continue living the life she wants. 

That is a huge factor for FJ'S family to hear that. It demonstrated to the Bai family that DH understands FJ and loves her for who she is. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ was in mortal realm to prevent her family and DH to know about BGG. Other than Zhe Yan, no one else knew she's pregnant before she left. Even Zhe Yan didn't know if she went ahead or not with her pregnancy. Only Xie Guchou and Ye Qingti in the book knew she has a son. 

It rankles that due to an act of utter selfishness, BGG had to be fatherless for 200 years.

I don't think she really thought of BGG when she went into the ward. Perhaps because he's with Xie Guchou, who's trustworthy? All she wanted was to spend whatever time left she got with DH. At that point, for her, nothing matters anymore, not even her own life, or BGG losing one or both parents.

If DH died, she'd also die of broken heart anyway, as she never stopped loving him. It was only him for thousands of years.

This is what FJ means when she said loving DH is instinctual for her. As soon as she hears DH's life was in danger, I think FJ went into the fight, flight or freeze response. Her instinct was to be with DH, her brain wasn't exactly thinking of the wider picture at that moment in time.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

This is what FJ means when she said loving DH is instinctual for her. As soon as she hears DH's life was in danger, I think FJ went into the fight, flight or freeze response. Her instinct was to be with DH, her brain wasn't exactly thinking of the wider picture at that moment in time.

In the series, she did that several times. :) Even if DH is the last person who would need protection, she would still be there for him. Lotus land, mortal realm, ML at Fanyin...except for that duel with XY when DH turned her back to handkerchief and brought her with him. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I just find it quite selfish of her to not think of BGG. Mothers naturally think of their child more than their partners. But I guess this just shows her love for DH.

She could have at least mentioned GG when they were both dying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2