[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

1 hour ago, kylab said:

@shamrockmom, Here's the link: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/wave/about/program/index.html

It starts in the third paragraph stating there's a secret birth which I hope is about SY. I'm sorry, watching SY pathetically chasing JH with a baby is a scene I would skip past.I want her to become strong and be independent without JH so he can truly regret his decision. I'm not defending his behavior one bit but SY being so damn clingy would make any person sick. She and her aunt need to disappear for a  while and maybe take JT with them since everybody wants him to admit to a death that wasn't his fault. 

Thanks for the link. It kept me entertained for a long time!

This is how that line translated with Google: " There is no common device like the secret of birth." Hmmm. So does that mean the drama will contain the common device birth secret or is it more like there won't be this typical common device in this drama? Interesting stuff. I will have to do more research on the wording. I also noted the phrase, "A family of fortune telling women".  What is that referring to? Yeah, Min Ji's mom has been to the fortune teller, but that doesn't seem like it is the same thing.

I agree with you, SY chasing JH with a baby in tow is not what I want to see either. I would like to see SY do well with her aunt's business. I would like to see JT disappear for a while too; I get that he feels like his hyung is selling him out. 

I also noted that in the poster, Spineless Mom is standing next to Choon Ja's dad. I wonder if they will eventually get together. Could Spineless Mom claim abandonment and get a divorce from the dad so she could move on with her life? (after Greedy Granny is gone of course)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was stunned that Greedy Granny didn't take the envelope of money today from Min Ji's mom. She must be ill and losing her mojo. 

Also pleased to see in the preview it looks like Bok Shil is moving away from her toxic family. Good for her! And she's actually singing now too. KH thinks his life is train-wrecked, so he's running away to Busan. That's ok with me. His parents are such knuckleheads.

Not happy to see more sad and crying scenes with Soon Young, but I hope JT can help her out. JH looks like he's about 18 in the wedding preview scene. Wonder if his bro is gonna spill the beans about SY to JH before or after the wedding, or if he will keep it a secret...

It seems the story is finally moving minus the pregnant annoucement.

SY is better shape in the preview.
But i hope she's stronger mentally because she will probably work with Minji.

I liked that BS told JH he always has been the favorite.

It would be great if things could move for the little brother.

I don"t know like finding a girlfriend.

It looks like SY was just sick.
I don't know if she will have an affair with JH and fall pregnant.

And Minji/JH will adopt the baby since the brat is sterile.

That thought came to my mind when the mom said she would like to have grand children.
And seeing how the relationship between the lovers evolve adopting might be the easiest way.

If there is a birth secret in this drama, the writer is keeping it secret from us viewers so far. You can't dangle the scenes where SY is starting to get sick to the viewers and not have her be pregnant. (Chekhov's Gun Principle

Why was JT so crabby to CJ when he got out of jail? Where in the heck were his mom and grandma? This mom and granny make me sick.

Nice to see Spineless mom is enjoying the restaurant JH got for her; he paid for it with his soul.

The way JH looks at MJ is like he wishes she would just vanish.

Looks like KY might be more accepting of Bok Shil's career now. Maybe it took a year for the attitude adjustment!

49 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

If there is a birth secret in this drama, the writer is keeping it secret from us viewers so far. You can't dangle the scenes where SY is starting to get sick to the viewers and not have her be pregnant. (Chekhov's Gun Principle

Why was JT so crabby to CJ when he got out of jail? Where in the heck were his mom and grandma? This mom and granny make me sick.

Nice to see Spineless mom is enjoying the restaurant JH got for her; he paid for it with his soul.

The way JH looks at MJ is like he wishes she would just vanish.

Looks like KY might be more accepting of Bok Shil's career now. Maybe it took a year for the attitude adjustment!

@shamrockmom, SY did give birth. In tonight's episode, she and her aunt were talking when a baby starts crying in the next room. There is a child they're trying to hide but how much longer can they keep that up. It seems like faith is constantly pulling SY toward JH by working at the shop of his wife and bringing her back to Seoul. 

I only watched the raw episode so there are things i didn't understand.

But i did hear a baby crying.

JT could have been nice to CJ and take a piece of tofu.

It's not her fault if he went to jail.

In the preview we can see JH entering the shop and see SY.

But they will probably drag that scene and the meeting will happen in the episode 49. .

Thieving Dad is running for the elections.
I don't think he knows about JH father situation.

If a journalist writes about that and the dirty business/relationship with JT boss (i forgot his name) the family will be in trouble.

He shouldn't feel confident with JH by his side.
It might be bring him his downfall.

Hye Rin might be the daughter of the congressman that Minji dad spoke on the phone.
That's why he's send her to Sang Pil company.

CJ needs to be like BS and find a dream.
Because her love/passion for JT is sterile.
I could excuse her in some episodes but now she's only hurting her pride.

It seems SY gave up on JH and is focused on her baby.

So happy about that.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:08 AM, ezacessline90 said:

Thieving Dad is running for the elections.
I don't think he knows about JH father situation.

If a journalist writes about that and the dirty business/relationship with JT boss (i forgot his name) the family will be in trouble.

He shouldn't feel confident with JH by his side.
It might be bring him his downfall.

Hye Rin might be the daughter of the congressman that Minji dad spoke on the phone.
That's why he's send her to Sang Pil company.

CJ needs to be like BS and find a dream.
Because her love/passion for JT is sterile.
I could excuse her in some episodes but now she's only hurting her pride.

It seems SY gave up on JH and is focused on her baby.

So happy about that.

Your insights are fantastic. I think it will eventually come out about JH/JT's dad, but maybe by that time, Disappearing Dad will reappear to clear his name for his son's sake. I don't think that will take Thieving Dad out, but it may put a big crimp in his plans. I think the pocket watch will be one of the keys to bringing down Dong Chul (Evil Minion) and then he will throw Thieving Dad under the bus.

It also makes sense that Hye Rin is the daughter of the congressman. She could also be some important judge's daughter that he needs to curry favor with. Maybe she is his mistress's secret daughter that he never told his wife about--that could be a birth secret too!

Of all the dress shops in Seoul, SY has to work at Min Ji's! Min Ji will mistreat her, that is a given--and it breaks my heart.

As much as SY pursued JH after they broke up, he's gonna go the same route as soon as he figures it out about the baby--and I hope she tells him to hit the road!

I really hope that CJ gets a life, and little bro JW too. They need to do something in this drama! 

The look on JH face when he heard about SK fake news.
Well he was awful to her, what did he expect?

The scene with the aunt and the baby was so funny.
The baby brings some cuteness to the drama.

I didn't understand what happens in the preview for the episode 50.
Sang Pil found some dirt about Thieving dad opponent.
But what did JH do?
I'm scared about Minji words to her dad when she mentions Sang Pil.

The aunt is a bit harsh towards Min Su.
JH is a jerk but it's not the baby fault.

JW should listen to his sister and does what he wants.

Minji mother mentioned that the dad had an affair so i wonder if it will influence the election.

Maybe the opponent will release that story.

So many questions.

10 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

The aunt is a bit harsh towards Min Su.
JH is a jerk but it's not the baby fault.

JW should listen to his sister and does what he wants.

Minji mother mentioned that the dad had an affair so i wonder if it will influence the election.

Maybe the opponent will release that story.

So many questions.

Bwaahaahaa! JH has moved into a nest of snakes. Nagging mom, whining wife, Thieving Dad is on his case, and SP is giving JH a first-rate lesson in how to be a snake! JH deserves it all. Good to know that Thieving Dad has already been unfaithful to his wife. No shock there. 

I wonder if JT is gonna ask SY about her fictitious husband. Will he be able to put the pieces together and figure out that the baby is his nephew? 

Really happy to see KH is now on board with supporting Bok Shil. I don't think he gets that SP is gonna give him a run for the money over Bok Shil. It's borderline creepy that SP has so much control over Bok Shil, and that she's living in the office storeroom. He could've accessed that room anytime but now KH put that lock on from inside so she's safe. 

It's so obvious what will happen to CJ.
The photographer is a bit pervert and will try to do something to her.
She will need JT help. 

I want to know who's the grandpa eating at Spineless mom restaurant.

Is he really a CEO?

Minji was already mean to SY but it seems she will be harsh again in the next episode.

Sang Pil is like Minji dad in way..

That's why he's always angry when the dad favors JH.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:38 AM, ezacessline90 said:

It's so obvious what will happen to CJ.
The photographer is a bit pervert and will try to do something to her.
She will need JT help. 

I want to know who's the grandpa eating at Spineless mom restaurant.

Is he really a CEO?

Minji was already mean to SY but it seems she will be harsh again in the next episode.

Sang Pil is like Minji dad in way..

That's why he's always angry when the dad favors JH.

Yeah, I could see that coming from a mile away! Now how that will actually happen is the only question. Will JT see risque photos of CJ and confront her? Will the writer-nim subject us viewers to a near-rape scene and JT will rescue her? (My guess) 

The Grandpa who dines and dashes is a puzzle. What is the point of his scenes? JT needs to make him pay up. He's had too many free meals. Spineless Mom can't seem to bring herself to make him pay. And that medicine? What the heck is that stuff? I can't read the Chinese characters, so I am at a loss. 

SP is also kind of a puzzle. He seems ruthless in his business dealings and crabby toward Bok Shil....then he turns around and is kind to her. I am sure he wants to look tough because he's an orphan and Thieving Dad treats him like dirt. He's a more complex character than I typically see in a drama like this. 

I used to hate the Grandma so much, but now Bok Shil's mom is the worst for rejecting her daughter. That scene outside the nightclub was brutal. I felt very sad for Bok Shil.

Question: Are the songs that Bok Shil and Hye Ran sing original compositions for the drama, or are the songs ones that were popular back in the 1960's when the drama is set. Just curious...

Archived