English Title: Where the Lost Ones Go

Genre: Friendship, Music, Romance, School, Youth

Episodes: 24

Director: Yang Ying Ying / Writer: Ye Zi

Air date: November 13, 2017

Network: Hunan TV

Duration: 40 min.

Synopsis:

Where the Lost Ones Go tells the story of the first love of young art student which lead to a lifetime of unforgetable love. Ye Zi, a major in chinese art painting and Xiang Ze Yi, a major in oil painting met and fell in love in college. However Ye Zi was heart-broken when Xiang Ze Yi suddenly left without a word. Years later, Ye Zi became a famous manga illustrator. Inhope of getting back together again, Xiang Ze Yi came back with a confession of what happened and why he had to leave. How will Ye Zi decide?(Credit: MyDramaList)

Cast:

Cecilia Boey as Ye Zi

Kris Fan as Xiang Ze Yi

Additional Links:

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2017/11/fan-shi-qi-and-song-yan-fei-involve-in-where-the-lost-ones-go.html (Stills, Trailers, MVs)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PsHrQxhYwRKa54Ml9zjea7b_STlHQjy

The first 12 episodes have been uploaded so far with the first 5 subbed in English, which can be watched in the playlist above.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thks for starting the thread. I did watch abit and though the actors aren't that well known....i find the acting quite good and the interactions btw the leads sweet and cute.

One of their earlier interactions...while his eyes are sparking with humor and flirting...hers are of great embarrassment and then mild excitement.

Just note as the episodes go, the storyline actually is a mix of their later working life (ep 1 started with 2 supporting chars getting married) with alot of flashbacks to their college/university life where the romance started...

Special director trailer.

Btw The drama title....可惜不是你...translated as Pity it is not you. It is an old sad song by Fish Leong. 

For those who fear sad ending...

Spoiler

...i read that it is not...should be HE.

Ya as mentioned above.1st few ep had been subbed. Link to ep 1.

Thanks for the additional information and for sprucing up the place! :)

Yeah, I have the watched the first couple episodes and despite not being familiar with any of the cast members before this, they've all been pretty good/natural so far. My interest is piqued and I look forward to seeing how the rest of this drama plays out.

The song with title same as the drama title....it's a 2005 song by Fish Leong. Many have feels for this song...esp when their situation is similiar...eg 2 persons part ways not bcos one side did wrong...but perhaps external factors or personality clash. And will feel pity that it ended.

Eng sub MV. The song was used a few times in the drama too....esp the male lead will sing it in one singing event in the drama.

18 hours ago, jayells said:

Details:

Chinese Title: 可惜不是你

English Title: Where the Lost Ones Go

Genre: Friendship, Music, Romance, School, Youth

Episodes: 24

Director: Yang Ying Ying / Writer: Ye Zi

Air date: November 13, 2017

Network: Hunan TV

Duration: 40 min.

Synopsis:

Where the Lost Ones Go tells the story of the first love of young art student which lead to a lifetime of unforgetable love. Ye Zi, a major in chinese art painting and Xiang Ze Yi, a major in oil painting met and fell in love in college. However Ye Zi was heart-broken when Xiang Ze Yi suddenly left without a word. Years later, Ye Zi became a famous manga illustrator. Inhope of getting back together again, Xiang Ze Yi came back with a confession of what happened and why he had to leave. How will Ye Zi decide?(Credit: MyDramaList)

Cast:

Cecilia Boey as Ye Zi

Kris Fan as Xiang Ze Yi

Additional Links:

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2017/11/fan-shi-qi-and-song-yan-fei-involve-in-where-the-lost-ones-go.html (Stills, Trailers, MVs)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PsHrQxhYwRKa54Ml9zjea7b_STlHQjy

The first 12 episodes have been uploaded so far with the first 5 subbed in English, which can be watched in the playlist above.

Thanks for starting the thread and thank you so much for the link to the English subs.  This has been on my radar since I saw the trailer on AVV but there were no English subs so I couldn't follow it.  I still don't know whether to start to watching or not as it doesn't look like it's going to be subbed past ep 5 and it will be torturous not being able to understand the rest of the drama.

About the actress Cecilia Boey or Song Yanfei. 22yo. Born in Australia but she moved to China with her parents when 4yo. 

She was actually a JYP trainee for 3yrs...spotted by agents when 16yo. She was listed in 6Mix (rumored group)..where some of the members later became Twice. She left in 2014..not sure why.

https://onehallyu.com/topic/118786-official-cecilia-boey-song-yanfei-宋妍菲-thread/

She was mentioned here near the end of article with pics of her and other JYP artists eg Bam Bam of Got7.

http://6mix-jyp-upcoming-girlgroup-profile.blogspot.sg/2015/02/6mix-profile-new-updates-2015-jyp.html?m=1

She acted in the Jade Lovers as supporting...the upcoming drama with Lee Jong Suk and Zheng Shuang.

35 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for starting the thread and thank you so much for the link to the English subs.  This has been on my radar since I saw the trailer on AVV but there were no English subs so I couldn't follow it.  I still don't know whether to start to watching or not as it doesn't look like it's going to be subbed past ep 5 and it will be torturous not being able to understand the rest of the drama.

You're welcome! 

Yeah, I understand your skepticism with starting this series because there's no guarantee that it will be fully subbed. I don't know how long the first five episodes were up before they started subbing but I see that episode 6 was uploaded over a week ago so I am still hopeful that they will eventually resume subbing the remaining episodes. I'll make sure to monitor their channel and provide updates if the next episodes are indeed subbed!

@kokodus  Believe me just started it today and dang it's got our names written all over it!!!  :heart::D

@jayells  Thank you so much for starting this thread forgive me for not saying that in my first post.  Oh how I wish more Chinese dramas were being subbed and shown in more places with easy access.  Maybe someday it will happen...  Because to me they are so moving and their stories so tender and expressed with such emotion...  Thanks again!!!:wub:

13 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@jayells  Thank you so much for starting this thread forgive me for not saying that in my first post.  Oh how I wish more Chinese dramas were being subbed and shown in more places with easy access.  Maybe someday it will happen...  Because to me they are so moving and their stories so tender and expressed with such emotion...  Thanks again!!!:wub:

No worries at all! I'm glad this drama has struck a chord with you and thank you for introducing it to others and generating interest in this drama!

I definitely share your sentiments about Chinese Dramas and their availability especially for international viewers. Hopefully more networks/companies follow suit and upload their dramas onto Youtube with subs. :grin:

I don't know about anyone else but whether it's Kris Fan wrapping  his arms around you or his coat.... 

BOTH MY HANDS AND ARMS ARE UP I'M IN!!!!!:blush:

tumblr_ovzqvfA4lj1uxuq3vo4_400.giftumblr_ovzqvfA4lj1uxuq3vo5_400.gif

Thanks & all credit to original owners of GIFS

About the male lead.....actor 范世錡 Fan Shi Qi or Kris Fan....25yo, height 1.86m. 

He debut from 快乐男声 Super Boy 2013, a singing competition....the same year with the more well-known Hua Cheng Yu 华晨宇, Ou Hao 欧豪,  Yu Meng Long于朦胧 etc. He got 6th place. Well, he didn't progress much in singing career and instead went more into acting...mostly webdramas. This current drama....many viewers commented that his acting had improved alot....besides his usual cheeky style...he managed to portray his sad scenes well..even with little dialogue...his eyes spoke of regret, held-back emotions etc.

After she met him (under a new name) later during work, she knew it's him...but they sort of avoided the issue.

At the start of below clip, she said she once got a good friend who treated her really well but then he just disappeared....later the girl couldn't help herself but hug him from behind....all the while he got to control his emotions....but his tears....

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av16828343.html

One of their sweet kiss scenes (when they were still students):

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16748773/

* btw some said he look abit like japanese actor Shun Oguri.

@Cedric Ong  Thank you so much for your post I really love this OTP they have such chemistry and really move my heart.  It's the comfort in which they seem to portray even while being in each others arms that makes the whole story seem so natural and real...

A clip which focus on the female lead. She threw away his stuff and tried to list the negative things about him...then teared up...probably when u start to think of the bad things...u will remember the good things too. Then she went to pick back his stuff from the rubbish bin...

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av16751416.html

The bgm or song is YeZi or Leaf...the female char's name....sang by Kris Fan the actor himself. 

Archived