[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ming Dynasty 大明風華

sugarplum892

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That preview screenshot made me scream! I saw it and went....wait...no...it can't be...omg...her?!...AHHH!!! Not watching it tho cause I don't want to spoil myself.

:( I agree with y'all, I miss the RW ZJ interactions before they got married. It was more interesting and fun. I'm also really sad now that the emperor and crown prince are gone too. 2/3 of my fav characters...gone...now we wait for the last one...

lol actually...in the preview, just based on facial expressions and voice, it feels like she's being seductive but he's trying to play along and not bite her ear off.

...not sure how many ppl would keep their eyes wide open like that when their feelin' it haha

5 hours ago, sirisyria said:

I have seen this cut and it hurts me af, I sitll can't believe how come he did it istg. He changed so much or maybe it's another side of him.

P.S. im a newbie here

I couldn’t believe my eyes too. I am thinking maybe this happened after he found out she lost the baby and this was his way to have his baby back? Regardless I didn’t like this seen. 

5 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

lol actually...in the preview, just based on facial expressions and voice, it feels like she's being seductive but he's trying to play along and not bite her ear off.

I think so. I think this happened after he found out she lost the baby and she was trying to fall pregnant again? 

17 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

...not sure how many ppl would keep their eyes wide open like that when their feelin' it haha

I hope so. If this scene doesn't play out with a twist, ZJ's character is going to be ruined for me. Not just because he's romantically fickle, but because he's STUPID.

I just don't know. There's something going on - the lil sis can't keep getting away w/stuff. I mean she stole the Imperial Seal, colluded w/the 2nd brother...RW has been honest & true since the beginning; he knows that. So he either has a brain injury or a personality disorder or he's playing the same game she's playing. Whatever, I'm not liking it....please, I don't want to become really vindictive about ZJ (but I will if he does one more itty bitty thing).

Whatever it is RW will be drawn into it. She's caught her sis doing too many things. I know she wants to protect her BUT bet you ten to one that her lil sis would give RW up if need be. Even Hu's adoptive mother doesn't want to have anything to do with her because she knows that she'll be found guilty, too - just by association. So the drama has diverged from history, enough so that I have no inkling what's going to happen. 

This review explains some ideas for the change of ZJ character. Noticed when he is evil, he is wearing black (like his second uncle) and he is getting more suspicious and feeding into his 3rd Uncle bait for suspicion. I am really starting to miss the carefree, humorous and kind hearted ZJ. 

I can’t see any romance between ZJ and RW... anyone else feel the same? I felt he was much more loving towards her before... this drama is moving towards a dark  and heavy vibe. Not enjoying as much unfortunately... hope things change . 

49 minutes ago, sssf said:

This review explains some ideas for the change of ZJ character. Noticed when he is evil, he is wearing black (like his second uncle) and he is getting more suspicious and feeding into his 3rd Uncle bait for suspicion. I am really starting to miss the carefree, humorous and kind hearted ZJ. 

I can’t see any romance between ZJ and RW... anyone else feel the same? I felt he was much more loving towards her before... this drama is moving towards a dark  and heavy vibe. Not enjoying as much unfortunately... hope things change . 

That might just be the direction of the drama now - showing that characters change, power corrupts, etc etc. 

So, in other words, his character is doing a "Hu-turn" (a little play on words). If this is the direction the drama is going I'd better get my brain in gear. I so wanted him to be like his father, rather than his grandfather. It's diverged from history so much that I wouldn't be surprised if he could sprout wings & fly.

It's probably just he doesn't care that much about her.

Just watched the latest episodes on yt, Crown Prince is da real MVP. Loved him from the start - since he was such a teddy bear but it's amazing how intelligent he is as well.

I was kind of shocked at how "good" ZJ became but guess that's gonna be over soon.

lol ZZJ, didn't really turn "good" (but he's not like his uncles), he just learned to hide his ambitions for power behind a mask of goodness. He's basically a black belly character type. Even when his grandpa was still alive, he was only cute around him. Remember when he threw RW into that dungeon for a few days? mofo was scary! 

Now, he's gotten scarier because the strength of his bite is closer to matching his bark with his increase in power. 

56 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

lol ZZJ, didn't really turn "good" (but he's not like his uncles), he just learned to hide his ambitions for power behind a mask of goodness. He's basically a black belly character type. Even when his grandpa was still alive, he was only cute around him. Remember when he threw RW into that dungeon for a few days? mofo was scary! 

Now, he's gotten scarier because the strength of his bite is closer to matching his bark with his increase in power. 

I agree. He would ingratiate himself with others by being friendly but he’s always been shown to be fairly ambitious (though less obviously) and willing to use people to his ends.

1 hour ago, crackaddict said:

Lololol. Okay fair. But his intelligence is decreasing? I don't get how he doesn't suspect Hu at all! I know I sound like a broken record, but can't get over this.

Archived