[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, A1mm3 said:

Mango only has eng subs to 2?? Is anyone planning to provide more eng subs?? Sigh...

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i think if u want to continue to watch u might need to be a paying customer for Mango app

Or I wondered if the show wasn't get enough attention or views on youtube compared to Love You for the Way You Are which has 2-3x the number of views and is actively being subbed.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

im not sure about you guys however pls get urself ready for episode 23 n 24 lols....

i cried even though knowing that nothing will happen still i cry

OMGG, I just watched it raw too. :wub: How are they not together yet!

That only thing that kinda bothers me is the way the close up was filmed at the medicine kiss scene. I don’t mind close ups and I do prefer it sometimes but kinda wanted a wide shoot because it almost doesn’t look like them. I mean not that it matters since it’s just a drama but the close up was A little too

repetitive especially the eyes. Guess the director really like the eyes. 

12 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

That only thing that kinda bothers me is the way the close up was filmed at the medicine kiss scene. I don’t mind close ups and I do prefer it sometimes but kinda wanted a wide shoot because it almost doesn’t look like them. I mean not that it matters since it’s just a drama but the close up was A little too

repetitive especially the eyes. Guess the director really like the eyes. 

The director did this very frequently in Destiny of the White Snake which I found disconcerting. The close up was too close and I understand what you mean by it did not look like them. I feel he should include more of the face as well.

Hi everyone, glad to have you all to share this drama excitement.... 

Love the chemistry between OTP, which makes me whose Chinese language so mediocre got no problems watching raw until last night eps 24.

I just don't care whatever cases happening I just watch it for Allen and Seven. 

16 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Hi everyone, glad to have you all to share this drama excitement.... 

Love the chemistry between OTP, which makes me whose Chinese language so mediocre got no problems watching raw until last night eps 24.

I just don't care whatever cases happening I just watch it for Allen and Seven. 

Same. I totally do not even care about the secondary couple. I keep FF them. They have a lot of screen time :(

It's 56 eps if I'm not mistaken so the network must give us extra eps you know to keep us hooked.

Actually there are lots of cases going on like Jing Xia true origin, Lu Yi's parents issue, missing imperial funds, gang fights, zombie village, emperor poisoned. I guess these cases are to keep our OTP busy instead of checking their feelings. 

I agree the secondary couple took quite a lot screen time but it's fine by me because I don't really like dramas with all male characters fall in love with female lead and vice versa. I just hoped for satisfactory ending because Chinese dramas tend to give us disappointing ends.

I wish for romantic wedding and glimpses of their marriage life.

Heheheh

I am up to Ep 24 and may I say how much I love the show (crappy editing/censorship in some episodes and questionable CGI notwithstanding). Became a fan of Allen Ren in Glory of Tang Dynasty and Tan Song Yun from The Fox Lies - he has incredible screen presence despite not being your typical tall, handsome hero and she can pull off spunky cute without being cloying - helps that both of them can act! Allen Ren's micro-expressions are always on point and Tan Song Yun is very natural in her interactions. 

Scenes/things I love so far (there maybe spoilers for those not up to Ep24):-

Spoiler

1. Both of them work together in solving cases - while Lu Yi is clearly intelligent, he is not as observant and Sherlock-y as Jing Xia - they have their strengths and weaknesses and complement each other. Neither is unbelievably genius or incredibly naive(common problem for female lead) and both are not ridiculously impetuous

2. The way that Lu Yi sits - so imposing but not overly manspreading - especially in his uniform :) 

3. The way that Lu Yi looks at Jin Xia - no words are needed - can literally feel how he feels

4. How Jin Xia is actually bootlicking Lu Yi since he is her boss and she doesn't idolize him or act like a puppy around him. In some instances she is even "sa jiao" with him but not because she loved him but because she wants something from him.

5. The combo of (3) and (4) is great - something in Lu Yi stirs but it doesn't change him completely - he can still be vicious to do his job - at the end of the day, he is still her boss, although she is not his direct report.

6. How Jin Xia was not actually going to shoot herself so that the doctor would heal Lu Yi - she was in control of the situation and was just manipulating it to get what she wants. Love our little heroine!

7. That Jin Xia saved Lu Yi because she owes him her life more than once but not because she loves him - at least not yet. There is an attraction, of course, they are both single and not unattractive but their romance is a slow build and realistic and she is not immediately a "I-Will-Die-For-My-Man" kinda girl. Especially her inner monologue where she debated with herself whether she should save him at risk of her own life  - that's realistic and Tan Song Yun executed it well.  

8. ALL of Lu Yi's involuntary jealous reactions when Xie Siang is around - I particularly like 

(a) where the audience can see his internal indignance and annoyance when she mentioned that she got a clue from Xie Siang that the government official was killed with a needle . It was palpable and subtle but yet so obvious in its own way - Allen Ren is really good with his micro-expressions. 

(b) where he was pleased with the King's decree at him successfully solving the missing treasure case and he wanted to share his joy/celebrate with Jin Xia and his annoyance when he realised she went to Hei An Pang.

(c) where he was pleased that Jin Xia came to ask for his help when Hei An Pang was cornered into a battle with their competitor and he turned her down and she was upset with him - in a way that a girl would be upset with a guy but not a subordinate with her boss - of course, he went anyways to save the day

(d) when he didn't want her to go with Xie Xiang to see his father the day he came to propose so he physically held her hand back and the way he was only looking at Xie Xiang during their entire conversation suggesting that he was acting on an involuntary basis i.e. he already had feelings then but he may not be completely aware yet so it was his immediate subsconscious reaction. Also his annoyance with her for not rejecting the proposal immediately as she was looking at the dowry which was quite significant and saying that "marriage is not a bad thing". I li

(e) when he finally decided to be obvious and told Xie Xiang that he will sit next to her and take care of her after she got better and even moved his chair to be right next to her - in her personal space! 

9. All their CP moments which could have come off cringey but somehow worked with this combo. I don't think there is one I do not like! 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

in the novel they do ended up together, not sure about the drama

u can see on the below, this is from the book index

i actually enjoy the stories alot that i bought the novel, this is the first times for me :) 

Hide contents

番外 | 婚后生活二三则 (Extra l Life After Marriage 1, 2, 3)

Oh I forgot to check for epilogues. Then there is a chance they may have incorporated these in the drama.

3 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

OMg this is so freaking cute! thanks for sharing. 

Once the drama completes with ENg subs, Ill probably will enjoy the secondary storyline more. 

-

Spoiler

I love how they talked about, that she already kissed him...but forget how it feels. He suggest they do it one more time.

- how she asked him, what he gained -> his answer was: you!

Archived