[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

sugarplum892

18 hours ago, angelangie said:

honestly what u love is also all the points i totally in love with our OTP :) 

okie my love for the sides characters is there too

and below is some of the times why i love them and there is one that i have a hate and love feeling on :D 

Hide contents

严世蕃 (Yan ShiFan) because he is the one that threw our FL onto the bed and we get to see the mock up play in between the FL and somehow it feel like he is captain of our YiWan(JinXia & LuYi) CP :D 

上官曦 (Shang GuanXi) while she might hate JinXia at certain level because of XiaXiao, she is still kind toward JinXia and she isnt like the usual 2nd FL that will do some underhand trick to make the FL suffer because of jealousy, i love how she handle it

杨岳 (YangYue) he is always there for JinXia and support and take care of her like he would a big brother i love the relationship rapport in between him and JinXia so i honestly hope in the drama he will end up wtih Shang GuanXi, both deserve happiness

谢霄 (XieXiao) okie i do love him when he piggy back JinXia back and make LuYi jealous however im finding him to start to be a nuisance and he seems to be whining alot ><"

I really like that Jin Xia and Yang Yue have a genuine sibling relationship - I have always find it slightly creepy where the love line is between people whom have always treated each other as siblings. Shangguan Xi is a really normal character - and hopefully she sees Yang Yue for the awesome guy he is and gets over Xie Xiao. Contrary to many people, I don’t think Xie Xiao is very annoying - he is childish but he is just being transparent with his feelings. He may not like LuYi but he is not overly pushy with Jin Xia. In fact, I would say that all things considered Lu Yi is quite mean to Xie Xiao!  :) 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahhaa....no i mean im fine with his way of pursuing JinXia, nothing is wrong in that.....i just didnt like it when he whine hahahhaa.....

i cant take a guy whining honestly.....

and YangYue relationship with JinXia is really feel nice....as it is nice to see that out there a friendship in between a guy and girl who is not related can still be so real and true with nothing else involved just the way how a brother and a sister will for each other :) 

i love to see them interacting with each other and how they will still tease each other about it....

Hide contents

remember the times when they were are episode 3 or 4 that they were on the boat and chatting? and how they were talking about the arranged marriage JinXia's mother had arranged on? hahaha....and how JinXia joke with YangYue that why not she told her mother that she is already his and YangYue was horrified with that thought that it tickle JinXia and not irritate her.....

i love that kind of feeling in between them 

the fast forward to Episode 23 & 24 where JinXia pull YangYue's feet making a fun out of the dessert he made for Shang GuanXi :D hahahaha, infact we can see that JinXia do wish that YangYue is successful in making Shang GuanXi fall for him :) 

Shang GuanXi also asked JinXia why she never consider YangYue as a suitor where she very naturally said that they are more like brothers and that kind of thought had never even venture there......

YangYue concern for JinXia and he felt the pain when he saw how pale and sick JinXia is being the med for LuYi

oh and there is also this one particular part ;) 

Hide contents

LuYi asked JinXia is money really all she care for?

and then she look at LuYi and tilted her head a lil towards him saying that he is also equally as important..... :D

in the book they talked about money too in the life after marriage

I hope someone can translate the happy ending and epilogue of their marriage life, please? 

hahhaa....no i mean im fine with his way of pursuing JinXia, nothing is wrong in that.....i just didnt like it when he whine hahahhaa.....

i cant take a guy whining honestly.....

I have the same feeling...

oh and there is also this one particular part ;) 

Reveal hidden contents

LuYi asked JinXia is money really all she care for?

and then she look at LuYi and tilted her head a lil towards him saying that he is also equally as important..... :D

in the book they talked about money too in the life after marriage

or when she asked him, why he smile and his answer was:

Spoiler

I found a treasure

I waited for this drama so long...and it didn't disappointed! The book is good, but I love the drama until now more. I hope it could keep this way

Thanks God it is Friday!!!

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

i have a feeling that it might be a good ending?

I think it will be a Happy End! Because there is one in the book.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

while in the recent MV that was posted i saw there is a letter from JinXia to LuYi that she will wait for him....

I think this is when, they just confirmed theire love and he must go away for an other case. She must stay back and accompany his cousin home. 

For me this is the End, where she waited outside the jail, when he was released after 3 years

Spoiler

Subs are up until EP12. Mango is rather known for their slow or no english subbing (even for VIPs), so I'm quite surprised they giving us another 6 that fast. Probably they were surprised how high ranked and popular the series is, so they decided to be rather the ones who gets the fans instead leaving them with the usual shitty "sources".

That show surely won't make it to my fav list this year since I don't like so slow burning political cases but it is quite entertaining and I really really like the female characters. And the chemistry of the entire cast. Enjoyable watch. :heart:

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

sigh.....i could just slap their head together ..... 

they are actually killing us with this slow romance to be honest lols

I know but I think maybe next week is the rooftop scene. I really hope they have more sweet scenes though once they get together. I'm afraid it'll be like 10 mins of sweet stuff and then it hits the roof. Please no. Give us like a good couple of episodes.

I had started to watch episode 13 with Eng subs on youtube.  However, when I was about 20 minutes into the episode I accidentally hit the refresh button and they were gone.  Then I was wonder why the subs were pulled down.   I wonder know if its because Viki got the license for the show....  It's listed as coming soon so it looks like it may be a while before we get more subs.... 

Under The Power Viki

I wish they got the show earlier because it would have gotten more attention.  However, at least we'll get good subs even if we have to wait.  Please follow the show on Viki if your a Viki users to encourage it getting uploaded and subbed sooner.

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

sigh.....i could just slap their head together ..... 

they are actually killing us with this slow romance to be honest lols

Actually I think LuYi is trying to hint to JinXia especially in ep29 when he returned his bracelet to her and asked her to help him with his attire - something which is pretty personal. They also had a moment later standing outside in the balcony until they got interrupted by the missing priest. JinXia on the other hand, I can understand why she would be reticent - first he is of a different status - his father is the head of the Secret Police and clearly well off and secondly, her sifu is clearly not in favor. I think working closely together is one but moving on to a next level is probably a bridge too far for her. She also doesn't know he kissed her on the forehead because he has made no reference to that although he definitely treats her differently from when they first met. 

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

my books is here!! hehehe i totally loving it hahahha :D 

how I envy you...I do not speak Chinese. luckily there is a vietnamese version in the web, but the epilogue with the pregnancy ist not translated yet. If you got time........

23 hours ago, angelangie said:

Well LuYi is going to start to be more obvious next episode onward :) this will be nice to watch.....i know why JinXia is reticent, as like what you say to her LuYi is too way high above her and she is of no way to match that

yeah - if his cousin sister also thinks that she can only be his concubine rather than his legal wife, what more Jin Xia

Up to Ep32 and may I say that

Spoiler

I dislike Lu Yi’s cousin sister even more than Xie Xiang. She doesn’t even actually like Lu Yi but just want to ensure that she marries him to spite Jin Xia. 

@angelangie Hi! I have been watching this series on YT up to ep 13. Mind if I ask you a translation question? 

Spoiler

In episode 13, around 20:27, LuYi writes on JinXia’s palm while they are on the bed at the evil man’s house boat. Mind sharing what he wrote? She talked about “not understanding” and he talked about “responsibility”. Please don’t hurry to answer, only when you have the time. I always appreciate your help.
Thank you :blush:

26 minutes ago, angelangie said:

u mean this one?

Yes! So to understand their conversation:

Spoiler

Is he saying that he showed his weakness in front of her? Or in front of the guy with the one green-eye? I feel like JinXia in that I can’t comprehend what he’s saying. lol. 

Archived