[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

@yanki I don't follow KNG closely but I view him as a method actor like Daniel Day Lewis, Leo Di Caprio kind who morphed into his characters.

But here KNG said, the drama has a happy ending. It was unlike QSD where Bidam became a craze and therefore I am not surprised that he went into hiding since he is more of an actor kind and not a celebrity. And like he said in his speech at MBC drama awards, he still felt some unfulfilled over Bidam and Deokman's relationship. 

As for LUTYN, first and foremost, it's rom-com. Also KNG in fact contributed to how the ending played out so I believe he achieved that sense of fulfillment from that drama. That was why he said he was not expecting that kind of withdrawal effect to last that long. And his new movie "Strange Family" is of comedy/light genre too so I doubt that the emotion transition is that jarring. Yet, he felt empty and the key point he mentioned is that he was "not expecting" it at all, or perhaps to stretch out that long.

Now I came to understand what KAJ said and meant, that KNG really loved CYK as Heo Im.  Both leads have difficulties moving on from their respective characters because they transformed into their fictional alter egos. No wonder we could feel so much love from them because they really did loved each other as their characters. Not trying to be greedy but hoping that will translate into a real life situation :wink:

@martanur What's the announcement at Daum cafe? I thought that once we have placed the order and paid for it, the Director's cut DVD will eventually proceed, only that we have to wait for few more months for it to be released? Now, I am confused :unsure:

• Like 20

But here KNG said, the drama has a happy ending. It was unlike QSD where Bidam became a craze and therefore I am not surprised that he went into hiding since he is more of an actor kind and not a celebrity. And like he said in his speech at MBC drama awards, he still felt some unfulfilled over Bidam and Deokman's relationship. 

As for LUTYN, first and foremost, it's rom-com. Also KNG in fact contributed to how the ending played out so I believe he achieved that sense of fulfillment from that drama. That was why he said he was not expecting that kind of withdrawal effect to last that long. And his new movie "Strange Family" is of comedy/light genre too so I doubt that the emotion transition is that jarring. Yet, he felt empty and the key point he mentioned is that he was "not expecting" it at all, or perhaps to stretch out that long.

Not really sure since I am not a big fan of him as well, although I like him as an actor, but I do not really want to go too deep in shipping KNG with his co-stars, even when he was so close with SYJ to the point that they were rumored to be dating, still nothing happened.

I am not trying to be a villain here cause I do like KAJ and feel happy that she was able to act to her hearts content with KNG but I think it will still be better not to think too deep with KNG. He is a very complicated person and this is not the first time that viewers thought "He is in love" with his co-stars.  That happens a lot,except for Han Ga- In whom he obviously put some distance with. And out of all those co-stars whom viewers thought "He is in love with" because of the way he acts around them, nothing really happened.

So to save myself from broken heart, I wouldn't think too deep of his actions and what he says about his co-stars during and after the drama ended. Because that is very normal of him to make people believe he have some feelings for his costars

Edited by bread9068_stv
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7

19 minutes ago, bread9068_stv said:

Not really sure since I am not a big fan of him as well, although I like him as an actor, but I do not really want to go too deep in shipping KNG with his co-stars, even when he was so close with SYJ to the point that they were rumored to be dating, still nothing happened.

I am not trying to be a villain here cause I do like KAJ and feel happy that she was able to act to her hearts content with KNG but I think it will still be better not to think too deep with KNG. He is a very complicated person and this is not the first time that viewers thought "He is in love" with his co-stars.  That happens a lot,except for Han Ga- In whom he obviously put some distance with. And out of all those co-stars whom viewers thought "He is in love with" because of the way he acts around them, nothing really happened.

So to save myself from broken heart, I wouldn't think too deep of his actions and what he says about his co-stars during and after the drama ended. Because that is very normal of him to make people believe he have some feelings for his costars

But he acted differently with AJ. Unlike other co-stars whom he casually joked around with, he kept avoiding his eyes and being shy when she was around. It is not like him. 

• Like 10

Just now, lovelycate said:

But he acted differently with AJ. Unlike other co stars whom he casually joked around, he kept avoiding his eyes and being shy when she was around. It is not like him. 

He joked around with her as well and KAJ is not the only costars whom he sometimes gets serious with during acting, that's why I stopped shipping this guy to anyone else and just enjoy his shows. I have seen many fans think "he didn't act like that with his other co-stars" but nothing happened afterwards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lyserose said:

Appreciate your insight.

You may be right. It could always mean "either way", is it not? But shipping for fun is quite legit at this point. That's what shippers do, trying to dissect whatever small things even when they could meant nothing unless proven wrong.

I am not a die-hard fan of KNG but I have watched most of his works. He happened to be paired up a lot with married actresses. Except for SYJ and now KAJ, I don't remember ever reading him giving "in love vibe" towards his co-stars (since they are married). Despite how close he was with SYJ, I never bothered to ship them because I didn't enjoy their chemistry be it in "Shark" or "Pirates". But I joined this thread (for fun) because his chemistry with KAJ really was way off the chart and that I love their partnership so much and secretly hoping it could be real (and fine too if it's not).

And you are right and have the same thinking with me. Asking KNG a question will leave more things unanswered. As I said before, he is hard to decipher. But then, even a complicated man is human too. Let's just see where this ship will eventually dock.

Shark was really bad for me and yeah I also don't think he have chemistry on cam with SYJ but these guys became too sweet that time, during breaks she lays on his lap, lean on his should etc but none really happened afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, bread9068_stv said:

He joked around with her as well and KAJ is not the only costars whom he sometimes gets serious with during acting, that's why I stopped shipping this guy to anyone else and just enjoy his shows. I have seen many fans think "he didn't act like that with his other co-stars" but nothing happened afterwards.

So you are not a shipper and I wonder why you are here in shippers paradise. Haha:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

7 minutes ago, lovelycate said:

So you are not a shipper and I wonder why you are here in shippers paradise. Haha:)

Not here for KNGxKAJ but for IMxKyung since it was also in the tittle  of the thread, I read some of the post analyzing "the characters" which i enjoyed the other official thread for LUTYN have lots of other things included in them, thus I am not interested to read them ,so you mean this thread is more for KNGxKAJ the tittle thread fooled me then.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

9 minutes ago, bread9068_stv said:

Shark was really bad for me and yeah I also don't think he have chemistry on cam with SYJ but these guys became too sweet that time, during breaks she lays on his lap, lean on his should etc but none really happened afterwards.

Yes. I read about it too. But they happened to have dating rumours, don't they? Not necessarily nothing happened, just that something else happened along the way or what? Anyway, out of respect for Gum shippers, I do not wish to discuss SYJ here. 

BTW, I don't necessarily ship drama OTP especially those that happened to have too obvious/in-your-face kind of interactions. I actually do not know how I made my way here. For all that I know, I love Im and Kyung very much and hoping their love would translate off-screen. Apart from never shipping KNG and KAJ with any of their previous co-stars, may be I ship KNG and KAJ because somewhere in my shipper's heart believe in something between them, plus the timing is just right for both of them. Perhaps I won't ship them if they were still in their 20's.

• Like 24

9 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Yes. I read about it too. But they happened to have dating rumours, don't they? Not necessarily nothing happened, just that something else happened along the way or what? Anyway, out of respect for Gum shippers, I do not wish to discuss SYJ here. 

BTW, I don't necessarily ship drama OTP especially those that happened to have too obvious/in-your-face kind of interactions. I actually do not know how I made my way here. For all that I know, I love Im and Kyung very much and hoping their love would translate off-screen. Apart from never shipping KNG and KAJ with any of their previous co-stars, may be I ship KNG and KAJ because somewhere in my shipper's heart believe in something between them, plus the timing is just right for both of them. Perhaps I won't ship them if they were still in their 20's.

Yes they had "dating" rumors which he time and time again denied saying they became close enough to start a dating rumor. Then after the Pirates hype ended it's also gone in the air.

Anyways like what I said, I am not trying to act like a villain in here just giving my insight  and feelings about them and I never said, "Don't ship them" I just thought " I wouldn't want to think too deep for them" for the reasons I mentioned. But some people probably thought I was telling them not to ship.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@bread9068_stv oh, my dear! Just stay here with us! Of couse this is Gum House, and our dearest OTP is Im-kyung couple :)))

as so many of us said before, Kim-Kim couple will be a bonus :)))

Sometimes we all go crazy together for fun (really). I myself think that shippers here are very mature and thoughtful. We know the limitation :)))

Oh yeah, you spoke out my mind. I feel NG-ssi as a kind, funny-serious at the same time person, but also a sensitive and complicated man as well. That kind of guy is really dangerous. No matter what, my heart is with AhJoongie :)))))

Actually, i'm totally satisfied with Heo Im completely in love with Yeon Kyung haha :blush:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Collectively we felt something with HI and YK and i am curious , hopeful and fully supportive of their choice .  I trust our instincts and knowledge lol :tounge_wink: .   If and when KNG and KAJ pursue that rainbow is their choice...but we also like to hope and support something we felt was beautiful and amazing . 

p.s. even my fan level got updated to Hooked because of LUTYN  ....what can i say :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 7

5 minutes ago, bluehopeatm said:

@bread9068_stv oh, my dear! Just stay here with us! Of couse this is Gum House, and our dearest OTP is Im-kyung couple :)))

as so many of us said before, Kim-Kim couple will be a bonus :)))

Sometimes we all go crazy together for fun (really). I myself think that shippers here are very mature and thoughtful. We know the limitation :)))

Oh yeah, you spoke out my mind. I feel NG-ssi as a kind, funny-serious at the same time person, but also a sensitive and complicated man as well. That kind of guy is really dangerous. No matter what, my heart is with AhJoongie :)))))

Actually, i'm totally satisfied with Heo Im completely in love with Yeon Kyung haha :blush:

I actually went here because I am curious about something between IM and Kyung's future lol like if they get married or something happened, will they be able to make a baby? HI isn't from this world so there must be some difference or side effects? lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1st, all of us here is because we love Im and Kyung then we feel something different for KNG and KAJ and only both of them can answer our 'something' and our question. And when that 'something' is right, we'll extremely happy. Let's our instinct talk. :D

And Happy 200 pages. :blush: Keep happy shipping.

• Like 12