[Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류

0ly40

So both YR and DB are uncomfy with seeing JH and IY together. YR because she knows that IY is the woman that JH holds in his heart and she wants IY gone before JH decides to go after her. DB because even from the short innocent scene he witnessed on the roof he can tell that there is a connection between IY and JH that he never had. I say this because there is no reason to have to keep repeating that he will be marrying IY soon if he was not worried in some way. The love that JH and IY share may not be obvious but there is something about these two that puts YR and DB on edge. The rumor about them dating did not help but at the same time DB knows he never had that type of with IY. She will not even let him kiss her for goodness sake. (Not that I blame her really..)

I am glad that in the last episode:

Spoiler

The writer let the kiss happen. IY closed her eyes and that is a sure sign that she is still in love with JH too. She pushed him away and got out the car but you can tell by his face she can not hide behind her so call love for DB or a marriage to him anymore with JH. Of course he knows that IY will be leaving so she will not be marrying DB.

So from the last episode DB took what YR said about his father and went and ruined things or caused problems inciting the residents with the housing project to make JH look bad. What a fool. He also hurt all of IY's hard work too.

Spoiler

It looks to me at the end of the last episode that JH found out that it was DB who did it. I wonder how long it will take for battle lines to be drawn and JH to get in place to fight DB.  I do not understand why DB feels he should have it all and the bio son of the company should have nothing.

He is full of anger and jealousy and resentment over his father and mother and seems to have forgotten all he got to experience by living as their son.  He refuses to think that there is another side or to not look at BS badly for what happened.  Has the driver guy even tried to explain what truly happened?  Because DB always felt out of place in the house he now thinks its ok to take what really should not be his. He has shown once before to make huge mistakes but feels he should still be able to take over the company. I do not think he gets that perhaps something like that is not for him and that BS had other plans that would fit him better. He just sees it as them wanting him gone because he is not their son. So much pain he is going to inflict on these people. I see him as a broken mess when he learns BS is really ill and can not remember him anymore. He spent so much time trying to prove he is better and holding in resentment that the only father he had left does not remember him or is gone later and he will be hit hard with it.

I have to wonder if what DB does with this company is going to cause a huge setback for BS escalating his illness until he is in the final stages with no recall? The shock of what DB has done being the catalyst. If it does then I can really see the battle lines drawn and the nice brother relationship that DB and JH had is done for. (Although I think it is done for anyway when DB finds out about IY and JH's past.)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, there seems to be a big twist in the story (if the drama meant it that way).  I just saw a couple of Korean news articles from a couple of days ago (here is one - http://www.intronews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=85514) that talked about the picture of DB's mother, that his PI gave him  (Minute 8:10, Ep. 70).   I had also said above that it struck me that it was a very pretty lady in the picture, that the PI said was from her 20s.  It looked odd that they would show a striking picture and show it clearly, unless they were going to bring that woman into the story later; but then the PI said she was dead too, so I was puzzled.

But now it seems that the Korean netizens have figured out and have been posting in blogs that the picture is of actress Lee Eung Kyeong from her early days in film/drama in the last 80s, early 90s.   That is none other than the actress playing IY's mom!!!!

If the drama actually meant to show that it was SG in that picture, then the whole thing goes for a toss, doesn't it?   Could DB be actually IY's half-brother?????.....   Then, who is the lady that the PI said died in Daejeon a year ago?

I am going to assume that they did not mean to hint that SG is DB's mother.  They would have shown some indication about it, much earlier than Ep. 70, if that was the case.  They probably pulled out a picture they happened to have and carelessly used it.

51 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Whoa, there seems to be a big twist in the story (if the drama meant it that way).  I just saw a couple of Korean news articles from a couple of days ago (here is one - http://www.intronews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=85514) that talked about the picture of DB's mother, that his PI gave him  (Minute 8:10, Ep. 70).   I had also said above that it struck me that it was a very pretty lady in the picture, that the PI said was from her 20s.  It looked odd that they would show a striking picture and show it clearly, unless they were going to bring that woman into the story later; but then the PI said she was dead too, so I was puzzled.

But now it seems that the Korean netizens have figured out and have been posting in blogs that the picture is of actress Lee Eung Kyeong from her early days in film/drama in the last 80s, early 90s.   That is none other than the actress playing IY's mom!!!!

If the drama actually meant to show that it was SG in that picture, then the whole thing goes for a toss, doesn't it?   Could DB be actually IY's half-brother?????.....   Then, who is the lady that the PI said died in Daejeon a year ago?

I am going to assume that they did not mean to hint that SG is DB's mother.  They would have shown some indication about it, much earlier than Ep. 70, if that was the case.  They probably pulled out a picture they happened to have and careless used it.

This would be an interesting twist if they made SG his bio mom. I think I like that twist. Making IY his half sister in the end.

Episode 73 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

Maid Nam tells HM about her sister in USA who was trying to find some farm land in California. HM recalls that YR was supposed to get her grandma to introduce that sister to some real estate agency. Maid Nam thinks YR must have forgotten, as she is busy. HM agrees to talk to YR.

DB asks Director Kim if he has thought about a "new business", in a hushed voice. DB says that it shouldn't be a noise-making thing like their ultrasound drill earlier.  But Director Kim reminds him that it was because they could make noise that they were able to make some big money from it too (so, these two actually made money from it! I wonder if that is financing his hiring of YR).  Looks like DB wants the current China project (probably the Beijing showroom) to be put to use now. It has received good response from everybody. Director Kim thinks that is a good idea.  DB wants him to be careful and not let any word get out. (These two are probably looking to steal more money, quite possibly).

Director Kim also tells DB that the design team was asking about using the ultrasound drill. He doesn't feel too great about it, though they said it was for use in the Hanbit Apts work. (He didn't give specifics on who asked, and DB didn't ask). He wants DB to take care of any issue, if there is.

BS is playing a board game with YR, speaking about business philosophy of how to win. YR says that she has a personal thought to tell him, but that she feels he would know her true intention if she did. He asks her to go ahead and tell anyway. She says she thinks JH has a defensive management style, but DB will be on the offense as a manager. BS asks who she thinks will be better when circumstances change rapidly. She is unsure but BS says she must be knowing the answer.  BS: "Isn't that why you said you would show your intention if you talked about it"?... She just laughs in agreement. BS then continues that one cannot do top management just on one's own whim. Because there are thousands of people you're responsible for. BS: "Later, in the process of succession, JH will have many troubles. You be on his side, giving him strength".  She says yes.

DB gets a call from YR, saying she has something to tell him. She can't talk about it at the office. They need to meet outside. He hangs up in a hurry, as IY walks into the office.

DB tells IY that he heard the atmosphere is not great at the planning & design office. IY says there is nothing particularly bad. She wants to know what he had heard. He says he heard that the mood is bad, because the chief designer and the head of the office are not getting along. As she doesn't say anything, he asks, "so it's true? Are you still uncomfortable from the earlier issue?". She says there is none of that. That misunderstanding is over. If there is anything, she would be telling DB first. He asks if she is holding anything back to avoid JH and him fighting. IY puts on her charms again - "won't you know if I hold back? You say you can just look at my face and say what I'm feeling!". The guy melts again, as usual!

JH drives by and offers IY a ride home, as she says DB is working late. She gets in and he says they need to go somewhere and talk. She says she will get down in that case. But she stays in, as he says - "don't you have something to tell me?  Do you really love my brother?".

DB meets YR at the river. She says she heard something definitive from BS about succession - that she should be by JH's side giving him strength when JH faces difficulties in the succession process. She asks if DB will stay hands off on this. He first gets mad at her for not having managed to leave the place with JH by now. She says it is still not late for him to do something. It is only what BS intends to do, but nothing has been done. She is desperate too. If DB fails, she will be down in the dirt herself too. YR: "Plus, now I want something bigger than the 3 million dollars... I want the man, Kang Jun Hui; your brother". She continues: "From now on, you and I aren't boss and subordinate, but business partners". DB: "What?". YR: "Whatever it takes, I will get you Taeyeon; but you give me your brother, JH".  DB doesn't know what to say.

IY tells JH that she thinks she had already answered JH's question once before. JH: "Then you said you would stay with my brother for ever. You didn't say that you were leaving him by Spring". She looks at him like she has been totally caught. Like he must know what she is up to. JH: "Why do you take up every burden all by yourself? Had you come to me then, things would not have gone this far". She looks at him, unsure what all he knows. "What the problem was, and why you were doing this... you could have told me all that, you know".  IY can only say, "Jun Hui ssi...". JH continues, "Earlier, I didn't even have eyesight, and wouldn't have believed you. But now it is different, isn't it?... Why are you unable to trust me even now?"

Now IY speaks - "It's not that I don't trust you. I didn't want to see you get hurt. My being this kind of a woman, just forget me, curse me, and act like you don't know me".  JH: "When I know that you've been in pain, and will only hurt more later too, how can I turn a blind eye?... When I know that you're hurting, don't you think I would be hurting even more?"...

Now IY has tears pouring out.  All JH can do is to lean in and turn her face towards him, and all she can do is to have her lips stay right where they are, in expectation... 

[End of Episode]

12 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I have to wonder if what DB does with this company is going to cause a huge setback for BS escalating his illness until he is in the final stages with no recall? The shock of what DB has done being the catalyst. If it does then I can really see the battle lines drawn and the nice brother relationship that DB and JH had is done for. (Although I think it is done for anyway when DB finds out about IY and JH's past.)

It looks like the brothers' fight is pretty much starting soon. Like you saw in the preview of Ep. 75 being broadcast today, it seems JH will find out that DB was behind sending the picketing people.  Once JH finds that DB did something like that, he will start questioning a lot of things from the past...  This battle is about to start.

By the way, the IY-JH romance seems to have started already.  We were hoping against hope that we would get to see it at the dying end of the drama, if at all... But these two are already together, as in Ep 74 (which I will recap within a day or so).  What was most interesting is that they never talked about the kiss and never seemed to be bothered about it in the rest of the Ep 74.  They were perfectly comfortable with each other, as they went to talk to dissenting apartment residents and were smiling and talking on the way back.  It's like they don't even need to talk about it; they are back in love and are not even going to discuss anything to establish that!  I love it!!!

Episode 74 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.30)

After closing her eyes and accepting the kiss, IY opens her eyes and gets out of the car without a word.  She looks overwhelmed.  She hails a taxi and leaves for home.

"Business partners? Ridiculous! You are trying to cut a deal with me, on JH?" - says DB to YR, by the river. He wonders how she can help him, when there's nothing much he can do (about the succession, evidently). She says she holds more cards than him now. She reminds him of what he once said, that a woman would give anything to the man, once she is madly in love with him. YR: "But I am just the opposite. I have nothing to give, so I can only take it all away". DB smiles and says he picked right. YR says she picked the right boss too. She swears that she won't let this chance go waste.

IY is sitting and thinking (obviously about what happened in the car). She hardly notices DB coming in. He wants to look at her face. "So pretty" he says. He wants some lip action too, again, but this time her lips are not staying in place like they did in the car. They make sounds though, after she fakes a loving hug - "I was missing you all day".  (Yeah right! :))

JH sees YR coming back, saying she had work and got delayed. They say good night to each other.  DB comes from IY's room, and goes to his room too. YR seems to guess that he didn't get what he wanted out of IY, as a smirk comes on her face.  (Frankly these are all really funny scenes, to me!)

At breakfast, HM asks YR to get her grandma's help for Maid Nam' sister in the U.S., to buy some California farm property. YR says she forgot about it. DB thinks her grandma's business is in buildings and not in farm real-estate. YR confirms that. But BS thinks that she should still be able to help. YR agrees to talk to the grandma.

As BS gets ready to go to work, HM asks him about going for a walk tomorrow. It's like he has forgotten their talk about going for walks, suddenly. But he agrees to find time tomorrow.

IY gives HM's office address to DM, to go there and act like JM's sister, and say that JM can't go for the study-abroad program. DM is worried, and she also thinks SG badly wants JM to go. IY still says that it can't happen. She wants DM to find out what HM's real objective is, if possible.

DB seems to have Finance Director Jeon finally ready to dance to his tune. DB asks him about Taeyeon Retail being separated. Director Jeon says that it is still in progress. DB wants to know if it is certain that no shares are being sold. Dir. Jeon confirms that. DB: "Has he not said whom he is giving Taeyeon Retail either?".  No, says the director. DB wants to be told immediately if he hears anything. He has another favor to ask of the director. He wants the finance team to get an estimate of the company's financial losses, if at all the Hanbit Apts reconstruction is delayed. He hopes that it won't happen, but wants to be ready just in case.

Now we see how he "expects" the Hanbit Apts work to get delayed. People have been organized to do a picketing in front of the Taeyeon offices. They claim to be residents who are forcibly being moved. One of them says that IY was the designer they've seen, and they all run towards her. JH shows up, protects IY, and says he is the man in charge. This is not a decision by Taeyeon. They are only taking up the contract work. If it were another company, the same thing would have happened. The picketing people do not buy it and demand that they should see the chairman.  They're going to stay put right there till then.

On the mezzanine level inside, DB is watching the commotion outside, relishing it. He calls somebody, to say that what they've shown outside so far is good enough, for now.

Episode 74 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.30 to 20.30)

BS is concerned, and talks to DB and JH about the picketing. He is a bit upset at both of them for letting this happen. DB says there should be no problem, from a legal standpoint. BS doesn't buy that it is that simple. He asks JH what the heck he has been doing. JH says he can take care of it soon. DB acts like it was his fault for not paying attention. He can talk to their Legal matters division and settle this. JH says there is no need; he can wait till it settles down. But DB reminds him that time is money; so he wants to help. BS says he will let JH handle it for the time being. DB: "Yes. That would be fine".

As they walk out, DB gives his "loving brother" advice that this is all rather normal. He again offers to help, and again JH says he will handle it, as it is his responsibility. He will ask for DB's help if it's critical. He is rather stern here to DB, but DB acts normal, and pats JH encouragingly.

Team-leader Jo asks others in the office to suggest ways to get over the Hanbit residents' issue. Ms. Ha suggests that if they do the construction sequentially block-by-block, they can make use of the vacant apartments to move people into. Mr. Yun thinks it might work, but Mr. Jo isn't convinced. There will be noise racket. If even one family refuses in a block, they will be stuck. Mr. Yun asks if some construction fence screens would help. Ms. Ha thinks it won't help because the noise and vibration are too much. Then IY says they should individually go to those who refuse and learn their reasons. Mr. Jo thinks the reason is obvious - they want more removal expense payments. As he tries to find arguments against it, IY says they can't just sit and do nothing. She is going to just go and start talking to the esidents. She asks if Mr. Yun wants to go with her. He doesn't seem too interested, but she just scoots out of there before Mr. Jo can stop her!

JH arrives and learns that IY has left for the Hanbit Apts. He finds her at the elevator and tells her to go back to the office. He is the one responsible, so he will be the one going.  She doesn't listen, and just gets into the elevator with him (which, in my opinion,  gives us some clear indication that the distance she was keeping so for from him, as her boss or brother-in-law, is all gone; she is going to behave like he is her close friend, or boyfriend, with whom she can take liberties. Funny how much things changed after one kiss, eh?)

They are at an apartment, trying to get the ajumma to open the door. The ajumma doesn't want to hear any explanations from Taeyeon people. But IY is persistent and keeps begging from outside. In the end the lady opens the door and lets them in, as it's cold outside. IY does a good job of becoming friends with the two ladies who were making gift boxes, by helping them. IY claims that she is good at anything that needs hand-making. They get impressed at the designer lady's skills. They tell her why they are opposed to moving out. They are not apartment owners but just tenants. They live hand to mouth and don't have money for moving expenses.  Then JH asks them if they know the people who were picketing at the Taeyeon office.  The women have not heard of anything like a protest event. JH and IY are surprised.

DB asks YR if she knows why JH is suddenly showing some ambition/greed in the company work. YR says that it is not greed but taking responsibility for his work. He wants her to find out the reason for this sudden change anyway. YR: "And if you learn the reason, what comes next?". DB: "Elimination". Though he probably meant "eliminating the reason", YR seems to get shocked as though he meant eliminating JH himself. After he tells her that she can leave, YR says, "Come to think of it, you seem to be the hardest working person in the company. Maybe you are showing an 'ownership spirit'?". He looks at her quizzically. YR explains: "If I leave with JH, it will be you who becomes Taeyeon's owner, right?".  They smirk at each other.

The other three at the office are discussing whether they should've joined JH and IY.  Then DB comes in, and Mr. Jo tells him that those two have gone to Hanbit Apts to meet the residents. Mr. Jo tries to say that they are wasting their time, but as usual gets put in his place by DB who says, "it still seems better than doing nothing, like you are doing".

Episode 74 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 20.30 to End of Episode)

DM calls HM and sets up the appointment to meet her, as JM's sister. She is nervous about the whole thing. The aunt asks what happened to JM's foreign-study plans, and SG says IY is against it because she is worried about his food abroad, when he is not fully healthy yet. The aunt says that it is frustrating to see them throw away opportunities. She wants SG to convince whoever it is, whether IY or JM, and make sure to send him abroad. DM says they should wait for IY to meet HM; she will make the right decision after hearing about the program details.

The aunt wants SG to go along for the choir tomorrow. SG says there is something else she wants to learn. The community center gives guidance on becoming a writer and SG wants to try. She would like to write poems or essays. Her dream was always to become an essayist. DM is surprised and impressed to hear that, but CH thinks it is useless. Dancing or singing is best for relieving stress. SG says CH can go for the choir, but she is going to do what she wants to do. Going to the choir only gives her stress.

IY and JH have a nice chat, walking at night, after they finished meeting some Hanbit Apartment residents. IY says she understands the residents' concerns. JH says it is only to make the apartments more comfortable but IY thinks for some of those poorer tenants, their current place is comfortable enough. She thinks that they will be able to convince them of things becoming better, rather than try to forcibly move them out with legal orders. JH seems to love what she is doing. It's a really beautiful scene with all the night lights on the trees as the background.  Neither of them can seem to stop smiling. (Heck, I thought they would have some serious talk about what that earlier kiss meant and all that; rather, they are both behaving like they are least bothered about it. Like they both just know that they will be together and that she won't be DB's wife or anything, without even saying a word. Just my feeling!)

At home, JH gives an update to BS about what they did, and BS is satisfied.  But YR is not too happy upstairs about JH doing such hard work. Plus, he didn't even call all day. She was worried, she says. JH apologizes for not calling. She requests him to not keep doing things that he has to say sorry for.

DB goes to IY's room, and she says they were out, talking to the residents individually. DB asks if it was because of the picketing outside the office. He thinks they don't have to worry; it can't be handle using the law. IY thinks that even then, convincing even one household to stop objecting, is worth it. He thinks that she is foolhardy, but she teases him, "you learned only now that I'm foolhardy?".  DB then asks her in a smooth way to not hang out too much with JH. He is hearing rumors like they both are dating and all that. DB: "I know more, so it's no issue for me, but later when they hear about us both, it could get awkward, you know". She agrees to be careful. She had no idea, she says.

YR gives a phone number to Maid Nam, claiming it to be of the real estate agency that her grandma deals with.  She also gives a bit of a stern talk to Maid Nam (without realizing that JH was right behind her), that leaves the maid a bit rattled. YR: "Am I tougher to approach than Mother?".  She wants Maid Nam to be clear about this - she does not want her to go through HM. She should talk to YR directly, from now on. (We haven't seen any occasion where JH has so far noticed her harsh side). She turns around and has to quickly put on her nice-girl act, saying "let's go".

CG tells DB that JM and JH met. (So, obviously the guy who took a video of them talking, was CG's surveillance guy). He says JH met him as JM had gone to the Foundation. DB wants to know if JM looked for JH. No, says CG. It was JH who was looking for JM. But DB is puzzled bout how JH knew of JM. We don't hear DB's answer when CG asks what he should do.

DM comes to meet HM, acting like she is the sister. HM says she asked to meet only because she felt bad about JM missing out on such an opportunity. DM says that she had talked to JM, and that it seems to be a bit burdensome for him. HM says there is no need to feel any burden. It is just a volunteer program for young men, from the Foundation. DM tells her about the concern on JM's physical health being not good enough to go abroad alone to study. She says he was unconscious in the hospital for a long time. HM says, "I had heard that". HM doesn't press DM though. Now DM tries to fish, and says she is curious about why HM is paying so much attention to JM. But HM is saved from answering the tough question by a knock on the door.  It is YR.  She and DM look at each other, both of them unsure on what to do.  YR's mouth almost says, "how come?" and DM's almost says, "you!", but neither makes a sound.  [End of Episode]

Episode 75 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.15)

DM and YR just say a hello to each other and DM leaves. She goes outside and calls YR to update her. DM tells her that she couldn't find out from HM the reason why she supported JM, because SeonHwa interrupted it.

YR tells HM that it looked like somebody she hadn't seen there, and apologizes for interrupting, but HM says it was fine. Just when YR is about to say something about IY, and says "IY, you know...", she gets a call. It's IY, who says, "I heard SeonHwa was there just now, and that Seon Hwa was happy". (I suppose she is threatening YR, to get her to keep her mouth shut). IY gives a list of importable dementia drugs that HM had asked her for, and says nothing else.

IY tells the office mates that convincing the objecting Apartment residents will take some work. Some of them are just tenants, who see no benefit from this. But she found that they appear to not know about any protest events. She wants to continue to talk and convince them, though Mr. Jo says she should just wait and do nothing. But Ms. Ha and Mr. Yun want to help her in that work.

YR meets IY in the corridor, asking what the hell that phone call was about. YR: "Trying to threaten me?"... IY says it was just a warning that they both should be careful. YR: "It's you who need to be careful.  What are you doing, sending DM there? And, you really thought I would make some thoughtless mistake?". YR says calmly, that she has to watch out, as YR's thinking can change any time. YR: "So, you would make even DM into an accomplice in this? Just to grab whatever you want? So how do you feel after making even your best friend into a scam artist?".  YR: "It is better than my very best friend betraying me" (haha!).

IY turns to leave and YR asks her not to try getting into JH's head. "You brazenly made him have to protect you earlier at the apartment accident, and yesterday at the picketing also". IY says that she wasn't trying for any affair with him. YR moves threateningly close and warns her - "Whether you are Kim In Yeong or Chae Song Hwa, just don't try to mess with his head any more, I mean! It keeps bothering me".  JH walks by and asks what's going on. YR instantly flips on her nice-girl look, and says they were just talking of the Hanbit Apts matters.

YR talks to JH in his office. She is worried about the picketing, and about HM possibly worrying if she sees that. She would like JH not to step up and deal with them. He should perhaps hand it over to DB to handle. JH gets quite annoyed, and asks if she doesn't believe in him, compared to DB. She says she believes in him, but she is afraid that he will run into difficulties. JH: "Not believing in me is just what that is!  You're saying I won't be able to stand the heat like my brother, right?". He tells her sternly that he is no longer a sick person that she needs to watch and protect.

HM and YR take a walk, he mimics somebody's walk, and then they have some tea.  Just a long time-filler scene.  Nice scene, but nothing substantial here.  He says that he is getting a nice gift thanks to his illness, as she is taking care of him so nicely.  He gets a call from the office.

Director Kim and Director Jeon are trying to tell BS that it would be better for DB to come forward and handle the picketing issue. DB says he had talked to JH and that he seems to want to handle it himself. "I am worried too, but I hope you directors can trust him and wait" (oh, how sweet, eh?). Director Kim says things like he understands how DB feels about his younger brother, but that this is an issue for the company. So on... DB keeps saying that they should wait, and YR is quietly observing the game going on, with a tinge of disgust on her face.  She can't hide a sarcastic smirk, in the end.

.@ jayakris ....OMG!!! OMG!!!.....you are the best ...i am very happy !!!!!!!...i’ve been looking for this kdrama like crazy...... fan of  Seo Do-Young and the casting ......So Thank you very very  much......... for giving your time..... so that we can watch and understand this drama.....I have enjoy it from the 1st episode.....thanks to your very detailed resume.....thank you for sharing this drama.....Forever grateful for all the hard work .....and effort...... you put in this for us!....:grin:

I would never have been able to appreciate it without you , and your summary by épisode....so very very very ....thank you so much!...I look forward to reading the rest of this drama...Thanks again! Fighting!

Episode 75 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.15 to 20.15)

YR tells DB that she tried dissuading JH. But he is stubborn about handling the demonstrators himself. DB says it is alright if he wants to. She asks, "what are you really planning?". He doesn't tell, so she says it's fine if he doesn't want to share it. She knows that all she needs to do is to take JH and go to the U.S. She asks DB to get JH or IY transferred to some other department in the company, using any possible failures in the current Hanbit work as an excuse.  She doesn't want these two to be in the same office. DB: "Why must that be done?". YR: "Because I worry about the rumors on the two. Doesn't that go for you too?". She wants him to just get JH transferred to USA. He reminds her that it is her work to convince JH, when things come to that. She agrees.

JH says he is going to make another trip to the Hanbit Apts, as he has set up a meeting with the residents' representative and the head of the remodeling promotion council. Mr Jo offers to go with him, but he says he will take IY along. Mr. Jo says that IY and the others were talking about other plans, but meeting those two people is the way to go. He asks IY to hurry up and go with JH. (This team-leader is always into brown-nosing. He is a loser, imho, but he hasn't caused any substantial damage with his weasel nature!).

During their walk, IY says that YR was only talking about the the Hanbit work and her concerns about JH.  He says that everybody seems to not trust him in this work, and asks if IY feels even more so, compared to others. She says no. She trusts JH. She knows that JH will take care of this problem properly. JH: "But your own issues?". She says it is her own issue that she has to take care of. Nothing to do with JH. (Again, there is striking understanding in their approach with each other. Like they can trust each other to do things right, and they don't even need to talk or argue)

She asks him to go ahead and meet those two gentlemen himself. It is better for her to make some more visits to the objecting residents, and try to convince them.  She buys some snack items and take them to the two ajummas she helped yesterday. She has them totally on her side now. One of the ajummas says that she should be in sales, and not in design. IY then hears the other ajumma say that she heard something strange from another ajumma in their building block. Apparently somebody was offering money for demonstrating in front of the Taeyeon Group offices. The ajumma also tells IY that more than half of the picketing people seem to be not living in the apartments. It seems 200K Won ($175) is the wage. The ajumma says they should've gone for that, rather than do the gift box part-time work. IY asks whom she can talk to, about this. She is told that a woman in Apt 109 would know.

IY goes to Apt. 109, recalling what the ajumma said about that woman running a karaoke place from her apartment, things getting raunchy, and running into ruin with a lawsuit and a divorce. She is a vindictive woman, apparently. IY knocks at the door (the woman's name seems to be Jang Gyeong Sun). Looks like IY has told JH too. He comes and joins her. She finally opens the door to say that she doesn't want to talk, but JH puts his foot in the door and stops her from closing it. She says she will call the cops, and IY tells her to go ahead - they were already thinking of reporting the paid-demonstration thing to the cops. JH says she can actually go with them to the cops, rather. She says all she did was to do as told.  She is already under probation, and can't afford to get caught by the cops, so she gives the card of the guy who is organizing the picketing. It is Mr. Jo Seong Hwan who runs an investigation firm with the weird name "Famous Planning"; none other than DB's private investigator, whom JH had met.

IY asks JH if he knows what "Famous Planning" does. JH tells her nothing, and asks her to return to the office. He needs to go somewhere. She wants to go with him, but he doesn't want that. She asks, "you know something about this Famous Planning, right?". He says he can't say yet. He will find out more and tell her. He wants her to keep this quiet from everybody at work and home.

IY tells the office team that the residents' rep and the promotion council head are not finding it easy to convince the residents, as per JH's meeting with them.  Mr. Jo says that he is already hearing company rumors that the project may get moved to another department if the troubles continue, or the man-in-charge may be changed to the bonbujang (HQ director; DB).  Ms. Ha has also heard the rumors that the directors don't believe in her office chief, and she looks very sad. IY says there will be some way out; there is still time left before the scheduled start of construction work.

40 minutes ago, floridafanta said:

jayakris ....OMG!!! OMG!!!.....you are the best ...i am very happy !!!!!!!...i’ve been looking for this kdrama like crazy...... fan of  Seo Do-Young and the casting ......So Thank you very very  much......... for giving your time.....

You're welcome @floridafanta... Glad that you joined the discussion.  It is fun for me to do, though time-consuming. I get to improve my Korean too.  The drama is really one of the better daily dramas (may be even the best in a long time) that I have seen.  The writing and production qualities are very good and they are doing it in a serious manner.  Not too much of fluff stuff.  The overall schemes of IY, YR, and DB are borderline insane and tough to believe, but beyond that, the drama is very carefully put together. Things fit in without too many holes in a very complicated story.  The acting is just superb, by everybody.

Actually, without perfect acting, this drama story-line wouldn't hold up.  IY, for instance, has not even allowed DB to give her a kiss so far, but the way she charms him, one can almost imagine a guy staying with her.  The same goes for YR being accepted by HM, BS and JH as a very kind soul.   Seo Do-Young has been superb too, and we often can see what he is thinking with very minimal expressions on his face.

Episode 75 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

JH meets the "Famous Planning" guy. He thinks JH is there to ask about the re-investigation of his accident, but JH says he came for something else. IY asks him if he knows Ms. Jang Gyeong Sun who lives at the Hanbit Apartments. He acts like he doesn't know her. JH says she is somebody who got paid to go and picket at the Taeyeon offices. He still denies knowledge, and JH shows him his card that he got from her. JH asks if he should go to the police. JH: "Who asked you to do this?" (Incidentally, the drama cheated us in the preview.  This line was followed by "was it Bonbujang Kang Dong Bin?" in the preview! But he didn't say it here).  The guy still feigns ignorance, and JH is pretty mad as he walks out of the building.

DM tells SG that IY had called and said that she met HM. And SG is not happy that she came all the way to Seoul but didn't come home. The aunt thinks IY is not too goody-goody in her attitude. More like a bear than a fox (some Korean idiom, I suppose). DM stands up for IY. She is at least not a vixen who sticks it to you from behind. DM thinks she and IY are similar in that regard. The aunt thinks that a fox is better than a foolhardy bear. DM tells CH that she will feel differently after somebody sticks it to her from behind. Haha. CH wants SG to go with her to some trip the choir ladies are doing. SG is not interested. She has a side-dish business to run. SG reminds CH about the big talk she did about getting her on Homeshopping TV and all that. CH notices that SG really wants to make money now. SG says she wants to be a mom who earns enough for the children to be well off. The aunt now bothers her about going for the writing classes, which she also wants to do now. She is just bored, I guess...

The aunt follows HM to her room, where HM was about to call IY. She offers to not talk during a call like she sometimes does. SG calls her daughter.  IY just lies to her that HM and she talked about whether JH is healthy enough, etc, so she said JM shouldn't do it now. (SG kinda gives up here). IY offers to work hard and send JM abroad later.  SG doesn't want IY to do that. She will earn money herself. DB comes into IY's room, asking her to go down to have some fruits.  IY cuts the phone off, and claims that it was some spam call.  SG tells the aunt that she stopped the call as somebody seemed to call her. CH asks if it was a man, but SG says that it may have been just some TV sound, and maybe her battery died.  Anyway, she heard DB's voice there.

The surveillance guy is following JM who is walking in an ally, talking to DM. JM sees the guy, who goes into a side alley when spotted by JM.

IY, DB and YR have a chat with BS and HM. DB commends him on the walking exercises. IY talks about JH working hard to take care of the picketing problem.  DB again acts like the trusting brother, saying that JH will do just fine. Nothing to worry.

HM and BS talk about the picketing problem. He tells her that the directors are clamoring for DB to take charge if the problem becomes any bigger. For now it is status quo though. BS actually thinks that it is a good thing that DB is there for JH. (But it is clear on HM's face that she already has her doubts). HM wonders if they should tell JH that DB is not his real brother. BS thinks that they had agreed to wait for DB himself to tell. That is true, says HM, but she thinks it may not be easy for DB to tell JH.

JH comes home, and doesn't even look at DB. He tells YR that he had to meet somebody.  DB asks him whom he had to meet, and why he was worrying YR without even calling her. Only then does JH even look at DB, and he only gives a stern stare.  DB asks, "what?", and he still says nothing.  DB goes to JH's room and asks, "is it some Hanbit Apartment problem?".  DB says JH needn't worry; he can help anyway. JH: "You will help me, you mean?". DB says, of course! How can he not, if JH needs his help.  JH: "So, how  will you be helping?". DB can see that there is some problem here. He asks, "what??".  JH repeats - "I asked how you will be helping?"  [End of Episode]

Episode 76 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.30)

The episode starts with a good 2.5 minutes recap of the whole story from the beginning.

Continuing from Ep 75, DB acts like he won't take the stern lines ("How will you be helping me, I asked!") from JH seriously, and laughs it off saying, "you must be under stress".  JH: "That seems right". DB asks him to not feel stress. He will be on JH's side to help. JH keeps staring but DB just leaves. But, once outside, DB thinks to himself, "it looks like ending things will be easier than expected".  He smiles to himself.  Inside, JH is wondering what DB's plan might be, in hindering the Hanbit Apts work.

JM tells DM that he was followed by somebody just now in the alleys. He is uneasy about it. He thinks he saw that same guy at a restaurant earlier too (when he met JH, probably). DM thinks he shouldn't walk alone like that. She will walk with him, and make sure if he was imagining things or if somebody was actually stalking him.  DM calls and passes the news on to IY, who also wants him to not walk alone. She wants DM to walk with him, at the time when he gets off from work or school. They wonder who might be doing this.

DM comes out of the house, seemingly to check on whether CG is around. She finds the car there, and wonders if it was somebody else that he sent after JM. Then JH also comes out asks why she is there. She says it was to get some air, and asks him about what happened to what he went to check on, yesterday (on the "Famous Planning" guy). JH says he is still trying to confirm things. She would like to know who was behind the picketing, before things get even worse, and JH says he will know very soon.

SG is packing a lot of snacks and sweets (gangjeong - sweet rice puffs) to be taken as gifts to the house that has been ordering a lot of their side dishes. CH is helping SG, and bugging SG to take her along. Her plan is to get to know the rich family for some business networking reasons. SG finally agrees that CH can join. She runs out to do some "setting" of her hair and get dressed.

Maid Nam is giving walking directions to the house, and tells HM that it was to the side-dish supplier who is delivering it by herself today. HM leaves for work, but just as she drives out to the street, she sees the two ladies going into the house.

SG and CH sit in the living room at the Taeyeon house, and CH is all excited to be in a  rich house. She says that some Mr. Dong Gi lives in a similar rich house. That is the choir conductor or something, as she tells SG.  She seems to be after him? Anyway, just random talk from the aunt. CH is all impressed when Maid Nam brings some tea for them. Maid Nam says that the chairman likes the taste, and that they will be ordering for a month, in advance. CH talks about their side dishes' not having anything unhealthy in it, and Maid Nam agrees that it is why they are ordering from them; for the chairman's health. They give the sweets gift, and CH also gives a box of herbal stuff from the shop as "service" (Konglish for free add-on).  Now we see that the aunt has taken Maid Nam as the madame of the house.  She is trying her best to flatter her about her beauty and skin tone. Finally Maid Nam tells her that she is just a worker there. The real Madame is at work. The aunt is disappointed.

Episode 76 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.30 to 22.00)

HM calls Maid Nam and hears that the ladies were bringing the side-dish order. HM thought the orders were being courier-delivered, but Maid Nam says that the ladies themselves came today because they wanted to bring some gifts too. HM wants to know if the orders were under HM's name. Maid Nam says that she has had it only under her own name. Now HM wants to know if they knew that it was the Taeyeon Group house. Maid Nam thinks they didn't.

BS is talkng to JH and DB, and asks what the dissenting Hanbit residents want. DB says the apartment association had talked about right-to-sell claim applications. It seems the compensation level is not good enough for those not wanting to move. They are asking for a cut of even the apartment development profit. (some confusing stuff like that!). BS is pretty upset, and turns to JH to ask what he's been doing when it was getting this bad. JH just says sorry. DB says the picketing guys are the real issue now, and that it is not JH's fault. (But now JH's face clearly shows that he is not falling for DB's loving-brother support act!).  DB says this can be handled on the basis of the law. He asks BS if they should start paperwork on registering title transfers (of those apartments; I suppose this is the legal recourse). JH is against that drastic measure, and tells BS that he needs a bit more time, as he is in touch with the dissenting residents. DB warns that it could bring delays during construction, and affect their image if the picketing continues.  JH asks the counter question whether the image won't be affected if they took the legal route and forcibly evicted people. Basically they keep arguing and BS finally says "stop it". He is going to take it to the director board and leave it to them to decide.  DB smiles (as he knows where that will go), and JH also agrees.

On the way out, DB asks what JH meant when he said he was "in touch with the dissenting residents". JH says he meant exactly what he said. He is talking to them individually. DB thinks it is a waste of time. He asks what JH will do if the Group (the directors, I suppose) were opposed to that. JH says he will handle it. DB advises him in an arrogant style that "sometimes, admitting a deficiency is also courage", and he walks away.

The P&D office team is worried. Mr. Yun says that hardly anybody objected at the time when they explained the remodeling plans to the residents earlier. He also heard that the apartment association had taken care of the few who objected when the agreements were signed. They are puzzled about what happened now. Mr. Jo worries that JH may even be moved out from the Hanbit project. IY says JH will handle it at first, but then gets up to leave saying they cannot just sit and watch. Mr. Yun wants to go along, but she leaves after asking his favor on handling the Overseas project work that is due today.

Director Kim tells DB that the Hanbit project will come to DB if things go like this. DB wants him to move the directors, and send JH to an overseas branch, if that happens. DB thinks BS may not allow that, but DB is confident that he can handle that. Mr. Kim says that setting up the Chinese company is done and that they can quietly start on their plan now. DB wants to wait, but Director Kim thinks it is better to move the funds when everybody's attention is on the Hanbit issue. (They are really planning to steal money, I suppose?).  DB thinks they need to be cautious at this time. He wants to wait.

DB goes to YR's office to tell her that she should be going and comforting JH.  (He is fully confident that this is all going his way!). YR asks if he means that the Hanbit project is coming to him, and asks what he is planning on the transfers of JH and IY. He thinks it will take a bit longer to transfer JH to the U.S. office, but he can transfer IY soon to the Overseas Projects department. She asks if it isn't better to send her to Showroom Management, because there is more for a designer to do there, than in Overseas Projects. DB says he will figure it out. He just wants her to take good care of JH.

JH comes to the office, finds from the team that IY has gone out to do something about the problem, and he goes right back out again too. Mr. Jo keeps saying that it is not a problem that can be solved in this manner. The other two ask what his solution is, and he makes an attempt at it, but Ms. Ha and Mr. Yun aren't buying it.

To much of talking in IY's next scene with the apartment residents, so I will skip the details. Basically she explains to them how they will all be better off, and tells them about how Ms. Jang Gyeong Sun had her own reasons to join the demonstrators even after she was supporting the remodeling at first. The two ladies that IY had as her friends also help her. In the end they wanted to see the designs once more, as they didn't understand earlier at the explanation meetings.  She is only glad to oblige.

Episode 76 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

JH meets Ms. Jang Gyeong Sun (the lady in Apt 109 that JH and IY had met earlier), who seems to be the coordinator of the pack of dissenters. This time she tries to say that she can go to the cops, but JH knows that she was bluffing and tells her that all he wanted is an agreement that she will not demonstrate against remodeling.  She agrees, as long as she doesn't have to pay back the money she got for the demonstration.

JH sees IY who also has got agreements from the dissenters. (Now it looks like it was only 7 or 8 people who were dissenting; the rest was all really paid picketers). They are both happy, and can't wait to tell each other what they have done. JH says that the demonstration is fully over.

DB gets a call from his PI saying that Ms. Jang is not going to help picket anymore, and that JH had met her, and then the PI himself. DB is shocked and wants to know if he mentioned DB.  He says he didn't, but he felt that JH was already sensing it. DB is upset that the PI is calling him only now.

JH tells BS that he and IY talked to the residents and have taken care of the issue. BS is happy that it got done faster than expected.  Meanwhile, DB is in his office, looking out the window and wondering what to do now.

The team wants to go out for drinks to celebrate. YR comes to the office. JH tells her that they are going for drinks, so she would have to go home herself. She says fine. She asks IY if she is leaving too, when DB is still working at his office. IY says she will join the team, because DB had told her that he had a dinner to go to. YR asks IY to not let JH drink much. YR: "He is to be your junior brother-in-law, you know". She leaves, saying she will trust IY on that, leaving IY to wonder what this was about!

HM comes home and tells Maid Nam that she wants the side-dishes changed to some other place they had looked at earlier. Maid Nam asks why, and she says the current side dishes are upsetting his stomach, though he says he likes the taste. Maid Nam looks puzzled about it.

At the drinking joint, the team members praise JH and IY for the great work, while JH and IY praise each other. Ms. Ha and Ms. Yun takes digs at the team-leader for changing his tune after saying all along that what JH and IY were doing was not the way. They make JH and IY drink, but IY does stop JH from drinking extra.  They all come out and decide to go to a karaoke bar for more fun.  But JH gets a call from DB to meet him.

JH meets DB, who asks if he left in the middle of the team outing. JH says yes. He wants DB to say what he called him for. DB: "You are really mad at me, huh?. JH says nothing. DB: "I heard you went to Famous Planning. Why didn't you say anything?". JH: "Was it you who did it?". DB: "Mmm, it was me. Once you found out it was me, you should've just come and talked to me. I'm your brother after all. Where you going to just keep it to yourself?". JH: "Because I couldn't believe it. Why would you do that? I just can't understand for what purpose you would do that". DB says he can explain it. Actually he can justify it.  IY says he will not understand it, whatever is the reason DB gives. After saying in front of their dad that he would help, how could he do this from behind? IY: "Because I am not your real brother". JH: "What?". IY: "Father... is not my father"  [End of Episode]

10 hours ago, jayakris said:

That was a bit of a surprise that DB just came out and admitted that he did it, to JH.  I wonder what his plan is, now!   Weird...  This drama is a bit unpredictable at times.

What I don't understand is how you justify what you did by saying its because you are adopted. SO WHAT DB?! These people raised you as their son and JH treated you as his brother! Just because he found out he was not blood it was ok to mess up a project of JH's? All the feelings of family are now gone and you want to make JH look bad? That is not an excuse to do what he did. You are resentful so you try to sabotage his project? I hope as well that JH does not buy that stupid excuse of DB's because even without blood JH was considered your brother. Also JH has nothing to do with any of that he was not even born before then or was really young. If I was JH I would tell him so what if he is not blood. HE saw DB as his brother and is that what a brother does to another?

I knew on some level DB would use the excuse of not being blood to do bad things but at the same time why is it ok to try to hurt someone who is suppose to be family blood or not? I am not sure how JH is suppose to respond to that. I am sure disbelief at first but even if its true why should that be an excuse to mess up his project? Because he is BS's blood child? Just crazy.. DB did wrong and is he trying to guilt JH? Perhaps BS and HM did not want JH to know right now. What is his motive in revealing that. JH can't change the past or the facts.

I don't know about anyone else watching this drama but when I see DB and YR meeting and IY and JH together I see different teams that will be fighting over that company. I see DB and YR trying to take it and I see IY and JH trying to hold on to it and defend it.

Archived