[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Monkey is in love after that one kiss haha

now he keeps asking for more :wub:

now now ... do you still want to eat her dear Oh Gong nim?

cute cute cuteeee

anyone read the comment on this ep? Is it good? I still haven't got the guts to read them

• Like 7

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Hello everyone, Just saw the first episode on viki.  I liked it.  Not much to say about it though. The concept is cute. But not very in depths character development yet.  We don't know the back stories.  Magical beings are difficult to relate to. I know there was annoyance at comparisons to Goblin - so I am not doing that, but early on we got a deep view of the pain and suffering of the characters - this one is more like a cartoon - the characters are still superficial two dimensional.  I think in the upcoming episodes we will find out more, I hope.       

Anyway, this one feels more like Masters Sun than goblin.   Also Hong sisters.

Lee Seung Gi is very good in this role.  Also reminds me of his his role in Gu Family Book

Like you I just watched the show on Viki and enjoyed it.  I think this show has promise, and it reminds me of the style of “Master Sun” rather than “Bride of the Water Goblin”.  For me, that is a plus because I lost interest in water goblin.  I also don’t know the legend from where the story comes so again I don’t have a preconceived idea of what will happen.  That is a good thing because I am judging it on its own merits.  I like that it is different and that there is a supernatural bent to it. I like that there will be action and surprises.  That keeps me wanting to come back.  The start is a little slow but that is to be expected as they need to set up the characters and rules under which these characters have to operate. Again I think they are doing a good job of that and it is important to establish the rules of the story for it to make sense later. For those who are tempted to compare it to other stories or see it as a remake/ retelling of the Chinese legend, I would advise against that. In the end, this drama needs to make its own case and stand on its own merits as a good story.  I watch dramas from Thailand, China, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea and one thing I have learned is that sometimes remakes and retellings made in a different country end up being better than the original.  For me, that was true for the Thai remake of “Full House’, The Korean remakes of “It started with a kiss” and “Boys over Flowers”.  I can’t wait for episode 2 and how the story will power ahead. I love the main actors and can’t wait of Lee Hongki’s character to appear in more than a concert scene ( the concert scene we saw is a real FT Island performance using one of their songs that I love).  I see lots of fun ahead for all of us.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

I can’t wait for episode 2 and how the story will power ahead. I love the main actors and can’t wait of Lee Hongki’s character to appear in more than a concert sean ( the concert sean we saw is a real FT Island take with one of their songs).  I see lots of fun ahead for all of us

I can't tell if episode 2 was better than episode 1. They both had some great moments. Hong-ki appears in several scenes in episode 2. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, incoty said:

I can't tell if episode 2 was better than episode 1. They both had some great moments. Hong-ki appears in several scenes in episode 2. 

Thanks for the heads up I am waiting for viki to sub and post ep 2.  I may just have to go and watch it raw somewhere as a little Christmas present to myself. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, akoomy said:

Hey guys, the drama seems to be of great quality, too bad tvn ruined the 2nd episode but i believe it won't affect it at all since the buzz is till there. Can someone tell us the reception of today's episode?

The reception for today ep is good

am i right?

people seem to have forgiven tvn after today ep lol:lol:

Edit: i read some news article that theyl will only air ep 3 on Saturday next week. There will be no ep on Sunday (someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I read lots of comments saying they forgave tvn cos today ep was really good but they got mad again because they changed the scheduling for next week eps again lmao 

initial plan was to air ep 3 on usual time and ep 1-4 on Sunday but now they cancel the airing on Sunday altogether..

it's like they gonna air whenever they want. What's happening to tvn? :wacko:

• Like 7

Omg also OYS and Seunggi's chemistry is awesome. The drama made me laugh just from a few stills, I predict people jumping on board gradually

1 minute ago, haymochi said:

I read lots of comments saying they forgave tvn cos today ep was really good but they got mad again because they changed the scheduling for next week eps again lmao 

initial plan was to air ep 3 on usual time and ep 1-4 on Sunday but now they cancel the airing on Sunday altogether..

it's like they gonna air whenever they want. What's happening to tvn? :wacko:

If TvN can't handle two, 1h30 episodes a week, they should just do two 45 min episodes a week

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sukrutha said:

Hello guys....where can I find the rebroadcasted episode 2..I cant find it anywhere :(

I think you have to wait. It's only been a few hours since broadcasted 

Spoiler

You can download the raw though. It's available already

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching ep 1 with subtitle and it was pretty amazing (and scary) start! 

Love all characters (except the creepy ghosts) and look forward for next episodes. Heard some troubles with the broadcast of the 2nd episode. Do you guys happen to know where I can download the re-broadcasted one? 

• Like 4

hi everyone 

i think i am going to join this drama this far i watched ep 1 and i am waiting to see ep 2 after seeing some of the videos from it 

i  like the drama so far and i liked the story and everyone so i hope it going to keep this mood till the end 

i will write more after watching  the full ep 2 with sub to find the miss part after what happen in sunday 

• Like 5

I see that the CG effects of ep 2 was not as good as ep 1. They need to do something about CG team lol

but i really want to applaud Hong Sisters for her  creativity. They are always good in writing fantasy dramas esp those based on legends.

I never expect the ghost from the photo would suck Sunmi into the past and brought our monkey to rescue her....

do i sense twilight elements a bit? Like her blood is different from normal human being and the guy is drawn by the smell of her blood, etc

anyway loving the drama so much. This is something new 

• Like 7