Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

@kimlean62, Happy you like the pic. I just think it just shows off that hansome face of his. Can you imagine how much handsome and hotter (if there could be such a thing as far as KB is concerned) he is going to be after MS? I hope you and @vvxen, @willenette all had a Happy New Year. Does anyone have any info about the upcoming Bruce Lee drama?

• Like 2

On 1/2/2016 at 3:32 AM, evie7 said:

@kimlean62, Happy you like the pic. I just think it just shows off that hansome face of his. Can you imagine how much handsome and hotter (if there could be such a thing as far as KB is concerned) he is going to be after MS? I hope you and @vvxen, @willenette all had a Happy New Year. Does anyone have any info about the upcoming Bruce Lee drama?

He'll develop more rugged, well-defined features post-army for sure. As much as I'd like to see a manlier Bummie, I don't think I'm ready to let him go yet. :bawling: He better give us a monumental project first, with an explosive loveline of course. :relaxed:

As for his Bruce Lee drama, I suppose he has wrapped up filming for that because I haven't gotten wind of any news save for the photos I posted before. 

Edited by vvxen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2016 at 10:51 PM, evie7 said:

@vvxen I miss him too. It has been too quiet. Thanks for the update

Hi evie7, I join with you both - I miss KB, too! :P

[Photos] Happy Seollal 2016! Greetings from Hallyu!

Actors, actresses and singers express their greetings for Seollal, one of the most celebrated national holidays in Korea. More photos after the jump.

(skipped unrelated.....)

photo684301.jpg

King Kong Entertainment: Kim Beom, Yoon Jin-i, Kim Ji-an, Park Min-woo, Oh Ah-yeon, Jeong Dong-hyeon, Kim Ji-won-I, Jo Yoon-hee, Ji Il-joo, Lee Dong-wook, Lim Joo-eun, Jo Yoon-woo, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kang Eun-ah, Lee Gwang-soo

source : Hancinema

• Like 3

How's everyone doing? Word has it that Bummie is confirmed for Mrs. Cop 2. I heard that Son Dambi is also in talks for it so this is a potential 'Dream' (2009 drama) reunion. 

Here's the link to the article: http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000448919

If google translator served me right, I think he's up for an antagonist role? Interesting! :tounge_wink:

EDIT:

Kim Bum confirmed for drama 'Ms. Cop 2'!

kim-bum_1455243749_af_org.jpg

Actor Kim Bum has joined the cast of upcoming drama, 'Ms. Cop 2'!

A representative of SBS reported, "Actor Kim Bum will make a dramatic transformation as Lee Ro Jun, a stubborn character willing to do anything for the welfare of his future." 

Kim Bum will be joining Seulong, Son Dam Bi, Kim Min Jong, and Kim Sung Ryung in the anticipated action drama, set to air in March. 

cr: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/kim-bum-confirmed-for-drama-ms-cop-2

• Like 2

So he's a baddie alright! I'm so ready for badass Bummie!

Kim Bum becomes a baddie for Mrs. Cop 2

by girlfriday | February 12, 2016 | No Comments

Huh, what in the what? Kim Bum is joining Mrs. Cop 2? I have nothing against the drama, but it seems like a weird choice for him, especially after headlining his own badass police drama Hidden Identity for tvN. But maybe he just knows the appeal of Dark Bummie (and who could blame him, really), because he’s signed on to play the antagonist in Mrs. Cop’s sequel, over at SBS in March. A year ago I might’ve said that was absurd, but now I rather like the idea of Kim Bum as a baddie.

The series is technically more like a spinoff of Mrs. Cop rather than a sequel, with Kim Sung-ryung (Queen’s Flower) starring as the new Mrs. Cop who’ll lead a team of detectives in the violent crimes unit. She’s an elite FBI-trained agent who returns to work on a case that’s connected to her past. Kim Min-jong is the only member of the original cast who will reprise his role as the section chief who overseas the team.

Im Seul-ong (Ho-gu’s Love) and Sohn Dam-bi (What’s With This Family) will be the new younger pair of partners on the team. Im Seul-ong’s character is a rule-follower boy scout type who’s incorruptible, but a chameleon in the field when it’s required of him. And Sohn Dam-bi is a former small-town cop who both envies and admires Kim Sung-ryung for being so sophisticated and good at her job.

Kim Bum will play the director of EL Capital, the largest private loan company in the business, with more capital and information than any competitor. Ack, that’s just fancy talk for loan shark! His character is described as a handsome, sharply-dressed, well-mannered man with a pleasant smile on the outside, who’s a vicious, cold person underneath it all. He’s extremely smart and such a smooth talker that he knows how to get information out of people and use it against them cruelly.

Well, rich pretty-boy coldblooded villains ARE all the rage these days. Just look at Yoo Ah-in in Veteran and Namgoong Min in Remember—Son’s War. The dark side ended up being a career-changer for Namgoong Min, so take a page out of his playbook: If you’re gonna go evil, just go crazy, balls-out eeeeeeeeevil.

Mrs. Cop 2 follows I Have a Lover on Saturdays and Sundays in March.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/kim-bum-becomes-a-baddie-for-mrs-cop-2/#comments

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kimlean62 said:

A Baddie!  Hmmmmmm!  I was hoping for a rom com!  Is this his last project before military duties?  Aish!  I was hoping for something fun. Well, I still love him!  

I do hope not. I believe he still has more than a year or so before he's due for enlistment. I, too, wanted to see him in a romantic drama, but this is his first foray into an antagonistic territory so that's one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to it. :blush: Are you, by any chance, watching 'Remember'? Nam Goong Min is pulling off the villain role brilliantly. 

• Like 1

@vvxen, Thanks for the updates! I just heard the news, wow I'm happy he's going to be the bad guy. It such a good chance for him to show his range as an actor:wub:  I can't wait to see him in this role. I too want to see him in a romantic drama so maybe he will do one next. I'm just happy to see him in a drama again.

• Like 1

On February 13, 2016 at 2:28 PM, vvxen said:

I do hope not. I believe he still has more than a year or so before he's due for enlistment. I, too, wanted to see him in a romantic drama, but this is his first foray into an antagonistic territory so that's one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to it. :blush: Are you, by any chance, watching 'Remember'? Nam Goong Min is pulling off the villain role brilliantly. 

• No.  I started but just don't have time to watch right now.  So intense!  I will later.  I am sure Bummie will be a great baddie.  He can do that attitude thing real great!  I guess he is going to be that evil thing in sheep's clothing?  So I am going to love to hate him?   Hehehe! :w00t:
  • Like 2

@evie7 Yes, I believe he intends to expand his repertoire by going into uncharted waters. This role sounds very demanding, even on paper, because it requires a nuanced performance and the actor must have the goods to deliver. 

@kimlean62 You nailed it, that's exactly what I have in mind about his character: a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you're going to love to hate him, I guess I'll be the opposite? Because I don't think I'll ever have the heart to hate him so I think I'll hate to love him. :lol:

I so want to see him in a romcom too after this. But I'm still racking my brains on which actress will have a potential mind-blowing chemistry with him. :blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kimlean62 said:

Wouldn't a recast with Kim So Eun be wonderful!  They look so good together! :wub:

For the record, I used to be a diehard Bumsso shipper. :tounge_wink:

Yeah, I don't think he matches well with actresses who are younger than him. Though I'd like to see him with someone who's the same age as him this time. :love:

• Like 2