[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

Hahahaha I'm so sorry for the kilometric post! This is me needing monday to come soon so badly. Or an extra preview and some fan taken shots? :D

Dream or not, I'm grateful it isn't a goldfish kiss. They need to correct the fish kiss at the bus station by any means. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, kimnabong said:

Hahahaha I'm so sorry for the kilometric post! This is me needing monday to come soon so badly. Or an extra preview and some fan taken shots? :D

Dream or not, I'm grateful it isn't a goldfish kiss. They need to correct the fish kiss at the bus station by any means. 

Don't be sorry. Your post was absolutely amazing!

I'm re-watching Episode 4 right now and had to pause it. We can still see certain moments from Se Hee's POV (the morning after the proposal acceptance when both of them were enjoying the morning, and the night before when she said she'd like to try marriage and did a hard pivot to recycling.)

I wonder, when did they stop showing Se Hee's POV when it came to Ji Ho? (besides the jealous Bok Nam scene and uphill run). 

Also, I think the bus stop kiss was sweet. It didn't look like goldfish lips to me... trust me, I've seen WAY worse. hahahaha

Again, thank you for your amazing post. I sincerely hope they show ep 11 in Se Hee's POV. 

• Like 12

Hai first lifers!! real life and works really hit me this week (and maybe this month) so I rarely open this thread :bawling::bawling:

last time I open this thread there was just 93 pages but now is 133 :astonished:  and have not back reading yet

after watched it , I just realized that the date in the marriage registration and that poetry book has the same date 24th of December which is a Christmas Eve. I think SH and his ex want to exchange gift, SH ex want to give him that poetry book and SH give her that marriage registration, but something happened between them and SH's father. SH's father maybe oppose their marriage for the sake of SH referred to their conversation in ep 10. 

Spoiler

EhYviRA.png

wSmVB9q.png

and about that maslow hierarchys, I think SH also already involve at that pyramids. first level basic need, JH already fulfill his basic need which is pay the rent, do house chores, recycling bins and take care kitty. second level safety need, SH concerned about JH safety like he did in ep 9 and 10 he waits for JH in the bus stop and when he didn't see JH in bus stop near her work place he get off from bus and ask her if she still working.

• Like 16

ah I think this production team has a master of preview makers cause every preview already satisfied and make me curious :D

when SH called JH in the preview it feels like Déjà vu like he did in terminal bus, so maybe he ask JH again did she like him. or maybe the pd want to make it like Déjà vu for the preview but its actually a comic scene like SH called JH cause the kimchi or suyuk (most of korean make suyuk after kimjang) was done  :D:D

and if that kiss is a daydream, I think my expression would be like this

khkhByW.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Don't be sorry. Your post was absolutely amazing!

I'm re-watching Episode 4 right now and had to pause it. We can still see certain moments from Se Hee's POV (the morning after the proposal acceptance when both of them were enjoying the morning, and the night before when she said she'd like to try marriage and did a hard pivot to recycling.)

I wonder, when did they stop showing Se Hee's POV when it came to Ji Ho? (besides the jealous Bok Nam scene and uphill run). 

Also, I think the bus stop kiss was sweet. It didn't look like goldfish lips to me... trust me, I've seen WAY worse. hahahaha

Again, thank you for your amazing post. I sincerely hope they show ep 11 in Se Hee's POV. 

My innards are actually getting giddy just thinking about more kisses from this couple. I'm already out there riding the trajectory that these two will end up together and that it's just a matter of when and how for now.  

I am however wondering whether the drama will show them consummating their marriage. I mean there are three main couples in the drama. Though "love" scenes were never explicit, it states very clearly that two of the couples are sexually active so intercourse isn't taboo in this setting. I feel like for their marriage to completely depart the contractual pretext and for the couple to be more than just "boyfriend-girlfriend" in a fake marriage, they will have to consummate it. I have this sense that although their wedding is valid, it isn't really real because they did it for different reasons. Now, it's more like they're liking the person they have a contract with and then they'll be dating, but it's still encased under a "fake marriage". I feel like they need to show the two of them "marrying again for real, complete with devotion". Since getting married again in a wedding hall is both redundant and expensive, their real wedding should therefore be symbolized by consummation or maybe submitting the registration at the city hall. I'd like both. hehe. I like the idea of using sweet and meaningful intercourse as the ultimate culmination of their becoming one (and then submitting forms at the city hall after) because it gives the deed a different layer of meaning. It will make for nice balance against the two other couples who do the deed for excitement or as a habit. But I don't know how the drama will do it without forcing it in or without making it "dirty" because these two are probably the most wholesome couple in kdramaland right now. 

Monday come fast please. 

And now I'm feeling immensely sad that we actually only have three weeks left. Seesh. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kimnabong said:

My innards are actually getting giddy just thinking about more kisses from this couple. I'm already out there riding the trajectory that these two will end up together and that it's just a matter of when and how for now.  

I am however wondering whether the drama will show them consummating their marriage. I mean there are three main couples in the drama. Though "love" scenes were never explicit, it states very clearly that two of the couples are sexually active so intercourse isn't taboo in this setting. I feel like for their marriage to completely depart the contractual pretext and for the couple to be more than just "boyfriend-girlfriend" in a fake marriage, they will have to consummate it. I have this sense that although their wedding is valid, it isn't really real because they did it for different reasons. Now, it's more like they're liking the person they have a contract with and then they'll be dating, but it's still encased under a "fake marriage". I feel like they need to show the two of them "marrying again for real, complete with devotion". Since getting married again in a wedding hall is both redundant and expensive, their real wedding should therefore be symbolized by consummation or maybe submitting the registration at the city hall. I'd like both. hehe. I like the idea of using sweet and meaningful intercourse as the ultimate culmination of their becoming one (and then submitting forms at the city hall after) because it gives the deed a different layer of meaning. It will make for nice balance against the two other couples who do the deed for excitement or as a habit. But I don't know how the drama will do it without forcing it in or without making it "dirty" because these two are probably the most wholesome couple in kdramaland right now. 

Monday come fast please. 

And now I'm feeling immensely sad that we actually only have three weeks left. Seesh. 

Let’s not think about the drama ending just yet... I might go crazy. Hahhahah

I totally get what you’re saying and I agree with you. I hope that after all that build up we’ll get some intimacy/beautiful scenes of luuurve. I mean, come on. If Ji Ho’s donsaeng had one at ep 1, she should have one as well!!! Or else I’ll flip a table! 

I am kidding. :) 

i look forward to shy smiles, gentle touches and romantic moments in and outside the home. Heck, if Dad pays off the house, they can afford a honeymoon, right? Maybe do something like Goong and marry in another country. Or maybe go to England and watch Arsenal live. Or take her to the stadium and propose for real there. 

Another wish—that Se Hee actually does the pick her up instead of Cat scenario to Ji Ho later in the drama. You know, that scene that she described to the high school friends. 

Then Ji Ho can make her friends blush with her stories hahhaha. 

Here’s another thought, maybe after Namhae, Ji Ho’s mom gives Se Hee a container of snake soup to take home. And then one night, after dinner... Se Hee gets “hot and bothered” hehehehe. I’ll let your imagination take it from here. :)

see what the long road to ep 11 is doing to us?!?!!!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 12

@triplem, I have to delurk after reading your wonderful comments here especially your reference to EPL and the football tactics and how the writer of this daebak drama is using Arsenal (supporting another club though)to make it more realistic. Your analysis is just spot on. 

As a football fanatic (watching live matches, going to stadiums, supported S Korea at Seoul during the 2014 WC & watched & supported S Korea & England during the recent 2017 U20 WC in Suwon) I'm delighted to be watching a drama I love to bits using football as an analogy.

SH has to be the number 1 FOOTBALL DORK ever! HOW COULD HE CELEBRATE ARSENAL'S GOAL WITH JUST A MERE CLAP OF HANDS BEING SUCH A STUANCH SUPPORTER! :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I am a sillent reader on Soompi for years.

But this drama really makes me want to post a thing as my curiosity. ^^

I re-watched the drama from ep 1-10, and I noticed at ep 2 there was a wedding attended by JiHo, Suji, Horang, SaeHee and CEO Ma.

It was their college friend's wedding, wasn't it? So is it possible that both JiHo and SaeHee might have had such connection at college?

All 5 went to the same college probably?

6fb2d166ea95388d51439dae8f1da57e.jpg

Edited by astichoi
  • Like 12

The episode 2 preview had me thinking that SH and JH had an argument. Because JH said in a crying voice "This is the only place I can sleep tonight. And you kicked me out of this place, you know that?" And the clip showed her and SH facing each other. 

Episode 2 preview:

But in the actual Episode 2, we saw that JH's angry remark was directed to the assistant PD after the assault.

Episode 2 clip:

So now I don't know what to feel about the preview for Episode 11. Is it real? or is it the mother of all preview trolls?? Haha. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

10 minutes ago, astichoi said:

I am a sillent reader on Soompi for years.

But this drama really makes me want to post a thing as my curiosity. ^^

I re-watched the drama from ep 1-10, and I noticed at ep 2 there was a wedding attended by JiHo, Suji, Horang, SaeHee and CEO Ma.

It was their college friend's wedding, wasn't it? So is it possible that both JiHo and SaeHee might have had such connection at college?

All 5 went to the same college probably?

[IMG] http://i67.-/3309pg7.jpg  [/IMG]

I think Suji and Jiho are college friends with the bride ( they graduated from SNU) along with Wonseok..Horang came there to be Wonseok subtitute. Whereas Mr Ma and Sehee are friends with the groom, but it was not clear if they are friends from college of from work.

Their connection actually come from Mr.Ma and Wonseok friendship, who attended business club together ( my guess is that the participant of the bussiness club cone from various university in Seoul). So I think Sehee and Mr.Ma went to different university.

And given Jiho-Sehee age gap is 8 years, I don't think they met in the past. When Sehee graduated from college, Jiho must have been  still in Namhae

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

@triplem, I have to delurk after reading your wonderful comments here especially your reference to EPL and the football tactics and how the writer of this daebak drama is using Arsenal (supporting another club though)to make it more realistic. Your analysis is just spot on. 

As a football fanatic (watching live matches, going to stadiums, supported S Korea at Seoul during the 2014 WC & watched & supported S Korea & England during the recent 2017 U20 WC in Suwon) I'm delighted to be watching a drama I love to bits using football as an analogy.

SH has to be the number 1 FOOTBALL DORK ever! HOW COULD HE CELEBRATE ARSENAL'S GOAL WITH JUST A MERE CLAP OF HANDS BEING SUCH A STUANCH SUPPORTER! :D

Hi @gladys57 I am so happy to read you here. It’s been awhile. Last time I think was on Radiant office ( off topic- waiting impatiently for HSJ to do another drama !) . The irony is I’m not even a avid football fan but the tv at home was dominated by Football matches thanks to my brother (Man U supporter ) throughout my growing up years. And then I had to marry a staunch Arsenal supporter & so I have learnt very much from them. :lol:.

what do you like most about this show ? Favourite couple? Edit: How many grandkids do you have now ? Do share with us your wisdom! 

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Giya2909 said:

I think Suji and Jiho are college friends with the bride ( they graduated from SNU) along with Wonseok..Horang came there to be Wonseok subtitute. Whereas Mr Ma and Sehee are friends with the groom, but it was not clear if they are friends from college of from work.

Their connection actually come from Mr.Ma and Wonseok friendship, who attended business club together ( my guess is that the participant of the bussiness club cone from various university in Seoul). So I think Sehee and Mr.Ma went to different university.

And given Jiho-Sehee age gap is 8 years, I don't think they met in the past. When Sehee graduated from college, Jiho must have been  still in Namhae

You are right. JiHo entered university in 2007, so she was still in Namhae before that. SeHee entered university in 1999 (from the conversation with Mr. Ma talking about Wonseok).

When SeHee filled in the marriage document in 2005, JiHo was a high school student. Maybe that was about the moment shown at the beginning of EP10. ^_^

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Fiona0754 said:

You are right. JiHo entered university in 2007, so she was still in Namhae before that. SeHee entered university in 1999 (from the conversation with Mr. Ma talking about Wonseok).

When SeHee filled in the marriage document in 2005, JiHo was a high school student. Maybe that was about the moment shown at the beginning of EP10. ^_^

Se Hee and Ma Sang Goo may have also went to SNU but a much earlier time. Perhaps MSG became an active alumni and became Won Seok's hyung. Remember how they talked about WS entering college two years earlier than his age because he is such a genius? And SH remembered that hit app that WS developed back in college too, so it's totally possible that they all went to the same university, except for HR. Also, their fields are different. While SJ and MSG may have been in the IT business/economic department, SH and WS are clearly from the IT development department. JH on the other hand is on liberal arts, or literature. It's interesting how SJ, SH, SG, and WS are all working in the same industry. Only JH is from the arts. It wasn't clear what HR studied. SJ and WS are clearly friends from college. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hi @gladys57 I am so happy to read you here. It’s been awhile. Last time I think was on Radiant office ( off topic- waiting impatiently for HSJ to do another drama !) . The irony is I’m not even a avid football fan but the tv at home was dominated by Football matches thanks to my brother (Man U supporter ) throughout my growing up years. And then I had to marry a staunch Arsenal supporter & so I have learnt very much from them. :lol:.

what do you like most about this show ? Favourite couple? Edit: How many grandkids do you have now ? Do share with us your wisdom! 

@triplem of course I love our OTP best!  I LOVE everything about this drama especially the dialogues! One has to pay attention to every word the characters say in order to appreciate the drama to the maximum! Best of all the icing on cake comes with using football as an anology for the relationship between SH & JH! It's a very creative and appropriate analogy indeed! Heee! :wub:

I'm a grandma of 2 (proud to declare that I'm possibly the oldest on this thread) and despite my age, I'm fangirling at LMK (my 1st time watching him) and KMG (so glad he's BN. Love him since ICSYV 4 & now found that he was also in my favourite K variety show CKOTB, swimming edition).:blush: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Anyone else here think that wuri OTP, SH & JH may have to share a bedroom together at her parents place at Namhae as it takes more than 4h to get there from Seoul? So it's possible they may have to stay overnight there.:tongue:

I just cant wait to see the awkward moments between our OTP in the small bedroom then. Probably they have to sleep on the ondol floor. Will there be a real "football match"? I can imagine JH becoming the striker and SH being the defender! :heart:

MONDAY, please come faster!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

Not sure if anyone posted the Korean text preview of EP11?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171111-153834.jpg

I don't know Korean, but from the Chinese translation I saw, it goes like this:

For the first time since joining the company, Se Hee takes leave. The reason being : He has to help make kimchi at his in-laws.

Arriving at Namhae, Se Hee is bewildered at the unimaginable amount of labour required and the Gyeong Sang-Do dialect.

Tired of life as a company employee, Suji finds out about her male colleagues' bet on whether she wears a bra, and dishes out punishment to Mr Park in 'Suji's Style'. 

Ji Ho receives photos of SH's disastrous kimchi making attempt from her brother and makes an urgent trip back to Namhae.

Just before she leaves, she discovers SH's poetry book. Reading the loving letter written on the first page of the book, Ji Ho's heart sinks. 

Those who know Korean, please point out any mistakes that you see. Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12