[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

Speaking of kissing scenes, here's one of them. According to Yu's fans he didn't only have one but I don't know if they are all with Tao. The kiss here was okay, not too intimate but it seems like he is about to kiss her the second time just went the clip got cut.

@Transition Tao looked really beautiful in new commercials and shows.

Kasane earned over 124.901.600¥, 91342 moviegoers after 3 days
Anikoma earned over 165 million after 3 days. Finally total was 932 million ¥
Hachihana earned about 263 million after 2 days. Total 2.8 billion ¥.
I check box office in 2016- early 2018, other movies were no.4 or 5 with same results.
 I mean Kasane could be no.4 or 5 at box office if it didn't meet big projects at this time.
Now I just want Kasane can earn over 800 million ¥. It will help Tao's career better with good projects, without shoujo and ikemen. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4283394068061518

Ryota was in Shanghai on his birthday and saw fans's gift. 
Please read what his message to fans in video. 
Anyway, he really had an amazing  23 years old like we thought. :wub:

• Thanks 1

@ryotatao9495 Thank you for sharing the clip of Ryota's birthday! So he went to Shanghai at that time (like setokaonii mentioned before) because he went to visit a book store there and to sign photobooks? He really values the overseas fans. It is nice that he was able to receive the gifts. 

It is nice to know that the views for this thread have been increasing which means that although not everyone post actively they would still come and read the posts here.

I hope Kasane will be able to have decent box-office but if it doesn't then it is good that they at least got good reviews. So far I have only heard praises for both actresses, especially for Tao. And like you said before it seems like even other directors and also actors have watched it so hopefully it will lead to more opportunites for her. We can perhaps hope for a nomination next year? 

It has been revealed now what Tao was filming earlier, along side Cheer Dan. It was for this movie. It seems like she will only have a small part in it though.

Kasane doesn't have many screens at box office when it started. Just 215 screens. 

In Japan, movies often get over 310 screens, difficult too see movies have under 280-300 screens. Anikoma got 252 screens and Hachihana got 315-350 screens and they were promoted more than Kasane. 

This time, there are 2 movies under 300 screens. 1 is Kasane with 215 screens, the other movie (I don't remember its name) has 252-270 screens, and it earned more than Kasane, I saw it was no.5 or 6 at box office.

The screens and  expenditure for filming/promotion will decide how much it earn, how popular it is.

Except academic films. This kind doesn't need to earn money, they need prizes and not popular, suitable for everyone.

I notice movied are no.1 bix office, earn over 1 billion ¥ often have more than 300 screens.

• Like 1

@ryotatao9495  Thank you for the information. Hm, did they choose so few cinemas/screenings because there are other bigger productions taking up most slots or are they playing safe since the theme of Kasane is dark and it isn't that popular in Japan? Anyway, I still hope the best for them. 

BTS of the last episode of Cheer Dan

Full clip

Credit: TBS公式 YouTuboo

It seems like Tao's co-star in Harumatsu Bokura Inaba Yu is quite fond of her. Reminds me of Mamiya Shotaro and Takuchi Ryoma :P

Yu had a fan-meeting in Shanghai a few days ago and they asked him something about Harumatsu Bokura/Tao. He said "When we acted in group scenes together Tao-chan was really like an angel. I kept looking at her all the time." 

In the second article he mentioned that some of his co-star-friends have talked a lot of good things about Tao. After working with her himself he thinks she is indeed awesome. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4283766417725100#comment

From Yu's IG story

It is nice seeing that Tao is liked by her female- and male co-stars :)

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing Tao's dancing parts! I like seeing her dance. I was reading comments at ptt (a Taiwanese forum) recently and people who are following Cheer Dan have been saying that while watching her dance you can see that she has dancing background. They also praised her acting in episode 9, saying that they got moved by just watching her eyes and that her scenes with Anna were really good. Speaking of Anna, I think so far among Tao's female co-stars she has the best chemistry with Anna (let's see if Kyoko would take her place after I have watched Kasane). Their interactions are natural and the emotional exchange that they have whether it is through eye-contact, body language or dialogues are very good. It would be nice if they can collaborate again in the future.

Regarding your question about Mamiya Shotaro and Tao calling each other by just first name, that is true. They did so at live chat and also stage-greetings but apparently in interviews (according to a weibo fan) it would be more formal. I have been wondering too if they are really that close? Even closer than Ito or the girls in Cheer Dan, who are all calling her Tao-chan? I kind of doubt it. Perhaps it is because Shotaro is someone who are very outgoing and not as formal as usual Japanese are? 

As for "the love scenes" in Kasane, I'm now wondering if Yokoyama Yu actually just meant kissing scenes? I don't know if there are any actual bed-scenes in the manga. I have just heard that Nina lied to Kasane that she has slept with him. Yes, the kiss that was shown was the usual ones by Tao. Haha.

I have noticed that Tao is only following Inaba Yu among the Harumatsu Bokura cast while he is the only one among the guys who have IG that follows her. So it seems like they clicked better with each other than the other guys? I just stalked his IG. He likes Tao's post now and then but it is nowhere as often as Ryota does :P

I'm glad that I have a sibling/younger brother. We have been close since we were children since we are only two and also because we have similiar personalities. But being the only child have it advantages too, I think? ^_^

Cheer Dan has ended now. The finale episode was aired today. The Chinese subtitles will be out tomorrow so I will watch it then. 

Here are pictures from the 10th of September, the day filming wrapped up. Everyone gave Tao a surprise-present.

006ufsGRly1fv94zrsqlpj30jg0cyt9o.jpg

006ufsGRly1fv94zrxg5wj30go0b4q8q.jpg

Tao's message:

Everyone, it has been tough for you. I'm feeling very blissful that I was able to meet all of you ROCKETS (members).

I like you all very much. It feels like I'm really graduating from this school and club. This production and everyone in the ROCKETS team is like my alma mater. I hope later on we will be able to have a school gathering one time every year. To every staff member, teachers and family members and also all co-stars who are putting ROCKETS as priority, I feel very blissful that I could act this character Wakaba. Hereafter I will continue to work hard so I can repay you all for your kindness. It has been really tough for you!

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4284186279916716

@Dramanoona I'm with you. I prefer Aya in the manga too. Perhaps because guys with long hair in manga look quite handsome while in real-life I think guys with short hair look better? Haha. 

I want to watch this movie too. Hopefully, Aya won't have too little screentime in here, seeing how he isn't in the poster nor in the short trailer.

@Nguyễn Thanh Thư welcome to this thread :wub:

Drama Cheer Dance ended. 

I miss Rockets and Wakaba. 

The story was quite good. But I wanted Rockets to dance more and more, with many battles and uniforms. 

Not enough for me :relieved:

Ep 1: 8.5%

Ep 2: 8.6%

Ep 3: 6.6%

Ep 4: 7.3%

Ep 5: 5.5%

Ep 6: 6.1%

Ep 7: 7.1%

Ep 8: 6.6%

Ep 9: 6.8%

Ep 10: 7.9%

Average rate: 7.1%

The drama had good result. Rate was quite high in Japan recent years for all different dramas, all channels, 

Cheer Dance also get many good reviews and was chosen in top 5 favorite drama in Japan this season.

About Kasane, I heard fans who watched it said no bed scene in movie. 

• Thanks 2

@ryotatao9495  I finished Cheer Dan a few days ago. I miss the drama and all the characters too. I was surprised about the ending. Note - SPOILERS AHEAD! 

I was expecting Rockets to get first place so I thought the ending was bittersweet. Wakaba did fulfill her dream to shine brightly on stage but it is still sad that the members couldn't go to America together. Thank you for sharing the ratings! I'm glad that the drama got decent ratings. I hope we will be able to see Tao in both movies and dramas every year (if it isn't too hectic and tiring for her). 

It is a relief that Kasane doesn't have any bed scenes. 

@setokaonii Watching the movie version of Harumatsu Bokura will be enough, I think. Unless you want to see more of Aya because I suspect he won't have a big part in the live-action. 

Thank you for sharing the Q&A for Ryota's photobook and the review of UJ! I like how both Ryota and Tao sees food as something that can boost their energy and make them happy. And alcohol too. Tao has mentioned that she likes to drink alcohol in the latest show with Kanjani 8. Haha. Regarding the long hair vs short hair question, I was glad he chose long hair too. About Ryota liking the gesture of a girl tying her hair, this information is new for me too. I wonder whether Tao has done that in front of him before? I have also noticed that off-screen she tends to wear more casual outfits such as jeans and hat. However, I have seen her wear long skirts too for example when she went to Ito's birthday so I think it depends on the occasion. I like how Ryota said he would confess directly to the girl instead of using Line or writing a letter. That's what girls like. I believe Tao does that too ^_^

I like how Anikoma always holds a special place in his heart :)

@jerseyno13 Is everything okay over at your place? I have heard about the typhoon in southeast Asia such as in Hong Kong and the Phillipines. I hope you are all safe there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always watch and here with everyone just because my English isn't good so I don't know how to talk but I keep watching every day , silently support . Since I love RyoTao and know this house , I don't feel lonely anymore , although I don't talk but always stay here every day , read news of people bring , feel happy and happy that . I will always do that in the future .

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the continuous updates and posts. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep up too often. @Transition Thanks for your concern. Yes, we were hit by a super typhoon and my province was badly affected but thankfully, there were no casualties. We just lost electricity for 2-3 days. But everything is back to normal. 

I also finished watching Cheer Dan but episode 10 hasn’t been subbed yet so I watched it without subs. It’s a bittersweet ending. I feel like there should be more episodes than just 10. Hope to see Tao in more dramas soon. 

@ryotatao9495 Thanks for sharing about the ratings of Cheer dan. Glad it got good audience share since it’s really a good series. I enjoyed watching their dance performances. Aside from Wakaba, Shiori, Class rep and Maki, I really like Taro sensei. (This is off-topic but I got to admire Joe Odagiri because of this. I already watched one of his movies and he is really good.) Anyway, I hope episode 10 will be subbed soon so I can fully understand it. 

@setokaonii I appreciate the blog you shared with the translations of Ryota’s interview as well as the blow-by-blow review of UJ. I read the full interview and Ryota is indeed consistent with his answers from his past interviews and there were also new revelations. Like all of you, I’m happy that he never forgets to acknowledge Anikoma’s impact on his career (and love life :wub:). 

@Nguyễn Thanh Thư welcome! Welcome! Happy to know our growing family here. Let’s share all our love for RyoTao. :D

• Like 2

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing Gene's performances at Music Station Ultra Fes! Hm, the majority of the singers there performed their most popular songs such as Hoshino Gen sang "Koi", Twice "TT" etc, are Ageha and Y.M.C.A Gene's iconic songs? I prefer their slower songs :P Tao is so sweet by tuning in to watch Anna's/E-Girl's performance. It is perhaps like you said that she was tuning in to watch Ryota too. ^_^ Hehe. 

Speaking of Anna, I first got to know her in Cheer Dan as Shiori so it feels weird seeing her in other type of clothes, make-up and hair.

@Nguyễn Thanh Thư I'm glad you are enjoying your stay here :)

@jerseyno13 That's good to hear that you are safe. It must have been tough being out of electricity though. Fortunately, it is back to normal now. 

I also think it would have been nice with more episodes for Cheer Dan, to see them dance more and get to know the members more. Except for Wakaba and Shirori I also like the other characters you mentioned. I have heard about Joe Odagiri before this drama but it is my first time actually watching him act. I quite like him too. 

• Like 2

Minna san, konnichiwa! Actually, I watched the Anikoma drama by chance when I was looking for another drama. It was a little bit silly at first (drama), but then I watched the movie and OMG! It was amazing!!! Sweet, innocent, romantic and love-able! I've never "known" about Tao or Ryota san before until the movie. After seeing Anikoma, it lead me to this thread. It was a surprise that the thread reached mostly a hundred of pages until now.

I also support Tao and Ryota to become a couple in their real life because they have had a real chemistry that I've never seen before. In deed, Tao is excellent at her acts in Orange, Mare, Tori Garu yet Anikoma is totally different. Not only the bright side, Japanese showbiz is stressful and overloaded, I hope they have time to rest and to meet each other more in their real life! Who knows! We may have to wait for seven to ten years to have their relationship confirmed (hope so)...

Edited by Mizuno Ami
wrong typing
  • Like 3