[Drama 2017] Untouchable 언터처블

larus

JTBC 2017 DRAMA "UNTOUCHABLE"

g9WWmR.jpg&key=dece7278e547863b5ab442f4b

Drama: Untouchable

Hangul: 언터처블

Genre: action noir (thriller-mystery, melodrama)

Network: JTBC

Episodes:16

Director: Jo Nam-Kook (Fantastic, Last, Empire of Gold, The Chaser)

Writer: Choi Jin-Won ( The Man in the Mask, Big Man)

Release Date:   November 24, 2017 to January 20, 2018

Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 23:00 (time slot previously occupied by "The Package.")

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Untouchable_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/untouchable/

Plot

'Untouchable' is a drama about the story of two brothers and their families. The drama depicts the story of the power mystery surrounding the Jangseong family who dominates Bucheon City over three generations, and the secrets hidden within it, in the background of the virtual city of Bucheon City.

Notes

• Drama genre source
  • Filming is screduled to begin in September

Cast

tumblr_ow2b0j4WW91sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_ow2b0j4WW91sdd1ivo10_r2_540.png

Jin Goo- Jang Joon-Seo

Kim Sung-Kyun- Jang Ki-Seo

Go Joon-Hee- Goo Ja Kyung

Jung Eun-Ji - Seo Yi Ra

Park Jin-Woo -Park Tae Jin

Park Geun-Hyung - Jang Beom-Ho

Choi Jong-Won - Goo Yong-Chan

Park Won-Sang - Go Soo-Chang

Shin Jung-Keun - Yong Hak-Soo

Son Jong-Hak - Jang Beom-Sik

Jin Kyung - Jung Yoon-Mi

Ye Soo-Jung-  Park Young Sook

Bae Yoo-Ram - Choi Jae-Ho

Lim Hyun-Sung - Lee Sung Gyun

Lee Jae-Won - Jang Gyu-Ho

Park Ji-Hwan - Goo Do-Soo

Kyung Soo-Jin - Yoon Jung-Hye

Ji Yoon-Ha - Yoo Na-Na

Kim Ji-Hoon - Jo Taek-Sang

Jo Jae-Ryong - Joo Tae-Seob

Posters

vJppM6.jpg&key=ef14af5c4aebbae1f1b78a25e

untouch3.jpg

untouch1.jpg

untouch2.jpg

untouch4.jpg

Character descriptions

Characters chart

Untouchable-11.jpg

Jang Joon Seo (Jingu) is the second son of Jang Beom Ho, from the powerful Jang family. He is a detective squad chief who lead his arguments without being overwhelmed by authority or power. After losing a beloved woman, she plans to figure out the truth about it.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, glee77 said:

Are JTBC kidding me?

The package is supposed to air in October/Nov after Age of Youth 2, and now instead I see news of this drama taking that timeslot :(

Can't JTBC already add a second timeslot for dramas? They have too many good ideas for only 6 dramas a year :(

I don`t know if this drama will take the place for Age of Youth 2. Maybe they have another time slot. They had the second season of Age of Youth in works from some time. I doubt they will postpone the airing for a new drama but know knows .We`ll see.

I read that Age of Youth has the premiere in August 25 and Untouchable is in talks to air in November. The shooting will beggin in September.

Edit> Sorry I misread. You are worrying for the drama Package. I don`t follow news about Package but I read about this drama ages ago. I don`t know the reason why they postpone again. The drama was pre produced and had a lot of time to prepare for its airing. Maybe JTBC has another timeslot in mind or not.  In the Asianwiki page drama "Untouchable" will follow the drama "The Package". Everything is fine now. :)

Thanks @larus for starting the UNTOUCHABLE drama thread. :wub:

July 18, 2017

Jin Goo Confirmed For New Drama + Potentially Joined By Go Jun Hee, Kim Sung Gyun, And Jung Eun Ji

Source: Soompi by C. Oh

untouchable-cast.jpg

On July 18, it was reported that Jin Goo, Go Jun Hee, Kim Sung Gyun, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji had been cast in a new JTBC drama called “Untouchable” (working title).

Since then, it has been confirmed that Jin Goo has been cast for the lead role, Jang Joon Seo. The drama will be headed up by director Jo Nam Gook, who has directed dramas like “Empire of Gold” and “The Chaser.” The combination of the casting of Jin Goo, who shot to Hallyu stardom with his role as Seo Dae Young in the popular KBS 2TV drama “Descendants of the Sun,” and the addition of a trustworthy director like Jo Nam Gook is already making “Untouchable” one of the most anticipated dramas of the second half of 2017.

After the news of his casting was released, Jin Goo stated, “I am very happy to be part of such a great project. Above all else, the strong script was very appealing to me and I am studying in order to successfully take on the role of Jang Joon Seo. Please look forward to the drama.”

A source from JTBC stated that the rest of the potential cast – Kim Sung Gyun, Go Jun Hee, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji – were currently looking over their respective offers for the drama in a positive light.

“Untouchable” will be set in a fictional city called Bukcheon and take place over the course of three generations of the Jang family, who control the city. The drama will tell the story about the family’s power games and hidden secrets, and is currently set to air in October of this year.

Source: (1) (2) (3)

July 18 2017

Jin Goo and Jung Eun-Ji cast in JTBC drama series “Untouchable”

Untouchable-p01.jpg

Jin Goo and Jung Eun-Ji (‘Apink’) are cast for the lead roles in upcoming JTBC drama series “Untouchable.” Also cast in major supporting character roles are Kim Sung-Kyun and Koh Joon-Hee. For drama series “Unbelievable,” Jin Goo will play Jang Joon-Seo. He is a detective squad chief and the second son of Jang Beom-Ho. His family dominates his home city.

“Untouchable” will air later this year on Fridays and Saturdays at 11PM after “The Package.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jin-goo-and-jung-eun-ji-cast-in-jtbc-drama-series-untouchable

Jin Gu set to headline Untouchable on JTBC

by javabeans

untouchable_5.jpg
Jin Gu, Jung Eun-ji, Kim Sung-kyun, Go Jun-hee

JTBC has announced the newest drama in its pre-production pipeline, titled Untouchable, and has just confirmed that Jin Gu (Night Light, Descended From the Sun) has signed on to headline. The production is also in talks with Jung Eun-ji (Sassy Go Go), Kim Sung-kyun (Answer Me 1988), and Go Jun-hee (She Was Pretty), who are all reportedly “positively considering” the drama.

From the description, Untouchable sounds like it’ll be in the thriller-melodrama mold, being set in a fictional city where the Jang family has held power for three generations. The drama deals with the power battle that unfolds among them, as well as a hidden secret that our hero aims to uncover. Jin Gu is set to play Jang Joon-seo, the second son of Jang clan patriarch who is described as a determined man who doesn’t let himself be pushed around by those in power. After he loses the woman he loves, he resolves to get to the bottom of the circumstances that caused it. No descriptions have been provided for the other characters.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/jin-gu-set-to-headline-untouchable-on-jtbc/

July 18, 2017

Jin Goo to star in upcoming JTBC drama "Untouchable"

Source: Dailian via HanCinema.net

photo868869.jpg

Jin Goo is starring in the new JTBC drama "Untouchable".

He takes on the role of Jang Joon-seo.

"Untouchable" is based on an imaginary city called Bookchun, and the powers that take control of the city as well as the hidden secret behind them. The drama is directed by Jo Nam-gook.

Jin Goo's role of Jang Joon-seo is the eldest son of the Jang family and a violent crime detective. He doesn't get oppressed by power and knows how to make a statement. He becomes a realist once his loved one gets taken away from him.

Jin Goo is looking forward to playing Jang Joon-seo.

Go Jun Hee Confirmed To Join JTBC’s New Drama

go-jun-hee.jpg

Go Jun Hee has joined the cast of JTBC’s upcoming drama!

The actress will be portraying the role of a former president’s only daughter in “Untouchable” (working title). Actor Jin Goo was recently confirmed to be playing a lead role in the drama.

Go Jun Hee and director Jo Nam Gook will be reuniting for this highly anticipated project. The two have previously worked together on “The Chaser.”

Go Jun Hee commented, “I have faith in director Jo Nam Gook. The script was perfectly crafted, and I have confidence that I will be able to return to the viewers with the highest quality of work.”

Meanwhile, Go Jun Hee appeared in “She Was Pretty” in 2015, and has been filming a 50-episode Chinese drama. “Untouchable” will be her first Korean small screen comeback in two years.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/20/go-jun-hee-confirmed-join-jtbcs-new-drama/

When I saw new drama thread started by larus,.. gonna be a good one. Reading the genre action noir, thriller mystery melodrama. I like!

Not familiar with all the actors here. But I've heard of the names. But reading the plot.....this is modern, right? I hope so. Thank you larus.

42 minutes ago, jongski said:

When I saw new drama thread started by larus,.. gonna be a good one. Reading the genre action noir, thriller mystery melodrama. I like!

Not familiar with all the actors here. But I've heard of the names. But reading the plot.....this is modern, right? I hope so. Thank you larus.

Yeah... the genre is our cup of tea. Most people will say too much thriller/ mystery shows but not us. :D I will watch because of the genre and Jin Goo mostly.  I love Jin Goo (I saw him first in Falling for Innocence and liked him on the spot but I did not see enough of him because he appeared only a few episodes. Then I saw him in Night Light and it was not enough either because the ladies were the protagonists and had more important roles. Now I hope the third time is the charm. He is the center of the story and it seams he has an intense/ dynamic role. The others I am not very familiar. I saw Kim Sung Kyun and Go Jun Hee in one project each (Moon Lovers and respectively The Chaser) and I remember their role. Like them. I heard about Jung Eun Ji but never saw her in anything. I don`t worry about the cast. I hope the writer rises to the expectation. I saw just one drama written by this writer (Big Man) and I was not impressed but there is hope. Fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

Apink’s Jung Eun Ji Announces Official Casting In Upcoming JTBC Drama

apink-jung-eun-ji.jpg

Jung Eun Ji will be appearing in a new drama!

On August 18, Jung Eun Ji posted a photo of the script for JTBC’s upcoming drama, “Untouchable.” In the caption, she thanked her fans for all the birthday wishes, writing “Thank you. Everyone, have a nice day.” She included the drama’s name as a hashtag. here

She had previously been reported to be cast in the drama, alongside Jin Goo, Go Jun Hee, and Kim Sung Gyun. As of last month, Jin Goo and Go Jun Hee had confirmed their castings.

“Untouchable” is set in the fictional city of Bucheon and tells the story of the “Jang family,” who have ruled the city for three generations. It is slated to begin airing after the end of “The Package” later this year.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/18/apinks-jung-eun-ji-announces-official-casting-upcoming-jtbc-drama/

I think the cast started filming today, or will start tomorrow not sure; but there is no more news about the drama:(

I am actually happy I am turning to soompi forums again..the last time was when Sassy Go Go was airing. Eunji's impact:blush:

Archived