[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

I'm quite satisfied with the romance issue.HS has a bigger issue that needs to be resolved.The writer is addressing the true to life issue. .Medical legal cases comes with medical environment.Maybe the chairman will have a life and death situation and SEJ will be the savior.He will have a change of heart then we could have a happy moments with the OTP and the HS crew.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so did the writer and director go wildly lazy on the story because they were giving up in light of the competition to While You Were Sleeping? Cos that's just terrible service to folk who have been faithful! A malpractice suit at this late hour seems a little strange; can't we end on heart-tugging hopeful cases like last-min transplants or organ donations?

Or you know, we can deal with EVERYONE'S FAMILIES, and the OTHER PAIRINGS ON THE HOSPITAL SHIP.

How do you finish your drama well if the writing lags at the end? Grrr.

rough translations for bts scenes

Caption: Eun Jae is weird!

Caption: Today’s shooting location is seafood market
HJW: Look at its color
Caption: Eun Jae who is fascinated with the colorful crabs
KMH: If you’re sticking out your finger like that, it will bit you
KMH: Like this
HJW: Really?
KMH: Of course

Caption: Action
*saying their lines*

Caption: Today Eun Jae is in cheerful mode
KMH: She has become strange
Caption: Eun Jae has changed!

*practicing their lines*
Caption: Doing rehearsal for the next scenes
KMH Caption: She is strange
KMH: Eun Jae is strange
KMH: Eun Jae has become strange

Caption: Two shots of their happy faces
Caption: What is it? What? I too.. want to laugh.. together..

Caption: With a happy atmosphere, the shooting starts

*shooting the scenes*

Caption: Our Eun Jae is good at negotiating

KMH: I’ll be playing as Eun Jae
Caption: Cute Hyun! Did you jealous with Eun Jae?

*shooting the scenes*

Caption: Is this real for watching Eun Jae acting cute?

Caption: This time rehearsal for eating
Ajumma: Don’t you have teeth?
KMH: Shall we try?
HJW: It’s because Eun Jae is someone who is so sterile. Can I?
Caption: Eun Jae whose character is sterile
Ajumma: Why? Can she?
HJW: They said it’s okay

*shooting*

Caption: From now on it’s Eun Jae mukbang (eating show) time

Caption: Nyam. Nyam. Am (chewing and enjoying the food)

Staff: Cut. Okay

Caption: The last week of shooting, Hyun Jae confession

HJW: Do I stand here?
Staff: Yes
HJW: Is it safe?

Caption: Eun Jae who is running excitedly in shooting place
Caption: Tong. Tong (caption for running/hopping excitedly)
Caption: Her running pose. It’s the cutest in the world

HJW: It’s only one week left
HJW: Geoje Island? I think I want to visit here again
HJW: I’m sad... You can see that I’m crying, right?

KMH: Ah, it’s only one week left
KMH: I can’t feel it yet
KMH: Because I have been doing my best while shooting
KMH: Like this.. Can I live for a long time in Geoje Island?
KMH: I’ll remember this good experience

Caption: We are preparing for shooting, but...
Caption: Enter coward Song
Caption: Seagulls who appeared in day time
HJW: Why do they come here?
KMH: They won’t hurt you
HJW: Oh, look at them
HJW: Don’t do that~!

Caption: Without them realizing, there was a staff who is giving the seagulls snacks
HJW: Don’t do it. Stop it
KMH: She asked you to stop it
KMH: She asked you to stop it
Caption: Someone please make the seagulls go!

Caption: Eun Jae who is doing rehearsals
KMH: Is it okay to hug her like this?
PD: Yes, it’s okay
HJW: So we hug
PD: Yes, you hug. Do it slowly, follow your feels
KMH: We hug then...
KMH: Are you going to stare there soon?
PD: Don’t stare to the other side. Do it naturally. You can look at the sun or wherever while holding hands or leaning against the fence

Caption: Two person who gives each other warm comfort

HJW: Look at that
KMH: Be Quiet!

(I think a plane or helicopter passed their shooting location?)

(Look at HJW’s sweater. The image at the back showed the cartoons (?) hug each other. Can someone hug me too? T_T)

KMH: She cried!

(HJW was so touched that she cried)

Caption: The way of two guys to treat Eun Jae?

KMH: Hello
LSW: Hello
LSW: Our internist, Kwak Hyun who is playing with his phone
LSW: He is taking away the woman that I sincerely like
KMH: Do you want to watch soccer?
LSW: We are going to watch soccer

Caption: Their relationship is good and completely lost with soccer

Caption: Two adult who is playing joke
Caption: Traditional Medicine puppy
Caption: Internist puppy

Caption: Finally, hospital family gather in one place

*shooting*
Caption: The hospital ship will be closed?
Caption: A serious conversation by the captain
Caption: I think I have to repeat it again, right?
All: *laugh*
Caption: Captain is disappointed
Caption: At that time! The Manager who give the script to Captain
Captain: *cursing*

LSW: Both look good together, right?
Caption: Jae Geol is jealous?
LSW: I helped them
HJW: I am holding heat pack but he is holding a fan?
LSW: Both of us is feeling hot
KMH: We even sweating
Caption: Two people who is taking care of Eun Jae’s temperature

Caption: Lee Seo Won version. Joking while greeting

Caption: Kang Min Hyuk version. Acting nonchalantly while affectionately giving heat pack

Caption: Happy to be Eun Jae

*acting*

Caption: Hospital ship that has to be closed

Caption: Today’s shooting is finished..

Finished watching episodes 33-34.

I may be in the minority in saying that I actually don't mind the lack of OTP moments. I think the scenes that they were together made up for it especially with their talks being open about issues that matter to them. SEJ and KH understand each other as professionals/doctors and as individuals. Also, it shows  SEJ's growth from being a cold surgeon to deeply caring  for the patients of the hospital ship and her Hospital ship family as well. She and KH would like to protect it at all cost. I teared during their conversation about the baby's situation and how it will affect the hospital ship. 

For the other political and health care issues, I think it is as real as can be. Sadly, money talks and businessmen/chaebols are still in there for a profit. It must be so hard for doctors like Director Kim to balance between serving and caring for people especially the islanders while staying afloat as a hospital. It is harder for him to let go of SEJ as she is like a daughter to him. 

I really like JaeGol. He knows where he stands and I like how he encourages Hyun to be with SEJ. These namjas understand each other. Is it just me, but I find it bromance cute when KJG would address or refer to Hyun as Kwak, :D

My only complain is too much air time for the chairman, haha. Other than that, these episodes are still HS worthy. 

Spoiler

Occurred to me that the drama is actually quite daring in going into a specific subject like telemedicine. I don't know the health care set up of SoKor but the drama seemed to make a statement against telemedicine as far as the two episodes go. 

after such a beautiful hug ...

andra301  GIF

why HJW cries ? so sensible ! she throws herself to much in her character ! Hope hope hope that she don't thinks at SEJ-KH relation on future ! I'm pessimistic right now ! 

andra301  GIF

OK no kiss!  no kiss ! but please writernim don't break up them !  I hope for a happy end ! They already have enough heavy weights on their shoulders ! :unsure::( 

8 minutes ago, ferily said:

These two boys being naughty :lol:

@andra30 How did you get your gifs to come out in such nice quality?

I find yours are very good too ! The gif quality depend on the video quality I work with giphy.com , try it if you want !  

If we don't have a deep romance we'll have at last a good bromance !! That 2 young man are so cute together! 

1 hour ago, lemonysnicket said:

I was really moved by eps 33 and 34. Esp by the ramyeon eating scene, and SEJ's concern for the patients. Like tearing kind (except my husband chose that exact moment to do his favourite thing to annoy me when Im watching dramas which is to come close to my earphpmes, start making up fake lines, and delivering them in an annoying manner. Zzzzzz). Am i the only one haha

No, you are not! I am crying while watching this scene. I actually liked the episodes as well. SEJ and KH support each and that is love for me. :wub:

1 hour ago, drakelaw said:

No, you are not! I am crying while watching this scene. I actually liked the episodes as well. SEJ and KH support each and that is love for me. :wub:

Me too! I love the ramyeon eating scene...I was fighting back tears. I thought that scene was well written and well acted by our OTP. 

It was beautiful to see SEJ and KH being completely honest with each other, trusting and relying on each other.

I would like to believe that Writer-nim is trying to tell us that the love these two have is the kind of love that will last and withstand any challenges.

Does that mean that all these who betted got it wrong? We were all so surprised there isn't any kiss at all even only with 2 hours left. Looks like they have to use the next full episode to clean up all the new conflicts created and perhaps the last 1/2 episode for otp time and kiss..(if any at all)...sigh, this writer is so unpredictable.

If there is not passionate 2nd kiss for this drama, I will keep the ugly avatar for 1 month as a form of protest. LOL.

IF we can't get through to the director, can we put our request for kiss scene to the actors' ig?

1 hour ago, icyphoenix said:

I m personally finding this track too dry.. Yesterdays episode had just few scenes of OTP.. Hope last week we have good closure

sorry to cut your post..  iam. kinda sad for the ratings..  maybe because of what MBC is going thru right now like the strike, the baseball game, show cancellation, iam just glad they did not cancelled HS..  but hoping next week we will have a nice send off,  a heartwarming ending for this wonderful show, as you said a good closure..  :)

Quite satisfied with all the episodes this week.I'm happy that the OTP's are supporting each other and now together.As far as the malpractice  suit, the hospital director already knows that it is going nowhere. If there is no malpractice issue,  I don't think this drama will be complete.It goes with the territory or as one mentioned it is one of the hazards of this occupation.I'm hoping I'm not the only one who 's enjoying the last 4 episodes.Now comes the dilemma of the emergency liver transplant with SEJ having fired.I think the hospital director will let her do the surgery.Not to worry ,I think this is one drama that will conclude to my own satisfaction.Happy OTP  and crewship moments are coming next week.Actually this is my first time watching an ongoing drama that I did not have to worry about the coming episodes .Kudos to the writer, staff and actors.

Ok I've now watched this week's shows twice, and I reverse my opinion about the writing. I had guessed and hoped that the final conflict would be about the viability of the hospital ship, and I am now enjoying the politicking and the quiet romance. As some others on the thread have pointed out, there are romances which are intense yet not demonstrative.

I'm just sorry that the age difference between the actors and societal taboos limits showing the romance on screen, because KMH and HJW have done a great job in selling the relationship!

3 hours ago, elfvanvan said:

sorry to cut your post..  iam. kinda sad for the ratings..  maybe because of what MBC is going thru right now like the strike, the baseball game, show cancellation, iam just glad they did not cancelled HS..  but hoping next week we will have a nice send off,  a heartwarming ending for this wonderful show, as you said a good closure..  :)

I m too hoping the same.. I think i m dissapointed with the politics.. I liked the simple stories which HS used to deliver I guess.. Hoping we get a warm ending

Archived