[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel you chingus...I can't help but feel disappointed myself.
SEJ and KH looks so good together. Their chemistry and acting is so good but all we see is gazing, smiling, hand holding, and some hugging. We did not even see a peck on the cheek? Seriously, how can a real man not kiss this pretty face? 

PxHX3Vu.jpg

I personally think whether they kiss or not isn't that important... being in love doesn't mean they need to be lovey dovey... Song Eun-Jae is suppose to be traditional, inexperienced when it comes to relationships so most likely she'll feel uncomfortable kissing Kwak Hyun even if he is her boyfriend. A lot of people aren't that expressive when it comes to love, they don't need to kiss to express they are in love. 

Thanks @alleram95 for translation , I like their conv , I like the mature KH, he don't wants nothing fake in their relation  

"KH:  If you are afraid, then say it. If you are having a hard time, you can ask for help. When you sad, just cry. Comfortably
KH: I might catch on your act today, but next time there is a possibility that I won’t know

KH: From now on, tell everything to me. What ever happened, don’t try to take the burden all by yourself. If you did, you are really bad. Promise me. Can you promise?"

After such a conv. I find back hug more appropriate and more romantic !  

9 minutes ago, tsukimori said:

I personally think whether they kiss or not isn't that important... being in love doesn't mean they need to be lovey dovey... Song Eun-Jae is suppose to be traditional, inexperienced when it comes to relationships so most likely she'll feel uncomfortable kissing Kwak Hyun even if he is her boyfriend. A lot of people aren't that expressive when it comes to love, they don't need to kiss to express they are in love. 

you are quite write but what really pissed me off is not for the lack of kiss but the fact that writernim drags the politics issue and the baby issue,  i mean EJ save the life of both mom and baby and this is how the mom repay her by being a total b! (# and for the chairman hell EJ saves his son,  his heir and for what nothing..  this drama is supposed to be medical and family/ heartwarming one where us it now?  all saw promotes corruption , money is everything,  is this heartwarming? 

sorry iam not angry with you.. this is just my opinion no hard feeling pls..  peace :):lol:

Im finally watching 33 and 34 subbed, and you know what! I am really intrigued. Hahahaha. Was too quick to judge. Am i the only one who finds the politics interesting? Anyone knows if this is an actual issue irl? (Maybe not in Korea perhaps but other parts of the world with HS and ageing populations in remote areas?) 

1 hour ago, lovegirl92 said:

I'm starting to get annoyed with the writer. Why she keeps giving us dramas. You have one wonderful couple there with oozing chemistry but what are you doing? Stuffing airtime with politics? I expected the last 4 episodes to be OTP-focused but we barely get sweet/romantic scenes. I'm seriously so mad. I've been waiting for them to be together since forever and when they became a couple, you throw politics in our faces. If you really wanted some politics in the drama, you should've at least given us more sweet happy couple scenes before starting the politics. You could've at least ended their first date properly instead of cutting it short like this. I mean only 4 minutes for their 1st date! What is this? I know it's a medical drama but since you added romance, you should have done it the right way. I wish they used the baby story as a good motive to our couple to stay together and think about having kids, not as a problem that gives them nothing but worries and sadness. These two have suffered enough already and that would've been so much better. I'm really disappointed with this week's episodes cz I had high romance expectation... Does this writer have personal issues with romance. She really can't do that to her viewers. It's so cruel...

I'm afraid we're really getting an open ending. Didn't the fortune teller tell her on ep 5-6 that she will be single or destined to be single... sometging like that! Please correct me if I'm wrong. Aaaaah So frustrating.

AND OMG I have to see this ahjussi in my profile pic for the whole next week... I 'm even madder now...

I am with you on this one.  I am really so disappointed in this writer (I think someone said she is a woman - no wonder).  I too had hoped the last 4 eps. to be OTP but no this "heartless" writer throws us this problem with the baby/SEJ getting fired/HS gone.  Geez, do we really need all of this before this drama ends?  I think I am in agreement with a couple of you that this drama will have an opened ending!!  With so many conflicts still up in the air (and the writer add one more by having Manage Cho's wife fainting and EJ can operate).  I can forecast we will have an ending but ??? 

I also thought about knetz comment that's why there's still no 2nd kiss and we might not get any.... It's not just the age gap but it's more on because HJW is older than KMH... from watching variety shows I found out that girl a lot older than a guy still an issue with Koreans.... But I agree with you guys,  if that would be an issue then why cast them in the first place... So I'm giving the staff the benefit of the doubt, that our frustration is not due to listening to knetz complain... 

And like what others said,  kiss would be out of line this time,  they have so much problem....talking about those issue and how they comfort each other is more appropriate than a kiss.... but a peck would be fine but writernim is so stingy....

At first I thought the CEO wants SEJ back to Seoul but it is not,  he wants to get rid of the HS so they can earn money  with the villagers with there medical IT.  It just happened that there's an issue with the baby, so they grabbed the chance to pester SEJ since HS will also be affected. Like people are becoming doubtful of HS. 

JG dad is in between,  he also wants to save his ER,  he have to choose between ER and HS,  well obviously ER is better than HS (HS lacking equipment and doctors as well compare to the ER)...  

7 minutes ago, lemonysnicket said:

Im finally watching 33 and 34 subbed, and you know what! I am really intrigued. Hahahaha. Was too quick to judge. Am i the only one who finds the politics interesting? Anyone knows if this is an actual issue irl? (Maybe not in Korea perhaps but other parts of the world with HS and ageing populations in remote areas?) 

It is part of the real world.  Some people do take advantage of it.  We need to be very careful when it concern the health of the people.   Even in some places without having an insurance, the patient might not get any treatment at all.

7 minutes ago, kaciemom said:

I am with you on this one.  I am really so disappointed in this writer (I think someone said she is a woman - no wonder).  I too had hoped the last 4 eps. to be OTP but no this "heartless" writer throws us this problem with the baby/SEJ getting fired/HS gone.  Geez, do we really need all of this before this drama ends?  I think I am in agreement with a couple of you that this drama will have an opened ending!!  With so many conflicts still up in the air (and the writer add one more by having Manage Cho's wife fainting and EJ can operate).  I can forecast we will have an ending but ??? 

Hmmm.. I wonder what is the relationship of being a woman and a writer?

I honestly hoped for this drama to address the age gap 'issue' in the drama because Koreans and even many internationals still think of it as a a big barrier in any relationship. Since Song Eunjae is def older than Kwak Hyun, the writer could've brought their age gap up by their parents esp Hyun's mother and then we see OTP proving to the people around them that age is just a number and what really matters is their love and respect for one another. This age gap issue exists in real life and many people can relate to it and feel for the characters in love even more. I wish the writer tried to make use of the age gap between HJ and MH in this way. What an eye/mind opener such an "issue" could've been. -_-

8 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

It is part of the real world.  Some people do take advantage of it.  We need to be very careful when it concern the health of the people.   Even in some places without having an insurance, the patient might not get any treatment at all.

Hmmm.. I wonder what is the relationship of being a woman and a writer?

I have noticed on most of the Kdrama, most of the writers are women.  She will write her story and submits her work to the production team (I am only guessing here what they do).  The team then sets up the storyline for the drama.  I have noticed this writer stick with what this drama is about - life on the Medical ship.  The lives and how these doctors help the people on the various islands.  The romantic side is not on her radar.  I think the romantic side is coming from the director and how it is related to the storyline. (and our audience is reacting to KH and SEJ).  I am seeing this because you would think in the last 4 episodes if the writer does have any intention to have KH and SEJ to continue their romantic way, we would have it.  Noooo, we have more conflicts.  I am thinking we will have an open ending and see  SEJ just continuing her practice at the hospital (and that is probably how the writer submitted her final writing).

I was really moved by eps 33 and 34. Esp by the ramyeon eating scene, and SEJ's concern for the patients. Like tearing kind (except my husband chose that exact moment to do his favourite thing to annoy me when Im watching dramas which is to come close to my earphpmes, start making up fake lines, and delivering them in an annoying manner. Zzzzzz). Am i the only one haha

Anyway... i havent watched 35 and 36, but i think the bill won't get passed, the baby will survive, and the grandmother of the baby will come out with the truth. Should be, if not kdramas really dont deserve anymore of my time and emotion. Because the point is nothing can ever trump human connection and humans caring for other humans, and definitely not money.

SEJ will probably have to operate on the ex-wife. Maybe he still calls her yeobo out of habit.??? 

Maybe it's an occupational hazard but i thought the whole evil lawyer, medical negligence angle and ungrateful  patients story was really well executed.  (Ok I think I'm really the only one here.) And in my mind i can see a nice satisfying conclusion so i hope that comes to pass.. for all our sakes. This forum has been part of what has kept me sane the past few weeks. 

Archived