clon_105

7 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I just hope Farm doesn't turn out to follow Brights example and become a player. 

That is why i worry about Farm/Rhit relationship. What if they would be kind of mirror of Bright/Farm from s1?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Like you i didn't like the Farm and Bright "relationship". Not because of the age difference, (my husband in real life is 7 yers older than me) but because Farm was so innocent and Bright was a player and in my opinion just used Farm to boost his own ego. I want to see how they develop Farm and his new b/f, before they pair him up with Bright again, if they do. I just think he's not a good match for Farm, no matter how much he's grown up. 

Edit: I just hope Farm doesn't turn out to follow Brights example and become a player. 

As I was writing this, I was specifically aware of the fact that you have mentioned that your hubby is older before.  Was trying not to step in it. :D  Actually, didn't realize your gap was only 7 years, feeling relief now that you don't even fall into the category I was talking about.  My ex was 4 years younger than me.  I feel like Farm and Bright came across as having a gap of at least 15 years. 

What you said about innocence vs. an older man who needs younger prey to get his ego stroked is my point, for sure!  Maybe Bright and Farm are supposed to have an age gap of less than 10 years, but I don't think so.  Considering that Bright seems to treat all of his patients without anyone around to supervise him, and seems to know how to treat a wide variety of conditions, plus the fact that the actor looks at least 35, and Farm is probably supposed to be 18 or 19. . .  I just looked it up.  The ACTORS have an age gap of 20 years.  To me, that's just too big.  Go pick on someone your own age, Bright!  (Plus, everyone we see him with throughout the show is younger like that.  Maybe would have been nice if they'd show him to be a more equal-opportunity player.)

My point is, I agree with you on those two!

I also hope that Farm isn't a big player now, though he seemed to be at the end of TWM.  Hopefully it was temporary.  We already know that he's probably not as big a player as Bright was.  He said that the new guy was his "boyfriend", not last night's one night stand. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mads102030 said:

As I was writing this, I was specifically aware of the fact that you have mentioned that your hubby is older before.  Was trying not to step in it. :D  Actually, didn't realize your gap was only 7 years, feeling relief now that you don't even fall into the category I was talking about.  My ex was 4 years younger than me.  I feel like Farm and Bright came across as having a gap of at least 15 years. 

What you said about innocence vs. an older man who needs younger prey to get his ego stroked is my point, for sure!  Maybe Bright and Farm are supposed to have an age gap of less than 10 years, but I don't think so.  Considering that Bright seems to treat all of his patients without anyone around to supervise him, and seems to know how to treat a wide variety of conditions, plus the fact that the actor looks at least 35, and Farm is probably supposed to be 18 or 19. . .  I just looked it up.  The ACTORS have an age gap of 20 years.  To me, that's just too big.  Go pick on someone your own age, Bright!  (Plus, everyone we see him with throughout the show is younger like that.  Maybe would have been nice if they'd show him to be a more equal-opportunity player.)

My point is, I agree with you on those two!

I also hope that Farm isn't a big player now, though he seemed to be at the end of TWM.  Hopefully it was temporary.  We already know that he's probably not as big a player as Bright was.  He said that the new guy was his "boyfriend", not last night's one night stand. :D

To be honest, the age gap doesn't really bother me as much as the older experienced guy going after the younger inexperienced guy. I know it can happen the other way around, but that's not what happened here. I just feel it's both ethically and morally wrong. 

Someone once told me that i had an "over developed moral compass". :huh:

I still haven't worked out if he was complimenting me or insulting me! :huh:

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, mads102030 said:

plus the fact that the actor looks at least 35, and Farm is probably supposed to be 18 or 19. . .  I just looked it up.  The ACTORS have an age gap of 20 years.  To me, that's just too big.  Go pick on someone your own age, Bright!  (Plus, everyone we see him with throughout the show is younger like that.  Maybe would have been nice if they'd show him to be a more equal-opportunity player.)

Actually Porsch is 44 in real life and his husband is 33 and they have been together 10 years..married for 4.  Both and NewYear while not married but are both out. actors. Both is 30 and NewYear is 23 they have been together for 12 years.  

For me the issue is not the age between Farm and Bright - it's the interactions...In TWM2 the ages never even came on my radar perhaps because it's not that unusual for  my life experience. I personally know gay couples who has 10, 20, and 25 year gaps in ages. They are some of the happiest couples I know.  Age doesn't always correspond to life-experiences. 

How Bright acted that's another story...although Players come in all ages...( Serpent from WTD was piece of work, even more so than Bright and the same age as Rambo).    Bright broke Farms heart and Farm has to do something with that...revenge seems to be on the plate right now. But even a broken heart mends so we'll see where this goes...and how it goes.

3 hours ago, deltos said:

Actually Porsch is 44 in real life and his husband is 33 and they have been together 10 years..married for 4.  Both and NewYear while not married but are both out. actors. Both is 30 and NewYear is 23 they have been together for 12 years.  

For me the issue is not the age between Farm and Bright - it's the interactions...In TWM2 the ages never even came on my radar perhaps because it's not that unusual for  my life experience. I personally know gay couples who has 10, 20, and 25 year gaps in ages. They are some of the happiest couples I know.  Age doesn't always correspond to life-experiences. 

How Bright acted that's another story...although Players come in all ages...( Serpent from WTD was piece of work, even more so than Bright and the same age as Rambo).    Bright broke Farms heart and Farm has to do something with that...revenge seems to be on the plate right now. But even a broken heart mends so we'll see where this goes...and how it goes.

Yeah, I get nervous to voice my opinion on large age gap relationships, because I know lots of them are great and work out and I really don't set out to offend.  Just, the ones I've observed in my life were bad.  And they were bad because the older party wanted someone young who they could control and mold into the ideal mate.  And then that younger person grew up and no longer wanted to be molded.  I wouldn't have that big a gap for a serious relationship, myself, if we're talking someone 10+ years younger than me.  They're legal, but they still have a lot of growing up to do.  Someone 10+ years older is fine.  We're both grown-ups. Anyone who is happy in their healthy relationship, I'm very happy for them!

I could have easily put up with their age gap, if it weren't for their interactions (which I believe had something to do with their ages).  All together, it was just one icky package.

We were talking about QAF in the other forum.  And Brian and Justin didn't gross me out.  So there you go.  I don't even listen to my own opinions, when the writers do a good job of convincing me that their personalities and maturity balance each other out.   

Pent from WTD was fine for me so far. . . depending on exactly what was going on in that teaser scene for season 2.  I liked his character, not that I'm shipping him with Rambo like some.  He just seems like an honest guy who likes what he likes and invites Rambo to join, or not, depending on Rambo's decision.  And Rambo chooses the self-distructive option.  I have nothing against consensual drug use and promiscuity (I mean, I'm not encouraging it, but they're not monsters or anything), and to my eyes I felt that Rambo had signed up for exactly what he got. 

Looks like this will be a sequel to TWM. 

Does the continuity with BR will be ignored. I hope not but we'll see in the first few episodes.

I'm invested with Cho-Yiwha same as I'm invested with Korn-Knock since I watched BR (even with some of their ridiculous story)

Can't wait for the show to start.

8 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I'm ignoring all the messages I haven't read yet just to shout ONE WEEK TO GO GUYS AND GALS. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Yep !!  It's not a bad way to start my day...it will be 9 AM when I see it...(yes I plan to see it live - at least the first one). :tounge_wink:

So I've finally read up. 

I love reality based BL shows. But I also love the fluff and the glitter. They each have their place depending on how one feels at the time of the show. I know I'm going to feel anxiety just watching Next Chapter and I'll have to use LBC to help me recover and keep the balance going. 

I don't mind age gap relationships. I'm two years older than Dee and that's not much but I'm immature for a chick and he's very mature for a dude so we strike a great balance. With Farm and Bright, I want them to get back together but I don't want it. Or at least I don't want it if Bright will slip back into old habits, or if the two of them will have an open relationship. I'm not too keen on Farm keeping him new habits either. I wouldn't mind them being together if they decided to start from scratch and build a healthy relationship once they have cleared the air and reached a place of mutual respect. I can deal with that.

I was never invested in Yiwah and Cho. I wasn't even that interested in Being and the other girl. I simply liked Korn and Knock. That didn't mean I didn't enjoy the show, it had it's funny moments. I just hope if Yiwah does leave Cho, that its for someone good because that guy could be a richard simmons and I don't want my girl Yiwah to have regrets and then have to run back to Cho simply because she was wrong about the other guy. That just feels like stringing Cho along because you don't have a better option.

I just want my KornKnock to survive this and come out of it all better men with a happy life together. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I just want my KornKnock to survive this and come out of it all better men with a happy life together. 

They have both said in various interviews that TWM3 is reality driven as you have said.  So, I'm looking forward to some real talk, some real situations and some real resolutions whatever they may be. You know the struggle is real for Korn - we know how is family is from Bad Romance...there will be balance though --- fluff on one end ( LBC) and reality on the other (TWM3)...I. like balance...LOL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Are we ready for the love and the angst? I wish I could watch it live. I think I need to get some hot chocolate on my way home so I can have a big mug of it when I finally settle down to watch this one. I'm going to be chugging that stuff every week.

I am looking forward to a Big Boy BL series. Should be exciting!

• Like 2