[Taiwanese Drama 2017] Love, Timeless 鐘樓愛人

0ly40

@catocat I think you are spot on with your description of Ruby. However, I do think both she and Jun Ren did try to change things. Like I said in my previous post in the new 2007 Ruby grasped on many opportunities to get closer to Zhao Yu, to the point that I felt sorry for her that he didn't reciprocate at all. Jun Ren also tried to change his destiny by earning money on his own so they won't need to rely on Ruby's family. Sadly his father didn't trust him with his decision.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, Chipibela said:

@Transitionyes I do recall that scene it was a picture not only of ZY if I'm not mistaken! She seemed puzzled and also seemed to have remembered something however that call made her forget everything! I'm also quite certain that Zzy lost contact with KJ and for a Lon period of time! He seems to be actively searching for her and by the preview she doesn't seem to be there when Ruby.attempts suicide and we see both JR and ZYnrunning towards Ruby! And that red picture that ZY are trying to understand is mentioned once again! It's as if they ate saying that we need to look to the bigger picture to open our minds and their minds also

Yes, it was not of only Zhao Yu. I found the picture at Wei Ting's facebook. It was actually taken on their spare-time so they were not Zhao Yu, Master Meng, Jun Ren and Ruby but Nick, Johnny, Chang Jie and Wei Ting. But it went by so fast in the drama so people probably didn't notice that Zhao Yu and Jun Ren were smiling happily together in the picture :tongue:

983873_1447310801999109_1170219653457039

On 6/14/2017 at 5:04 PM, Ana Paula Cionci said:

Yeah, he answered that, but we never saw Ruby and Jun Ren talking about that, there is no conversation at all. And when we had this, they do not talk of others reasons besides love!

Ps: I meant english translation (to OST and Nick Shou's dramas

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any subtitles to Nick's earlier dramas. I can't find English translations to the OST either. 

Note! Spoilers ahead!

I have read the summary for episode 10 and also some speculations from other fans. Many of them think that in the new 2017 Ruby actually married Zhao Yu this time. Because in the summary it was mentioned that Jun Ren went to Zhao Yu's home to search for Ruby. The reason to why Zhao Yu doesn't know that they are married is because he has the old memory from the first 2017. The fans think Ruby wants to commit suicide this time despite her new fate is because during these past 10 years although she and Zhao Yu are married in his heart he has never let go of Kai Jia and he is still actively searching for her.

I don't know if their speculation is true but if it is then Zhao Yu is really not worth either Kai Jia nor Ruby. Not that Jun Ren is anything better but still...

Btw, Love, timeless has officially wrapped up yesterday. They have been very effective with their filming despite the bad weather. It has only took them 3 months to complete it. Although I believe it has been tiring for them since some of them have been travelling back and forth from Taipei to Taizhong. 

Here's a cute picture by Master Meng

19145810_1808386295854981_17355760828999

Wrap-up dinner. Johnny Yang (Master Meng) and Blue Lan (Zhi Ni) finished their parts a few days before the others so they have already started with a new project/vacation so they weren't able to attend. 

1_4.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/06/2017 at 6:54 PM, Chipibela said:

@Ana Paula Cioncihere's just a sample

Here are the lyrics for I say baby one of the two songs he sings in the drama

不想出去待在家 今晚外面的雨下得特別大 開始想念你長髮 我開始和過去的回憶對話 一個人安靜的think 只聽到寂寞的雨 今晚這樣下去 DJ play my music I say baby 何時才能夠再見到你 I say baby 因為你我寫了這首曲 I say baby 今晚我們相約在東區 I say baby 當我的S.N.G baby Ain't nobody do me like you DJ let the music play 對你如此的想念 可不可以牽著手 讓我帶你去海邊 I don't know what to do if I didn't have you I don't know what to do so lost without you 一個人安靜的think 滿腦子都想著你 更多更詳盡歌詞 在 ※ 魔鏡歌詞網 今晚這樣下去 DJ play my music I say baby 何時才能夠再見到你 I say baby 因為你我寫了這首曲 I say baby 今晚我們相約在東區 I say baby 當我的S.N.G baby Ain't nobody to me like you 時間過了多久 我還在想著這段 放不掉的感覺 思念繞著我在打轉 Would you be my B.A.B.Y 還是你只想要have fun 這段不斷rewind 過去不斷remind 就算你不再reply I still live in good life 但如果你願意 will be better no lie So do you wanna fly with me or do you wanna go They call me nickthereal what else you wanna know

I know the other one he sings in the drama is this one *Can’t Let Go 不放 by Nick Chou 周湯豪 and its my favourite of the two  however I couldn't find the English lyrics!

I already saw this one, this song was the oppening song of Swimming Battle, and I really loved the song! But just now I realized that Nick is the singer! I am searching the lyrics of Can´t let go, but I think there is no translation :/

@Transition Yeah, I am thinking the same :/. I think I will ask my chinese teacher to help me translate this song hmm.

_____

If the theory is true,  I am  more certain that the real reason for them to time travel is to fix the misunderstandings but not necessarily change things. And I think Zhao Yu is the most responsible one!

PREVIEW TIME - Zhao Yu is singing Actor Nick's song. Summer is looking so beautiful and Kia Jia looks like have a better Career now.

Ru Bi Nowhere - so either hospital or you-know-what. Seems like they are planning again to change things.

ONE More preview is out and - Tan tana naa - Its Ms. professor

Heart breaking as I suspected! Him reaching for her image, him missing her for seven long years and yet not understanding! Thankfully by the preview he might in two weeks since apparently no episode will air this weekend! Sigh!  I surely hope he does! 
JR s pain feeling guilty... everything a huge mess since they didn't fully understand what they want and need! And the image again: JR holdings pic with two faces.. a cage in one a free bird in the other.. And the appearance of the painting again! The one with two meanings, the one you need to look with your heart, with an open mind to see what's hidden!
Love this drama! Just got love everything about it

On 03/07/2017 at 10:09 AM, catocat said:

I am late bute here are previews - Waiting for episode 11 translation. Kia Jia looks far more confident now.

Ru Bi proposing to Zhau Yu

For what I can understand, it seems Jun Ren really cares about Ruby (and I think he may loves her, but it is just personal thinking), and Kai Jia is running away, but I do not blame her after everything she been throught because of Zhao Yu. I think he needs to confess his feelings ( and insecurites) to her or he will loose her for good (actually I am starting to realize that this drama may have a sad end). At the same time there is some lottery ticket that I think they will winning (maybe it will change more things for the future). But what I am really wondering is about the accident, who is the guy? And what it will change in their dinamique?

Ps: I decided to try to translate the lyrics of the openning song, I am sorry If is not accurate, but my chinese is basic and english is not my mother language either. So I translated chinese to my mother language and after translated to english.

Spoiler

I Hold your hand/ To take you far away/Wishing to keep the treasure of kindness/To give you more than enough/This world too dangerous/ Of tomorrow so uncertain/I want to remember your face/To make it timeless/I'll be waiting somewhere/Each future I have with you/ Yeh Oh Ya/ Hey, Do not give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/Don´t be alone/ Don´t worry alone/Hey, Don´t give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/Don´t be alone/ Love you and I do not let you go/ Hey, Do not give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/Love you and I do not let you go/the fate of two people/Like the rhyme of love/Through crowds/I would like to fight for it (the love)/Protect it from heartbroken/You promised not to back down/You deserve to be treat well/ ? (I could not understand this part, I will ask my chinese teacher to help me)/I will be waiting somewhere/Each future I have with you/ Yeh Oh Ya/ Hey, Do not give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/Don´t be alone/Hold your love, I won´t let you go/Hey, Don´t give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/ Let me treat you right babe let me be the light (4x)/Hey, Do not give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/Don´t be alone/Hold your love, I won´t let you go/Hey, Don´t give up from love/Hold on tight and do not let go/

My heart and Mind is taken by some other show so haven't watched the translated episode 12 but i thought there must have some discussion happened here but there is none. I think now scriptwriter should stop running here and there and stop this love square and get to the point.

Gonna comment on monday after watching both of the episodes. Jun Ren and Ru Bi love the Hero and Heroine. oh my.

Preview time

I don't know if I'm the odd one out but I'm not interested in Zhao Yu and Kai Jia's line, probably because I think she deserves someone better. I think Zhao Yu had it too easy. Kai Jia has waited 20 years for him to confess and he just had to bring her on a date and she forgives him?

As for Ruby and Jun Ren. I think Jun Ren is being too harsh towards her. He knew that Ruby in 2007-2008 liked Zhao Yu so why is he getting angry that the letter I94U was given to Zhao Yu? Isn't that expected? I think Ruby started to like JR since the scene with the dog, how he was so patient to befriend the dog, so who knows perhaps the I94U letter in the previous timeline was really to JR but JR just assumed it was to Zhao Yu because in this timeline Ruby intended to give it to him. From the latest preview I'm afraid Love, Timeless will have a sad ending. It looks like no matter how many times they time-travel the result still end up the same. 

Honestly, I'm glad Jun Ren finally ended his marriage with Ruby... but the the way he did it really was harsh. The first time through, they didn't love each other. The second time through, Ruby was still thinking of what ifs with Zhao Yu and Jun Ren was in love with Kai Jia but he probably didn't realize it. Jun Ren said that he only believed in love after hugging Kai Jia-- not Ruby. He changed for Kai Jia, not Ruby. The third time, Ruby and Jun Ren had a rebound marriage after being rejected by both Zhao Yu and Kai Jia. Yeah... I don't think third time's the charm for these two. After that much time with one person, Jun Ren should know if he loves her or not. Still, marrying and divorcing her like that for revenge is going too far. They shouldn't have married at all. Jun Ren should let Ruby find someone who deserves her (or at the very least, not make her suicidal) and deal with his daddy issues on his own.

I just have to say that fire suit ticket game that Bai Pin Ren made the kids play in Episode 13 was really messed up. I'm no psychologist, but making that many people tell a suicidal girl to "Go die!" just seems like a bad idea.

23 hours ago, Transition said:

I don't know if I'm the odd one out but I'm not interested in Zhao Yu and Kai Jia's line, probably because I think she deserves someone better. I think Zhao Yu had it too easy. Kai Jia has waited 20 years for him to confess and he just had to bring her on a date and she forgives him?

As for Ruby and Jun Ren. I think Jun Ren is being too harsh towards her. He knew that Ruby in 2007-2008 liked Zhao Yu so why is he getting angry that the letter I94U was given to Zhao Yu? Isn't that expected? I think Ruby started to like JR since the scene with the dog, how he was so patient to befriend the dog, so who knows perhaps the I94U letter in the previous timeline was really to JR but JR just assumed it was to Zhao Yu because in this timeline Ruby intended to give it to him. From the latest preview I'm afraid Love, Timeless will have a sad ending. It looks like no matter how many times they time-travel the result still end up the same. 

Spoiler

Well I wouldn't say that Zhao Yu had it too easy exactly. When they travel back the first time, Zhao Yu was given a second chance to experience moments with Kai Jia that he didn't originally associate with romantic feelings. However, after going back he has noticed that he has always subconsciously thought about Kai Jai. After realizing his romantic feelings for her, he has expressed his feelings for her through gestures and has her happiness as top priority. The only thing is, he hasn't been able to explicitly confess his feelings to her. You can also tell that the ten years of separation between the two took a toll on him and forced him to make some necessary changes. Having said that, I do agree that after everything he put Kai Jia through, he should be doing as much as he can to make up for that. But if you look at the most recent episode (14), Zhao Yu has shown some growth/consideration for Kai Jia. After taking a much deserved verbal reaming from Kai Jia about how Jun Ren and Kai Jia shared similar moments and how Jun Ren was better than him, Zhao Yu didn't react immaturely to it like he might have if it was the "past" him. Instead, he went out of his way to create a "timeless" moment that was wholly theirs. While it could be read as him trying to merely one-up Jun Ren, I believe he genuinely wanted to find something to share with Kai Jia that could only belong to the two of them.

In regards to Jun Ren and Ruby, I believe Jun Ren had originally only thought Ruby had a crush on Zhao Yu and reacted negatively when it was implied that the I94U Note was more of a Love confession. Add that along with the fact that Kai Jia and Zhao Yu are now together, causing Jun Ren to lash out like that. However, the way he treated Ruby at the end was ice cold...:-(

Throughout the drama, there have been events that have alluded to the fact that although the sequencing/timing of events may be different, the end result has been the same (how the friends came together originally for that photo, the lottery ticket winner). Some people believe that things are predetermined, while some believe that we have a greater control over our fate. In this case, it may not be about the end result but what we learn along the way and how that shapes us.

I enjoy watching Zhao Yu get treated like dirt by Kai Jia because he was a serious jerk to her in the beginning. Still, even I think the way she dropped all contact with him for 10 years (the second time around) was going too far. He's just an insensitive cad-- it's not like he killed her parents or anything like that. One year is enough for space. Three years, tops. He's like family to her. His parents are like her adopted parents. You don't just cut family off like that unless the reason is a serious one. (Murder, betrayal, fatal illness-- note that "oops, got drunk and accidentally slept with jerk brother figure and now things are really awkward" doesn't count.)

It's satisfying to see Zhao Yu understand what it's like to be rejected repeatedly by someone he loves, but I don't think he's changed enough. It's funny-- I read the whole movie date ice cream competition with Jun Ren differently. Zhao Yu is still immature. He still gets super jealous when Kai Jia mentions spending time with Jun Ren (she was teasing you, you idiot!). The top priority is beating Jun Ren like in the basketball game. Never mind that he just abandoned Kai Jia in the middle of the date without explanation. Being better than Jun Ren is more important than Kai Jia's feelings. Kai Jia's point is that it shouldn't matter. What's between them (Kai Jia and Zhao Yu) has nothing to do with Jun Ren-- what matters is their feelings for each other. Unfortunately, Zhao Yu isn't quite there yet. He's still self-centered. Look at how little he cares about Ruby who he knows will commit suicide later. When Kai Jia gets concerned about Jun Ren and Ruby, Zhao Yu just brushes it off. They're fine... look at me! date me!

Gah, these people need to calibrate their emotions better. It's one extreme after another.

As for the rules about what can and cannot be changed in the timeline, they still confuse me. Sure some things are fixed, but Master Meng marrying Zhi Ni is a pretty big change. Also, is S&M a thing in Taiwan now? I only watch 2 Tdramas (this & The Masked Lover) and both have a romance that starts after a girl slaps a boy. Cuz if that's all it takes to get a cute boyfriend in Taiwan, I've got my slapping hand ready. All I need is a plane ticket to Taipei.

I think the ten year separation in a way was a good thing for Kai Jia because it allowed her a chance to see for herself how she would be able to live on her own free from Zhao Yu and his family. Kai Jia was given an opportunity to live/work on her own and learn how to support herself. I think Kai Jia is a person that has always operated on the extreme of things. Before they time traveled, she was pining away at Zhao Yu for ten years and didn't try to meet other people/pursue love. In a way, it would make sense that she would think in order for her to free herself of his influence is to completely cut him out of her life. But I agree with you on Zhao Yu. I've read other comments and you would think this guy was the absolute scum of the earth. Sure, the guy seemed like the player type and never showed great consideration for Kai Jia's feelings but I feel all the characters had their own hang-ups when it came to love. The important thing is that the characters identify this and try to change for the better, which I feel they have for the most part. 

I can see your point on Zhao Yu/Kai Jia. Kai Jia is definitely the more mature of the two. As you said, Kai Jia is clear in what she wants but Zhao Yu is allowing his competitive streak/outside factors get in the way of that. Baby steps I guess...

As for Ruby, after the whole psychological ticket game thing they played, I think Zhao Yu was under the impression that Ruby displayed more of a willingness to live. I think they want to try to build up Ruby's confidence so that she can stand on her own. I don't think it's right to completely dump everything on Jun Ren and expect him to do all the heavy lifting. It would be better for them to come as a group to provide her with support. 

Lol, as for whether or not S&M is a thing in Taiwan, I can't answer that with great certainty. But I too am willing to offer myself as tribute, especially if it's Vivian Sung doing the slapping..>_>

So I just finished watching the finale. I think the drama conveyed the things they wanted, that life is precious and not take things for granted, that love isn't always about those heart-fluttering moments but rather an emotion that might not have many ups and downs but is everlasting. It took both Zhao Yu and Jun Ren 20 years to realize that. I like how Ruby in this third timeline became stronger and made decisions such as giving up her dream as her singer for the sake of her own health and for the one she loves and willing to wait for Jun Ren to give their relationship a third chance. Huang Wei Ting did really good in the latest episodes. I could feel how much emotional stress she (Ruby) was going through and also her helplessness and sadness in the scene where Jun Ren was handcuffed and sent away by the police. A really different character and portrayal of hers compared to her previous drama V-focus. Chang Jie was a nice surprise. I haven't watched him act before. Summer has been good and consistent throughout the drama. Nick didn't do bad either but his character didn't have much layers so he didn't have as much to work with compared to the other three. Except that it was a bit draggy at the beginning with too many flashbacks, I like the drama overall. It is more serious and also different from the typical time-travelling dramas. As we have mentioned before, it is a bit similiar to a Japanese movie called Orange. So if you enjoyed this one I think you will like Orange too. 

I agree with you on many of the things you've said. I think this drama wanted to show that love is a journey that will be filled with both joy and pain and that if it's really worth it, you'll have to experience/endure everything that love encompasses. I really liked the way this drama used the time-travelling element and alternative timelines sort of as "trials" for the characters to learn and see things in a different manner. Just like how that paining contained a hidden "picture" in it that can only be seen from a certain perspective. In the original timeline, Zhao Yu shared a lot of moments with Kai Jia that could have been construed as romantic but Zhao Yu didn't see them that way originally. With the chance to re-live the moments again, he was afforded a new perspective that reframed those moments and allowed him to realize that he originally did have feelings for Kai Jia all along. 

Agreed with you on Ruby, they had to strike that balance between building up her character so that she could have the confidence to live on while also having the other friends be there for her to provide her with support when she needs it. Likewise I agree that it was a smart idea to surround Nick with both Summer and Huang Wei Ting. Both of them were asked to shoulder more of the heaver/emotional aspects of the drama and I believe they both delivered. I was familiar with Chang Jie from his role in Back to 1989 but he was underutilized there. But I feel like he did a good job here as well. 

The last bit of the final episode felt a bit rushed and I would've have personally liked to see a moment with the entire group together (Zhi Ni was missing..) but I really loved this drama. I noticed that the writer of this drama also wrote In A Good Way which seems to have gotten positive notices. I watched a few episodes of that one but it didn't really click with me but I might have to revisit it sometime. I guess I'll have to check out that Orange movie. Thanks for the recommendation!

I may not commented as many as this drama deserved, but I think this drama was really good and I have been stuck at him like I was with "Marry me or Not". Yeah, it is true that the drama was not perfect (I think they needed more episodes). Some character (as Jun Ren) needed more development as individuals, I missed a final scene with the entire group (I think if the drama ends up with this scene it would be better, athough I liked the final scene). The actors were great (and I think Nick, Summer and Huang Wei Ting were fantastic). I am addict to all the ost (to the point where I translated the opening song). But I wanted more scenes with the main couple, because I think some things between them were a little bit rushed. Well, and I think the last phrase where they said "Our destinies are determined by a series of timeless moments", can definied the drama pretty well. I think this drama were the first (thanks good, because I wanted some good drama with this plot) drama that did a good job with time-travelling!

Archived