[Taiwanese Drama 2017] Love, Timeless 鐘樓愛人

0ly40

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I'm highly enjoying the drama and I'm always looking for news about it! So its a beat of fresh air to have found you guys! I'm also following the perfect match and even though I'm enjoying it, love timeless surpassed my level of addiction towards it!

I'm not necessarily a fan of time travelling dramas but this one seems to be well built, the plot even with some cliches is interesting, maybe the fact that both travelled in time helps!

To me its not about having a second chance to change what you regret, but having a second chance to experience things again only to find out that you've let yourself so focused in events that you've missed others that are even more important! There's no doubt in my mind that Kai Jia and Zhao Yu belong together and I will be really frustrated if this couple won't end up together!

I'm loving the chemistry especially between Summer and Nick, the scenes and interactions are gullible and the dialogues have quite an impression on my.. some even pierce through me! Its my first time watching all the actors and I have to say I'm a new fan! But Nick and Summer really blew me away in these 3 first episodes!

I'll visit often so please keep sharing your thoughts and findings! I'm having a difficult time discovering updates, it might help my complete lack of Chinese understanding! :blush:

Preview and welcome here @Chipibela  2 previews my fellows. I have said in my previous comment that i have become quite emotionally invested in Love, Timeless. I like light rom com The Perfect Match but this show has forced me to express more.

@0ly40 Thanks for the OST. And please join us in discussion. You hardly ever talk about shows.

Hi @catocat It's a pleasure upload news, episodes and OSTs in the threads. Sorry for no comments about the dramas, because of my work I don't have much time to keep up with the episodes. I usually see the series when they have finished. But I really enjoy reading the comments, reviews and  opinions in these forums.

@Chipibela I like your interpretation of the meaning of this drama. I think it fits Zhao Yu's situation perfectly. It is really obvious for us audience that he likes Kai Jia but he personally have to go through all these events again to finally realize it. What I like about the story so far isn't only because it is different from the typical timetraveling dramas but also because there are many things that are unexpected. (Note- spoilers ahead)! 

I have always thought Jun Ren liked Ruby, although he cheated on her in 2017, but after watching episode 5 I'm pretty sure he only married her to help solve the crisis that his father is having with the company. That's why he was angry and frustrated and drew that picture at the clock tower. Ruby seems to see him as a friend only too so she probably just married him because she is an obedient daughter who doesn't dare to go against her parents. It seems like both of them are slowly falling for Ka Jia and Zhao Yu respectively though. The same goes to Ka Jia and Zhao Yu. When Ruby held Zhao Yu's hand he looked at her differently. 

I actually prefer if it is Zhao Yu+Ruby and Jun Ren+Ka Jia. That way it will be happy ending for all of them. Look-wise I also think they suit each other better. In real-life Summer Meng (the one who plays Ka Jia) is also closer to Zhang Jie while Huang Wei Ting is closer to Nick Chou. 

On 13/05/2017 at 10:47 PM, Transition said:

I have always thought Jun Ren liked Ruby, although he cheated on her in 2017, but after watching episode 5 I'm pretty sure he only married her to help solve the crisis that his father is having with the company. That's why he was angry and frustrated and drew that picture at the clock tower. Ruby seems to see him as a friend only too so she probably just married him because she is an obedient daughter who doesn't dare to go against her parents. It seems like both of them are slowly falling for Ka Jia and Zhao Yu respectively though. The same goes to Ka Jia and Zhao Yu. When Ruby held Zhao Yu's hand he looked at her differently. 

I actually prefer if it is Zhao Yu+Ruby and Jun Ren+Ka Jia. That way it will be happy ending for all of them. Look-wise I also think they suit each other better. In real-life Summer Meng (the one who plays Ka Jia) is also closer to Zhang Jie while Huang Wei Ting is closer to Nick Chou. 

Since episode 4 I'm quite certain that they've married only because they felt compelled.. forced by their parents and that I hate! Even if having feelings towards one another, that kind of marriage is up to a big fall, and that unfortunately happened! They might of really like each other but failed to be true to one another and to that feeling!That kind of decision might bring misunderstandings and hate towards one another! And it did!

That said and after watching episode 5 only two minutes ago I have to say I pity Jun Ren the most! After watching this episode I could understand his pain, in the forth episode I saw his frustration, in this one I witnessed his pain!  He's trapped between his desires and needs and the needs of his father! He could go all the length to try and menace her career without her even knowing! He tried to do it on episode 4 and almost managed it but then something happened and they managed to perform to a crowd! In today's episode Z U came to the rescue and she went to that performance.. I don't know if Ju Ren was mad because of that or if he was feeling jealous!

These last two episodes made me even more certain that Ka Jia and Zhao Yu  belong together! He really loves her there's no doubt about it, he always did but he never acknowledged it! He's way to jealous, he's becoming petty, come on he's a man on his thirties and he's behaving like a teenager! He says he doesn't want her, but he doesn't want her to be with anyone else! What he feels for Ruby is just a fantasy ...<if only I would win that bet I would have he, she's the woman I wantr> how does he know that? Why throw away all your love life because of that? And if that's true why that petty and jealous behaviour? 

The fact that both of them did travel in time will help both! Ka Jia wants to change, wants to try and fall in love again, Zhao Yu has already changed a few things yet he's still stuck with Ka Jia! Why?!! She wants to pursue new things, create new things and he's almost preventing that to happen!

Ka Jia and her sweetness, her care will create changes in Ju Ren, she's already piercing his thick shell... yes he might fall for her and I bet he will, as Ruby is falling for Zhao Yu!

I might change my mind after watching it subbed!I've watched the episode raw and I'm basing my thoughts in their acting and facial expressions! Ayo if only I new some Chinese!!!

I guess that their travel in time might help that failed marriage! And might help Zhao Yu understand what he really treasures the most so that he's able to live is life in its fullest

In my opinion the end game is Ka Jia and Zhao Yu (it might help that I like their chemistry the most) I wouldn't be able to find out that they aren't close, since they seem so comfortable together,  and Ju Ren + Ruby! Argh this drama is making me think to much! Too much feels and I hope I won't be up for an huge disapointment in the end!

Still 10 more episodes to go so I might change my mind during the upcoming episodes

Another preview - It is about Master Meng's love life. So whole Group of 6 people who might or might not be good friends is becoming a Couple Group. Sorry guys i haven't talked much about recent episodes but i will do as soon as DramaFever updates the 05 Episode.

@Chipibela Kissasian seems to be the streaming site which updates the fastest. You can try it for the next episode.

I have just watched episode 6. I think both Ruby and Jun Ren are pitiful characters. Note spoilers ahead!

We already know that Jun Ren is approaching Ruby to help his family solve their financial problem and Ruby is hiding her trueself for her parents because she wants to be the obedient and nice girl, but in this episode it was revealed that there's another reason to why she is acting like this. It turns out that she is the daughter of her dad's mistress. What I still don't get is, it seems like she liked Jun Ren before but is now starting to like Zhao Yu? There were 2 scenes which indicated that, one when Zhao Yu asked her what she felt about Jun Ren and she hesitated a while before saying "I...like him but I like you too." and then in another scene when she and Zhao Yu didn't know where they would like to go and they immediately thought of what Ka Jia and Jun Ren would have liked to go. Hm, I don't know I think both Jun Ren and Ruby are hard to read and understand. I'm almost certain now too that Jun Ren has time-travelled as well because when Ruby played her own song with the guitar for the gang Zhao Yu and Ka Jia cried and Jun Ren was in deep thoughts while the other two Zhi Ni and Master Meng (who didn't timetravelled) were the only ones who applaused and praised that the song was good. 

Fanmeeting in Taipei

18622193_428029184245709_358958831231778

In Kaohsiung 

18581971_428065860908708_454717926708283

Gonna tag you fellow viewer @thephamle join us in this discussion. @Transition and @Chipibela Hdfree is the fastest and then is dramacool. But dramacool has too many pop-up nowadays and Kissasian forces you to disable adblock.

From episode 4 - The last few seconds of scene has changed. Before it was Zhao Yu and Kia Jia now it is Ru Bi.

I liked Zhao Yu and Ru bi + Kia Jia and Jun Ren pair. But it is evident the true love pair is Zhao Yu and Kia Jia.

Also, I think all the time travel has happened because of Ms. Professor. In earlier preview where Jun ren higs Kia Jia there was someone watching them. My immediate reaction was  - its Ru Bi? but her hair looked different and after watching the episode i was certain that it was Ms. Professor and Episode 06 with all the professor information confirms this view.

Funny thing is 1st episode 1st scene Zhao Yu is thinking about that bet he made with Jun Renand shows interest in Ru Bi but as soon as Zhao Yu travels time we see not much of interest from his side towards Ru Bi. Most scenes and interactions are of Zhao Yu and Ru Bi. I complained about it in earlier comment that Jun Ren and Ru Bi are acting like side characters and have not much screen time and even now both are gaining attention and screentime when they are with Zhao Yu and Kia Jia. Writer needs to pay much attention on their character.

FUTURE - From 2017 to 2007 - So now Zhao Yu and Kia Jia is rewriting their present and hence changing their future aka they are rewriting their future or Overwriting their past? They are clearly altering many events and situations. I'm pretty sure all of this Horse riding and dancing didn't happen in their 1st timeline. So how all of this time travel is working? I'm confused because they are changing the outcome of events with their own sheer will. Zhao Yu was able to change the outcome of match and then winter sonata tv-drama's shoot result changed. If we follow this logic then the event that took place will take place but Zhao Yu and Kia Jia can change its outcome but all this holiday fun looked pretty new and similarly Kia Jia buying the Scooter and becoming the manager of Basketball club is new event. Its already 2008 in the show and my question is they gonna time travel to 2017 again or not?

Zhao Yu and Kia Jia - are simple person. 1st episode Kia Jia says she is in love with Zhao Yu for 10 years but she is living with his family since middle school. So we haven't got how Kia Jia realised she is in love with Zhao Yu. Zhao Yu's scenes with Kia Jia shows his romantic feels towards her even before she took interest in him but i think He just throw away those feelings unknowingly because he considered Kia Jia part of family. He create a line and named it Sister.  Starting from Episode 01 i'm supporting Kia Jia and wish her to enjoy and experience life and not to build all ideas around Zhao Yu. I mean Zhao Yu shouldn't be the only objective or dream of Kia Jia and writer is going that way by giving Kia Jia more freedom. Kia Jia needs growth and this 2nd chance is the a big opportunity. Zhao Yu isn't actively pursuing Ru Bi which makes it all more interesting. Why?

Ru Bi and Jun Ren - are much more complicated characters. Ru Bi looks pretty wise and intelligent but acts naive all the time. She notices reaction of Zhao Yu towards Kia Jia often but i don't know what she thinks all about it. Jun Ren is stressed and frustrated and still we don't get how he feels about Ru Bi. He is stern and calculative but he also does have heart.  Kia Jia is bringing difference into Jun Ren's thoughts and kind of providing support to him.

Master Meng with Zhi Ni - This comedy is working well. Again, This is a new event being created here. So it is quite possible to see 2017 as

Zhao Yu and Kia Jia - a Couple or married + Jun Ren and Ru Bi being single and free and Master Meng with open relationship or being couple with Zhi Ni

@catocat I thought I was the only one here liking Zhao Yu + Ruby and Jun Ren + Ka Jia better. I have also noticed the change of pairing during the endingsong where it ends with Zhao Yu holding Ruby's hand instead of Ka Jia's. I think it would be the best ending for all 4 but since Zhao Yu and Ka Jia are the leads it will most likely end up being them afterall.

There have been a few people who have guessed that the female professor has some connection to Ruby. Perhaps her birth mom? I think she and the clocktower/the plant on the clocktower was what made them timetravel. 

As for Zhao Yu changing the events and then also the outcome I'm also curious on how the new 2017 will be. Like I have mentioned earlier perhaps it will be two parallel worlds, like in Orange? That the new 2017 doesn't have any direct connection to the old 2017?

From the preview it seems like Zhao Yu will be helping Ruby out again. By doing that it is hard for Ruby not to fall for him. 

14 hours ago, thephamle said:

@catocat Thank you for tagging me. I am watching the drama without eng sub so I am here for recaps :-).  I hope this drama will be sub by someone asap.

Ming Dao is one of my fav actor. 

The English subtitles are out for this drama. catocat has mentioned a few streaming sites like hdfree, dramacool and kissasian in her post above. 

On 24.05.2017 at 5:15 PM, catocat said:

Also, I think all the time travel has happened because of Ms. Professor. In earlier preview where Jun ren higs Kia Jia there was someone watching them. My immediate reaction was  - its Ru Bi? but her hair looked different and after watching the episode i was certain that it was Ms. Professor and Episode 06 with all the professor information confirms this view.

I had the same reaction XD First - it's Ruby! Later... no it cannot be Ruby, it is Prof.

Its already 2008 in the show and my question is they gonna time travel to 2017 again or not?

Yes, it is really interesting question. It looks that there will be no the same future.

Ru Bi looks pretty wise and intelligent but acts naive all the time.

For me - she is quite irritating. She thinks the world revolves around her.

Jun Ren is stressed and frustrated and still we don't get how he feels about Ru Bi. He is stern and calculative but he also does have heart.  Kia Jia is bringing difference into Jun Ren's thoughts and kind of providing support to him.

Yep, Kai Jia is the best choice for him. She is a lot better than Ru Bi :tongue: But for Kai Jia it is only friendship (for Jun Ren too). Anyway I think that Jun Ren also remember the future. His reaction in ep. 6 O_O 

9 hours ago, Transition said:

There have been a few people who have guessed that the female professor has some connection to Ruby. Perhaps her birth mom? I think she and the clocktower/the plant on the clocktower was what made them timetravel.

I don't think so...Female professor is too young to be Ruby mother. But for sure she is connected with timetravel.

After watching episode 6 I also have doubts about Ju Ren time traveling.. his reaction to the music was also different however I'm still not certain, he might be only feeling guilty for trying to harm her chances on her musical career! Since episode one I thought Kai Jia also time travelled because if you remember only her and Zhao Yu moved when they saw what Ruby was trying to do.. he went upstairs and Kai Jia took a few steps forward and reached out her arms! I'm also certain that the professor has something to do with their time travelling and what puzzles me the most is why did she approach Kai Jia first, approach might not be the right word, but she was the first to see her.. and if I'm not mistaken the only one so far! Yes she appeared more than once but she wasn't seen!

There's no doubts that they are changing the future and probably its outcome! I'm still hopping for an Kai Jia Zhao Yu and Ruby Ju Ren ending! By now I can't conceive another pairing... Kai Jia loves him, even trying to let go, and making an huge effort.. but she doesn't  manage to do so yet because he isn't allowing her! There's no doubt to me that he's interested in her not only as a sister however he denies it and I really have to wonder why!

There's also no doubt that Kai Jia is piercing  Ju Ren shell ... with her compelling nature, maturity, ability to love while letting go ... she's showing him new roads! He didn't need to follow her to the hospital taking another path, but what she said made him  take another route!

I'm eager to know if Zhao Yu kisses Ruby but I'm guessing he didn't... at least I hope he didn't! He was remembering Kai Jia.. their moments eating ice creams.. and that is really revealing of his feelings! 

Also that professor lost someone she loved without ever telling him how much he meant to her,(I'm assuming this since they've only revered that he died)  that's why she devoted her life and work to time travelling, even at the expenses of losing her mind, life!  Maybe that's why they time travelled: to understand .. to find out what they really feel, who they really love to find out what they each person means to each other!  And I agree with @irluna87 shez way to young to be Ruby's mother, at least it seems so.. her co worker is in his early thirties in 2007, he was younger when they wrote that  book ..  so I'm assuming she's about his age, or a little older furthermore Ruby might know who her mother was, since she was his father mistress! 

I am really in love with this drama, but I am also cautious because it seems like sad ending. I do not have a good experience with this kind of drama (I think I have never watched a good ending in a time travel plot), but at the same time I am already adicted to the drama :(. I think Kai Jia and Zhao Yu may have a happy ending, but I think Ruby problably will be dead in the future (that is the reason they are said about the music, because they remember her). And I have 2 theories. The first one, at the end they will not change anything of the future, but they will change the past (when they were friends) and that will make them realize the importance of create great memories. The other option is a classic happy ending, where they will come back and stay together.

@Ana Paula Cionci has also joined us few viewers here.

@Transition I'm a guy. hehe. I'm supporter of Kia Jia from episode 1. In my 1st comment i discussed how much i disliked Zhao Yu and Jun Ren. In my earlier views - both best girls met not so good guys.

So as Episodes aired and as i saw things happening i got that Kia Jia and Jun Ren + Zhao Yu and Ru Bi relationship works quite well. I think that's the way of Scriptwriter to show the audience that these 2 pairs can work.

But still i'm 1st and foremost vouching for Kia Jia and Zhao Yu. Not because they are Main Hero and Heroine, But for the long amiable, deep and subtle relationship they have.

Ms. Professor being the mother doesn't make sense. My own Theory is Ms. professor saw her own unfulfilled life and kind of did the same act as Ru Bi of 2017 did and thought about giving these 6 friends a chance to re-live the moments and make better decisions. Al the "What if i did this then" is being answered now. All the If... Else, all the regrets are properly solved now and Ms. Professor is watching where it all leads to.

@Chipibela I think many viewers want to know why did Zhao Yu never understood his own feelings or tried to make a romantic relationship with her. In 2017 he was showing regrets over losing that Basketball match and how life has changed in 10 years. He tried several relationships but he none of the girl was able to fill the void of his heart. In High School scenes he looked pretty much in love with Kia Jia and then in collage scenes he is out of it. He shows no interest in Ru Bi at all. So, It feels like Scriptwriter either is keeping much information from the audience or Writer couldn't properly showcase the Zhao Yu to the audience. It feels like even scriptwriter is confused about him.

@Ana Paula Cionci Romance dramas mostly have Happy endings, isn't it? But, yeah its possible that we gonna get Bittersweet Ending. Your 1st theory is confusing. I mean how come you change past but not the future? In this case what is Present, Past and Future? What is real timeline? What are consequences of changing the timeline? What could possible happen is in 1st 2007 timeline they were just social friends but weren't real friends. They were just a social group but this time they are confronting each other and hence moving on a path to understand each other better.

2nd - Happy ending - That's what i asked in my previous comment. They gonna time travel back to 2017 again? They have already altered many events and situations while being in 2007. So how it will affect the 2017 is yet to be seen. I don't think scriptwriter ever gonna answer these questions.

I can only say 1 thing - We the viewers thing logically and so weigh pros and cons of every act but Scriptwriter is Lazy fellow. Each episode has some idiotic scenes and all this Time Travel fiasco isn't played in any scientific or sci-fi manner so it allows Scriptwriter huge space to shift the story whatever way possible. So them moving back to 2017 with little changes in the past is quite possible. I don't think Scriptwriter even wants to deal with logic of time Travel and its consequences. Scriptwriter is solely aiming for Characters RELATIONSHIP and how the bring any change into these bonds and how they turn their Life.

1 hour ago, catocat said:

@Ana Paula Cionci Romance dramas mostly have Happy endings, isn't it? But, yeah its possible that we gonna get Bittersweet Ending. Your 1st theory is confusing. I mean how come you change past but not the future? In this case what is Present, Past and Future? What is real timeline? What are consequences of changing the timeline? What could possible happen is in 1st 2007 timeline they were just social friends but weren't real friends. They were just a social group but this time they are confronting each other and hence moving on a path to understand each other better.

2nd - Happy ending - That's what i asked in my previous comment. They gonna time travel back to 2017 again? They have already altered many events and situations while being in 2007. So how it will affect the 2017 is yet to be seen. I don't think scriptwriter ever gonna answer these questions.

I can only say 1 thing - We the viewers thing logically and so weigh pros and cons of every act but Scriptwriter is Lazy fellow. Each episode has some idiotic scenes and all this Time Travel fiasco isn't played in any scientific or sci-fi manner so it allows Scriptwriter huge space to shift the story whatever way possible. So them moving back to 2017 with little changes in the past is quite possible. I don't think Scriptwriter even wants to deal with logic of time Travel and its consequences. Scriptwriter is solely aiming for Characters RELATIONSHIP and how the bring any change into these bonds and how they turn their Life.

I think the chances of a happy ending are 50%. It would be like they change all the past, but at the end of the day they would stuck in the same position. What I mean is, they will change all theses events, but the consequences will be the same. My theory is based on other theory that it does not matter what you do, the future will be the same. And how would it works? Jun Ren would continue betraying Ruby, she would still want to commit suicide. But maybe, Zhao Yu and Kai Jia would be a couple, but I think for some reason they could not stay together and broke up. And the other theory is, they will come back to the present, but they will get back to the time where Ruby is trying suicide. But at this time, they stopped her.

I'm feeling the drama not necessarily has a way to change the future, at least not necessarily that! I'm thinking that they are trying to show that we let our lives be conducted by regrets.. by what IF'S! ZY had always regretted losing that match assuming that he would win Ruby's heart! He believed he was in love!!! How is that possible? How does he know that? She was th!E goddess of University, the aim of all man probably but just that isn't enough and he's experiencing that truth in this time travelling! He won the match and didn't pursue her, she pursued him, she invited him to dates, she's showing interest he's showing no interest at all!

On the other hand If you recall all of those timeless moments that they remember are still happening .. with slight changes.. but they are happening all the same!  By now the changes are all emotion wise, especially in what Ruby is concern, and we continue to see a puzzled ZY! Some of the things they are changing while taking different steps allow us to hope that some changes might occur towards Ruby's career in music! But besides that there's nothing more besides the discovery of the truth love wise!

All of the changes that are happening allowed Ruby to fall in love with ZY.. but we can see that that isn't happening with him! And that puzzles him! Why does it puzzle him? There we go again he denies, doesn't acknowledge his feelings towards Kai Jia! Lord he's so jealous how the eck doesn't he realise that? A few episodes back his father told him that sometimes you are so comfortable with someone that you don't even realize you have feeling for her!

Come on He wasn't that drunk when he kissed and slepped with Kai Jia in the first episode ,,, he even acknowledged it! He did it because deep inside he wanted it.. he might deny it, he might not wanna face it but that's the truth! 

This journey will allow them to find the truth about them.. about what they really want and need! This journey to the past might allow them to change Ruby and Ju Ren relationship! They become a couple, a real couple without doubts between them.. a couple that trusts and shares the truth with each other! Why not? Ju Ren is changing, Kai Jia especially is creating cracks in him! 

And Zhao Yu will understand the depth of his feelings towards Kai Jia! The only character that's showing maturity and consistency! 

To me this isn't a time travel to change the future, but a time travel to realize the truth about your desires! The truth about you! Face what you need, what you want, acknowledged the truth.. discover it! And it seems gullible to me a ZY KJ ending and RUBY and JR with enough changes that allow that moment when she tries to kill herself won't happen!

One things for sure all characters have regrets in 2017! They aren't happy!

Archived