[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

4 hours ago, oneandthree said:

Hmmm to be honest I think we aren't gonna get one... which is weird considering how great their chemistry is. KJW-PSJ portray AR-DM so naturally and their romance development is beyond great. I also once read a weibo update posted on IG that SeoWon is number one compared to some other drama couples (including SongSong).

There could be several reasons;

1. People don't want to get disheartened by having high expectation towards this couple.

2. KJW is said to be dating YYS and PSJ is said to be very close to Hyolyn. Both are said to be high-possibly-taken.

3. Even this drama thread is moving more slowly compared to other drama threads which possess similar success like FMW. There isn't much attention to this drama too since we got only a few updates/news/translations from Korean/Chinese/other media portals posted here. (However I am so glad that this drama is doing well in term of people's responses and ratings despite its lack of buzz)

4. KJW-PSJ is indeed a real couple, so, they don't need to have any shipper threads.lol.

However, you may check there are some IG accounts (besides the above one such as "lingkims", "ffmwfan", "seowoncouple") that often post SeoWon shipping doses along with analyses and discussions. lol. 

Yeeep! Someone (is it hikari? Omooo I am sorry I forgot.) once posted about that couple name. So, choi-go means 'best' in Korean? They are indeed a best couple! :wink:

Well I would set up a page but I seriously rarely go on soompi. I only came back on for FFMW. I was hoping someone would start it.

YYS? Who's that? Never mind I just did some research...

I have noticed and was quite surprised that this drama thread is progressing as slow as it is, which is really weird given the ratings. I'm just putting it down to lack of international fans watching? 

I'm already stalking those accounts hahaha...thanks though.

Yeah choi-go means BEST. I'm going to miss them.

There's already news of KJW being a lead in a movie. CONGRATS TO HER. But I secretly hope for another drama or movie with her and PSJ. Saying that, second collaborations in K-entertainment are rare it seems, unlike JDramas or HK TVB dramas. Sigh...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Agreed!! I really think a huge reason for this is the lack of promotional material coming from the broadcast company. If you compare what we've gotten from this show vs. what a show like Suspicious Partner has had (pretty much constant and incessant amazing bts videos, OST videos, and clips, not to mention Instagram and other SNS by the whole cast and even crew), what we've seen for FFMW is basically next to nothing. Only 7 bts clips (very short ones) so far, and not much from the actors on SNS other than a rare post or two (not that they have any obligation to do that - the production company, though, should know better!!!). So I think it's just been hard for the shipping/fandom momentum to develop because there's nothing to feed the enthusiasm in-between episodes. It frustrates me, actually, because I feel like the show could've gotten even better ratings had the company actually invested way more time in providing the fans with material between episodes. It doesn't change my love of the show any, but I wish we had seen way, WAY more bts and promo material, especially since what we have gotten has been so fun and adorable.

Yes...this drama definitely seems to be low key with the BTS and extra promotion. I wonder why that is? Is it because they are already doing so well that they don't think it's necessary to post more stuff? Or they just didn't have expectations for it to be a huge production? It's weird. Korea isn't one for giving weak fan service so I don't quite understand. Also seeing so many dramas through the years, this one does seem pretty quiet and stingy with their posting. Or are we just too invested that we're not satisfied with the amount we've been given? HAHAHA I don't know...I JUST WANT MORE!! 

Also just found this...

and these...

7 hours ago, oneandthree said:

Hmmm to be honest I think we aren't gonna get one... which is weird considering how great their chemistry is. KJW-PSJ portray AR-DM so naturally and their romance development is beyond great. I also once read a weibo update posted on IG that SeoWon is number one compared to some other drama couples (including SongSong).

There could be several reasons;

1. People don't want to get disheartened by having high expectation towards this couple.

2. KJW is said to be dating YYS and PSJ is said to be very close to Hyolyn. Both are said to be high-possibly-taken.

3. Even this drama thread is moving more slowly compared to other drama threads which possess similar success like FMW. There isn't much attention to this drama too since we got only a few updates/news/translations from Korean/Chinese/other media portals posted here. (However I am so glad that this drama is doing well in term of people's responses and ratings despite its lack of buzz)

4. KJW-PSJ is indeed a real couple, so, they don't need to have any shipper threads.lol.

However, you may check there are some IG accounts (besides the above one such as "lingkims", "ffmwfan", "seowoncouple") that often post SeoWon shipping doses along with analyses and discussions. lol. 

Yeeep! Someone (is it hikari? Omooo I am sorry I forgot.) once posted about that couple name. So, choi-go means 'best' in Korean? They are indeed a best couple! :wink:

I still think that PSJ is single. However i'm not sure about KJW. Unfortunately I believe that she's dating YYS but she keeps flirting with PSJ so i'm not sure.

I don't think any girl will let her boyfriend like PSJ flirting with a beautiful woman like KJW. He is so happy in front of her so for me he's single but maybe I'm wrong. I was saying the same thing with Eric and Seo hyun jin and then Eric married someone else so I don't really want to ship PSJ and KJW although I want them to be together lol

Edit: I saw some videos on Youtube about PSJ and Hyorin :bawling: they are cute too. I don't want to suffer so i'm gonna ship nobody and just wait. 

Hi y'all! I think I have finally recovered from the ending of the last episode, well kinda. (why so saaaaaaad show?)

We're doing another giveaway post to cheer ourselves up! Does anyone have anything they want translated? Just leave a comment on episode 15 and 16 of whatever you want to comment about the show. Here are the details: Fight for My Way Translation Giveaway #2!

I'm so sad that the show is ending, but so happy that it did so well in Korea. I mean seriously, they have a paid vacation and everything. I am imagining Ji-won and Seo-joon getting some alone time in a tropical location, away from all the prying eyes of people who want to know (aka me). it will probably be weird to go back to their old lives.

@kbee123 thanks for posting the screencapture :) I was wondering which episode has DM wearing that jacket but you are so helpful by providing the pic. Why they were holding hands remain a mystery :crazy: it could be a deleted scene just like when in BTS Ae Ra checked DM's Taekwondo shirt (the one by the sea).

@msbeatrice81 @Mindy You are right about the lack of promotional materials. But does it also happen to other KBS dramas? This once also happened when I was watching Shopping King Louis in MBC. It had lack of promotional materials and what made it gain good ratings was because of the words of mouth.

In addition, KBS might keep them for the DVD/Bluray. If we compare it to SP, perhaps SP needs to compete with Ruler which gains higher ratings. Hence, it has got plenty of promotional materials. Meanwhile, FMW is doing the opposite. It is already doing well, so it doesn't need much hype and buzz (Heol KBS! Please shower us more stuff!!!). One more thing is the starpower, I guess. PSJ and KJW are a bit underrated perhaps?

@Mindy Great if you are going to make one. However, I am not really sure that many people will come and post stuff in the thread. This time, I think the hype about SeoWon can mostly be seen on Instagram and Twitter and most of them are hoping that SeoWon will be the next SongSong (Aameen to that!). Thanks for posting the BTS pics and clips. Now I am wondering, are they still filming? 

@Ooka Yeah I also read that PSJ is single but I am not really sure, tho. Korean celebs tend to hide their relationship status.

Did PSJ also do the same with his co-stars in the previous dramas? Being touchy touchy and stuff? or his personality is just like that to create the onscreen chemistry? lol I am trying to be lowkey in shipping them in the real life. Been in some ships before and it is quite tiring when the couple doesn't give the hints you expect. hahaha

@V Your site is awesome! Keep it going! :wink:

@aunniek a food truck for the crew? Yeay so happy for them getting so much love from the fans! :D and... it looks like a hospital? DM is probably there? Or is it for Tak Soo?

By the way, I need your help yeorobun! kekeke. It is said that

1. The phone kept by Landlady Hwang is perhaps a clue for Ae Ra's missing phone during high school.

2. Ae Ra is said to have a crush with the PD (or something like that indicating the past between this two)?

May I know which episodes and which parts hinting about these issues? I tried to rewatch episode 1 and seemed that I missed something, so, I couldn't catch those parts. My memory chip is sometimes lost somewhere but I desperately need to know about these, hence my questions.lol. Thank you very much for advance :)

9 minutes ago, oneandthree said:

1. The phone kept by Landlady Hwang is perhaps a clue for Ae Ra's missing phone during high school.

2. Ae Ra is said to have a crush with the PD (or something like that indicating the past between this two)?

May I know which episodes and which parts hinting about these issues? I tried to rewatch episode 1 and seemed that I missed something, so, I couldn't catch those parts. My memory chip is sometimes lost somewhere but I desperately need to know about these, hence my questions.lol. Thank you very much for advance :)

The missing cellphone was mentioned by DM in episode 8 while DM was listing AR's failed relationships.  It is towards the beginning. AR first references the BF in episode 1 when she is meeting Chang Sook in the VIP lounge and she is talking about "visuals" and he also gets referenced in episode 2 by the friends at Chang Sook's wedding during one of AR's wedding speeches.  It is really never crystal clear, but I think the definitive clues come in episode 9 when he meets with DM and then in episode 10. Really the biggest clue comes from his character description from KBS Korea which @stroppyse translated earlier, hope this helps.

On 6/20/2017 at 0:52 PM, stroppyse said:

Jang Kyung Gu by actor Kang Ki Doong (32) Broadcast PD. He is back. 

Kyung Gu and Ae Ra were members of a Korean Folk Music club at university where he was her senior. Ae Ra played a small gong instrument called a kkwaenggwari and Kyung Gu had a hat with a twirling ribbon, Kyung Gu’s girlfriend Chan Sook played a gong called a jing. Even though Kyung Gu had a girlfriend, he confessed his love to Ae Ra. 

Saying “If Ae Ra was just playing her gong and minding her own business, there is no way the hat twirling bastard would have noticed her”, Ae Ra was chased out of the club. It was very embarrassing for her. Kyung Gu’s way of dealing with his crush was childish. He only thought of how he felt. While Kyung Gu recalls his crush as a passionate memory of a time of innocence for him, for Ae Ra, that remains a disturbing incident of violence.

Kyung Gu contacts his junior Dong Man after ten years. During that time, he’s become a broadcast PD, he’s married, and even has a pretty daughter. Perhaps because he gained strength from a sunny life. He has reinvented himself. Thus, he sets up blind dates for Dong Man, and offers him work, and takes care of him. However, what he’s really curious about is Ae Ra…

My Chinese is way way  below par,  so just the gist, and  I hope I got it right.  If anyone can read Chinese, I defer please correct me and add.  thank you! 

food truck:   coffee truck  sent by scriptwriter Im Sang Chun.   The caption at top of truck reads "until the end, fight my way" (from the pic kkeut kka ji ssam my way) looks yummy.     

hospital scene:  saw this scene but not the actors.   She then translates from Korean what's on the paper on the wall, which basically is FFMW's date and time sched in the venue.

1 hour ago, oneandthree said:

Did PSJ also do the same with his co-stars in the previous dramas? Being touchy touchy and stuff? or his personality is just like that to create the onscreen chemistry? lol I am trying to be lowkey in shipping them in the real life. Been in some ships before and it is quite tiring when the couple doesn't give the hints you expect. hahaha

From what I've seen, and from reading interviews with him, PSJ works really hard to make sure the chemistry with his costars is really good. If you watch the bts from Witch's Romance or She Was Pretty or Kill Me Heal Me, you'll see him behaving the same way he is right now with his other female costars. I don't personally think he and KJW have anything going on other than being really fantastic, hardworking actors who are doing their best to make the drama a success!! 

2 hours ago, oneandthree said:

[edited]

Thank you so much! It has been really fun so far. I agree with everyones comments (which are summarized so nicely here). @aunniek gave a good breakdown of your questions. Here is what I know off the top of my head:

1. I am actually not sure about the phone.I only remember it from the most recent episodes, 13 and 14, but I need to go back and watch episode 8 (thank you aunniek)? I don't remember it in any other episodes. Does anyone else know?

2. She never had a crush on him, but he had a crush on her and it seems like he made her life miserable by getting her kicked out of a traditional Korean dance club. He said she liked him even though he had a girlfriend and it seems like everyone turned on her becaues of that. He was mentioned in the first episode when Aera and her college friend had their Street fighter showdown in the VIP mall lounge. Then he appeared in episode 2 when he called Dong-man to be on the trivia show. I don't think he showed up again until everyone went to the beach in episodes 10 and 11 (I think). Which is what gave us a little clue to their past relationship. 

53 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

From what I've seen, and from reading interviews with him, PSJ works really hard to make sure the chemistry with his costars is really good. If you watch the bts from Witch's Romance or She Was Pretty or Kill Me Heal Me, you'll see him behaving the same way he is right now with his other female costars. I don't personally think he and KJW have anything going on other than being really fantastic, hardworking actors who are doing their best to make the drama a success!! 

I tend to agree. Though I did look up their astrology once upon a time ago and Libra and Sagittarius do pair up well. Take that with a grain of salt of course. I actually might have gotten their signs wrong though. I think he is Sagittarius and she is Libra? Maybe not, I looked it up way at the beginning of the drama.

2 hours ago, aunniek said:

The missing cellphone was mentioned by DM in episode 8 while DM was listing AR's failed relationships.  It is towards the beginning. AR first references the BF in episode 1 when she is meeting Chang Sook in the VIP lounge and she is talking about "visuals" and he also gets referenced in episode 2 by the friends at Chang Sook's wedding during one of AR's wedding speeches.  It is really never crystal clear, but I think the definitive clues come in episode 9 when he meets with DM and then in episode 10. Really the biggest clue comes from his character description from KBS Korea which @stroppyse translated earlier, hope this helps.

It is very helpful! Thanks a million for the confirmation *bowing 90 degrees*

1 hour ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Aah I guess so. I haven't seen any other PSJ's works, that's why I wondered. Thanks for the information.

I completely agree! These two are amazing, fantastic, and playful too. The other casts are wonderfully working hard as well. No wonder FMW got lots of love. :heart::heart:

Woo Shik's deleted post? hahaha what are they saying? PSJ also replied here.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/detective-k-returns-to-catch-a-vampire-serial-killer/

Wooow so happy for KJW's first saeguk project. I guess it is her time to shine and fly! Thanks to FMW that she finally got recognized better. The filming starts next month and PSJ will also be busy for his Midnight Runners. Hopefully all the casts will be able to spare their time to join the reward vacation this July. They truly deserve it after this hardwork during 5-month filming.

Hi @oneandthree! Someone actually asked about that on twitter! I tried to answer it, but my posts where all over the place (twitter replies/comments are so confusing sometimes ~ aka all the time)

I will just copy the post here, but it is better to go to my tweets and reply's section to see the full translation. For some reason it is hard to see everything on the image? Twitter is strange.

4 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Do u think so? Why do i feel different from u?hahaha i dunno.. afterall those are our opinions only right :D

but anyway i'm gonna enjoy their chemistry while i can and smile watching him stealing kisses from KJW :tongue:

And writernim, jaebal.. give us a double date scene of fantastic four please

Choi-Go "best couple" is creative and I just thought, could it be writer's attention to detail?  Would be good to win best couple  in the year-end KBS awards.   

I think that PSJ was in character during  kiss attack (many kisses on the face.  KJW on the oher hand, sometimes reverts to KJW after the many kisses in the way she sort of gets embarrassed for a moment.   That said, I think they are both doing a great job as actor and actress to deliver the chemistry we see on screen. 

We still have the injuries of DM,  mystery of the landlady and the real Namil, and who the man called "Namil" really is,  creepy PD, TS and a probable rematch, JM-SH, and is the HR angle closed yet or not?   hope they don't spring us more new things at crunchtime.  

34 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Choi-Go "best couple" is creative and I just thought, could it be writer's attention to detail?  Would be good to win best couple  in the year-end KBS awards.   

I think that PSJ was in character during  kiss attack (many kisses on the face.  KJW on the oher hand, sometimes reverts to KJW after the many kisses in the way she sort of gets embarrassed for a moment.   That said, I think they are both doing a great job as actor and actress to deliver the chemistry we see on screen. 

We still have the injuries of DM,  mystery of the landlady and the real Namil, and who the man called "Namil" really is,  creepy PD, TS and a probable rematch, JM-SH, and is the HR angle closed yet or not?   hope they don't spring us more new things at crunchtime.  

It could be... given that this writer is very good in details. I have checked the list of KBS Mini Series in 2017, so far, FMW and Chief Kim are the most popular ones (based on ratings) and for the best couple itself, I think the BEST couple has a high chance to win in KBS year-end awards.

PSJ has been a lead role in several drama projects while KJW has got one in FMW. I think this also explains how immersed PSJ into Dong Man character is. Meanwhile, KJW sometimes feels embarassed when being kissed (which is cute.hehehe). 

I hope so. For the Namil saga, they probably will just replay some clue scenes in revealing the mystery, so.. it is possibly lasting for less than 10 minutes of the whole screentime.

Any info about wrap-up party?

16 hours ago, aunniek said:

Reveal hidden contents

If anyone has the inclination to translate the first two, it would be appreciated.  :blush:

My chinese is not fab but here's approximately what the first 2 IG says

1) #fightformyway #6thJuly Cast and crew meal support, today *someone* gives coffee support, banner says "till the end - fight my way" Today's meal for the cast and crew is plentiful

then under the pic : REally like this BJ (I don't know what BJ is), gives a lot of care to the drama, every character stands out, hope the last 2 episode gather all the strenght, Fight for My Way is an excellent drama

2) filming (BTS) picture, reveals filming location, initally shows timetable but did not see any actors. Tonight's filming takes place in a hospital somewhere in Seoul.

The words in the picture is : patient room 1830 - 2000, consultation room/in front of consultation room 2100 - 2230, CT scan room 2230 - 2400

predicting this is last night of filming, cast and crew "add oil" = "Fighting!" (in Korean)

I don't know why I just had this random thought...what if Landlady was TS's mum...hahaha...and out of guilt from the first fight between DM and TS, she felt bad towards the parents because they were somewhat close friends and saw the kids grow up. Also because of her illness she left. This is highly unlikely but waiting for Monday has driven me slightly crazy if you all haven't noticed.

Also I rewatched Ep.14 and the part where DM is crying and screaming to the coach not to stop the fight, they zoomed and focused on the creepy PD...I wonder if he will have a change of heart and stop whatever nonsense he has planned.

Did anyone notice that Byung Joo guy (the one whom Ae Ra fought with after the aegyo in ep. 8) kinda overhear the convo between Tak Soo and his coaches? And that surprising and annoying look he gave before leaving the room? He would probably reveal Tak Soo's and coach's dirty tricks...

Archived