[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In today ep, we found out Lee Hyun-Suk is Sumbae Lee in Beta project, the one who dislikes Woo-Jin and works for Pro. Han

We saw Pro. Park Dong Gun too. So......... the President of Human B may be Pro. Han ????!!!!

I have the bad feelings about Woo-Jin, there'll be something not good for him in the end ! It explains why Bum Gum(s phone is in

chairman's hand . and Jung Yun becomes Bluebird and against Human B's chairman .... her " father".

Pro. Han knows it's Kim Bum Gum bc he knows Woo Jin is no more, he regrets and doesn't want touching Woo Jin's twin !

You see there's no actor who plays Woo Jin in 2037 ( 41 years old); it can not be Ho Soo ( as I explained before) and Ho So s only 26 years old.!!!

There are 2 parts in this drama : Part 1 = Beta Project with main cast Yeo Jin Goo

Part 2 : Brave New World with main cast Kim Kang Woo 

They play in parallel but as I said, I have bad feelings that ther's no Woo Jin 41 years old in 2037; :dissapointed:

We will see; just my theory :glasses:

9 minutes ago, diane90 said:

In today ep, we found out Lee Hyun-Suk is Sumbae Lee in Beta project, the one who dislikes Woo-Jin and works for Pro. Han

We saw Pro. Park Dong Gun too. So......... the President of Human B may be Pro. Han ????!!!!

I have the bad feelings about Woo-Jin, there'll be something not good for him in the end ! It explains why Bum Gum(s phone is in

chairman's hand . and Jung Yun becomes Bluebird and against Human B's chairman .... her " father".

Pro. Han knows it's Kim Bum Gum bc he knows Woo Jin is no more, he regrets and doesn't want touching Woo Jin's twin !

You see there's no actor who plays Woo Jin in 2037 ( 41 years old); it can not be Ho Soo ( as I explained before) and Ho So s only 26 years old.!!!

There are 2 parts in this drama : Part 1 = Beta Project with main cast Yeo Jin Goo

Part 2 : Brave New World with main cast Kim Kang Woo 

They play in parallel but as I said, I have bad feelings that ther's no Woo Jin 41 years old in 2037; :dissapointed:

We will see; just my theory :glasses:

May be will be the same actor por age up

*tries to resist and wait for subs...succumbs 2 seconds later* Omo that one clip got me SHOOK!!! Dear Drama please don't pull a 'Signal' on me. Don't break my heat again with these two timelines come together death, please to again. I need Woo Jin to be alive and I need the brothers reunited in the end. Please, please. Yeo Jin Goo is an amazing actor (the desperation) cause he got me sitting here near crying and it was just a chase and reaching out. Reunite these brothers or this will be me drama:

theresa-table-flip-gif.gif 

Argh, this show is getting awkward. Just finished the first half of Ep 5. The dramatic acting and music is sadly not on par with what was actually happening in the plot. I think the awkwardness peaked at the scene where the 3 of them stood in front of that mirror, having followed a trail of blood that ended there, and all three were just looking at the mirror in wonder as if it was really more believable that somebody disappeared into the mirror instead of the frame being just a fricking door! I mean the door of my parents' room was a mirror when I was little! And my clothes don't "disappear through a mirror" but are put inside the cupboard with a mirror in the door OMG And that door wasn't even really subtle.

Also did they want the girl to seem like she sufferend from paranoid schizophrenia? Because that's what she looked like to me. If she was just supposed to be slightly strange but generally psychologically healthy then it needs to be executed differently for the sake of God!

The wild swinging of the flashlights? I mean who swings his flashlight madly in circles when he's trying to see something in dark surroundings? Yelling like that when somebody might be in those seemingly deserted rooms? I mean even if they weren't aliens but humans they might notice ppl yelling in a normally empty building?? And probably don't mean well?

I could go on and on. No amount of acting could help that awkwardness, something must be wrong with the director.

And it frustrates me more that the alien girl's part is better executed, I could feel her fear and understand perfectly how scary it must be to having lost your memories and only have your loving father left to tell you stories from your childhood and give you a feeling of security and then realizing that it's all a lie. That's only part I liked about the first 30 mins.

Having ranted my frust I just wanted to say that my theory after watching 5.1 is that the evil professor is behind all this and that maybe in his sick humor he named his project blue bird after hearing from the alien he captured that she liked the book with that name. 

Ep 5

My thought of the episode

Part 1

Finaly hjy know she is the alien and wj and bg saw each other. Kbg know that wj was looking for him.

Part 2

Give 3 big clues 

1clue is that wj is in smart earth for now he could be chairman but he have the bluebug in his head why i saying that because prev of ep 6 he have headache so all he clue it started with the headache. 

Second clue lsy did want to erase his memory. Who is him may be he will stop the evil sundae park to erase kgb again his memory.  

3 clue you see the tecnology that hy have it big.

Also we know that the doctor have a bluebug in her in the past so that mean. Next episode will bring both world together.  

Spoiler

Sorry to said for know that the chairman is wj or their dad but i think wj i dont want big bad guy is not fair. Why i think that because the chairman doesnt want any one hurting kgb. It could be his brother.

I absolutely loved this episode. It appears the "alien" lost her memory. Knowing her "father", he wasn't trying to help her regain her memory. Now I worry about what happened to Woo Jin or is he the chairman or is he truly our detective for Brave Earth that has been given a faulty memory?  Call me crazy, but why do I think the detective is not whom he seems to be. Now we also know who the female medical student was back in 2017--she's the doctor friend in 2037.  This episode more and more made me think the Professor of 2017 is the Chairman of Smart Earth.

Really good episode.

I'll still go with the idea that YJG is still the same age by 2037. That scene where GSY was trying to prove to YJG that she isn't Byul while YJG is just so tired to argue and he just wants to find his brother. Ugh that scene when he was running after his brother. When they saw the ambulance I was so close to shouting at my laptop last night... GO RUN FOR IT!!! T_T Huhuhuh please please save these twins already...

Crack theory: What if Woojin and Bumgyun aren't really twins? What if Woojin is the same kind as HJY? :D

BTW it was so adorable that Woojin's first love is Byul~ I saw a funny comment that Woojin's first love turns out to be an alien xD

So it's been subbed wrongly again that the Doctor is Inyoung? Her name is really Minyoung? So she got the bug experiment as well? I haven't watched with subs yet.. But is that why she is dead set that it was murders instead of suicides?

Ratings went down to 1.7%

Well, that's unfortunate. I was hoping Ep 4 would actually bring in more viewers, but I guess not. 

Factors to consider for the low ratings:

• Story is too confusing for some viewers
  • It airs really late at night: 10:50PM KST - it airs after the rest of the Mon-Tues dramas.So while it doesn't need to compete with those dramas, it's still really late and it's not exactly a relaxing feel-good drama.

What I'm happy about though is that the feedback for those who watch the show is really great! People commenting on naver (both news articles and the talk page) really do enjoy the story, the pace and the acting! 

I think the new girl is suppose to come off as unhinged and manic in her claims (same as Bum Gyeon) so the people and us audience are left in wonderment if we should believe her or not because "is she telling the truth/onto something? Or has she lost her ever loving mind?" I mean these two are talking aliens and them taking over college students and causing them to commit suicide. No matter how calm or rational they speak, people will doubt and brush them off as crazy (I mean it's aliens!?!?!!). 

I think more doubt, wonderment and mocking dismissal would happen if they were ration and scientific with facts and such. I mean look at how many people respond to the show 'Ancient Aliens' on the History Channel and the many doctors, scientist, etc that come on to argue their cases. 

I view Bum Gyeon and new girl as the agent Mulder to Woo Jin and Byul/Jung Yeon's agent Scully. The two will always come off as obsessed, not all there, and conspiracy theorist, we doubt them, in comparison no matter if they really were/are onto something. I honestly enjoy that ying and yang and feel in a weird way, they balance each other and the show. Also by 2037 these traits seem to have melo-ed somewhat (not really because it seems that obsessive caution the wind characteristics has now turned to 'mission find brother' :tongue:).

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

• It airs really late at night: 10:50PM KST - it airs after the rest of the Mon-Tues dramas.So while it doesn't need to compete with those dramas, it's still really late and it's not exactly a relaxing feel-good drama.

I'm sorry for cutting your post. Actually this drama will fight against Super Family - SBS sitcom air from 11:10 (rating about 4-5%) on Monday days.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Circle" Episode 5

photo855372.jpg

The ghost of the past roam the future as it is time for many identities to be revealed. In 2017, Jeong-yeon and Woo-jin have a fallout over the past she is afraid to face. The old asylum gets many visitors in search of clues, including Detective Hong. In 2037, Joon-hyeok meets his Bluebird and discovers that he is being watched. The big question now is whether Woo-jin is still alive and whether that is a good thing.

I am glad that some identities are sorted and some motivations are established. Park Min-yeong (Jung In-sun) being Dr. Park (Kim Sa-hee) became clear when Joon-hyeok's (Kim Kang-woo) identity came to light and the forever salty Lee Hyeon-seok (Shin Ju-hwan/Min Seong-wook) has not changed much. Jeong-yeon's past and the source of her humanity are still unknown, but we know that humanity defines her and her choices.

Detective Hong, Woo-jin and Min-yeong looking for Beom-gyoonJeong-yeon struggling with her new information

There is an interesting parallel between the twins, Jeong-yeon (Gong Seung-yeon) and Ho-soo (Lee Gi-kwang). Woo-jin (Yeo Jin-goo) spent so long rejecting the truth and Beom-gyoon (An Woo-yeon) looking for it. Now Jeong-yeon wants to give people back their lives while Ho-soo wants them to remain trapped in a superficially pleasant, sterilized, cold lie. I know the series wants us to fear that the Chairman may be Woo-jin, but a lot does not fit and so I am pretty sure this is not the case.

That being said, Woo-jin has to be somewhere and if Jeong-yeon is not lying or unsure herself, he has to be alive. We have not really met a lot of characters of Joon-hyeok's age, so where is his little brother hiding? More importantly, where does Mayor Yoon (Nam Myung-ryul) fit into things? Will we see him in the past and learn how he and little Dong-soo (Jeong Joon-won) became connected to Joon-hyeok? I know not everyone has to be connected, but Korean drama loves this trope and the creators of "Circle" seem to share that sentiment.

Spoiler

Mayor Yoon meeting with now-minister ParkProof that Woo-jin lived after 2017

There are things I am still curious about when it comes to the world building here. What happened between the two timelines? Why are local places called Smart Earth and Normal Earth? Where is the rest of the world in this and how could a corporation mass-erase memories without people knowing? I would think building an artificial island with kidnapped amnesiacs would draw some local and global attention.

I know we will probably not get answers to these questions. We can just assume that countries cut all contact with one another or that the island is a test observed by major countries who want the technology to control citizens. I still wish the series would throw us a bone, however. "Circle" being a highly enjoyable science fiction work makes me greedy and I consider that greed a sign of success for a story.

cr:: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-circle-episode-5-106671.html

Also I think, the reason why Minyoung and Bumgyun appears to be too obsessive is that they are just so desperate for people to believe in them. I'm glad the moment Bumgyun and Minyoung found one another they decided to immediately trust each other, and it's because they knew where the other comes from. They both have great empathy for the other which is something both characters needed so badly. It was a critical situation and yet nobody would believe them. People ended up mocking Minyoung for her belief and it obviously wasn't the first time she stood up for what she thinks is right - people ended up taking pics of her not because they wanted to take her seriously but to laugh at her, which I think is what brought up her paranoia in the first place.

@quockhanh45 Oh I see~ thanks :)

I don't ship Woo Jin with Byul at all, maybe it's just me. It's not the inter-species issue...her being an alien and him being a kid (also You Who Came from the Stars did that already).  But I'm more creeped out by the fact that Byul has known him since he was a child, and she eloped with his dad, and we still haven't even found out what she did with his dad. Talk about some Oedipus issues. I actually don't think this drama need any romance added to it, but I get that they want to include that to soften the story up.

If there's going to be romance, I can see present day Bum Gum and Min Young being a good pair. They've been through a lot together, and it seems like she's saved him quite a few times. What doesn't add up is how come if the 'Sherlock' detective and Min Young knew his real identity, why haven't they told him anything about his past? Is it just poor editing or did I missed that part completely? 

I saw quite a few comments in DB saying that they're not into sci-fi so they're not going to keep watching. It's kind of interesting how Kdrama viewers don't care for this genre, even if it was very well written and executed. I personally think Joseon X-Files and Circle were better than ten popular rom-coms, melo-roms put together. The closest sci-fi ever hitting critical success was Signal, and even that is more of a fantasy-mystery thriller than a true sci-fi. It's a shame, because I think they can be really well done, and would be very successful in the US as Netflix or HBO series. I hope more and more cable channels will green light these types of stories - the ones that really makes you think. I don't think Kdrama viewers are lazy at all, at least the ones that I've encounter on Soompi forums are quite preceptive and astute in their weekly insights, I think that it's more of a matter of exposure. There simply aren't that many different genres of Kdrama out there. Even the ones that attempt to be something other than romance, there's always a romance element woven into the story. The ones that don't have a strong central romance tend to fail, but I don't think it's weak story telling at all, but that Kdrama viewers are conditioned to expect romance in any type of story.

@fourleafclover It's actually a bit confusing for me. I really am enjoying the budding chemistry between Jungyeon and Woojin, but her being Byul does change the dynamics in their relationship in a more complicated way. But still, I think what Woojin had was just a harmless first love/crush for Byul, it's not like Byul reciprocated it or anything. And I don't think Byul eloped with the Dad, there has got to be more than just that. I believe the Dad wanted to help Byul out or something to do with research perhaps, and uncontrollable things happened and he just never got to return back to his kids. He never came across to me as the kind of dad who would just run away with a woman and abandon his kids, well as far as his characterization goes from what I have seen of him.

I've been reading the comments on this article http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003102865&gid=999339&cid=1063623

Netizens are saying how it's always the same old love story - Cinderella tropes, dramas about dating, jealousy, break up, sageuk, etc - and that Circle is really refreshing to watch for once. And that it's a pity the ratings aren't so high. It's really saddening about the ratings, but at least most of the people who watch it are truly enjoying this show.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I absolutely loved this episode. It appears the "alien" lost her memory. Knowing her "father", he wasn't trying to help her regain her memory. Now I worry about what happened to Woo Jin or is he the chairman or is he truly our detective for Brave Earth that has been given a faulty memory?  Call me crazy, but why do I think the detective is not whom he seems to be. Now we also know who the female medical student was back in 2017--she's the doctor friend in 2037.  This episode more and more made me think the Professor of 2017 is the Chairman of Smart Earth.

Really good episode.

Ep5 reveals a lot things but also have more mysterious things we have to find out. Can't wait EP678910......

[SPOILERS] CIRCLE EP05

Spoiler

2017060701000455400031271_20170606074216

circle.png

Naver - Sports Chosun: 'Circle' Gong Seung Yeon = Alien = BlueBird, 3 strikes reversal

1. [+931, -22] This is a new genre that is not similar to Cinderella's drama...It's a good first try! Cheering for Circle~~!!

2. [+679, -15] Wa Kim Kang Woo and Yeo Jin Goo are so good at acting

3. [+553, -22] Wa...I'm too nervous because there is always a reverse...

4. [+486, -17] Gong Seung Yeon's image totally changed after changing her make-up

5. [+308, -7] Han Jung Yeon is an alien, so is the professor Han studying about aliens?

6. [+106, -3] It's not a typical story about dating, jealousy, breakup and reunion. This genre is very fun. Make more of it

7. [+106, -7] I always watched only boring romance dramas, It feels good to watch an intense drama!

8. [+81, -1] I'm getting bored with the Cinderella concept, they should make more dramas with this genre

9. [+69, -1] Yeo Jin Goo is really good at acting

10. [+75, -4] Why Gong Seung Yoo is this pretty? She is something you can't create artificially

Spoiler

0002771330_001_20170606002137587.jpg

circle.png

Naver - News1: 'Circle' BlueBird in 2037 is Gong Seung Yeon...She met with Kim Kang Woo

1. [+813, -21] Wa ㅋㅋㅋㅋ This drama is really getting more and more exciting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+634, -33] We are already in episode 5 but there is still some reversal and the story is not clear yet..ㅋ I'm so impatient but seriously the acting is not childish...Anyways, it's really fun ㅋ

3. [+453, -21] Today was also an explosion of anxiety

4. [+394, -11] Wa I'm so immersed with the acting but there is still more to reveal

5. [+338, -9] When it gets intense it ends. Wa

6. [+119, -3] So far, this is the most well-made drama in Korea with this genre. So exciting...If this drama succeeds, we will be trying more new things

7. [+110, -2] I wish everyone watch it ㅠㅠ The scenario is very good and there is no acting holes

8. [+108, -3] It's really fun, I hope the rating goes up

9. [+108, -5] Where did Yeo Jin Goo really disappear?

10. [+83, -2] Is the air time shortened? ㅜ Why did it end this fast?

cre: http://netizendrama.blogspot.com/2017/06/spoilers-circle-ep05-rating.html

Pt2xo30.png

Circle is ranking on real time search on naver atm :D And it's currently the only drama-related search I think? I'm hoping for good word of mouth~ 

EDIT: Ah... it's because people are currently watching the replay lol

6 hours ago, craptelly said:

I'll still go with the idea that YJG is still the same age by 2037. That scene where GSY was trying to prove to YJG that she isn't Byul while YJG is just so tired to argue and he just wants to find his brother. Ugh that scene when he was running after his brother. When they saw the ambulance I was so close to shouting at my laptop last night... GO RUN FOR IT!!! T_T Huhuhuh please please save these twins already...

Crack theory: What if Woojin and Bumgyun aren't really twins? What if Woojin is the same kind as HJY? :D

BTW it was so adorable that Woojin's first love is Byul~ I saw a funny comment that Woojin's first love turns out to be an alien xD

So it's been subbed wrongly again that the Doctor is Inyoung? Her name is really Minyoung? So she got the bug experiment as well? I haven't watched with subs yet.. But is that why she is dead set that it was murders instead of suicides?

Me forgot this the pboto of the profesor and hyj is the profesor and i think he is twin Dad

Archived