Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

Se Jong is so awkward and nervous yesterday.. LOLOL.. He is getting chubby too... Boy just enjoy your vacation.. Congratulations.. Most Deserving Award really... :blush:

@mademoisellesia Yes no to erotic movies.. I just can't imagine.. my mind will shrink.. HAHA..although it will be nice for collection purposes.. but still no.. not that early.. What are we going to do..  most Korean movies are all about violence? I think he'll match a role like the one that Ansel Elgort did in 'Baby Driver'- his recommended movie. He is pretty comedic in Saimdang but I think he still kinda green there.. Only watched up to Episode 3 though.. I'm not a fan of the story and the aesthetic of that drama. 

The video is something about his scores.. Not sure if its a score for the Entrance Exam in KNUA.. It also contains how grateful he is to enter the school. I think he really love his Alma Mater.. I read a pann post saying he already served.. 

He really is tanned. Saw it again in SBS Drama Awards yesterday, how pretty tan he is. Also, boy is getting chubby.. HAHA.. Not complaining though.. He worked hard this year.. He can eat everything he wants now.. :grimace:

Spoiler

About erotic movies.. Have anyone of you watched that movie where Kang Haneul had a s*x scene? HAHA.. Still can't forget that one.. Also, I recently watched this movie with Jo Bo Ah and Jang Hyuk..Also with s*x scene.. Ohhmmn.. Even Han Suk Kyu has done it.. LOLOL.. Oops I hope, everyone's an adult here already... Sorry..  :tongue:

@aisling It's OK.. No age limit to fangirl.. It's really my first time to be charmed by a Korean actor too.. I think it's because he is really effective on screen.. I usually stan actress but these days I don't have any Korean actress in their 20s that I'm a great fan of.. 

It's common in Korean men to date younger women even with a big age gap.. I think the women to younger men relationship is slowly being a trend too.. Drama stories also attack this kind of relationship.. For me, in real life, as long as both parties understand each other and connects it's OK.. 

@goodsoup I know right...? I need him to do some serious genre again.. I hope he meets a better writer... HAHA.. I LOLED coz I remember the angle is quite weird.. His chest looks big in the shower.. And he was breathing so hard.. LOLOL.. It's quite cringe rather than hot.. For Yang Se Jong shower scene please refer to the 'Duel' one.. HOHO.. :grimace:

Expecting him too in Baeksang.. I must say.. I trust Baeksang more than any other award shows for Korean television.. I hope gets a nomination.. :heart:

• Like 2

@neehr He seems to have gained more weight since we last saw him. He has lost his lovely jawline. But I'm sure he'll lose it again once he has a project confirmed.

Even Baby Driver is violent at the near end, don't you think? All those shooting is overkill. Most gangster related Korean movies are violent. LJS recently did V.I.P. That was pretty gory too with a couple of disturbing scenes coz he's a psycho. I didn't appreciate the movie. Non-gangster genre such as Age of Shadows have gory parts too, e.g. pulling a toe off coz it was shot. Ew.

Saimdang is difficult to digest, if I wasn't impressed with his performance in episode 4, I probably wouldn't continue. Even so, I find something to do if the scenes are boring. LOL. 

Spoiler

:o:o:o  Jo Bo Ah did what?!!! OMG, I didn't know. All the ones you have named I haven't seen. I don't think I want to either. I've only seen the following:

Obsessed - Song Seung Heon and Lim Ji Yeon

Gangnam Blues - 2 scenes, Kim Rae Won & another actor. Both literally thrusting very hard against the women :vicx: :crazy:

Real - Kim Soo Hyun with Sulli and Han Ji Eun (I think that's the actress)

A Man and A Woman - Gong Yoo and Jeon Do Yeon

Apart from Gong Yoo's being shot in a more artistic & beautiful way that I could appreciate, all others are traumatising to see. Took me awhile to accept & forget SSH's. I read Lim Ji Yeon had another erotic ones in The Treacherous. It was difficult to watch her in normal dramas after that coz the memory of her X scenes would flash across the mind. I was also pretty shocked that Jo In Sung and Song Ji Hyo had one in a movie many years ago. I knew Ji Hyo from Running Man, so I couldn't imagine her doing erotic! :o  These movies are not for the faint hearts. 

• Like 1

Lol what’s up with young actors shooting shocking sex scenes before enlistment? I only watch kdramas so I’ve successfully avoided above mentioned movies. Our cutie has plenty of time before doing movies like that.

Also can someone explain to me how Korean dramas and movies can be so different in terms of showing intimate scenes?

Like in dramas characters tend to be very innocent, they act like they’ve never been kissed and overall there’s rarely a bed scene and even if there is, it’s very tame. Whereas Korean movies are all about violence and there’s plenty of graphic nude scenes too.

@aisling I'm no expert but I'll try.

If you notice, the dramas from the Free On Air broadcast stations (MBC, SBS and KBS) have age limitation of 15+ and other rules to follow about what can and cannot be shown under the Korean Communications Committee. Some of these rules include blurring out of sharp weapons, cars' brand, obscenity, no smoking etc. Cable TV such as tvN, jtBC and OCN are commercial paid TV networks, so they are allowed with less censorships. For movies, much like any other countries it is rated by G, PG12, PG15, PG-18, Restricted so they are also allowed to be have more freedom in expressions. For those erotic movies we've discussed above, most are rated as Restricted.

15 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@YoonShiYoonFan Last year's Baeksang nominees were Kim Min Suk (won), Kim Min Jae, Jin Young, Jisoo, Gong Myung. Woo Do Hwan was nominated for Best New Actor in movie. So he can still go into the run for Best New Actor in drama. I think he and Se Jong are the strongest and going head-to-head by the rave reviews/reports about them. If Se Jong is nominated for Duel, I kind of don't think any others can win against him, but if it's TOL then that's another story. Oh, another opponent is Jung Hae In, he's been getting the buzz after WYWS, and if he does really well in Prison Playbook then chances are high for him too.

Thanks. I desperately want him to win Best New Actor in Baeksang. I hope his agency do the right thing and campaign him nomination for 'Duel'. Baeksang is more objective compared to the networks awards show as it does not look necessarily for the ratings. I also hope they won't forget 'Duel' knowing it was released earlier in the cutoff of 2017 eligibilities.

• Like 1

@YoonShiYoonFan BTW, I realise actor Lee Kyu Hyung (Secret Forest, Prison Playbook) may also go in the run for New Actor if he's never been nominated before. There's very little info about him in English. He did more movies, theater & musicals but dramas his first was a cameo in Goblin then SF and PP. He'd make a strong opponent against Se Jong in my opinion.

Yeah, Baeksang is a much more prestige award to take home than SBS's. I'd love for Duel to receive a proper recognition too. We should also be prepared since Baeksang can also be like the Big 3. I still remember 2016 Baeksang where there were really good shows such as Signal and Reply 88, but the Daesang went to DotS. 2017 Baeksang's nominees were questionable for certain parts of the movie and drama sections too where certain nominees had very little part in the show & not exactly a breakthrough performance either, but they were in the run for an award. confused-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948995

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@YoonShiYoonFan BTW, I realise actor Lee Kyu Hyung (Secret Forest, Prison Playbook) may also go in the run for New Actor if he's never been nominated before. There's very little info about him in English. He did more movies, theater & musicals but dramas his first was a cameo in Goblin then SF and PP. He'd make a strong opponent against Se Jong in my opinion.

Yeah, Baeksang is a much more prestige award to take home than SBS's. I'd love for Duel to receive a proper recognition too. We should also be prepared since Baeksang can also be like the Big 3. I still remember 2016 Baeksang where there were really good shows such as Signal and Reply 88, but the Daesang went to DotS. 2017 Baeksang's nominees were questionable for certain parts of the movie and drama sections too where certain nominees had very little part in the show & not exactly a breakthrough performance either, but they were in the run for an award. confused-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948995

I also hope he has a successful follow up drama around May 2018 when the Baeksang happens because usually, this can help to boost the campaign of the actors even nominated in a different drama. I noticed that too that for a drama or a movie, there are multiple nominations for small performances and did not explore any other great dramas on that year. Oh well, at the end of the day, it is just an award, Se Jong giving great acting is enough I think and for us long as he is happy. 

Will you be happy, shock or can immediately accept guys if he accept these kinds of roles:

1. A shady character with a lot of sex scenes like Kim Soo Hyun in the movie "Real".

2. A very evil man like Lee Jong Suk in the movie VIP.

3. How about in a mature indie gay film like Kwak Si Yang in the film "Night Flight" which I really love by the way?

4. In a violent gangster film like Im Si Wan's "The Merciless"?

I think he will be cute in a role of a young father with a baby just like Jang Geun Suk!!! Imagine him as a poor single father carrying a baby on his back... I thought that will be cute!

• Like 1

@mademoisellesia Thanks for clarification, now it makes more sense. When I started watching kdramas all heroines were basically the same - simple candy girl working multiple jobs who’s never been kissed before. Some romance were so naive it made me actually roll my eyes. And remember those kdrama kisses, how they used to be really really awkward? They used to stand apart each other and what they called kiss was a simple peck on lips even though it was a drama about 30 something people and not a high school drama. Thank god, kiss standards changed a lot in recent years. So I think in few years bed scenes will probably be more acceptable too. 

Luckily nowadays there are more versatile roles for actors, so fingers crossed he won’t be playing similar characters repeatedly.

@YoonShiYoonFan I’d be ok with either role you listed, the further from his own personality the more difficult role it’d be. It’d be interesting to watch him in proper villain role. 

Spoiler

Well, your talks about Real sex scenes àgot me curious so I searched it up. Holy cow, I was not ready for it! I don’t know how to erase it from my mind lol. I watched all KSH dramas and I still remember him in Dream High, so this was really unexpected.

• LOL 2

@YoonShiYoonFan Do you happen to know how the nomination works for Baeksang? As in who is responsible for submitting the entry e.g. the agency, the production team, director? I hope with the media buzz, he gets in the list this May since he didn't last year when co-star Kim Min Jae was nominated for RDTK. TBH, there was a small part of me that wished he didn't attend SBS Drama Awards. I wanted him embarking on his one-way ticket trip to Europe like he wanted to. On the contrary, I'm also please to experience/witness his First-Ever-Very-Nerve-Wrecking-Award-Acceptance moment. :D 

Omg your questionnaires, haha. Errr... I think my preference would be 4, 2, 3/1. I actually liked The Merciless, although I thought Siwan might be too pretty to play a gangster. I haven't seen #3 so which sex scenes are worst between Real and Night Flight? Hahahaha. I'm totally sold for Se Jong in a role with a baby! I like movies like Three Men and a Baby or Rebound. There was also a very old HK series I saw when I was really young about a guy hired as nanny for the female lead too, and he grew so attached with the baby & fell for the female lead. :wub:

@aisling I've been pretty lucky, by the time I picked up kdramas, they weren't kissing like you've described. That sounds like what Jdramas are still doing now! I hated it. But it's true that these couple of years, the kiss scenes have changed and become lenient, focusing on the visuals (visual is important!) and the feels.

Spoiler

Oh dear, why did you peek? :D  It doesn't help coz the media painted some of these actors with good boy/clean image so it becomes quite shocking when they did something this extreme for Arts. Should I console you with the info that this isn't as bad as Gangnam Blues/Gangnam 1970? :tongue:

Oooh looks like Se Jong is appearing on SBS's A Midnight TV Show tonight! He appears in 0:18 of the YouTube clip. So cute :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@YoonShiYoonFan Do you happen to know how the nomination works for Baeksang? As in who is responsible for submitting the entry e.g. the agency, the production team, director? I hope with the media buzz, he gets in the list this May since he didn't last year when co-star Kim Min Jae was nominated for RDTK. TBH, there was a small part of me that wished he didn't attend SBS Drama Awards. I wanted him embarking on his one-way ticket trip to Europe like he wanted to. On the contrary, I'm also please to experience/witness his First-Ever-Very-Nerve-Wrecking-Award-Acceptance moment. :D 

Omg your questionnaires, haha. Errr... I think my preference would be 4, 2, 3/1. I actually liked The Merciless, although I thought Siwan might be too pretty to play a gangster. I haven't seen #3 so which sex scenes are worst between Real and Night Flight? Hahahaha. I'm totally sold for Se Jong in a role with a baby! I like movies like Three Men and a Baby or Rebound. There was also a very old HK series I saw when I was really young about a guy hired as nanny for the female lead too, and he grew so attached with the baby & fell for the female lead. :wub:

I don't know the mechanics but it has been mentioned several times that Baeksang is like the Golden Globes of Korea. Based on that, buzz is really important and also the recommendations by peers in the industry. In the Golden Globes, Press and Industry are the voters so I assume similar with this one. That is why I thought it will be helpful if he has an ongoing popular drama when this takes place on May because the memories of the juries will be refreshed with how good he is in Duel...

Haha, sex scenes in 'Real' is pretty bad. In Night Flight, there is none but there is one kissing scene. He might be too pretty as well as a gangster but his darker than the usual korean complexion might suite him. I wanna see him with Lee Jong Suk like role in VIP, a rapist and a murderer lol!

I am thinking of a different plot when I want him to be a young father. I want it to be a bit sad like his rich father disowned him because of being secretly marrying a poor girl and making her pregnant at 20 y/o. But upon giving birth, she died and left him with the baby with no job or still not finished at school. Story is like amending with tough and difficult father and finding a new love (after living in poverty for 5 years with a young kid and he showed up to his rich family for some reason) who will accept him along with his child. Haha, sorry for the details. I used to be a play writer in school when I was younger so I tend to give specific details like this when I think of my favorite actors. It sounds like makjang lol!

• Like 2

@YoonShiYoonFan

You have a point. By May if the media forgot about him or the buzz of other actors overshadowed him, then it'll be forgotten. The news from today did say he is actively looking at the next project & he'll have endorsements, maybe that would help. Fingers crossed he gets nominated for Duel.

Ok phew. Then my preference is officially 4, 2, 3, 1. I am not ready for nudity & sex scenes from him. Se Jong gives out the vibe as someone who appreciates indie films, so I half expect him to pick such projects in future, but please not be as weird as Real. I don't mind him playing a psycho, but I want a character with backstory and interesting motif behind his modus operandi, like the KBS drama, Hello Monster. I want him to play a layered psycho, not just one that kills for enjoyment or pure mental illness. The one reason I didn't enjoy VIP as much is because Jong Suk's psycho character is like the latter description I mentioned above. :mellow:  I can't empathize with his character.

Your young father plot is executable too, but I'd prefer less melo, more rom-com or dark comedy like Prison Playbook/Reply style. :D

• Like 1

[Endorsement] 2018.01.02 Harper's Bazaar x Samsonite Red

NkEPXoP.jpg

Se Jong really has many faces. Now he looks like a boy going on a trip, looking all excited. As expected, his next endorsement contract is Samsonite Red (even though it was already quite obvious by end of episode 34 of TOL and in this photoshoot).

Spoiler

vfVGcOy.jpg
usFnH8p.jpg
vxpCzk5.jpg

Full magazine photoshoot at Harper's Bazaar

source: Fashion Seoul

• Like 2

@mademoisellesia Yes the lovely jawline.. I now understand why he had to diet so badly when doing a drama.. The fats seems to go in his face a lot. 

Ooohh I totally forgot about the last parts of Baby Driver.. Yes, it's also bloody indeed.. The charm of that movie was the soundtrack and the way it was shot.. It was a nice movie. The director was just brilliant. Oohh Age of Shadows, I stopped looking at the torture scenes in that movie. 

Oohh so he's endorsing Samsonite Red now.. I thought he was just reusing the black bag he used in TOL during his flight to Germany.. Wow, his endorsements are getting big.. Samsonite Red bags are kinda expensive.. :grimace:

Spoiler

Yes, Bo Ah did a sex scene with Jang Hyuk.. It was not that explicit but you could see some b***st and as*. I was shocked. 

Wow, I can't believe I've almost seen everything you've mentioned.. HAHA.. 

Gong Yoo's body in that movie is just wow..

Song Ji Hyo and Jo In Sung was also shocking, yes. These actors are somewhat commendable for being professionals after doing those.. These two met again when Jo In Sung visited Running Man once.. Imagine the awkwardness..

That is what the effect though as a viewer. I just cannot see them the same as before. The innocence is gone. I mean, of course it doesn't matter as they are adults already. But sometimes, when they take roles as a cheerful, plain or innocent character, I just couldn't connect.. HAHA.. :grimace:

Have anyone here seen the Japanese drama Boku no Ita Jikan starring Haruma Miura? It was about a man who found out he had ALS.. It was very emotional.. I think it will be nice to see Se Jong doing something emotional and heart breaking yet again.. He was so good in that phone crying scene in TOL...

For a light hearted plot, I like that idea of Se Jong and a baby.. That will be cute.. :blush:

I think, other kind of movies that would suit him is something like Bleak Night starring Lee Je hoon.. 

• Like 1

@neehr Fats on face - he and I share the same fate regarding this crying-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948996

Yes Baby Driver has unique camera takes which is refreshing, but I couldn't get the same feeling Se Jong described about how the emotions from the character was brought out with the way it was shot. Epic fail in appreciating the same movie like he does, lol.

Spoiler

Errr... I think I'll pass on the movie, LOL. I'm not a huge fan of JH or JBA either so it's ok. Gong Yoo's body was thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949014

I've heard of Boku no Ita Jikan. I was going to try it but chicken out in the end. Many years ago I saw a TV movie by Nikishido Ryo called Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide. Bawled my eyes out. Too sad. Not to mention he's also got one really sad ones under his belt named, One Liter of Tears. I stayed 1000 feet away from it knowing fully it's too melo.

Sounds like you've watched a lot of Korean movies. I've only branched out to movies around late 2016-2017 but I've put lots on hold lately. Lee Je Hoon's, I have 2 of his new ones to watch. They like to do stories based on fighting the Japanese, or like The Taxi where citizens fight against the govt in the 80s. Very heavy topics. It'd be nice if they could do fantasy movies like they do for dramas. I'm definitely all in on @YoonShiYoonFan's idea of father & a baby (girl?) plotline :D  Imagining him all flustered changing nappies behind the scenes already guaranteed entertaining hahahahahaha.

-- Thoughts --

Being the new spokeperson for Samsonite Red seems big now that I think deeper. In 2013-14 Kim Soo Hyun was the model, then Lee Min Ho in 2015. I lost track after but I checked just now & it was Kim Woo Bin in 2016 and Lee Jong Suk in 2017. So for Se Jong to score Samsonite Red is pretty big deal based on the previous models. This means Samsonite thinks his 'sales potential' is as strong as those 4 to entrust the brand to him for maybe the rest of 2018 (usually contract is a year). They sure got him wayyyy cheaper though since his star power/popularity can't be compared to those 4. I've never own a Samsonite luggage, I stole my current one from dad (other brand). Edit: But I wish Good People would allow him to remain humble & let him focus on what he loved most i.e. acting, not becoming a Hallyu actor which only does CFs and FMs.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 2:24 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Likewise, I'm not ready to see him naked or doing erotic movies.

ello, ello!! Speak for yourself! This noona is ready for him to be all Real :w00t::D

(Kidding. Our boy is too innocent to do those kinds of scenes yet)

On 12/31/2017 at 2:24 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Has he served the military? This is news to me, if he indeed has, that's awesome.

That is news to me too!

I like the Single Daddy concept that @YoonShiYoonFan talked about. I would really love to see him in a similar role.

Spoiler

Waah, all this talk about Real. Kim Soo-hyun is our namja from the stars, right?? Omo, can't imagine him in a scene like that.:w00t: Not that it is going to stop me from checking the movie out. According to Wikipedia some critic said that the film's plot was non-existent, but then hey, who is watching it for the plot.  #notme.

I was really hoping to turn a new leaf this year, ah well... there's always next year. :ph34r:

• LOL 4

@ode2kdramas LOL I just can’t. Your posts are always so hilarious I can’t even  :lol: :lol:

Well to be completely honest I am a liiiitle bit curious about his... ehm healthy physique :glasses: On the other hand I do think he’s too young and innocent for that kind of movie. He should wait at least till 30 haha.

Spoiler

I only saw THAT scene, not a whole Real movie, and I’m still shook. I never thought he would shoot something like that.

Single young father with little daughter would be too good role to be true. He’d crush our hearts with such role. With his talent he could become anybody! As @mademoisellesia said he can play psycho character again, but with some background story so we could understand his motives and situation. Like Jung Hoon in Duel, we could never hate him because of his sad past.

I’m still giggling over his “hamster “ cheeks from SBS awards. Aigoo:wub:, so cute !

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

@ode2kdramas LOL I just can’t. Your posts are always so hilarious I can’t even  :lol: :lol:

Well to be completely honest I am a liiiitle bit curious about his... ehm healthy physique :glasses: On the other hand I do think he’s too young and innocent for that kind of movie. He should wait at least till 30 haha.

Hide contents

I only saw THAT scene, not a whole Real movie, and I’m still shook. I never thought he would shoot something like that.

Single young father with little daughter would be too good role to be true. He’d crush our hearts with such role. With his talent he could become anybody! As @mademoisellesia said he can play psycho character again, but with some background story so we could understand his motives and situation. Like Jung Hoon in Duel, we could never hate him because of his sad past.

I’m still giggling over his “hamster “ cheeks from SBS awards. Aigoo:wub:, so cute !

Imagine Sejong forced to accept some low paying part time job (like a store clerk) with his baby on his back because he can't leave her behind to someone and he has issues with his rich parents and cutoff ties with him. That will be cute and quite sad too but something I wanna see him doing someday!

• Like 2