Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

@ode2kdramas You don't have to worry about notifications. I only got one so I'm guessing it's limited to 1 notif per post. Did you happen to watch 20th Century Boys & Girls too? Han Ye Seol said the same thing about her idol Anthony—as his fan, she doesn't want her Oppa married until he's 90. LOL. But I thought I'll be nice and say late 30s because being a parent at age 40 is sad since that reduces their chances of seeing their kids married & meet the grandchildren (if it matters to them). My dad was talking about he might not see me in another 10 years, so depressing, while this boy is already talking about death at age 25. *facepalm* Maybe that's why he thinks he'd marry straight away if he finds true love. With his work style, he'll need a very independent girl who doesn't need his attention and TLC all the time.

Oh the Chris Christy ones, lol. I don't like that pink sweater but I didn't mind the grey cardigan-like attire. I agree Chris Christy's winter theme is pretty dull, although he wore a red coat to the airport! You should ask Na PD to kidnap him to a tropical country, then you'll probably see more than just tees and shorts! :tongue:

Good point on the precision of 26 mins, lol. Maybe he is unsure over/under 26 mins it'll be tasty.

Now, for Duel, I can't make such a huge lie. You might kill me. Plus it wouldn't be convincing coz didn't you already peek at the ending? I also thought Se Jong's good acting & charm will be able to ensure the completion of the drama, lol. Now you've made me wonder if you ever finished TOL. Now. Be honest. Hahaha :D  Did you enjoy Duel though, or it isn't your cuppa? I promise I won't hurt you, I'm open enough for this. Hahahaha.

What do you think of the photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar? Doesn't the brown jacket reminds you of Top Gun? Adds a pair of sunnies and bike, he'll be Maverick. I like the maturity of this photoshoot. It's like I'm seeing another face of him for some of the shots. 

• Like 2

OKAY! Noona dropping by to wish baby a very HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

G8buorY.png

Im cr: sejong_kr

Se Jong ~aa... Sending you all the good thoughts that I can. Thank you for being a good actor, a kind soul, a sincere person and last but not the least a pretty face :tongue:  for this noona to spazz over. Talking about spazzing, how adorable is his smile in this picture? It is not just the lips, the eyes are smiling along too. 

• Like 3

@mademoisellesia

Singapore fan meet? So he is doing his first fan meeting outside Korea?  So close for you! Waah, you will be breathing the same air as he is! How exciting! I wonder what he will do in his fan meets - he doesn't really sing or play an instrument or dance, does he? Or maybe he does sing. Coz all Korean celebrities that I have come across can sing. Something in the South Korean water l swear.  I mean where are all my fellow tone-deaf Korean brothers and sisters???

I haven't seen 20th Century Boys and Girls yet, but Han Ye Seol sounds like my kind of girl :tongue: 

And yes, Se Jong aa when you find your true love, hold on to her, marry her. I too agree that he needs an independent, has-her-own-mind-but-still-is-kind type of girl. 

My dad was talking about he might not see me in another 10 years, so depressing,

Omo, why is that? Does he have health concerns? Or just age?

You should ask Na PD to kidnap him to a tropical country, then you'll probably see more than just tees and shorts! 

Ha ha. But I don't think our boy is variety material at all. But hey who knows , send him on a trip with some extroverted, funny colleagues of his (those who are close to him) and then he might surprise us with a totally new side of his personality.

Also... the shorts. Don't forget the shorts. :ph34r:

About TOL - Yaaaaaaa (whining) .....Remember, I was watching the final episodes LIVE with you alls??!!  But yes it is true that I didn't watch it again with subs. As they say in Korea - injeong. (I admit that.) ha ha

Duel - Honestly, I did enjoy Duel when I started. There's no denying that. It was intense and quick paced. I still have no particular issues with it other than perhaps the  lack of skinship (lol, that's the late night pervy side of me talking). For all I know I might be in the mood one day and go Let me finish those pending episodes of Duel today and  then wam bam pam!

I agree about Harpers Bazaar photoshoot - that is the best out of all his photo shoots. And what you said is true - in some shots he looks like a different person.

Pardon my ignorance I had to Google what Top Gun was. I kept thinking to myself -Maybe it's a Hollywood celebrity or a singer, or perhaps some Korean boy band. Lol, turns out it is a Tom Cruise movie. 

See-No-Evil Monkey on Samsung Experience 8.5 (Galaxy Note S8)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

[Fan Pics] 2017.12.23 Happy Se Jong Day!

WEGAYQm.jpg

source: yangsejongbar

Spoiler

bMMNehH.jpgQiv12qO.jpg3DYJjf3.jpg

source: Blessing Bell (Do NOT edit images or crop logo)

@ode2kdramas Haha I was Zzz by the time everyone flooded the SNS of birthday wishes for him. Wonder what he's doing last night and tonight...? Probably getting drunk on Chimaek or red wines.

He said he doesn't sing during V Live for TOL so it'll be a mystery until then. It'd be difficult to believe these new age youngsters don't go to noraebang at all while growing up. Plus, if I remember correctly, he major in theatre and isn't part of the prerequite is to be able to act and sing for these sort of stuff?

Dad - It's aging talk.

YOF / variety - From the interview, he did give off the 'he's not interested in variety shows' vibe. Hehe. I don't mind YOF or 3 Meals a Day, but not those that make a fool of themselves. I can't picture him in those.

TOL finale - I probably weren't in the thread at the time of airing. In order for me to catch everything, I pay full attention when watching live & I think I went straight to bed after it ended. TOL made me into a zombie & accumulated so much sleep debts.

Duel - Hmm, just how many more episodes to go for you? There's a reason why romance is not part of the package, apart from the show didn't need it, lol.

Two more days to X'mas, do you celebrate it or is doing anything?

• Like 3

Just popping in to wish SJ a happy birthday. Thanks for bringing a wonderful and memorable Chefunim OJS. I wish him happiness and staying true to himself and continue to be the honest and cute guy he is now. Just take it from IG, thought it was good.

• Like 3

@mademoisellesia I agree that Duel didn’t need romance but it honestly bothered me that I felt sparks between Sung Joon and Mi Rae in early episodes. And maybe they really did feel something growing between them but their romantic relationship became impossible. 

@ode2kdramas Yes, I remember now,  we were rooting for the main couple to get back together while others were having second lead syndrome haha. GBS will remain as one of my most favourite dramas about family love. It was probably the only romantic drama I truly enjoyed this year.

Spoiler

I’m not really excited about any particular upcoming  show right now, but I think Pretty noona who buys me food and Are you human too sounds pretty good. What about you?

When did you become Yang Se Yong’s fan? I must admit it’s the first time such a young actor caught my attention. I usually like actors who are older than me. But his onscreen charisma is so powerful that it makes me think of him as older than he really is.

I started RDTK because of YSJ but I enjoy the show as the whole. For a medical drama I quite like it. Is it consistently good till the end? Se Jong looks so young there and though his acting is s bit “green” there, I would never guess it’s his debut drama. He’s so handsome I’m swooning every time he appears onscreen lol. 

BTW Merry Christmas everybody!

• Like 2

@aisling I know what you mean. If the twist didn't happen then Mi Rae would be the perfect girl for his complicated existence, where he doesn't need to explain his background and she can accept him for who he is. But, I must admit I love that twist. It's too awesome of a twist to sacrifice for romance. It didn't bother me because I soon realise Mi Rae was only feeling pitiful towards Sung Joon—that's not love.

His true debut drama should be Saimdang: Light's Diary actually. Saimdang was pre-produced and he filmed this first. But due to the political issue surrounding THAAD, the show's air date was delayed. So RDTK became his debut drama. It's confusing but by right, shouldn't they go by the real sequence coz that's how it truly is showing his growth? P.S. He's even greener in Saimdang.

RDTK - it's consistently good till the end, except the final special episode. It felt like our main characters were shoved aside for Kim Hye Soo's cameo, and I didn't really feel her chemistry with Han Suk Kyu. But there are certain scenes that I do like from our Team Romantic bunch, and In Beom continues to be an awkward cutie, lol. Oh, I think around episode 20 he'll lose the 'green' and expect a really good scene from him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!

--- Duel DVD ---

If anyone is interested with Duel DVD (don't think is Director's cut), it's available for pre-order on Amazon Japan. Apparently Japan is releasing it on DVD.

More details in Duel thread → Take me there.

• Like 1

I hope Se Jong had a wonderful birthday yesterday! I love that Harper's Bazaar making video especially Part 2! So handsome! Can't help noticing that his hair stylist's name is Jung Sunyi though. :D 

On 12/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, mademoisellesia said:

Are you using tablet? I couldn't see the IG posts when I use tablet, but they are working on PC. Do you happen to catch what the girl said to Se Jong that made him laughed? I couldn't make it out coz it's too noisy :(  Dying to know what made him laugh. You can tell some fans he already knows so he acts more warmly to them.

Strangely, I can see the posts now. Dunno what happened then hahaha. No, I didn't catch what the girl said either. Yeah, I envy the fans.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, mademoisellesia said:

True, both SF 2 and Signal 2 won't happen immediately but still I want him to be a part of it. Oh you know what? If he's cameo-ing a criminal role, I want him to be the super smart kind that challenges Shi Mok. Oh my god, my heart is excited just thinking about this! Pleaseeee Drama God, make it happen. In the meantime he can do a movie or a short film (like Park Hyung Sik). I really like the concept of W, enjoyed it, but also wonder if the story would turn out better explained if it was pre-produced.

I love that idea! A super smart and handsome baddie? I know I'll have to be prepared to swoon but not root for him, and probably fail, lol. Yeah, a movie would be great but the selfish me prefer another drama so I can see him soon and for longer than two hours hahaha. I actually enjoyed the first half of W, but then it lost me. Can't really remember what went wrong, though.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:33 AM, mademoisellesia said:

Hahaha the next caption is awesome. @goodsoup I've decided, you girls can keep Jung Sun. Se Jong is all that I need based on the below. rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Big caption: Se Jong is Perfect

CNvcqdd.gif

This is just too cute I had to post it again in reply. Yeah, Se Jong is the best! :thumbsup:

Q: A favourite movie or book that can increase the temperature of love?

SJ: Titanic. Please watch Titanic (laughs).

Se Jong, I didn't enjoy Titanic the first time but maybe I'll change my mind if we watch it together and since you said you want to watch it again. Although I'm not sure if I'll be focusing on the movie or something else... :rolleyes:

Q: There are a lot of viewers' hearts flutter at Yang Se Jong's banmal.

Me included, whenever he did that to Hyun Soo in the past. In the present, it's when he calls her Hyun Soo-ya (although that scene is actually depressing) and Lee Hyun Soo prior to the car kiss. Also when he refers to her as just Hyun Soo instead of Hyun Soo-sshi to his mom.

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOLLL if I hear right, the reporter asked if he listens to/likes any Christmas carols and the boy bluntly said he doesn't listen to carols. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah and then his stutter at 1:35 is just so cute hahaha!

I'll follow his advice and spend the holidays with my loved ones. Merry Christmas everybody!! :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aisling said:

I agree that Duel didn’t need romance but it honestly bothered me that I felt sparks between Sung Joon and Mi Rae in early episodes. And maybe they really did feel something growing between them but their romantic relationship became impossible. 

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

If the twist didn't happen then Mi Rae would be the perfect girl for his complicated existence, where he doesn't need to explain his background and she can accept him for who he is. But, I must admit I love that twist. It's too awesome of a twist not to throw it in because we want romance

Ohhhhh, you both nappeun saram-deul.. Piquing my curiosity now..:ph34r:

:D

@aisling I became a Yang Se Jong fan in Romantic Doctor. That's when I first laid my eyes on that pretty face. I enjoyed his  tsundere -ish character in there. He was so stingy with his smiles. But when he did smile that one time outside Dr. Kim's office, it was like a display of a million fireworks.:wub:

n8btnkI.png

He does melo the best. A scene where Kim Sabu was scolding him for something and the way those precious eyes welled up.. Noona adopted him since then ha ha..

MINEp.jpg

How delicious is he in scrubs?

3jSejPu.jpg

He is his usual prickly Do In Bum self in this scene. But he looks so adorable even when being annoyed. If it were me standing opposite to him, after he finished his cute rant, I would pull him closer and  plant a kiss on his forehead. :blush:

(YSJ pics are from Instagram. I saved this a while ago and forgot where I took it from. If you are owner of the pic, do let me know and I  can credit.)

Spoiler

Pretty noona who buys me food .. HA HA ! I am liking the name. So it's a noona romance then? I am sucker for that genre :w00t:

It looks like a famous PD is directing it. I had a look on Asian Wiki and I am liking the actors also. Should put it on my list.

Are you human also has quite a buzz on Asian Wiki, so I am guessing the actors are quite popular ones.

I am looking forward to Yoo Yeon Sook's (a bias) next drama which is coming out sometime in 2018 - Mr. Sunshine. It's by the famous (or infamous ha ha, depending on your attitude towards her previous works :D)  writer Kim Eun Sook.

• LOL 2

@goodsoup I'm also tempted with the idea that he plays Shi Mok's sidekick prosecutor (but that roles are already taken by Han Yeo Jin and Seo Dong Jae), so I'm settling with an anti-hero prosecutor/criminal that can emphasize his acting charm. If he plays prosecutor, we'll get to see him in suits and wear his hair like this → Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2 coz apparently that's how Korean prosecutor wear their hairstyles these days. :D  He has played an artist, a historian student, doctor, clone, research scientist, psycho and a chef... so what other professions that are common in Kdrama he hasn't done? A detective, robot, lawyer/prosecutor, chaebol, prince/king, soldier/general. Hmm turns out to be a lot. If he does a movie, there's a high chance of landing a gangster role. Koreans seem to love gangster movies. I agree, I'd love him back doing a drama but I know he's itching to step foot in Chungmuro and that's a best future for him and his acting is capable of it too.

Spoiler

W — I think the plot was lost when the writer decided to reset Kang Chul. I didn't mind the short angsty actually, but the story snowball into something too big for the writer to be able to handle. Instead of finding answers of how everything work, it created more questions. She should have read more Sci-Fi / fantasy manga for ideas, sigh. Luckily the writer's ex-partner (they wrote Nine together) did better with the story for Duel. I'm still quite puzzle why not many people like Duel coz the concept was more interesting than previous dramas such as Tunnel and Voice.

Banmal — hmm, when you put it that way it does make it extra extra special and a big deal (in Korean culture). But after their simplest marriage I've seen in my life, they would be calling each other yeobo, isn't it???

Spend Christmas with loved ones — Ottokaeeee?? Isn't our loved ones now — him? :bawling:

Hahahahahahaha, don't mind me I'm being cheeky.

@ode2kdramas Go! Go! Go! Pick Duel back up!!!

You guys talking about In Beom makes me wanna go back and rewatch those scenes, lol. 

Spoiler

Pretty noona buys me food is offered to Jung Hae In, right? He's another cutie I came across since The 3 Musketeers. Hi-5, Ode Ode! :)  Are you Human Too is Seo Kang Joon playing robot (and I like the female lead after she did Circle) so I'll be checking that out too.

Hahaha, make that the infamous Kim Eun Sook. :tongue:  Even though I was fond of Goblin, she still has a truck load of other dramas I disapproved of.

• LOL 2

Seems like 2018 kdrama trend is about robots and androids. Well, Se Jong had a unique chance to play a clone, not so common in kdramas. I think he’s a bit young for a prosecutor role, it was a bit of stretch already when he played a surgeon. He’s very good at melo but I’d like to see him in action role next - a spy, a bodyguard, a vigilante, something like that. Since I don’t watch Korean movies, I hope he’ll pick drama as his next project. It’s pretty impressive he didn’t have to star in any family weekend drama since his debut. From my understanding weekend dramas are considered less prestigious and for less famous actors, right?

@ode2kdramas Oh you have to finish Duel! Wr just teased you with such a twist, you can’t let it be. The second half isn’t as engaging as the start, but it’s still a solid drama. Sung Hoon became more and more interesting with each episode. 

As I watch RDTK I can’t shake the feeling that there’s something very different about Se Jong’s face there. It’s not simply a different hairstyle, but I can’t figure it out. 

Also please tell me  Yoon Seo Jung will get less annoying because right now (ep 9) she annoys the heck of me. She whines a lot and is still unstable. I do think that’s not the right condition to stay as a doctor.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aisling said:

Oh you have to finish Duel! Wr just teased you with such a twist, you can’t let it be.

kkk... Guess what?  I finished it today. (Your and @mademoisellesia 's persistence paid off lol)  I know the twist that you both were talking about!

And I agree, I too found the first half more engaging than the second.

As I watch RDTK I can’t shake the feeling that there’s something very different about Se Jong’s face there. It’s not simply a different hairstyle, but I can’t figure it out

- Is it the weight? He has lost much weight compared to how he was at the end of last year. Lost lots of chubbiness from his face. 

I honestly prefer him in scrubs in RDTK than some of those loose, dull jackets that he kept wearing in TOL.

Spoiler

Also please tell me  Yoon Seo Jung will get less annoying because right now (ep 9) she annoys the heck of me. She whines a lot and is still unstable. I do think that’s not the right condition to stay as a doctor.

- I wasn't a fan of that character either, to be honest. 

It’s pretty impressive he didn’t have to star in any family weekend drama since his debut. From my understanding weekend dramas are considered less prestigious and for less famous actors, right?

- That's also what I think. Though weekend dramas give you a lot of experience to hone your craft and sometimes you get to work with and learn from veteran actors. But it's amazing our Se Jong ssi made it big without it. 

• Like 2

@mademoisellesia and @aisling I have been meaning to write earlier that I wanted to tell you that I have marathon Duel in 2 days and half...and I did not regret it at all. In fact I am amaze with the actors especially definately our cuties. He plays all the three roles with convinced acting and not looked as a new actor at all. His acting with Jun Jae Young are good and didn’t look awkward at all when they are together (if experienced are taken into consideration). No wonder he is called monster rookie. It suits him best. And I don’t mind at all they don’t have any romantic scenes and not kissing at all. I am very very satisfied. And I even love the Ost 1 -Nightmare.

Because of Duel I watched Mystery Queen (because it is the investigation drama) ....another drama with No kissing at all..except one flashback scene. 

Let’s hope he will take the new project soon..I don’t mind any roles as long as Yang Se Jong is there. But I want to see him in a total new role than the previous 7. Probably an arrogant chaebol? He can play an aloof and cold chaebol very effectively. 

• Like 2