Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

Sejong looks very innocent but not so innocent in real life. I love that haha. Actually, I don't care if he smokes or do something different from what we expect because he can be the ordinary person as he wants to be and he can choose whatever project he wants at the end of the day. Too much expectation and pressure to actors add up to their depression and worst case suicide, so I want him to live the way he wants himself to live. We can only cross our fingers and guess what next for him.

• Like 1

@mademoisellesia Hehe.. that gif is so cute.. He was also cute when he said he's not interested in girlgroups but then did "SHY SHY SHY".. It's the same interview right? HAHA.. I like Lee Young Sub and Sung Hoon's hairstyle.. Do In Bum- Ahmmn, No.. I agree with him looking nicer with a cleaner cut but longer sideburns.. just no to coloring.. The gif hairstyle is better than his hair as Do In Bum.. I like Exhibit A better.. :blush:

That was what I thought so. Its the ticket sales that became the problem. Honestly, the venue is a little high end for a first fanmeeting.. SG is very expensive.. and its in Resorts World too.. I don't think he can fill it up for now.. Maybe in the future.. The local unforeseen event situation was a little shady.. HAHA.. But I super hope he could cool down for a moment and just not be pressured by "the rising star" title. 

Yes, he's a foodie right? HAHA.. You could see how he was slurping the jajangmyeon during the SBS Catch BTS.. I feel sorry for these stars as they really hold back from eating when doing projects.. 

Spoiler

I've heard about that drama too.. I've checked the webtoon and the CEO character that he probably was offered is a little like Do In Bum style.. Mixture of Do In Bum with some funny moments.. The character is super OC and allergic to dirt.. The feel is a little like SWDBS.. 

There is that scene where the character was meeting a pretty woman then he saw that her ears has earwax.. LOLOL.. He also always carries febreeze..

Honestly, I'm so-so with this.. I lowkey hopes he doesn't take the role.. I don't want him to do romance for a while as I need him to play a complex role like in Duel.. But then, what are we going to do? Most Kdramas involves romance.. And people like romance so the target popularity is better than other genres.. Except for well made dramas like 'Signal' and 'Misaeng' of course..

Oohh I'm sorry to know about your losses because of smoking.. I'm happy to know that most of us are against it personally.. Its true, alcohol and smoking in Korea is really something usual.. Just look at how they openly ask someone if they could drink good on TV.. Its a culture thing.. 

You know what, this is what I thought after knowing that he smokes.. "OOHH Such a shame coz he likes perfume".. Here I am fantasizing how he must have smell so nice then BAAM.. probably Not as always.. PERFUME and SMOKING just doesn't correlate.. HAHA.. 

Ooohh.. You're like me.. This is why I miss hanging out with guy friends.. The amount of kinky stuffs that they could share to you.. It's always so funny when they open up about those things.. HAHA.. I don't mind talking pervy things with guy friends actually.. It makes me realize how different a woman and a man is.. :grimace:

@mijooliet Ooohh you should finish RDTK.. It's super good!! All of the actors are great even the patients are great in acting.. Its really well made medical series.. Please try finishing TOL.. It's not the best story out there.. You can be frustrated at times but I think its a good watch.. I personally think the love story part was presented beautifully.. Its not something like the quirky type of romance that Kdramas often do, its something that almost feel like "REAL". And you'll see a lot of Sejong too so.. Check it out.. :blush:

Who do you find the most handsome character for Se Jong? For me its in this order:

1. Sung Hoon (Duel) -he is just so hot in here

2. On Jung Seon (TOL) anyone who thinks he looks so handsome during that first scene in TOL? The one when Onsoo first met again.. When he was wearing the white chef uniform?

3. Dr. Lee Young Sub (Duel) -idk I just loved that brushed up hair.. 

4. Sung Joon (Duel) -here he looks like a puppy..

5. Do In Bum (RDTK)

6. Lee Gyeom (Saimdang)

7. His other character in Saimdang - the hair just didn't do it.. Also, he's a little skinny here and the styling and clothes are not that good.. 

• Like 2

@neehr Hahaha yes, same video. That video is the cutest I've seen of him. He has so many expressions just in that 1 min 21 seconds clip. For those who is interested, head to page 1 of this thread :) It's a must watch. :D 

Yeah it's really tough they've to control their diet during work. I recently saw a BTS of Yoo Seung Ho couldn't stop himself munching on french fries on the Robot set, it was just as cute as Se Jong slurping away the jjajiangmyun.

I agree Se Jong is more suited to black hair, or maybe just the colour In Beom wore doesn't suit him. Maybe if he change the colour to be like Exhibit A or B (darker brown or with some highlight), maybe it'd look different again... we'll just have to find out in his next project if he'll colour his hair again.

Your hairstyle's questionnaire, I'm going to break it down a little bit more to:

1. Lee Sung Hoon (Duel) - just the right volume, colour & styling

2. On Jeong Seon (TOL) - 5 years ago (especially ep 5-6)

3. Lee Sung Joon (Duel) - agree he's such a cute, innocent puppy in this hairstyle, hehehe.

4. Do In Beom (latter episodes)

5. On Jeong Seon (TOL) - 5 years later (when there's too much volume)

6. Lee Young Sub (Duel)

7. Han Sang Hyun (Saimdang - present)

8. Lee Gyeom (Saimdang - Joseon period)

9. Do In Beom (earlier episodes)

Edit: I was re-watching Duel & came across this shot of Lee Young Sub... he looks good in that pic. Why didn't they release it as a still?

Spoiler

itFltTO.jpg

In addition, I also liked the hairstyle he was sporting at the script reading session for TOL. Now I've a question for you, what about this hairstyle? I kinda liked it, except I think he needed to wash his head, coz it looks oily, LOLLLL. All in all, I prefer him with straight hair.

Spoiler

I'm getting the vibe that Koreans still prefer melodrama over rom-com/romance because right now pure romance doesn't seem to be doing very well recently. They don't mind love being part of the plot, but not a full romance. If they do, wouldn't TOL have better ratings? Although this is just my speculation, but I had a light bulb moment after watching SBS Drama Awards' opening clips on why last year's drama theme was all about law. It must be because Koreans were seeking law & justice due to what they went through with the government & corruption. So all these dramas about crime & corruptions give viewers hope that justice will prevail.

Drinking - I'm usually OK with watching people drink in dramas, but Misaeng's drinking was bothersome because it depicts people having to drink till they drop to appease the managers or grab a deal, and almost each night they return home drunk to their wives. If this truly is how Korean men at workplace go through each day/night in real life, it's really depressing.

Smoke & perfume - I didn't think so too, but there were fans' accounts that their bias smelled good when they met him. All I know is I've worked with a smoker before & even our work phone stinks, so I don't know how perfume can 'mask' the smell of cigarettes, unless the actor showered, brushed his teeth & use mouthwash & didn't smoke before he meets his fans. Or maybe that co-worker smoked the strongest type so it stinks more.

I like the description of the male character of the webtoon drama, but what exactly is the point of that story though? As in what is it trying to tell us/inspire us at the end of the day? It needs to have something that'd make Se Jong's heart beat for it and judging from his past choices, it'd definitely need to be a very attractive script with interesting dialogues. TOL had good dialogues in the beginning & that's what attracted him, as well as the perks of working with strong acting partners. Yep, I prefer he goes for complex, layered roles too coz I'm hungry for another strong performance & good storyline. Something like Prison Playbook would be nice... if you haven't seen, do check it out, I highly recommend.

@database1981

Hello. It's an official still from episode 13 where he visited Soo Yeon at the hospital. He started smiling more from episode 11 onwards.

Can you please edit your post & remove the instagram image? It is one of the forum's rules to remove image/s in a post you quote. Thank you for your cooperation.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, neehr said:

@mijooliet Ooohh you should finish RDTK.. It's super good!! All of the actors are great even the patients are great in acting.. Its really well made medical series.. Please try finishing TOL.. It's not the best story out there.. You can be frustrated at times but I think its a good watch.. I personally think the love story part was presented beautifully.. Its not something like the quirky type of romance that Kdramas often do, its something that almost feel like "REAL". And you'll see a lot of Sejong too so.. Check it out.. :blush:

@neehr I know RDTK is really good, I'm planning to finish it soon! I'll update you once I finish watching! As for ToL, I actually finished it a few days ago. I agree, the love feels realistic, Hyunsoo is very relatable. I understand their concerns, for each other and for the future. But when I was watching back then I felt a bit frustrated at the second leads, so I decided to stop watching for a while. 

On 1/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, neehr said:

Who do you find the most handsome character for Se Jong? For me its in this order:

1. Sung Hoon (Duel) -he is just so hot in here

2. On Jung Seon (TOL) anyone who thinks he looks so handsome during that first scene in TOL? The one when Onsoo first met again.. When he was wearing the white chef uniform?

3. Dr. Lee Young Sub (Duel) -idk I just loved that brushed up hair.. 

4. Sung Joon (Duel) -here he looks like a puppy..

5. Do In Bum (RDTK)

6. Lee Gyeom (Saimdang)

7. His other character in Saimdang - the hair just didn't do it.. Also, he's a little skinny here and the styling and clothes are not that good.. 

So many choices! I think he looks good in every single drama he's in. If I REALLY have to choose though, Sung Hoon ranks first! I think I pretty much have the same rank as you! 

Kyaa, my hamster cutie :wub: Candid shots are the best! He looked more relaxed and natural after the ceremony ended.

Too bad his fan meeting was cancelled, but it was probably too ambitious. I was wondering why his first fan meeting was supposed to hold in Singapore and not Korea. He has a bright future but truth is he’s still a new actor for now.

I’ve never heard of Leaders cosmetics, is it a new brand? He looks very young in white and pink while all black outfit gives him a bay boy vibe. I think we like him in all black so much because he reminds us of Sung Hoon. 

About hairstyle questionaire - Sung Hoon hairstyle was the top, I personally like his hair a bit messy and not too sleek or too styled. I also liked his hair in the first episode of ToL when it was raining and his hair was curly and messy. 

TempofLove01-02-00502a.jpg

temperature01-00013a.jpg

He made me swoon hard in this scene  :blush:

• Like 1

[News] 2018.01.09 Yang Se Jong to be a Presenter at 32nd Golden Disc Awards

0002743965_001_20180109091225699.jpg

This year’s Golden Disc Awards has revealed this year’s presenters!

A total of 22 actors will be attending to present the awards. Former costars Park Seo Joon and Hwang Jung Eum will be reuniting, and Park Hyung Sik will be presenting with Kim So Hyun.

The other presenters are Jung Ryeo Won, Song Ji Hyo, Oh Yeon Seo, Ra Mi Ran, Park Min Young, Lee Se Young, Gong Seung Yeon, Nam Ji Hyun, Shin Hye Sun, Lee Je HoonYeo Jin Goo, Kim Young Kwang, Hong Jong Hyun, Son Ho Jun, Lee Sang Yeob, Yang Se Jong, Gong Myung, and Jo Sung Ha.

The 32nd Golden Disc Awards will be held across two days this week, with the digital song division ceremony on January 10 and the album division ceremony on January 11.

Note: There is no information as to which day Se Jong will be presenting. You can catch the first day of the awards show live on V Live.

source: Link / soompi

• Like 2

[Video] 2018.01.09 182 cm DVD Part-Timer, 2018 Rookie Star Yang Se Jong! List Disclosed - No. 9

I'm not even sure what this is all about, lol, but they are listing out all the super rookies so there are also Jung Hae In, Woo Do Hwan, Seo Eun Soo (Duel) and Lee Kyu Hyung on the list.

Oh I wonder who he’s going to present with? I wouldn’t mind seeing him with Nam Ji Hyun, in fact I would love them together onscreen. She’s really lovely and one of the best actresses her age. 

And OMG, Forest of Secrets writer has a new drama! Wouldn’t it be awesome if he joined them?

[Endorsement] Leaders Cosmetics' Delicious GIFs

99F191385A54B0F313461D

@goodsoup @ode2kdramas Where are you both? I'm sure you two will ♥ these! The first one is obviously my utmost fave, haha. Too irresistable. @Jusyed Not sure if this appeals to you or you're more into Jung Sun's style, keke.

Spoiler

99EDA33F5A549B74285B48

991847385A54B0F50CC01A997A39355A549B5914486E

Se Jong was said to have filmed a Leaders Cosmetic CF with Lee Seung Gi yesterday. We'll soon see him on TV selling facial sheet masks! Now we just need a drama/movie comeback confirmation.

source: Moon9

• Like 1

[News] 2018.01.09 Yang Se Jong to hold an FM 'First Love 2018' in Taiwan

zUFOmgH.jpg

OMG, stop with the fan meeting!!! Can't do it in Singapore, so they decided to target Taiwan.  moren_yunbei_thumb.png

Yang Se Jong will hold a fan meeting "First Love 2018" in Taiwan on February 10, 7 pm at ATT Show Box, Taipei. The tickets will be available for purchase on January 20 at 10 am at the price of NT3800, NT2800 and NT1800 at KKTIX and Family Mart.

source: KKTIX / ET Today / Yahoo

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

cinggus...I miss this threads very much since I miss Yang Se Jong on screen :blush:

@mademoisellesia and @aisling and @neehr reading all your favourite drama and character it has led me to watch Misaeng. I imagine if Yang Se Jong can play such Jang Gue Rae character, he also can be as excellent as Im Siwan. And now I hope he will choose this kind of character or something like in Mystery Queen or as your all mentioned. 

Spoiler

And I can't believe I marathon it within a few days and just finished all. I got hooked from the very early in the first episode. Indeed Misaeng is a  superb drama and I can't believe that Im Siwan acted brilliantly - no wonder he won many awards due to this drama. This is my first discovery of him and he is an amazing actor.  Now I am planning to watch Signal - good right? and after that I plan to watch Secret Forest, wow.I can't believe I am so excited to watch this kind of genre.

Lady M, I love seeing him the photoshoot that you posted. He looks so flawless and super handsome yet beautiful (lol!) I also love his feature in TOL, but honestly him in during the Yeoshu scene is the least feature of him that I like- because he looks too boyish when pairing in Seo Hyun Jin who does not look so young in that scene.  I mean the pairing does not look good in that scene (one too boyish and one look a true woman). Other than that, I guess I like all other scenes and his looks/features.

I am patiently waiting for the announcement of his next project.

:heart:

My gosh! Who is it so eager to have FM for him...meaning that it will be sometimes before his next project...:dizzy: any cinggus here from Taiwan?

• Like 2

@Jusyed Annyeong.

It has become quiet lately with the Se Jong fever calming down after TOL ended. Back to real life for everyone too. Waaa, I didn't know you haven't seen all those good / highly rave about dramas! Yeah, do carry on to watch Signal and Secret Forest. Once you're done, check out Prison Playbook. If Se Jong could work with the original production teams & crews of these dramas, it would be beneficial for him, and at least we can be guaranteed of the dramas' quality too.

At Yeosu, Se Jong was said to be feeling unwell. I think it was telling too he looked visibly more tired on screen in the Yeosu scenes.

You mean Leaders Cosmetics? :D It's all about the lightings and photoshopping. I spot pimple on the right side of his face near his eye actually, kekeke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Jusyed Annyeong.

It has become quiet lately with the Se Jong fever calming down after TOL ended. Back to real life for everyone too. Waaa, I didn't know you haven't seen all those good / highly rave about dramas! Yeah, do carry on to watch Signal and Secret Forest. Once you're done, check out Prison Playbook. If Se Jong could work with the original production teams & crews of these dramas, it would be beneficial for him, and at least we can be guaranteed of the dramas' quality too.

At Yeosu, Se Jong was said to be feeling unwell. I think it was telling too he looked visibly more tired on screen in the Yeosu scenes.

You mean Leaders Cosmetics? :D It's all about the lightings and photoshopping. I spot pimple on the right side of his face near his eye actually, kekeke.

Yes, I did not watch all those good dramas because when deciding to watch any drama I will go for my bias actress first. Any drama that features Seo Hyun Jin, Gong Hyo Jin and Ha Ji Won I will definitely watch first (except Jealousy Incarnate I watched only half way) that's why I started to watch TOL from the very beginning. I seldom watch because of ratings. Now I have added up Yang Se Jong in my bias list to watch. 

Yes, I notice his face is actually not flawless. It obvious during the post TOL interview kekeke. 

@mademoisellesia I was thinking to suggest to you to contact Yang Se Jong directly and personally. I don't know how can you do it but I am sure there is a way - after all he is not an angel!.If he replies wow that will be superb! 

• Like 2