[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

50 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

You all are way crazy beyond my level of imagination of crazy. I don't have the minutes in the day to do this level of ocd crazy. Put me down for YES (and/or her dad YIJ, although not intentionally in collusion) please. :expressionless: The way SHS is going lately, it would be on par with her being the main crazy biat** and her father behind all this.

48 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sorry for cutting the post...

I am sure there is more than one suspect...but in the spirit of the game....I will go with Kim Jung-Bon :D

Thank you both, the suspect list has been updated. Scroll up and check when you have time.:lol:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the questions I hope to see the writer address in the next couple of episodes.

1. What exactly happen 3 years ago between Eun-Soo father and Chief Lee's father in law?.
was it a simple political rivalry turn tragic? or are there more to it?.

2. What information did Min-Ah(Ga Young) possess that she had to run for her life?.

3. Is Eun-Soo really innocent or she just pretend to be?. Why is she running around 
and act like she has no interest in taking revenge for her father?.

what are some of the questions you guys have for the writer?. I want to peek into your 
mind and see what you are thinking before Episode 9 release.:lol:

9 hours ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Some of the questions I hope to see the writer address in the next couple of episodes.

1. What exactly happen 3 years ago between Eun-Soo father and Chief Lee's father in law?.
was it a simple political rivalry turn tragic? or are there more to it?.

2. What information did Min-Ah(Ga Young) possess that she had to run for her life?.

3. Is Eun-Soo really innocent or she just pretend to be?. Why is she running around 
and act like she has no interest in taking revenge for her father?.

what are some of the questions you guys have for the writer?. I want to peek into your 
mind and see what you are thinking before Episode 9 release.:lol:

@ddeokbokkii    Those are good guess needed to be answered. 

1.  What is Seo Dong Jae hiding? What is his secret???

2. Why is Mr. Yoo working for Lee Chang Jae ?

3. When is Hwang Shi Mok's Birthday?

4. Has Hwang Shi Mok's illness returned for the worst??? can he be saved????

6. What does ES want form Shi Mok????

7.  What happened between LCJ and GY???????

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@st4rdust.... Yes Chingu it seems like he does have those traits. I see everytime he looks at Shi Mok and psychopath love speaking to like minds and challenging their rival because it is fun to them. 

Annyeonghaseyo chingu  

I went to bed and woke to two pages of delightful comments from everyone. While I was rewatching Episode 7 , There was a scene where there was flashback where Lee Chang Jae's corruption started. It started with Park Moo Sung's case. It was a DUI case where the victim was seriously injured and there was no evidence. LCJ circled these fact with a red ink. Now that reminded me why I believe that the culprit could be victim Who suffered due the corruption at the Western Branch. The victim 's name wasn't revealed in Episode 7. 

Now Section Chief Kang asked Mr Yoon to investigate Shi Mok but lied to him saying he was clean. I have come to conclusion that Mr. Yoon reported the info on Shi Mok hospital records. 

Mr Yoon definitely works for Lee because nobody else knew about the surgery. Simok only told Lee the truth. Besides Yoon already called him at the end of Ep6 to report on Simok the first time. 

After rewatching that " bottom of your heart " scene, I realized the voice over of Mr Yoon said a different thing. He had already went to confirm with the doctor and this report was that Si mok is not a violent psychopath at all.

netflix-google-chrome-3_7_2017-8_26_34-p

Spoiler

netflix-google-chrome-3_7_2017-8_26_34-pnetflix-google-chrome-3_7_2017-8_26_34-p

That made Lee trust him more, I think. That would explain why Lee was so amused after Simok left with the veiled warning that Seo is not to be harmed , since he will be watching. 

https://i2.wp.com/secretforestblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/e8_amusedlcj.gif?ssl=1&w=450

Its like : You punk... hahahaha

Good thinking on the DUI charge! To me I only saw that it was telling us how his relationship with Park began. Seo called him that moment, so I was assuming that was the first time they 'helped' Park get away with things. The lack of evidence may have really caused someone to have a grudge against Park himself. Though the culprit seemed to know exactly what to do to fool the investigation so it can't be just a simple revenge? Maybe they 'used' the victim to do their dirty work...hmmm...

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

But don't you think that her anger and the fact that she can't let go of it is what makes her so interesting? For me, it works: it's her imperfection and flaws that draws me to her. I don't want her to calm down until she proves the truth about what happened to her father.    

She indeed lied at the start to hide her connection to CEO Park, but since then she came out clean and helped him a lot, especially with Dong Jae. However, he uses her help while lying about what he knows and i don't get why he thinks that when she does it it's bad, but when he does it it's ok? He allows  himself the same things he used against people to declare them suspects. So he's not more trustworthy than anyone else for me. Like someone (@Tee-Sama maybe? ) said on the thread, he's an unreliable narrator and i wonder more and more if i really like him...   

I didn't feel that she wanted to initiate intimacy: she just wanted to know if he liked her, like any girl who has a crush would like to know. She was curious for sure, but would have been happy if he had just said yes. I'm not sure she was ready for more: dating him or kissing him  seemed very far from of her intentions based on the words she used and her body language. Someone on DB said she 's the kind to wear her heart on her sleeve and i think it's true, so asking him about his feelings didn't embarrass her (especially after Dong Jae's asked out loud if they were lovers) but she was shy about the rest. This kind of contradiction that everybody can show when romantic feelings are involved seem to just annoy Shi Mok and make him impatient, that's why he told her rudely to leave. But not being ready is not being immature, inferior to him or manipulating him necessarily. He should really learn to take those contradictions in consideration. Anyway, being richard simmons off because she refuses to talk sex while he still suspects her is just :grimace:   .            

Chingu @titania1000  for as long as I have been watching Kdrama I see the theme coming on . ES and SM could  be the classic good colleagues/ mentor if only they tightened their bond and have real trust. Sure they are working on that trust now but we still don't know if she can be trusted. She is so daring and not thinking of her own safety so that her justice can be swift.

I love the way you made your point on how can we trust Shi Mok so heartedly since he too love to manipulate. TBH that is one of the reason I love his character because he is more imperfect, flawed and he is trying so hard to solve a case where his colleagues won't try to set him. He is in an environment where he needs survive it or he will get caught in a cage. I see so many people trying to use him. Like Section Chief Kang , Young II Jae, Lee Chang Joon and Eun-Soo. I see a lonely man who is doing his best to survive and manipulation is the only way he can get to the truth. Everyone around are either bought or just not important enough for the higher ups attention. When I saw little Shi Mok crying after his mom just pushed him away and wouldn't even comfort him when she herself was in pain broke my heart to see. 

In Story of Man/ The Slongshot  the character Do Woo most reminded me of Shi Mok. Damn, I pitied Do woo in that drama because there were so many people trying to destroy him but his wife eventually fell for him even though it was love at first. As you can opposites do attract and it is always that same theme in Kdrama.  I asked why SM soften up for YJ is because our everyone he has even met, she doesn't fear him, she doesn't judge and she does try to understand him. 

Going back to look at the first scene we see Yoon and Eunsoo together, they don't really betray if they know each other or not. 

BUT, check out their hands!! He is moving his fingers on his left hand slightly, and so is Eun soo ( right hand )!! What does this mean?? 
Hahahahahah its like their hands having proximity alert and remember holding each other? ( hahahahaha my imagination going into overdrive )

Sorry to embed tweet here, but I couldn't embed the gif file in my earlier post.

2 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

Going back to look at the first scene we see Yoon and Eunsoo together, they don't really betray if they know each other or not. 

BUT, check out their hands!! He is moving his fingers on his left hand slightly, and so is Eun soo ( right hand )!! What does this mean?? 
Hahahahahah its like their hands having proximity alert and remember holding each other? ( hahahahaha my imagination going into overdrive )

Sorry to embed tweet here, but I couldn't embed the gif file in my earlier post.

@st4rdust..... I saw that tooo but thought I was reading to much into the scene. That would probably mean that Young II Jae, Eun Soo , Lee Chang Joo and Mr Yoo. are joined to the hip.. I really believe that these three might want to use Hwang Shi Mok but still not sure about Eun Soo. :bawling::bawling:   That would explain the preview for this weekend right. 

14 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@st4rdust..... I saw that tooo but thought I was reading to much into the scene. That would probably mean that Young II Jae, Eun Soo , Lee Chang Joo and Mr Yoo. are joined to the hip.. I really believe that these three might want to use Hwang Shi Mok but still not sure about Eun Soo. :bawling::bawling:   That would explain the preview for this weekend right. 

hahahahahahaha gotta say I was suspecting Mr Yoon as the ex is becos of ES's mum's descriptive "mama's boy"... that was my first impression of him the moment I saw him hahahahahah *sorry Mr Yoon!!*

1 minute ago, st4rdust said:

hahahahahahaha gotta say I was suspecting Mr Yoon as the ex is becos of ES's mum's descriptive "mama's boy"... that was my first impression of him the moment I saw him hahahahahah *sorry Mr Yoon!!*

@st4rdust.... He does look like a mama's boy but I thinking ES needs a real man. Someone who will still cater to her but won't let her walk all over him. Then the relationship won't be a happy union. 

28 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@st4rdust.... He does look like a mama's boy but I thinking ES needs a real man. Someone who will still cater to her but won't let her walk all over him. Then the relationship won't be a happy union. 

That was her mum's assessment.... So far he seems to me like a very dependable, meticulous character. He researched well on Simok's condition ... hehehee

BTS for Ep7!!

http://tv.naver.com/v/1841090/list/138314

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@yonaomi123......It isn't often where a drama can actually drive you crazy. It just means the writer and the acting is superb. Not all  drama's can have a cast and film crew create something and make it magical.  It takes talent and great dedication to their craft. 

chingus I will speak for myself and this year  as a Kdrama fan I feel very lucky. I saw great dramas the first half of 2017.

Voice, Tunnel, Defendant, kept me busy this winter/spring.

And now for the summer I have Secrets of forest .

Duel its ok for my taste too.

:)

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

1. Like someone (@Tee-Sama maybe? ) said on the thread, he's an unreliable narrator and i wonder more and more if i really like him...

2. Chief prosecutor Lee asked him at one point what he did to get ride of Hyde and he answered surgery but i wonder how much it's true. It feels sometimes thate the surgery only removed his violence and contained his agressivity and that Hyde was always there. His human side seems only to appear in real and genuine way when he's around Yeo Jin though we don't know why (Why her? Why so much power on him when she barely knows him?). I wonder if it's not because she is a strong woman and everybody knows it and respects her for her intelligence and competency though she's working in a male dominated world. While In the same kind of context, Eun Soo is seen as someone so weak that she's been used for the most menial chores even though she's a prosecutor full time. I wonder how both women compare for Shi Mok...

3. I so hope that i'm wrong: Shi Mok  and Eun Soo being friends together and with Yeo Jin is my dream!  Fingers crossed that the futur episodes and the end won't be too bleak!

4. I found this spoilers pics on twitter! lovers of Yeo Jin and Shi Mok will like them! Sorry if it has been already posted!

1. Yeah, may be it was me, I don't remember though.:D

2. I think the surgery was successful to some extent. Why Yeo Jin? Well... it's really simple. She doesn't want anything from him (neither physical nor any emotional attachment), because she has no ulterior motives (she only wants to solve this case, she genuinely wants to help him), he respects and trusts her. Trust is a powerful thing. He gave her this power. And Yeo Jin earned it. I want an episode where we see the world from Shi Mok's point of view, I want to hear his POV about both women.

3. I still don't like Eun Soo. I just want to see Shi Mok with a reliable friend in the future (((Yeo Jin))).:wub:

4. Don't be sorry, thank you for the pics chingu.:heart:

2 hours ago, st4rdust said:

Its Secret Forest Day YAAAAAAAAAY 

Time to look at Time!! :tongue: Can we see any motives here?

https://4musingsblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/07/time-in-the-secret-forest/

Thank you for this post dear. I loved it.:wub:

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I asked why SM soften up for YJ is because our everyone he has even met, she doesn't fear him, she doesn't judge and she does try to understand him. 

Well put, brilliant observation my friend!:wub:

6 hours ago, ddeokbokkii said:

what are some of the questions you guys have for the writer?. I want to peek into your mind and see what you are thinking before Episode 9 release.:lol:

Q. Why Yeo Jin trusts Shi Mok?

Q. What is Yeo Jin's past?

Q. What Shi Mok actually feels about Yeo Jin and Eun Soo?

Q. What is Yeo Jin's family background?

Q. What is Shi Mok's date of birth?

I want to know about Yeo Jin's love life too. I also want to know how Mr. Lee first met his wife. What was the experience like? Does he love her?

So many questions, so little time...:D

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Since I work on Saturday's I will miss the watching it live. Just for this drama , I wish I could watch it live 

Chingu, where can I watch it live? Link please...

I've been meaning to write this. So far with all the talk about culprit and the whole who can be trusted around Shi Mok, I came through some interesting comments on DB. I think we are always talking about how Yeo Jin brings the best out in Shi Mok but what about when she isn't around. He is still very much the same person. He avoids most interactions if possible, he is cold and as long as it doesn't get in the way of his investigation, he is willing to risk even people. He was very cold when is came to handling the Cable guy, the first case. It is true that had he not rushed the whole investigation back then, a lot could've been different. Following that, the knife, breaking into Mi-Ah's home after scarily threatening the driver. Also, latest one would be how he didn't exactly care for Park's son and I don't think he cares much about sacrificial lambs either. Eun Soo, he knew he would need a gun when he followed Eun Soo but he never tried to stop Dong Jae from choking her to death. Sure, she didn't die, it was her fault but he didn't even try to make a sound to distract Dong Jae. I am starting to think, he took that gun out for his own protection, not Eun Soo's. If by the logic that Shi Mok used to make Eun Soo prime suspect that she doesn't care about her own life, does she care about others as long as she gets her revenge, the same is true for Shi Mok. He is capable of seeing someone die right in front of his eyes as long as it gives him the answers that he wants, he is equally capable of cold-blooded murder. I am not saying he killed somebody but can he not do the same? He only lacks motive so far that too based on his little to no interactions with CEO park.

With all of his glaringly uncaring attitude toward other living beings still in place, how would Yeo Jin react to all of it? Will she still be able to trust Shi Mok. The whole world knows him to be some sort of rage monster/psychopath. If this side of Shi Mok ever is revealed to Yeo Jin, will she be able to write him off her suspect list. I am curious about that?

Can't wait for today's episode! :grin:

OSEN

[Oh!쎈 톡] '비밀의 숲' PD "배우들도 몰랐던 범인 윤곽 드러난다"

'Secret Forest' The tail of the perpetrator who can not be caught. The remaining eight are focusing attention. (google translate)

기사입력2017.07.08 오전 9:08 기사원문

0003572813_001_20170708090851429.jpg?type=w540

Spoiler

Google tranlate:

[OSEN = Park Soo-young] 'Secret Forest' The tail of the perpetrator who can not be caught. The remaining eight are focusing attention.

Of the total of 16 episodes, the TVN Saturday drama 'Secret Forest' (directed by An Gil-ho / dramatic Lee Soo-yeon / produced by Segment Entertainment, iOK Media) Hwangsemok (Cho Seung-woo), who was a test-taker, became a special examiner. "After the formation of a special team in the next nine times," said An Gil-ho, "the outcome of each character is interesting, and the outline of the perpetrator is revealed soon," he said. So, I gathered up the remaining 8 points of observation that should not be missed.

# Jo Seung-woo, can you catch the killer in two months?

In a live broadcast, Kang Jin-seop (Yoon Kyung-ho) is a self-proclaimed testimonial who has blocked his ear to the innocent assertion. He pointed out the important issue of the incident when he committed a murder and then acted as a victim. "I will hold the criminal within two months," he declared. If it fails, it will also be a superpower that will be destroyed. Is it possible to arrest the criminal without any further mistakes within the period? Attention is focused on his actions.

# Creation of a special team, 'Cider' is about to burst.

Chief Inspector Lee Chang-joon (Yoo Jae-myeong) made unusual measures to the scandal of the western provincial prosecutor's office. "We will introduce a special examination to investigate the prosecutor's entire prosecution without external involvement in the prosecution's criminal charges and corruption." Then, with the sharp eyes of the changed eyes, he added to his team and his future career. Whether or not the wind of change can be blown into the 'secret forest' stained by corruption, it expects a pleasant cider.

# Who is the actor's identity that the actors did not know until the end?

Many of the characters appearing in the identity of the culprit are questioned as suspects. Because there was one winning corner. One day, however, it was revealed that Park Moo-sung (Ahn Hyo-seop), who was killed by an anonymous informant, was a sponsor of the prosecutors. The prosecution went to trial, and the question was resolved. After killing Park Moo-sung, he wanted to be revealed to the sponsor, and tied the second victim, Kim Gyeong-young (Park Yoon-na) to a silent house bathroom. The perpetrator was the one who suffered from the spontaneous spontaneity, and the person who held the grudge against the prosecution or Park Moo Sung. So I set the case to make the world go crazy.

The actors who participated in the work have been wondering who Jin-bum was until the end, and the 'Secret Forest' is showing a detailed narrative and a high-level reasoning game. Today (8th) night 9:00 tvN Episode 9 broadcast. /comet568@osen.co.kr

3 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

chingus I will speak for myself and this year  as a Kdrama fan I feel very lucky. I saw great dramas the first half of 2017.

Voice, Tunnel, Defendant, kept me busy this winter/spring.

And now for the summer I have Secrets of forest .

Duel its ok for my taste too.

:)

@kiklaminHo Isn't it great that we have Secret Forest? I feel very lucky too. Tunnel was a gem too. Cheers!

Archived