[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

3 minutes ago, valzki said:

As i know and somebody ever said that they haven't got married yet. But we always say "queen" :grin:  a lil bit confused too. Lol 

is it? so they were not married ? but the article always mention Kim So Hyun is playing the queen :)

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, joyezz said:

is it? so they were not married ? but the article always mention Kim So Hyun is playing the queen :)

Sorry chingu..it is my bad. I did some research just now (Lol) and i am sure she is a "queen". I can see from the pic below and the way her hair is tied, it is a kind of queen's hair type :grimace:

Screenshot_2016_12_26_23_56_48_1.png

Cr. Dramabeans

And the pic below is the pic when she was trained to be a queen and she was not a queen yet because of her untied hair.

Screenshot_2016_12_26_23_58_26_1.png

Cr. Dramabeans

• Like 10

In many saguek dramas the queen is dethroned to make way for a new queen. This is mostly for political reasons. KS who was supposed to be away on the borders might have been forced to come back if he heard his sister was being cast aside. I am just saying it might be one of the possibilities. 

Sorry if this has been already discussed. I am still back reading 50 odd pages.

• Like 6

Would we have a happy or sad ending?

I have just been watching certain scenes from Episode 8 again. It's hard to tell what would unfold after this, but I feel it is crucial that Eun Tak now knows the truth about our Goblin and his sword from our Grim Reaper. I do not think that even our Granny Goddess would have foreseen these variables - that our GR and Eun Tak would have developed a close brother-sister relationship, despite how she is one of his missing souls, and that our GR would tell Eun Tak about the consequence of pulling our Goblin's sword out.

At this stage, I think Eun Tak will never agree to pulling the sword out. Previously, she had some suspicion that there could have been more beyond "making the Goblin pretty", and she also started lifting weights in order to become more physically capable of pulling the sword out, because she had thought that it would ease some of our Goblin's physical pain. She had not suspected that it would lead to our Goblin's death and disappearance from her world. Now that she knows, she would never agree to pulling the sword out.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-27%20at%2012.24.

Spoiler

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-27%20at%2012.24.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-27%20at%2012.25.

Our Goblin himself has been struggling with making his decision. While he seems to want to disappear from the world at the end of Episode 6, he now seems to be filled with the desire to continue to live with and love Eun Tak for the rest of her mortal life. While our Goblin is listening the warning from the Granny Goddess, he still offers up a fervent prayer to the heavens that he may still be able to see Eun Tak, love her and tell her that she is his first love.

But I have a feeling that our Goblin will eventually want to give up his own life for Eun Tak's. :cold_sweat: Previously, he would have wanted to end his own life in order to finally be at rest, but he now has the added incentive of protecting Eun Tak.. :( Our Goblin may try to persuade Eun Tak to pull his sword out, but our strong-willed Eun Tak would probably want to die first before she would ever agree to doing such a thing.

So, we are seemingly at a stalemate. I really cannot tell at this stage whether we are going to have a happy or sad ending. I sincerely wish for a happy ending, but this may just be wishful thinking? The writer has dropped some hints that go along the lines of how "first loves usually do not last, or end well". She has even alluded to Kim In Yook's First Love poem that significantly switches from present tense (where the poem describes the beautiful attraction which the girl is) to the past tense where the voice of the poem (or, our Goblin) talks about how it "WAS [his] first love". It's not even a mistranslation - the Korean lines heartbreakingly signifies this switch from present to past tense too. :( It appears to suggest that Eun Tak would eventually not become our Goblin's first love, because they would eventually be separated and their love would end. :dissapointed_relieved:

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-27%20at%201.10.1

I think that the series will eventually lead to a sad ending, because a happy one just seems too accommodating and convenient. However, I personally want the series to end happily where our OTP will live happily ever after, with Deok Hwa, Grim Reaper, Sunny and even Yoo Grandpa,  and make lots of half-Goblin babies. hee. :grimace: Our Goblin would just adorably spoil them rotten. He certainly does deserve to be happy after 900 long years of suffering.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, staygold said:

In many saguek dramas the queen is dethroned to make way for a new queen. This is mostly for political reasons. KS who was supposed to be away on the borders might have been forced to come back if he heard his sister was being cast aside. I am just saying it might be one of the possibilities. 

OMG REALLY???? is queen Kim Sun really dethroned??? how do you know??? btw it's sageuk... not saguek..

• Like 6

Just now, SeGafanlady said:

OMG REALLY???? is Kim Sun really dethroned??? how do you know??? btw it's sageuk... not saguek..

I am not sure she is dethroned. I am just saying it can be a possibility. Thanks for spelling correction!! I so need a fairy to correct my spellings!! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, staygold said:

Sorry if this has been already discussed. I am still back reading 50 odd pages.

Btw, i still don't understand why KS should came back to the palace while before the king asked him to go far away when he gave KS the sword :blink:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, staygold said:

I am not sure she is dethroned. I am just saying it can be a possibility. Thanks for spelling correction!! I so need a fairy to correct my spellings!! :sweatingbullets:

hehehe it's ok.. I'm sure you know it's sageuk drama.... OMG my heart almost dropped I thought queen was really dethroned.. we need to know why why why why all of those horrible things happened... anyway what can you expect from a spoiled childish immature 17 y/o king.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, hallee said:

In episode 7, i'm just wonding why would Eun Tak go to Kim Shin's room and forge the contract that he has signed, and make another exact same copy of their contract....

I think she tried altering the boyfriend clause.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, hallee said:

In episode 7, i'm just wonding why would Eun Tak go to Kim Shin's room and forge the contract that he has signed, and make another exact same copy of their contract....

I think the reason might b ET dint want to take the risk of the contract being teared by KS or it being misplaced so might b the reason she wanted to replace it with the duplicate copy of the contract and keep the original with her or might b she wanted to add more clause to the contract:wub:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, hairuchii said:

I think that the series will eventually lead to a sad ending, because a happy one just seems too accommodating and convenient. However, I personally want the series to end happily where our OTP will live happily ever after, with Deok Hwa, Grim Reaper, Sunny and even Yoo Grandpa,  and make lots of half-Goblin babies. hee. :grimace:

There is one very strong power in this world that you are forgetting about..

Fans made conan doyle bring sherlock back to life, fans made Rowling (who is the most stubborn writer  I have ever seen behave) change ending of harry potter the series...

AND fans made sure that KES ended up changing ending of DOTS..

so, believe in yourself.. those who help themselves, god helps those..

DO you think fans will let KES rest in peace if she does otherwise.. Lol.. Never! .. just as UF's ratings dropped the moment dead end was introduced in that car scene.. plus there are very few dramas where people accept writer's ending..

See how CIIT director got thrashed and even second lead's new drama after all that fan fare did not perform well (ofcourse there are other factors.. but the bitterness remains)

• Like 13

On 12/26/2016 at 8:50 AM, supergal99 said:

Gosh..goblin's 'secret' first love ...juz like a beautiful love poem...:wub:

Thanks to tereishqnachaya.tumblr.com for the wonderful gifs.

These gifs are all lovely, can I use this one as a signature? If you/owner doesn't mind? :wub:

Edited by jeijei
Quoted image
  • Like 7

STOP
What's happening here?

Why does it sound as if two of our treasured soompis misunderstood each other and spilt into fan-devisions?
Even if one likes GY better than LDW, who cares. We are here to enjoy a drama and share thoughts,
not just the good ones, NO we need the negative thoughts, too.

We need to keep our perspectives open and if one or two won't share our view ... why not?
It's alright to disagree with me, set me straight if I am wrong or misunderstood.
Help me to widen my horizon.
That's why I AM here.

To share thoughts, impressions and learn more.

DON'T LEAVE!!!!!

• Like 16