[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, joyezz said:

haha he is the king of handsome crying :grimace:

now ppl are speculating he is the queen because he grabs his chest haha

people really want him to be the queen huh?

I'm 95% sure now that he's the King. However, it might still possible for him to be the queen though since the young queen did see the young King spying on her, if I'm recalling that scene correctly (I might be wrong...). So that flashback could have been from either the Queen or the King's POV.

• Like 19

43 minutes ago, ktiminie said:

:w00t: Real time ratings are insane, average 15.72% up to 19.79%

Source: Daum

The after chaos, couldn't help but make some gif :sweatingbullets:

@ktiminie so its mean it Beat Reply88 record? did Goblin did it? -i really hope it will be the ALL TIME history making Record-breaking King of all dramas at TvN. Dear Lord, let Goblin slay all dramas in all TvN history/
add-on: (need to apologize, huh.. sorry to those who still loved past TvN dramas , eg. Reply88... don't meant o be insensitive to your feelings. just that i am hoping Goblin will slay and wins, jsut let 2017 be a Goblin year pls.)

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I'm 95% sure now that he's the King. However, it might still possible for him to be the queen though since the young queen did see the young King spying on her, if I'm recalling that scene correctly (I might be wrong...). So that flashback could have been from either the Queen or the King's POV.

I think the King resurrected to become a grim reaper unless there'll be some WTF plot twist haha

I think it makes more sense if someone brawling at his lover's  picture rather than picture of himself though 

but he grabs his chest because the queen get shots in the chest

Image result for hmm gif

the grim reaper dress up like an aristrocrat (the king)

• Like 19

:wub: @aurelly @Chellsee @ktiminie @salz @naritul @millie10468 @jellybellymonster @kembangtahu @LovelyCayanan 

love you to bits

I laughed already just readind/looking here

@naritul if I can believe my korean friend there will be no change .. so tomorrow shoukd air

pity I can't see the raws yet ... need to work

• Like 13

Guest ktiminie
21 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@ktiminie so its mean it Beat Reply88 record? did Goblin did it? -i really hope it will be the ALL TIME history making Record-breaking King of all dramas at TvN. Dear Lord, let Goblin slay all dramas in all TvN history/

Not yet, we have to wait 8-9 hours to get definitive ratings. The gap can be important. For instance last week for episode 4 real time ratings were 15.02% average (up to 17.77%) and final ones 11.373% nationwide (Seoul: 13.768%). But it's still interesting to get a glimpse of the trending...

1 hour ago, naritul said:

now I feel sad!! :tears: 

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

Did JET just family-zone KS? She's apologizing to him? For what?

He's hugging her. She pushes back. OMO, what's wrong with the sword. It's hurting him!! JET can grab it now!! DON'T PULL IT!! GOSH!! He pushes her away trying to stop her from pulling the sword and causes a massive pile up with some cars!! See, folks. This is why you should have told her the truth about what pulling the sword does.

End.

Preview: KS sends her home. GR keeps staring at the Queen's picture, he doesn't remember who she is though. What a sad preview. Please be a fakeout like with episode 5. Please...

ahhhhhhhhhhh what's happening now?!! :astonished:

1 hour ago, jellybellymonster said:

OMO! KS chests starts to hurt. JET can hold the blade now! She starts pulling it out. KS pushes her away and she is sent flying away. KS teleports to save her but causes an accident behind them. Several cars are turned over.

End.

Spoiler

Preview:

KS brings ET home and lays her down her bed.

GR holding the portrait.

GR seeing Sunny but he looks like he is in so much pain.

ET crying.

KS teary eyed.

great!! I feel happy for some reason now!! *sarcasm* wea Krea?!! ahhhhhhhh

• Like 8

ET you have a cute Goblin man child and you are crushing on Tae Hee oppa? KS never fails to amuse me with his jealousy. It's so adorable. Just as GR is with Sunny. Why are these two bumbling heroes so cute?! Also I am honestly surprised so many people think GR is the Queen. Ehh, GR's are made into GR due to committing a large crime. The King is the one who committed the crime, not the Queen.

I am really dreading tomorrows episode. Angst and plus I am worried about my Bromance. :(

And questions... Did KS crush ET's ribs or something? Why is she sick?

• Like 19

26 minutes ago, selenette said:

Thank you, @maryofbethany  dear, for this scenario. I treasure your insightful posts (that Beauty and the Beast one is my favorite, though), and this one will ease my pain when the angst tidal wave comes later.

Thank you, thank you.

@selenette actually i am of late quite touched by reaper's similiciity., he will make a good nice husband in a family owned Hotel or resturant business.
i msut say i am smitten by reaper.. but utterly smitten by Goblin. but must say Reaper can make a good friend, a good brother, a good hsuband, all 3 role. (haha. even a good house-mate, he can do all your boring house-chores.)
deep down, i still loved my ahjusshi.
since WS seems to be quite a simple man. as much as i do dying to wish ET and KS happy ending. But if WS and Sunny doesnt end well, it feel lacking in the "mortal life" of KS and ET. not just WS has become close buddy of KS, watching KS back. but Sunny has become closer than a blood-kin sister with ET. i loved how this story don't just spin around love relaitonship between 2 OTP, but make them appreciate people around him, making them not just learn how to get along well with each other. But alos make both Main OTP grow in their own relationship with their "room-mate".

and Kim Eunsook's most famous works in DotS, Secret Garden, Heirs... Lovers series, all never has sad ending right? pls Jaebal, all 4 must survive at end of ep16, else the happiness will NOT be complete. if one of the 4 depart. i am going to trust KES no-sadending-records!!!

my best friend told me didnt i loved melodramas, yes, i loved melodramas liek the "Four Seasons" eg, Winter Sonata..  i don't mind crying rivers for all 15 eps, but let the last ep end with happy ending. 939 years is longer than anyone's one single life time, time to give him back his mortal life and have an ending, a happy one.. to have an end and die, is far better than have a not-happy eternity.

KIm Eunsook, i plea, i beg, i warn,  i threaten, pls give happy ending for all 4.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, joyezz said:

I think it makes more sense if someone brawling at his lover's  picture rather than picture of himself though 

I also think GR is the King, Sunny the Queen.

But I am laughing now at the thought of GR sobbing soo pitifully at his own portrait. Narcissistic (or maybe full of pride) much? Maybe that's his great sin if he actually turns out to be the Queen. Maaaan, this setup is messing up my pronouns. 

When GR was sobbing and he asks DH who the girl in the scroll is, DH answered samchon blah blah. I didn't hear it clearly because my mother is also asking me who she is. Guh. :expressionless: Waiting for subs is killing me! 

Then it shows Sunny at her shop looking faraway and the flashbacks to the young king and queen starts. LOL I thought then that she remembers her life. But I think that's not the case. 

The Red Lady also appeared (wasn't there an article that called her Goddess of Birth?) talking to some human (I think)  about something right after the GR and Sunny scene. 

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, ktiminie said:

:w00t: Real time ratings are insane, average 15.72% up to 19.79%

Source: Daum

The after chaos, couldn't help but make some gif :sweatingbullets:

WOW the highest rating in TVN history!!!!

it's okay to split a car and crushed so many cars!!! hahaha LOL

My fav scenes in this episode...

so beautiful....:love:

SATU_zpsjoy3fb3i.gif

Eun Tak, next time please give me real hug, okay dear?

DUA_zpscfowrh99.gif

HE IS SOOOOO COOL!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS NAMJAAAAA....

FHAdYf.gif

It started beautiful yet ended soooo tragic LOL

empat_zpsiuqcikfo.gif

LIMA_zpsx3iaqhtj.gif

• Like 23

SHE CAN PULL THE SWORDDDDD!!!!

HE's not ready yet,,,ofc you love him KS!!!

confirmed too... quite high budgeted drama hahaha

:love:

dont know why i see him sooooooo COOL here!!! how he caught her is soooo COOL!!! :love:

because he was cool!! :love: 

but at the same time I'm worried of what's to come!! :dizzy:

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

look I cried endlessly thanks to Hwarang this week so can I ask you to be nice to me and not make me cry more show?!! please!! :tears: 

thank you so much to all the live recapers for live recap, screencaps, gifs and videos!! :heart: 

• Like 9

i think GR was the king and sunny was the queen

@naritul may i know where you gotten the gif of the Young-King and the Young-queen, before they are married, when both dressed commoner=clothes. ? i wanted to copy and post for some fans who are Kim So hyun's fans. any link for me to copy and psot. i am pretty 'stupid' in IT matters. jaebel , pls help.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, maryofbethany said:

@shynaz Amen. amen. 7 fold Amens.
actually sometimes it is KS that act like a 19 yrs old virgin boy. hahaha. loved the way both KS and  WS are behaving like amateurs in love-lives. yet both supporting eahc other against their love rival. haha. Haters are still haters, haters will find other things to rant against ET. just let them be.

One thought, its time ET must know of the implication of drawing out the sword, don't she has the right to know?
another question: why out of sudden she can draw the sword= when at the beginning of this ep, she can't? what happen that make her qualify for phsically touching the sword?

one thought: what if even if its the Bride's duty to remove the sword, why can't she only remove after 50 years, when both of them grew old? is there a time frame whereby she needs to dreaw out the swrord? what happen if he found the Bride and both resist their Fate?
just like if  Reaper refused to reap any innocent souls?

when KS acknowledge and accept her in his heart as his Bride, in sentimental sense?
i can't stream, the srteaming site i have deso not work right at beginning, i depend on all your awesome hardwork. many thanks.

She totally has the right to know! Especially since it isn't something that can be accomplished without her.

As for what might be the difference between the beginning of the ep, when she couldn't pull the sword, and the end of the ep, when she could pull the sword, my theory is KS's feelings and perhaps also ET's.

Throughout this thread there have been many, well-written posts on the role of sadness, anger, resentment and vengeance in the drama and specifically as regards to KS and his goblinhood. What if the sword pains KS most when his emotions aren't aligned with the base emotions (resentment, anger, vengeance, sadness) embedded in the sword? In last week's episode, KS confessed to GR that his sword had begun to hurt him more and more. Now, as we've seen (flashback sequence to KS trying to pull the sword) and has been said (first ep convo with grandpa), feeling pain from the sword is not a new occurrence but there must be something new to it now. The appearance of the goblin bride definitely marks something new but it's ET's effect on KS that is the important factor. With her, he is happier, lighter and he doesn't just want "peace" - he wants to live.

At the end of today's episode, right before the sword pain flared, what was KS doing? Enjoying a happy moment with ET and perhaps the more aligned he is with true happiness the more misaligned he is with the sword. In my theory this misalignment between KS and the sword is key to its removal because only when he can emotionally divorce himself from what the sword represents can ET remove it. I also don't discount the weight of ET's own desire to pull the sword - at the start of the ep, she was all fired-up to pull it but she had that contract drawn up, didn't she? And based on all the clauses, ET fears being thrown away by KS once the sword is pulled. So who's to say that touch of fear? reluctance? didn't have an effect on her ability to touch the sword? But at the end of the ep, seeing KS in pain, ET only had one thought on her mind - to relieve KS's suffering. Maybe the two, bride and groom, have to be aligned too? 

Anywho, these are just some of my frantic thoughts after watching another great and funny episode. I loved all the main otp moments to bits and pieces. KS was so kind of hot the way he reacted to the kiss by, um, tasting his own lips afterward:blush:  :wub:. Also, I love how they were both lost in each other as he stroked her hair and his face when she took his hand to look at his watch, I freaking die!  Oh, is he just going to hug her and hold her hand and stuff now? Because yes, please, and thank you!!! 

Ah and GR has seen the Queen's portrait and he's being torn apart by mysterious emotions he has no point of reference for. While GR remains cute, I'm really looking forward to this reveal almost as much as my lovely, lovely ET x KS. So much unfinished business between KS, GR and Sunny.

• Like 22

Oh my god, I am still in shock for everything that was revealed in the last 15 minutes. I was like expecting that like 3-4 episodes later. I am so scared for wookie character, I am worried how he is going to deal with the reality of his past and I am afraid how is relationship is going to turn out for sunny. If he gives her a cup to remember all her past memories, won't she begin to hate him, and then when Goblin finds out he was the king, won't he hate him too? Oh my god and I got xmas celebration party tomorrow, how am I going to enjoy myself!?!!!

• Like 17