[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

SEEMS THAT

'Guardian' fever continues

By Park Jin-hai

Fantasy-romance drama "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" ended more than two weeks ago, posting a record high 20.5 percent viewership for the cable network tvN.

The story of immortal goblin Kim Shin, played by Gong Yoo, and his human bride is no longer airing but it continues to make waves on social media by fans who miss the drama.

Online social networking sites are swarming with photos, where fans have uploaded edited images of themselves with Gong. Typing in hash-tags of "Gong Yoo selfie" "Goblin bride" or "Guardian side effect" will turn up many such photos.

Celebrities, including K-pop singers Girls' Generation's Taeyeon, AOA's Seol Hyun and BoA, also join the hype as they posted their photographs with a sword penetrating through the chest as Kim Shin was seen in the drama. SISTAR's Bora on her birthday video blew candles making a wish saying "Gong Yoo, come out!" BIGBANG's G-Dragon also posted a photo, parodying the drama scene with the sword.

Politicians, mindful of pop culture, also used "Guardian" parodies actively. South Chungcheong Governor and presidential candidate An Hee-jung posted a photo of him and wife on Instagram, where An was depicted as a goblin and was holding the hand of his wife, who is wearing a red scarf like the goblin's human bride in the drama. The photo hash-tagged "Gong Yoo" and "Guardian" gained over 6,000 likes from people with over 500 comments. National Assembly Speaker Chung Sye-kyun also revealed an edited photo of himself, walking side by side with Gong and another lead actor Lee Dong-wook, humorously commenting "I thought that all-black (suit) would do."

Due to Guardian's popularity, Gong's other dramas and films gained renewed attention as his fans looked for VOD services for Gong's past works, such as "Big" (2012) and "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince" (2007), "The Age of Shadows" (2016) and "Train to Busan" (2016).

The soured Sino-Korean relationship surrounding South Korea's deployment of THAAD is still taking a heavy toll on local culture and entertainment sectors, Gong's name became the most searched word on China's social media platform Weibo on Jan. 24. The 16-part drama's broadcasting rights are sold to Japan at $200,000 for each episode. It is also exported to Cambodia, Laos, Mongolia, the Maldives, Pakistan and other countries.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2017/02/688_223457.html

CONGRATULATIONS!I FEEL SO HAPPY!!!THEY DESERVE!

• Like 12

19 hours ago, packmule3 said:

And there’s also this foreshadowing in Episode 15. I called it the airport angel.

:D

See? It fits well with the ending. Shin said the 17 hour wait (haha. Little did he know) was so long he felt like dying. But when the airport doors opened and she appeared, he must have felt like he was in seventh heaven or cloud nine...to borrow celestial metaphors. 

KES mentioned angel so many times in referring to ET, that it’s almost criminally stupid to dismiss these as nothing more than red herrings. Like, I don’t have to be bludgeoned to death to get KES’ message. She already convinced me when DH said that the passcode for the mansion was 1004. It was clear that ET was going to be the proverbial key to everybody’s existence in the stor

goblin%20airport%20angel1_zpsls6ijuax.jp

OMG another parallel! How did I miss this? He waited for '17 hours' and he thought he would die! This totally parallels Shin's wait for 100 years for ET, and how that waiting must have been so hard on him, as we saw while the homeless man [ deity in my mind] passed him the sandwich. Guess that's what re-watch does to you @PM3! I can see now why re-watches are so important to you!

19 hours ago, packmule3 said:

That’s the significance of the whole motto, je me souviens. To live in the remembrance of those left behind – in the hearts of those who remember -- is to keep on living forever.

And at this very cemetery, the whole theme of “eternal” love comes full circle here, too. It’s beautifully ironic when you think about it, nearsea.

Despite the burden of this sad love, he would wait for her because she had promised to return and live the rest of her afterlife with him.  (lol. Remember she made a bet with him that sad love existed and that HE would wait? She won that bet.)  He waited for her arrival there because that was the place she had first joked that she was to be the goblin’s bride in 200 years.  He denied it THAT time.  I thought he was being mean when he said, “no.”

Meaning, she isn't going to be his bride "in about 200 years or so" because she IS his bride...right about now. lol. It's all about semantics. 

And ET sniffed (lol. Didn’t I say to watch out for her sniffing?) To me, every time she sniffed, it meant skepticism, like she was saying “I don’t believe you” or “Hmmph. If you say so.” Or “Let’s see about that.”  Thank goodness though that she eventually figured out that Shin’s “no” meant something else. 

goblin%20bride%20not_zps7bxgwqwj.jpg

:o Forgot about this one too! This is gold. So it has been fixed from the start. [ We know already, but this is another solid proof here]. Though such a lovely 'confirmation' and this seals the deal above all confusions. ET mentions herself here that she will become Goblin's bride in 200 years. And she did, she came back after 100 years to become his bride, and seeing how there were no additional dialogues here, we can probably ascertain that she is the bride this time permanently. 

• Like 8

I guess others have posted about it, but I was very disheartened over the Daum Cafe's announcement yesterday. Supposedly, there have only been 10 international orders each for the Blu Ray and DVD box sets. I thought there would have been MORE? :( 

The admin has also confessed that their focus has always been on domestic demand from the beginning. It's really unfortunate that they're not planning to do English subs at the moment.

The admin has said that if the international orders exceed 200, then they would consider it.

SO, GOBLINERS, BRIDES, GUARDIANS AND IMMORTALS! Let's start promoting it! Anyone could PM me if they need help navigating Daum Cafe or Yes24! 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

My book came in yesterday and today my album came in, too! I am now a happy camper! Sitting in starbucks doing homework, taking breaks to write in my goblin book and listening to the soundtrack! Love it! :thumbsup::smile:

The boxing of the album is SOOO NICE!!! 

https://postimg.org/image/mm49cdeup/

Haha, niiiiiiiiiice. Livin' the life, aren't cha? :wink: 

It's purdy~ where'd you get it? I found a couple places, but don't know which would be the best. Did you also get the posters? I don't NEED the posters because I honestly wished they chose better pictures (I like the ShinTak one, but the one with Grims and Shin is so damn gloomy). Also, can you tell me if the two packs have the same songs and the same amount of songs? Like, is the only difference between the OST packs, the pictures? If so, damn, my precious bank account~ T___T

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hairuchii said:

I guess others have posted about it, but I was very disheartened over the Daum Cafe's announcement yesterday. Supposedly, there have only been 10 international orders each for the Blu Ray and DVD box sets. I thought there would have been MORE? :( 

The admin has also confessed that their focus has always been on domestic demand from the beginning. It's really unfortunate that they're not planning to do English subs at the moment.

The admin has said that if the international orders exceed 200, then they would consider it.

SO, GOBLINERS, BRIDES, GUARDIANS AND IMMORTALS! Let's start promoting it! Anyone could PM me if they need help navigating Daum Cafe or Yes24! 

Now I'm confused, we need to order first then they will consider? Errr, but that's not how you doing a business, how is it possible for us to buy the DVD when we unable to understand Korean, and they will consider after we order (after they send the DVD to us)? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here. :crazy: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oktatwork said:

Now I'm confused, we need to order first then they will consider? Errr, but that's not how you doing a business, how is it possible for us to buy the DVD when we unable to understand Korean, and they will consider after we order (after they send the DVD to us)? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here. :crazy: 

For DCuts the details about what's included comes later so that's normal. The reason is because unlike regular DVDs these are only released if the minimum is met (already confirmed for this one) and then the more orders there are, the more special goods you can negotiate for. You can cancel later if there really are no subs. My friends and I are thinking of making a tutorial for how to register for the DVD site and how to order on yes24. The problem is I don't use FB, twitter, instagram etc so I wouldn't know where to post it. I also think it would be good to track all the orders because otherwise we have no way of confirming if 200 min is met. I'm not sure I trust them to tell us. 

Also- if anyone is fluent in Chinese and wants to help me translate so we can target that fan group too, that would help so much. Please PM me. Thanks!!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lizzyd said:

For DCuts the details about what's included comes later so that's normal. The reason is because unlike regular DVDs these are only released if the minimum is met (already confirmed for this one) and then the more orders there are, the more special goods you can negotiate for. You can cancel later if there really are no subs. My friends and I are thinking of making a tutorial for how to register for the DVD site and how to order on yes24. The problem is I don't use FB, twitter, instagram etc so I wouldn't know where to post it. I also think it would be good to track all the orders because otherwise we have no way of confirming if 200 min is met. I'm not sure I trust them to tell us. 

Also- if anyone is fluent in Chinese and wants to help me translate so we can target that fan group too, that would help so much. Please PM me. Thanks!!

If you create it for us, I'm sure all the lovely members on here would be more than happy to share it in their SNS. I know I definitely will on Instagram. I'll message GY and Goblin fanpages too to spread the message :) 

As for keeping tab, I know the planner community loves sharing screen caps of all order confirmation page with all their personal information blurred out. Maybe we can do something like that here?

@janeeta hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Better live it up with our ahjusshis right? :tongue: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, janeeta said:

OOOOOH CONGRATS! I'm still on the fence if I want it or not. I already have all of the songs on Spotify but THAT PACKAGING! So the flip book is the photobooth kiss on one side and the runway on the other? What's in the other booklet?

I know, I have it on spotify, too, but still I just had to get it and keep it as a souvenir. Yes, I got the flip book that is the photobook kiss and the walk/runway on the other side. The booklet with the Goblin and Grim Reaper on is like a small photobook and the black one is the lyric book.

6 hours ago, starryknights said:

Haha, niiiiiiiiiice. Livin' the life, aren't cha? :wink: 

It's purdy~ where'd you get it? I found a couple places, but don't know which would be the best. Did you also get the posters? I don't NEED the posters because I honestly wished they chose better pictures (I like the ShinTak one, but the one with Grims and Shin is so damn gloomy). Also, can you tell me if the two packs have the same songs and the same amount of songs? Like, is the only difference between the OST packs, the pictures? If so, damn, my precious bank account~ T___T

I purchase mine from kpopmart and I did get two copies of the album, my sister has the other one which has the Goblin and Grim Reaper on the cover. The CDs has the same music soundtrack and booklet only the flip book is different. The one with the Goblin and Grim Reaper on the cover has a flip book of the rainy scene, where Shin and Eun Tak first meet and walked by each other in Episode 1 and the other scene where Eun Tak takes picture with Shin and Grim Reaper. 

• Like 2

The Top 10 Moments Between The “Goblin” OTP

goblin buckwheat feature image

Every once in a blue moon, a drama couple comes along that changes the OTP game. This was the case for “Goblin.” The romance between the immortal and lonely Goblin (Gong Yoo) and the sweet and eternally optimistic Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) was an epic one that transcended heaven and earth, spanning decades, continents, and lifetimes. It was strange, beautiful, and hopeful, with wonderfully melancholic overtones. A truly sorrowful love to last an eternity. This is the type of love that pulls at my heartstrings and leaves an indelible mark on my heart, which I fear will never be removed.

READ MORE: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/07/top-10-moments-goblin-otp/

• Like 8

So I was re-watching Ep 15( My favorite) ,and KS says that he has been to Quebec 4 times with JET, but I remember only 3 trips. (ep1-2, 4-5, and ep 6) Which episode has the fourth trip?  Does ep 15 count as the fourth time?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NRGchick said:

How can I get over you? Ah...Dokkaebi...

Still the number one song as well!! GOBLIN POWER!!!!!!  

Song information
good
Movie
down
Ring / Bell

Like 16
Music Video
Download
Down

One rank equal to0
I will go to you like a first eye - go to page
Like 123 096

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images - moderator
  • Like 10

hello Cingu

I'm Silent reader here

now im here (last Coming here when Healer air) maybe some of know from my name. and because right now im fell in love with Goblin especially with Goblin couple. i miss them so much and now im still cant move on

btw .... im interested to buy Dvd/blurey DCut Goblin. where i can order it?! can u tell me more detail please. i mean whats the inside of Dcut.? its like spesial episode or more Ng or cut?? im litte bit upset with the 2nd part se .coz goblin coupe moment only a little. greedy me...i want more.heheh

Last buy Dcut is Healer (so expensive) and im satisfied. i want to know bout Dcut for Goblin maybe some of know bout it.

and im done ..with survey for international fans .sorry for my english

• Like 6