[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

ET ma told ET not to make eye contact with ghosts and not to speak to them

She also said "I hoped it was not true"
Being in that moment a ghost herself, she realized that ET could indeed see her and the ghost she meant was herself and all the other ghosts to come, as she probably saw/heard ETs struggle before

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hairuchii said:

Oh, perhaps you have missed one of my earlier posts where I wrote about how Kim Shin holds Eun Tak with such high regard and respect because she is just so precious to him. I am quite aware of this! :) I was being lighthearted with the post you responded to, but I guess you had reminded me to be careful with my words and not end up creating misunderstandings. Sorry! 

Like you, I will also be perfectly happy with sweet, blissful scenes between Kim Shin and Eun Tak, such as if the writer decided to include another scene where our OTP falls asleep right beside each other bathed in the warm glow of candlelight. I feel that, even  if the writer includes another one of this scene, it is still okay with me since it is how their relationship has slowly progressed all through the series.

I was just really surprised to see the intensity of the Kim Shin and Eun Tak's last kiss that came quite suddenly. It was also rather carnal. And I wasn't expecting it to be so, hence my comment on how I wasn't expecting that we would get to 'dirty love' so soon. If there is a graph that depicts their skinship all through the series, the graph would have been a gentle climb and suddenly a peak for last night's kiss with a steep incline appears. XD Gosh, I didn't expect to be using Maths to describe this. Lol.

Hahaha! I like your comment about perhaps it may not be the character of Kim Shin that inspires these 'dirty' thoughts but Gong Yoo himself. Well, that is true. Oh my. B)  It doesn't help that I have watched The Suspect, A Man and A Woman, and Finding Mr Destiny recently... 

@hairuchii hah.. need not be.. no misunderstanding.. i may have read your posts.. or maynot, i need rememeber someone mention this, about how respectful he tenderly treat her.. its me who use all liberty swoon without restriction, some time may made people wonder doubt whether "i am a good girl".. (heha.joking).
and joking aside. .. contrary, i am waiting for it to get intense very soon.. given that Shin is too tensed up by his impending death by sword-pulling and restrictign and suppressing himself to draw the distance so that ET can miss him lesser...
with all the rant against ahjussi-loves, we actually can tell those who vehemently rant against ahjussi love are but a minority, just because the famous bloggers and recappers happen to be among this group of disgrunted people against age-gap or high-school-love.. doesnt mean the majority are aganst.... PROVEN!
in fact teh peak in rating shown TvN is wise, and Writernim fail not , in breaking in This Epic Kiss at the right time, its like climbing a steep mountain to the peak.. somewhere because of the scenery well known on top, you expected all efforts be not waste when you reach there... .and TvN does NOT fail in not asking you climb half way say, reach already go downhill now.. when you have not taken in the breathetaking view... and our breathetaking view is that epic kiss.

beause of GY and GE past movies, we have high expectation, and i saw one MV that mixed "Goblin / Muse / Man&woman" into one MV. the second part was quite 50 shades , so in the end i cannot post it here.  but seriously, with GY, he has such gravity that comes with his maturity, that age does bring in a sense of "he meant what he said" kind of trust.. so when he execute those scenes.. you don't feel like its just teen's adrenaline rush of lustful urge, but he was in true love ... you felt that in those scene, he is giving himself instead of taking in selfishly... i guess that make the differene..
oh damn it.. lets don't say any more.. i am going to church worship in hours time,  don't let me think pervy thought afterward, in case thunder lighting strikes down at my pew afterward,.. :wub:GOD FORBID.. i dont want to smile silly pervy mid-sermon, and my friend next to me stare daggers at me......

• Like 17

Hi all ~ just watched the latest episode ~ gotta say how surprised (and pleased) I was that the SwordOfDoomTM was finally removed !

* Shin (gallantly) took on all responsibility for passing to ashes. Figuratively by making the choice, then literally by using Eun Tak's hands while semi-conscious. She won't have to live on with the certainty that SHE killed him. (nicely played Ms. Writer)

* Presumably Eun Tak no longer has the mark/or can see ghosts. This would give her a more 'normal' future life.With memories or without. (please NO amnesia/memory tea...pls, pls, pls)

* Shin definitely planned the final face-off....so calm, so smooth, like a Boss.

* I'm looking forward to seeing Wang Yeo cry less. Not because Lee Dong Wook isn't handsome while doing it, or that the character doesn't require it, it does....but more because I keep wanting to grab a box to tissues and daub his face and nose.

* I seriously want to know who Hoobae Reaper is in his past life and why Red Lady torments him so much. <---in a playful way. She's responsible for manipulating all sorts of scenarios ~ so that Hoobae wouldn't be renting from her unless he had some connection to the big picture.

* I'm intrigued by the premise of the next episode - I've read that it will be split into 2 parts and will be exploring the past life interactions that created this tangled web. (will they bring back the young actors at length? I hope so. I thought we had too little of them as fresh-loves and also dashing, not-so-young general)
^ I really, realllllly hope that it's not just an hour of flash-back scenes from previously edited footage ---which is basically the same flashbacks that we've been treated to again and again from different angles.

* Next... the two back-to-back episodes the following day will bring the story to full close <---we hope. Considering that the protagonist is technically terminated, what will those two episodes contain?

What I think they it should cover:

1) no amnesia/memory removal. just no. nuh-uh. < waves finger >

2) Secretary Kim gets another chance to dance. 

3) Eun Tak graduates college and becomes a Super Popular radio star. Grim Reaper Squad tune into her shows without fail.

4) Wang Yeo gets demoted from semi-immortal/Reaper to mere mortal human. Sunny hires him as a part-timer/fry chef since he has no job skills other than making memory-loss tea and being a former King. (naturally, they move into Shin's house together. WY has rented it already)

5) Squid Lips doesn't just poof away to ashes but also has to report to the 'tea room' which is attended by Female Reaper (who was part of the special task force for missing souls) She was instrumental in bringing him to justice. His sentence is to drink bowls of medical concoctions, one after the other, endlessly, eternally.

6) Hoobae reaper sweeps Red Lady into a passionate kiss ~ a sudden outbreak of triplet births occur all around the city.

7) ...and of course, that our Goblin is the man meeting Eun Tak for lunch in Canada. Our Goblin AS the same man, not reincarnation. The same ice-cream hoarding, technology-fool, wide-shouldered with boy-ish grin... Goblin.

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

ET ma told ET not to make eye contact with ghosts and not to speak to them @maryofbethany here is where you can find us..

@makeuptemple best news of the week. but you ruin my Sunday worship's holiness... hahaha. joking. c u brides and queens tonight. sunday is my worship day, be tied down till late or sundown. bad news: the last ep day on coming sat, i will have Family Clan Dinner. i can't fake illness or anything , they will know.... so i will miss the LIVE streaming ... i hate myself!!!!!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, 122am said:

Hi all, I am also curious about last scene, feel like something is missing at the last scene.

I want to thank @Razmotte Cazabon @CatWhiskers @janeeta @carolinedl @hallee for participating in discussion about translation of last scene. After reading your comments, it made me want to understand exactly what the script is trying to say. Thank you ladies!

Though I don't understand Korean, I can read Chinese subs, so here is my input after looking at Chinese subs. Hope it helps all of us to fully enjoy the scene as a fangirl :)

My input in blue below:

KS: Meeting you was the reward of my life.
此生相遇,无与伦比。
In this lifetime, my experience of meeting you... was perfection, uncomparable, unforgettable. (The Chinese subtitles used 无与伦比, which means "the experience was total perfection, nothing can be compared to it, there is nothing that fall under the same quality or category")

ET: No. Please. You said you wouldn't let go of my hands. You promised me.

KS: I will come as the rain. I will come as the first snowfall. I will beg the divinity to let me do just that

(Additional line)
ET: 没有你,我该怎么办?
What will I do / How will I live, without you?

ET: Don't do this. Don't go like this. I love you. I love you. I love you.

KS: So do I. I love you. I already did that back there (he's talking about kissing her, he showed her his love)
我也    爱你。 这个,已经做到了。
Me too. I love you. This, I have done. (My understanding is: 'I love you, I have loved you. Loving you, I have done it. All this time.' So I think he is trying to say... 'I have been loving you all along, all the way.' Just that he didn't say it out. So... the original Eng subtitle, 'I already did that back there', should be understood as, the whole journey of being with ET, understanding her, accepting her as Goblin's Bride, knowing her, loving her, all time spent together = back there. And not just overnight trip and kiss.)

*turns to ashes after a tear*

ET: NO 

Just reading the their lines makes me cry.... I'm still feeling heartbroken after KS death 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, shynaz said:

Morning..this thread become so fast although we just have one episode only.. :o

3 hours more I watch special episode.Just want to memorize the happening and lovely this drama.:heart:

At one point during live streaming, the thread actually almost crashed. It was insanity and I was having trouble reading half of the stuff through my tears. But hey, we're officially the HOT topic in the Soompi threads so woooooo us!

29 minutes ago, melonpark said:

Hello chingus! Is the special episode now subbed? I have been looking forever for non-licensed sites and I can't see one! Where do you think I can find it? Can someone give me a link? Huhu. Thank you very much! 

have you checked viki? dramafever? 

@aurelly why don't you join us in our pervy club? i have posted link somewhere above... 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, janeeta said:

At one point during live streaming, the thread actually almost crashed. It was insanity and I was having trouble reading half of the stuff through my tears. But hey, we're officially the HOT topic in the Soompi threads so woooooo us!

its true because when do live streaming this forum jammed so much.:DI love we have all topic to discuss..especially hot kiss...

I dont want mention  dying kim shin again..its too painfull...:(

• Like 3

I think I need to try and get some normalcy in my life. It's like time is frozen until next Friday. *listening to Beautiful Life*

7HJ9nn.gif

Here's praying they will have eternity together forever. 

PS. Has anyone seen how Eun Tak matured from the first episode where she is such a high school teenager to Ep 13 where she is more womanly. 

• Like 19

Damn my internet.. this was meant to be posted last night but i just cannot do it... good thing is i found what i'm looking for this morning...

--

just finished watching ep 13 with subs.. because my internet was soooo damn slow, it took me 1 whole day to watch the epiosode.. keep buffering and i hv to remember the time (in minute) the last time i watch it before i keep the refresh button.. damn it...

it was definitely an intense ep and i did cry a lot.. though i'm not a fan of wangsun couple but surprisingly their breakup scene on the bridge is the one that make me cry the most.. i feel hurt by simply watching at how they painfully gaze at each other... put that aside for awhile, the final is super awesome too but i can't to find some simple mistakes in it.. but i bet the crew and cast already too tired to notice those.. anyway.. overall this is the best drama ever..

so because today's special was not so special... how about having out OTP in these two clips.. and the songs are nice too.. we can watch them with the lyric's subs too... happy not-so goblin day chingu (because no goblin today)...

sorry.. cannot find the one with KGE in it.. i forgot the song title and the singer.. keep humming it but totally forgot the song...:bawling:

found it.. "come with me girl"...

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Amanda Soo said:

Am I the only one who woke uo with the biggest swollen eyes ever? This is worse than my Reply 1988 state last year. Lol. 

I cried silly on off till 3am. Wake up at 6Am.  I think I will be like "walking dead" today. Walked like purple lips cockroach today... Those that stay late like myself last night and the night before can testify same experienced. Its "Brides/queen syndrome". 

• Like 10

I have one week for speculating whether ET will be amnesia or not, what a hard week. But I hope she wont :confounded:

2 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

I cried silly on off till 3am. Wake up at 6Am.  I think I will be like "walking dead" today. Walked like purple lips cockroach today... Those that stay late like myself last night and the night before can testify same experienced. Its "Brides/queen syndrome". 

@Amanda Soo it's even worse than DOTS, because the feeling when KS disappeared in front of ET is like heart attack:heartbreak:

• Like 11